PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Renzo Gracie

NateR
12-11-2009, 03:04 AM
From Matt's Blog:

I didn't know if I could say anything about my next fight, but I see that Dana has let the cat out of the bag. So I can tell you what I know, on April 10th I will be fighting Renzo Gracie in Abu Dhabi. I haven't signed any paperwork and I don't think Renzo has either; but I think this fight is going to happen. That's all I know, serious training will start for me at the new year.

Just got back from a new project I have been working on with a couple of my good buddies Frank Silverman and Mike Metzger. In case Mike reads this, I meant to write Mike Metzger and Frank Silverman. It is called Cage Fitness and we have come up with a new workout plan based on some the exercises I do and adapting them to a program that requires no partners and is a total body workout. Check it out, the link to the website is cagefitness.com (http://cagefitness.com/). You can view a promo of the workouts there.

Next week, Robbie will fight Trevor Prangley on the Strikeforce card. It's December 19th in San Jose. For more information this link (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=85995#post85995) might help you out.

Just got back from Texas (I love that place), where I went on a goose and duck hunt with Gary, from Dollamur (http://www.dollamur.com/), and a few other folks and had a great time. First time I've ever shot duck or geese and it was a lot different than anything I've done before. We've got some pictures and I'll post them after I get them.

This weekend is the last gun season in Illinois, so if I find my big deer, I could be done hunting for a little while. Sounds like it might make some of you happy, but I am who I am.

Here is the Bible verse for this week:
The thing you should want most is God's kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all these other things you need will be given to you! (Matthew 6:33)

I hope everybody has a good weekend and I'll get back to you later. -matt

NateR
12-11-2009, 03:22 AM
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/abudhabi.jpg

que
12-11-2009, 03:28 AM
wow, hughes vs gracie in abu dhabi, this is SWEET!

can't wait for this

MattHughesRocks
12-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Well, that's a little bit far so can someone swing by and pick me up?!

WAR MATT HUGHES! :w00t:

Boomer
12-11-2009, 03:51 AM
TO WARRRRRR!!!

Abu Dhabi here i come!!!!!!!!!! :)

Boomer
12-11-2009, 03:58 AM
WAIT I JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO!! THE COUNTRY SAGE SAYS I CAN BECOME A CAGE FIGHTER WITH NO CONTACT, NO PARTNERS AND I WONT GET HURT TRAINING!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Sign me up. my first fight will be in Jan .... :cool: where do i get one of those bags and a dvd

Silverback
12-11-2009, 04:03 AM
Well if anyone can show the Arab's how to war, all I can say is here comes the country boy to show them how it's done, down on the farm. Get im Matt.:punch::punch::punch:

Krupp
12-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Huh...so I guess the UFC's going to the Middle East sometime soon here?

Mac
12-11-2009, 04:20 AM
Uhmmmmmm Matt , i hope you are not talking about this coming weekend as being the last gun season , because that was last weekend . The second season started thursday the 3rd and ran through sunday .

There is still the late january doe season , but its doe only .

so its back to the bow till january , or grab the rifle and start shooting some dogs.

MattHughesRocks
12-11-2009, 04:38 AM
Details Mac...details :talktothehand:

Llamafighter
12-11-2009, 04:38 AM
We'll support you wherever you fight!!

Bonnie
12-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Uhmmmmmm Matt , i hope you are not talking about this coming weekend as being the last gun season , because that was last weekend . The second season started thursday the 3rd and ran through sunday .

so its back to the bow till january , or grab the rifle and start shooting some dogs.

That's what happens when you come to Texas, you fall in love and end up missing the last "gun" season back from whence you came.

And, Mac, please God, not the bow AGAIN!!! :scared0011:

:laugh:

Mac
12-11-2009, 05:37 AM
That's what happens when you come to Texas, you fall in love and end up missing the last "gun" season back from whence you came.

And, Mac, please God, not the bow AGAIN!!! :scared0011:

what . i still got arrows!! :laugh::laugh:

nah im movin onto coyotes.

