PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Lashley Signs With Strikeforce

snakerattle79
12-11-2009, 07:58 AM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/dec/10/bobby-lashley-signs-strikeforce/

The fight organization Strikeforce has added another fighter to its roster Former World Wrestling Entertainment star and current heavyweight mixed martial artist Bobby Lashley.

Lashley (4-0) signed a multi-year agreement, which will officially start when he makes his Strikeforce debut at BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. on Jan. 30.

Im looking forward to fighting for Strikeforce and challenging myself by taking on some of the top heavyweights in MMA, said Lashley.

Lashley is a former collegiate wrestler at Missouri Valley College and served in the U.S. army. At 6-foot-3 and 250 pounds, hell be one of the larger fighters of the heavyweight division.

He made his professional debut in the sport on Dec. 13, 2008 with a 41-second TKO over Joshua Franklin. He then defeated Jason Guida, brother of UFC fighter Clay Guida, by unanimous decision, followed by back-to-back submissions in the first round of his next two fights.

The news comes just days after Strikeforce announced the signing of former UFC middleweight Dan Henderson.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Wonder if they will bring him along slow or throw him to the Wolves!

Jason 16
12-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Wonder if they will bring him along slow or throw him to the Wolves!

I think they will do the right thing. so far I think strike force it doing a great job getting good people as well as ones that people will all ready know. they just need to have a lot more shows

Shane Lee 2
12-12-2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/dec/10/bobby-lashley-signs-strikeforce/

The fight organization Strikeforce has added another fighter to its roster Former World Wrestling Entertainment star and current heavyweight mixed martial artist Bobby Lashley.

Lashley (4-0) signed a multi-year agreement, which will officially start when he makes his Strikeforce debut at BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. on Jan. 30.

Im looking forward to fighting for Strikeforce and challenging myself by taking on some of the top heavyweights in MMA, said Lashley.

Lashley is a former collegiate wrestler at Missouri Valley College and served in the U.S. army. At 6-foot-3 and 250 pounds, hell be one of the larger fighters of the heavyweight division.

He made his professional debut in the sport on Dec. 13, 2008 with a 41-second TKO over Joshua Franklin. He then defeated Jason Guida, brother of UFC fighter Clay Guida, by unanimous decision, followed by back-to-back submissions in the first round of his next two fights.

The news comes just days after Strikeforce announced the signing of former UFC middleweight Dan Henderson.

I am supposed to hang out wit him next week. I'll see if he will give me any more info. I can share.

logrus
12-12-2009, 11:41 PM
I am supposed to hang out wit him next week. I'll see if he will give me any more info. I can share.

Naaa how bout some pics of you guys parting it up lol.

I think strikeforce is doing a good job bringing fighters into the Org. People see Lesner and how Bobby is 4-0 so you know more people will be curious if he can climb to the Lesner level.

Plus now they got Noons, so a bunch of peeps will tune in to watch him get his face smashed in. Good times are a coming. :punch: