PDA

View Full Version : Anthony "Rumble" Johnson not ready for GSP yet

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 03:00 AM
http://mmamania.com/2009/02/08/ufc-q...st-pierre-yet/

Im not ready for GSP yet. His level is so much higher than mine. And Im smart enough to realize that. GSP was at my level some point. I want to get to the level that hes at now and it takes time. I just gotta keep improving until I know that if I end up in a certain situations I know that I can feel comfortable."

rockdawg21
02-12-2009, 03:27 AM
This coming from the guy who thinks he can take Hughes? What a jackoff.

que
02-12-2009, 03:46 AM
um, duh?

Spiritwalker
02-12-2009, 04:10 AM
First he can beat Matt.. but not GSP...

He is really over looking a LOT of sea to get to the WW island..

First he has to get past the rocks of Fitch.. then wrestle the Koz currents.. then the weighty waves of Thiago..

Say it with me now!

"Fitch, Koz, Thiago.. Fitch, Koz, Thiago.. Fitch, Koz, Thiago.."

Great Job!

http://i-love-cartoons.com/snags/clipart/dora-clipart/Dora-the-explorer-large.jpg

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 05:25 AM
if you pronounce "Rumble" the Portueguese way, it's "Humble" something he is not....but that's ok.

Crisco
02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
That sounded pretty humble actually... He said he couldn't beat GSP.

The fact that he thinks he can beat Matt is relevant. It would be stupid to say he couldn't.

GroundNPound
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
The guys at 170 are getting huge.

Crisco
02-12-2009, 12:30 PM
The guys at 170 are getting huge.

Agreed at 155 too.

Thiago Alves made a good point when he said guys are training better then ever. So they are bigger and stronger.

GroundNPound
02-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Agreed at 155 too.

Thiago Alves made a good point when he said guys are training better then ever. So they are bigger and stronger.

It still amazes me how some of these guys like Rumble are so tall and ripped but can make the weight. Hughes might want to think about 155.

Crisco
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
It still amazes me how some of these guys like Rumble are so tall and ripped but can make the weight. Hughes might want to think about 155.

I don't think it will much matter after the Serra fight Honestly.

Serra should consider 155 if he wants to keep fighting at a top level. The dude has talent but can't hang with the size difference at 170.

Assuming Hughes doesn't hurt him too bad.

rearnakedchoke
02-12-2009, 01:13 PM
He should take HGH and slather on some vaseline .. then he can get to GSP's level ..

Ha, beat Preach to it ... LOL

GroundNPound
02-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't think it will much matter after the Serra fight Honestly.

Serra should consider 155 if he wants to keep fighting at a top level. The dude has talent but can't hang with the size difference at 170.

Assuming Hughes doesn't hurt him too bad.

Yeah, Matt is probably going to retire.

What happened to the Mark come back rumor??

rearnakedchoke
02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Agreed at 155 too.

In an interview with Thiago, don't know it it were posted on here, but he plans on being the biggest he has been ever for his fight with GSP ... he says he is gonna be fighting somewhere at around 200 lbs for that fight as he thinks he sees it as an advantage ...

Crisco
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
You guys want an HGH subject. Thiago all the way.

I'm calling it right now Thiago won't make 170 for this fight.

Straight Right
02-12-2009, 02:08 PM
In an interview with Thiago, don't know it it were posted on here, but he plans on being the biggest he has been ever for his fight with GSP ... he says he is gonna be fighting somewhere at around 200 lbs for that fight as he thinks he sees it as an advantage ...

And he's going to somehow manage to cut to 170 without diaretics this time? Good luck with that. He does know he doesn't win the title if he doesn't make weight, doesn't he? :Whistle:

As for Rumble, its good to know your limits, reminds me a little of how Nate Quarry was so hyped and then ran into Rich.

ufcfan2
02-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm not totally sold on AJ yet,but I will admit he's got tons of potential. I think he will be a beast to deal with at 170 with his height/reach and his potential.
Thiago is right most fighters are getting bigger stronger,and taking better care of themselves. Guys like Hughes/Serra will be hard pressed to be competitive with guys like these.
If Hughes/Serra continue on I agree maybe a drop to 155 would be best for long term..Heck Hughes drops down beats a few guys beats BJ, Hughes would of held two titles in 2 different divisions.:w00t: Sadly though,Im sure hes gonna retire though he did say Karo owes him a fight...

Spiritwalker
02-12-2009, 03:11 PM
And he's going to somehow manage to cut to 170 without diaretics this time? Good luck with that. He does know he doesn't win the title if he doesn't make weight, doesn't he? :Whistle:

As for Rumble, its good to know your limits, reminds me a little of how Nate Quarry was so hyped and then ran into Rich.

You mean like this...

http://spiritwalker.homelinux.com/spiritwalker/generalpictures/franklin_quarry.gif

Anthony shouldn't be trying to make his bones on others at this point. H e knows he is not in their GSP/HUGHES class.. it's just a ploy to get people talking about him.

Spiritwalker
02-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Right behind you..

and if he doesn't.. GSP should walk.. or at the very least have an "instant rematch" clause..

I love our guy Matt, but I think that he should have walked form the Thaigo fight. Granted I don't know the "behind the scenes" stuff.. and Matt is a warrior born.. He don't walk.