Bonnie
12-11-2009, 05:42 AM
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/abudhabi.jpg

I never realized exactly where Abu Dhabi was. :blink: Could Dana have picked a more friendly part of the world...:rolleyes:

Bonnie
12-11-2009, 05:49 AM
what . i still got arrows!! :laugh::laugh:

nah im movin onto coyotes.

Time to make "yote" popsicles. :laugh:

SpiritWarrior
12-11-2009, 06:08 AM
I'm really glad to see this fight finally announced. This is a great match-up for Matt, he should dominate the entire fight.

I am disappointed it's not in the US though, after UFC 98 I'm hooked watching Matt fight in person.

3dlee
12-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Usually on oversea ppvs I wonder what time I should tune in, this time im wondering what day. lol

MattHughesRocks
12-11-2009, 07:02 AM
And starts the news...
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10215&zoneid=2

KevinD
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Alright, Now we have something to look forward to in April. I guess Serra and Royce need someone to try and avenge their loses.

War Hughes!!

rearnakedchoke
12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
wow ... dana is mean ... welcome to the ufc renzo .. we are glad for you to be fighting with us ... we want you to fight in april ... oh by the way, we are sending you half-way around the world to get smashed by the hillsboro wrecking ball matt hughes ... good luck ... hope you have good health insurance ...

VCURamFan
12-11-2009, 03:26 PM
:punch::punch::punch:AAAAHHHHHH WAR HUGHES!!!!!:punch::punch::punch:

Time to start saving my pennies & dimes, ladies & gents: I gotta find a way to make it to Abu Dhabi!!!:happydancing:

TENNESSEAN
12-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Abu Dhab auhh! That's a little futher than chacago or st louis right?
Kidding aside abu dhab would be my number 1 pick of places I would like to visit in the world. I'm a developer / contractor and they are the best at both right now. I acutually apllied for a job there a couple of years ago.
Oh yea!!!

WAR HUGHES

atomdanger
12-11-2009, 04:10 PM
WOOT WOOT

and its still so crazy to me people who are anti "hunting".

Everybody who speaks poorly about hunting should get a free day tour through a slaughterhouse.
Then they should have to re state what is humane and what isn't.

talkin_smack1
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM

I think he talking about muzzleloader season.....At least I hope..

Primadawn
12-11-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm going to be a single mom soon! I can't afford to go halfway around the world!!! Besides...my stilettos clash with the burquas! :laugh:

I'll be supporting whole-heartedly from the heartland though!

WAR HUUUUUUUUUUUUGHES!!!

County Mike
12-11-2009, 06:10 PM
That's crazy that it's Abu Dhabi. They have a huge grappling tournament there every year. Will be cool for them to get some real MMA.

War Hughes!

Tyburn
12-11-2009, 07:29 PM
:blink: The UFC are going to host a show in The United Arab Emerties :huh:

Thats just strange. Do they have a fan base at all in the UAE?? or anywhere in the middle east, enough to make it worthwhile??

What pretell are they going to with fans who want a "drink" :huh: thats not allowed in Islamic Countries is it? Strikes me that whilst Abu Dhabi might be a centre for the sport, it works by simply being a place where everyone travels to...it doesnt strike me as being a local hub at all.

...and does UAE have a State Athletic Commission...and...you dont want to know what would happen if any Fighter pissed a positive. :mellow:

Tyburn
12-11-2009, 07:31 PM
oh...and Mr White...may I reccommend your next show be in Morrocco? Perhaps you can get Lee Murray to fight for you whilst on bailed day release or something. :laugh:

J.B.
12-11-2009, 07:33 PM
The Abu Dhabi thing is a bit strange....:ninja:

WAR HUGHES!!!!!

Krupp
12-11-2009, 08:44 PM
If my memory serves me right, there is a Sheik in Abu Dhabi that Renzo used to teach how to do jiu jitsu. That's probably why they want him fighting Hughes there; in the UAE Renzo is probably one of the few known fighters...

