PDA

View Full Version : Shane's article in TapouT magazine.

County Mike
12-10-2009, 06:19 PM
http://www.thedigitaleditiononline.com/publication/?i=28171&p=

It's on page 42.

Great article.

Llamafighter
12-10-2009, 06:23 PM
AWESOME!!!

TexasRN
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Very cool!!! I am printing it out to hang in my office. Doing high risk OB I see a lot of really great endings to some sad beginnings and this is yet another inspiring story and great cause for me to help spread the word about.

~Amy

Preach
12-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Thats awesome.... I wonder if Shane is related to Bruce Lee

hughesfan4life
12-10-2009, 10:03 PM
:) awesome article shane!

MattHughesRocks
12-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Way to go Shane!

Bonnie
12-11-2009, 01:12 AM
That was a great article on Shane Lee. Thanks for posting that for us, Mike.

A lot of the things he said about what he endured growing up, going to school...it's sad that others cannot see past the physical shell to the person inside. That teacher had an opportunity to help Shane and at the same time nuture humanity, compassion and kindness in her students for a child already battling odds. I'm sure Shane would have been a great friend to any of them if given the chance.

When I was little, I noticed the kids in special ed (that's what it was called then) at school, but I didn't understand what was wrong with them. I just saw that they were different than me and it scared me. I never made fun of them, but I imagine a lot of them faced what Shane did. I'm reminded of something a very special little girl would say:

"Just because I'm different, doesn't mean I'm not the same." - Shiloh Pepin

Here's to all the Shanes and Shilohs of the world. :applause:

Silverback
12-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Shane, very very good, and yes we all would not be where we are in life without help from someone else, people such as you inspire us to be and do more, my son's know what you get when you help someone up, they learned that on the football field, they would knock the guy down on the other side of the line and they would put their hand out and help them up and for that I am very proud. That was a great article.