Crisco
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
You mean like this...

http://spiritwalker.homelinux.com/spiritwalker/generalpictures/franklin_quarry.gif

Anthony shouldn't be trying to make his bones on others at this point. H e knows he is not in their GSP/HUGHES class.. it's just a ploy to get people talking about him.

stylistically He would give both guys a run for their money. He is no joke. But I pick Matt by decision.

Champ2be
02-12-2009, 07:14 PM
If Alves doesnt make weight and GSP does walk, the everyone would say that he's scared, but if he fights then everyone will say that he should have walked. It's a lose lose situation for GSP with people on this site.

Champ2be
02-12-2009, 07:15 PM
stylistically He would give both guys a run for their money. He is no joke. But I pick Matt by decision.

Of course you would,lol. :laugh: Dont see that fight going to a decision though.

Neezar
02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
If Alves doesnt make weight and GSP does walk, the everyone would say that he's scared, but if he fights then everyone will say that he should have walked. It's a lose lose situation for GSP with people on this site.

And that is all that matters. :laugh:

Crisco
02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Of course you would,lol. :laugh: Dont see that fight going to a decision though.

No one said GSP should walk.

And yes of course I would I'm a Matt Hughes fan. Aren't you?

maxumII
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
You guys want an HGH subject. Thiago all the way.

Here we go again. It takes HGH to beat Matt? That's 2 guys now accused of using HGH that have beaten Matt. Let me guess, Chris Lytle took a small amount of HGH because he wasn't finished and went the distance?

Champ2be
02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Sure I am a Matt Huges fan, but do I think he can win every fight? No. To me AJ is just a bigger version of gsp with the same take down defense so I honestly think that Matt would have a hard time with him. It's just my opinion, and I'm not bashing Matt or anything, just my personal opinion. No matter how big of Matt Hughes fan you are, people have to realize that AJ is a dangerous opponent for anyone... Including Matt. He is very fast, big, and hits like a frieght train. Am I an AJ fan? No, but I can respect his skills.

Champ2be
02-12-2009, 07:59 PM
And that is all that matters. :laugh:

Guess so :wink:

Champ2be
02-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Right behind you..

and if he doesn't.. GSP should walk.. or at the very least have an "instant rematch" clause..

No one said that GSP should walk

Really?

Jeff Crow
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Matt won't ever drop to 155. That is too much weight for him to cut and be healthy to fight. He probably could have done it years ago, but it would be too hard on his body now.

AJ is a going to be a tough opponent for anyone. I think it's going to take a loss against a top fighter for him to get to that next level though.

GroundNPound
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Matt won't ever drop to 155. That is too much weight for him to cut and be healthy to fight. He probably could have done it years ago, but it would be too hard on his body now.

AJ is a going to be a tough opponent for anyone. I think it's going to take a loss against a top fighter for him to get to that next level though.

Yeah, it seems like Matt is kind of caught in between weight classes now. He's no longer the biggest and strongest guy. I can't wait for him to send Serra to 155 though.

hizo64
02-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah, it seems like Matt is kind of caught in between weight classes now. He's no longer the biggest and strongest guy. I can't wait for him to send Serra to 155 though.

What does Sherk weigh in the offseason?

Crisco
02-12-2009, 09:34 PM
What does Sherk weigh in the offseason?

Sherk trains and lives a lot different then Matt. He is also shorter.

Tyburn
02-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Well I dont care much for Johnson, but I will admit he is fun to watch fighting. Alves may or may not make weight, who knows...I think he has a good chance at beating GSP...but...that depends on if GSP cheats again...uhhh...did I say that out loud...sorry :unsure-1:

:laugh:

Nevermind Lightweight, when Hughes has finished with Serra is is Serra who might need to retire :scared0015: :punch:

maxumII
02-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Well I dont care much for Johnson, but I will admit he is fun to watch fighting. Alves may or may not make weight, who knows...I think he has a good chance at beating GSP...but...that depends on if GSP cheats again...uhhh...did I say that out loud...sorry :unsure-1:

:laugh:

Nevermind Lightweight, when Hughes has finished with Serra is is Serra who might need to retire :scared0015: :punch:

What don't you like about AJ? He has seemed pretty respectful unless I'm forgetting something???

Spiritwalker
02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
What don't you like about AJ? He has seemed pretty respectful unless I'm forgetting something???

his fight previous to this last one.. I hated his attitude..

maxumII
02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
his fight previous to this last one.. I hated his attitude..

I guess I'm forgetting something then. Showboating?

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 10:57 PM

i talked to Nate about that and he said the UFC made him talk trash to hype it.

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 10:58 PM
That sounded pretty humble actually... He said he couldn't beat GSP.

The fact that he thinks he can beat Matt is relevant. It would be stupid to say he couldn't.

watch more of his post fights.

Tyburn
02-12-2009, 11:05 PM
its not that I dont like him...its that I have no strong feelings either way. I do however think he's quite fun to watch :)

hizo64
02-12-2009, 11:07 PM
I think he has a lot of potential, but I dont think he will ever be at GSP's level.

hizo64
02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Sherk trains and lives a lot different then Matt. He is also shorter.

Honest to God truth, do you think he juiced?

lc87
02-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't like him because he was calling out hughes and talked a bunch of crap that was posted on here a while back.

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 11:59 PM
I don't like him because he was calling out hughes and talked a bunch of crap that was posted on here a while back.

pretty much.