CAMPO
12-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow!! All so exciting :) I'll be cheering you on from good ol' FL...unless someone decides to buy me an early bday present... ;) tee hee

Excited to watch you fight again - you rock!!! TEAM HUGHES

And I liked the video on the CageFitness...looks like a nifty tool for a great workout! I just might have to try it.

Happy Friday - hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!! I know I will!!! :wub:

Bonnie
12-11-2009, 09:51 PM
If my memory serves me right, there is a Sheik in Abu Dhabi that Renzo used to teach how to do jiu jitsu. That's probably why they want him fighting Hughes there; in the UAE Renzo is probably one of the few known fighters...

Those sheiks are loaded. They're probably paying Dana and the brothers big bucks to bring the fight there.

I thought Matt's next fight might be closer to home not half way across the world. It looks like a hop, jump and skip from Iran. And don't forget about the pirates!

Nate, you going to Abu Dhabi?

J.B.
12-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I my memory serves me right, Abu Dhabi is the place Garfield always threatened to ship Myrtle to....

hughesfan4life
12-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Well if anyone can show the Arab's how to war, all I can say is here comes the country boy to show them how it's done, down on the farm. Get im Matt.:punch::punch::punch:"waaaaaaarrrrr matt!!!!".anyone going to the fight come do a detour and pick up your wee scottish pal.lol!!!.:punch::punch::punch::punch:

Neezar
12-12-2009, 01:17 AM
That is too far away! :hissyfit:

Silverback
12-12-2009, 01:25 AM

Well the Renzo fans down there better be ready for a rude awakening, they are going to freak when Matt makes him TAPOUT.Take it to him. Bring Mark back a camel for the farm.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

atomdanger
12-12-2009, 02:01 AM
That's crazy that it's Abu Dhabi. They have a huge grappling tournament there every year. Will be cool for them to get some real MMA.

War Hughes!

Actually the ADCC isn't always in AD, strange right?

atomdanger
12-12-2009, 02:04 AM

Still does, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.(started ADCC)
Renzo is his personal BJJ trainer.

BJJ is huge there, ADCC and all.
I wonder if Sheik's will be attending the event?

Llamafighter
12-12-2009, 02:47 AM
WAIT I JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO!! THE COUNTRY SAGE SAYS I CAN BECOME A CAGE FIGHTER WITH NO CONTACT, NO PARTNERS AND I WONT GET HURT TRAINING!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Sign me up. my first fight will be in Jan .... :cool: where do i get one of those bags and a dvd

We'll all be there to root you on, Boomtown!

Shane Lee 2
12-12-2009, 10:46 PM
BLASTED ABHU DAHBI......GEEZ! I'LL NEVER SEE MY BUD FIGHT LIVE. :sad::sad::sad:

Shane Lee 2
12-12-2009, 10:47 PM
SEE I CAN'T EVEN SPELL THAT!!

Crisco
12-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Still does, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.(started ADCC)
Renzo is his personal BJJ trainer.

BJJ is huge there, ADCC and all.
I wonder if Sheik's will be attending the event?

not a chance they would miss it. i wonder if the ring girls will haveto wear burkas.

Tyburn
12-14-2009, 03:17 PM
not a chance they would miss it. i wonder if the ring girls will haveto wear burkas.

I imagine they will have to be covered up...but then again...maybe not, they could be seen as performers, like dancers...then they can still be scantaly clad cant they :laugh:

Belly dancing anyone :huh:

que
12-15-2009, 07:29 PM
that would be funny if they didn't let women work the ring, and they had ring men in speedos

TENNESSEAN
12-15-2009, 10:29 PM
that would be funny if they didn't let women work the ring, and they had ring men in speedos

thats it!!! BOOM TOWN heres your big break you could work for the UFC
dang, i wish i knew photo shop:)

VCURamFan
12-15-2009, 10:46 PM
thats it!!! BOOM TOWN heres your big break you could work for the UFC
dang, i wish i knew photo shop:)

I'm pretty sure that a simple GoogleImages search may make photoshop unnecessary. :blink: :ninja:

TexasRN
12-15-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that a simple GoogleImages search may make photoshop unnecessary. :blink: :ninja:

You mean there may already be pics of BoomTown in a speedo????:w00t:

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-15-2009, 10:49 PM
You mean there may already be pics of BoomTown in a speedo????:w00t:

~Amy

Just a guess. I've never built up the courage to find out. :scared0015:

TENNESSEAN
12-16-2009, 12:50 AM
There is that one pic of him and mac in the cut off shorts.:ninja:

Boomer
12-16-2009, 03:38 AM
:angry: Hey .. .I have nice legs ..... :angry:

:laugh: :laugh:

Yea you all suck ... :mellow:

MattHughesRocks
12-16-2009, 03:55 AM
I love you Boom and I havent made fun of you all day :rolleyes:

:angry: Hey .. .I have nice legs ..... :angry:

:laugh: :laugh:

Yea you all suck ... :mellow:

Boomer
12-16-2009, 04:00 AM
THANK YOU sunshine .... you know how sensitive I am. :D

billwilliams70
12-16-2009, 04:00 AM
So, correct me if I'm wrong.....the UFC is holding this event in Abu Dabi

Later.

TENNESSEAN
12-16-2009, 04:02 AM
I love you Boom and I havent made fun of you all day :rolleyes:

You got the pic don't you.
Suck up

Boomer
12-16-2009, 04:05 AM
So, correct me if I'm wrong.....the UFC is holding this event in Abu Dabi

Later.

thats the talk now bill. nothing solid.

Suck up

i just set them to you too so you can stop txting me now asking for them.

MattHughesRocks
12-16-2009, 04:14 AM
He calls me sunshine...nobody ever calls me sunshine...what am I to do? :rolleyes:

Suck up

TENNESSEAN
12-16-2009, 04:17 AM
i just set them to you too so you can stop txting me now asking for them.

Pleeeaase no I don't want them. Amy does:laugh:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
12-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Ummmm....
I just have to say that I Am NOT Happy :no:about this fight location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thats all I have to say about that!:cry:

Vizion
12-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Dana White is playing on the Anti-Americanism of the middle east to make a killing there.

Renzo...well, he looks Arabic...and Matt, he looks AMERICAN. Maybe they should throw Randy "Captain America" and Rich "Ace" Franklin on the card as well? :laugh:

VCURamFan
12-16-2009, 06:52 PM
He calls me sunshine...nobody ever calls me sunshine...what am I to do? :rolleyes:

I think it's an ironic nickname, like calling Brock Lesnar "Smalls". :laugh:

Llamafighter
12-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Dana White is playing on the Anti-Americanism of the middle east to make a killing there.

Renzo...well, he looks Arabic...and Matt, he looks AMERICAN. Maybe they should throw Randy "Captain America" and Rich "Ace" Franklin on the card as well? :laugh:

The Gracies have really close ties to the Royal family. Matt being a legend was probably part of the deal to have them host it. "we'll host it here but you have to bring a superstar..." sort of thing

That location is a bummer!

TENNESSEAN
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Maybe matt will do one of his challenges for the forum members. The winner gets a paid trip to Abu Dabi and the fight.

billwilliams70
12-16-2009, 09:26 PM
thats the talk now bill. nothing solid.
Very interesting.

Later.

Tyburn
12-16-2009, 09:47 PM

Well I call you Sugarplum :ashamed:

Shoots like a girl
12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Ummmm....
I just have to say that I Am NOT Happy :no:about this fight location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thats all I have to say about that!:cry:

Im with you! Im not crazy about the fight location either!

CAMPO
12-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe matt will do one of his challenges for the forum members. The winner gets a paid trip to Abu Dabi and the fight.

now THAT is a fab idea! :wink: