PDA

View Full Version : he still looks great in pictures...an stuff

Vizion
12-09-2009, 01:33 PM
But his approval rating continues to spiral downward. Liberals must be beside themselves with fear that their messiah is slipping drastically in the polls :happydancing:

Overall, 47% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-two percent (52%) disapprove.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Maybe some folk's are starting to wake up!

NateR
12-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I remember hearing last night that President Obama now has the lowest approval rating of any American President on record, after only 11 months in office. :laugh:

Llamafighter
12-09-2009, 03:17 PM
But his approval rating continues to spiral downward. Liberals must be beside themselves with fear that their messiah is slipping drastically in the polls :happydancing:

Overall, 47% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-two percent (52%) disapprove.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

HOORAY! Our president is in trouble! high five!:w00t:
:rolleyes:

Crisco
12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't believe any poll's.

EVER.

and there is no way Obama's approval is lower then Bush's dude had like a 20% rating.

NateR
12-09-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't believe any poll's.

EVER.

and there is no way Obama's approval is lower then Bush's dude had like a 20% rating.

The key here is at this point in his Presidency. After only 11 months in office, Bush Jr.'s approval rating was around 86%.

matthughesfan21
12-09-2009, 04:14 PM
The key here is at this point in his Presidency. After only 11 months in office, Bush Jr.'s approval rating was around 86%.
he came into a better situation, sure 9/11 was bad, but the economy and country were running well when he took office, in order to get a high approval rating all you have to do is not screw everything up....In Obama's situation, you have to turn everything around overnight to get a high approval rating...I'm not taking Obama's side, don't like either one of them at all tbh, but just pointing out how its different for the two of them

NateR
12-09-2009, 04:28 PM
he came into a better situation, sure 9/11 was bad, but the economy and country were running well when he took office, in order to get a high approval rating all you have to do is not screw everything up....In Obama's situation, you have to turn everything around overnight to get a high approval rating...I'm not taking Obama's side, don't like either one of them at all tbh, but just pointing out how its different for the two of them

Actually, Bush's approval rating skyrocketed almost 40 points after 9/11 and I believe that he still holds the record for the highest Presidential approval rating since they've been recording approval ratings. So, to be fair, much of his 86% approval from December 2001 was likely just falloff from his over 90% approval from September 2001.

Here's a really confusing chart, but it gives you the overall trend of Bush's job approval:
http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm

matthughesfan21
12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Actually, Bush's approval rating skyrocketed almost 40 points after 9/11 and I believe that he still holds the record for the highest Presidential approval rating since they've been recording approval ratings. So, to be fair, much of his 86% approval from December 2001 was likely just falloff from his over 90% approval from September 2001.

Here's a really confusing chart, but it gives you the overall trend of Bush's job approval:
http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm
he handled 911 really well, at that time we needed someone to step up and speak of uniting together, and he did that...if he had just stuck with that in his presidency he wouldn't be so hated, his last 5 or so years of his presidency is when he fell so drastically

adamt
12-09-2009, 04:36 PM

i don't think so.....

would you rather take over coaching the detroit lions or the indy colts.

I don't think i could do much worse with the lions, in fact if i won less than half the games i should still get a pretty good approval rating,

but according to your logic, all i would have to do with the colts would set it on cruise and i would keep winning....

i'm pretty sure no one would care if i turned the lions around overnight, obama had a chance to be a hero and he has done the impossible... he made it worse!!!!!

NateR
12-09-2009, 04:36 PM
he handled 911 really well, at that time we needed someone to step up and speak of uniting together, and he did that...if he had just stuck with that in his presidency he wouldn't be so hated, his last 5 or so years of his presidency is when he fell so drastically

Well, I don't believe that George W. Bush really had anything to do with all the George W. Bush hatred that seemed to possess this country during the last few years of his Presidency.

I want to say that that was all Left-Wing propaganda and manipulating of the American people, but I believe there was a lot more to it than that behind the scenes.

matthughesfan21
12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
i don't think so.....

I don't think i could do much worse with the lions, in fact if i won less than half the games i should still get a pretty good approval rating,

but according to your logic, all i would have to do with the colts would set it on cruise and i would keep winning....

i'm pretty sure no one would care if i turned the lions around overnight, obama had a chance to be a hero and he has done the impossible... he made it worse!!!!! football coaching and president is totally different....I'm not saying i approve of the job he has done, but its not something that can be turned around overnight, he has spent a lot of money that I don't agree with, but its still early to tell how its all going to work out down the road, the stock market is up a little higher, but the economy is still declining for the american people.

matthughesfan21
12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, I don't believe that George W. Bush really had anything to do with all the George W. Bush hatred that seemed to possess this country during the last few years of his Presidency.

I want to say that that was all Left-Wing propaganda and manipulating of the American people, but I believe there was a lot more to it than that behind the scenes.
I'll be honest I don't like him, but I don't watch any news channels, so I don't know how the left-wing propaganda got to me...I think alot of the dislike has to do with his public speaking, he's not an idiot, but he isnt' the best public speaker and he gives off that impression at times.....I already know your answer to this, but I'm gonna ask anyway, do you think right-wing propaganda has effected the level of enormous hate for Obama?

Vizion
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I'll be honest I don't like him, but I don't watch any news channels, so I don't know how the left-wing propaganda got to me...I think alot of the dislike has to do with his public speaking, he's not an idiot, but he isnt' the best public speaker and he gives off that impression at times.....I already know your answer to this, but I'm gonna ask anyway, do you think right-wing propaganda has effected the level of enormous hate for Obama? So did his public speaking turn you off to him?

NateR
12-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I'll be honest I don't like him, but I don't watch any news channels, so I don't know how the left-wing propaganda got to me...

Didn't I just say that there was much more to it than the media coverage?

I think alot of the dislike has to do with his public speaking, he's not an idiot, but he isnt' the best public speaker and he gives off that impression at times.....

I think that is a great example of closed-mindedness and bigotry on the part of Liberals. Any conservative with a southern accent is automatically considered to be stupid. The fact that Bush is from Texas didn't help elitist Liberals like him either.

I already know your answer to this, but I'm gonna ask anyway, do you think right-wing propaganda has effected the level of enormous hate for Obama?

No, I think ignoring the will of the American people and steering this country down a left-wing road is what is hurting him. Obama is our employee, it's not our job to support him, it's his job to listen to and support us.

Llamafighter
12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
For the clicking impaired:)

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval_files/Approval_27267_image001.png

NateR
12-09-2009, 05:31 PM
For the clicking impaired:)

You just wanted to make sure everyone saw the downward spiral. :tongue0011:

Llamafighter
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
You just wanted to make sure everyone saw the downward spiral. :tongue0011:

Which is why you only posted the link, huh?;)
:laugh:
what can I say, I'm a visual person:wink:

For the record I didn't hate Bush, and I'm not an Obama worshipper, either. I'm one of the often heard of but rarely scene: Consibrel :mellow:

Crisco
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Your all just racist if you don't like B-HO.

matthughesfan21
12-09-2009, 05:44 PM
So did his public speaking turn you off to him?

not at all really, I think it was a mixture of a few things that weren't necessarily all his fault, but that imo he could have handled better...I don't hate him like some, just impartial really

Llamafighter
12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Your all just racist if you don't like B-HO.

you're a b-hole!

:happydancing:

matthughesfan21
12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I think that is a great example of closed-mindedness and bigotry on the part of Liberals. Any conservative with a southern accent is automatically considered to be stupid. The fact that Bush is from Texas didn't help elitist Liberals like him either.

I agree in a sense, but i don't think it has much to do with his accent and more with the mispronunciation of words and that kind of smirk he had when he was thinking of what to say...He just didn't have a powerful speaking voice, and that weighs heavily in fickle people

No, I think ignoring the will of the American people and steering this country down a left-wing road is what is hurting him. Obama is our employee, it's not our job to support him, it's his job to listen to and support us.

Agreed again, but I just brought it up because I see you often complain about the left-wing propaganda, and I was just mentioning that right-wing propaganda is out there pretty heavy as wellbolded is reply

adamt
12-09-2009, 08:03 PM
, but I don't watch any news channels, so I don't know how the left-wing propaganda got to me...

if you don't watch any news, how do you stay informed enough to have credible comments?

logrus
12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
i don't think so.....

i'm pretty sure no one would care if i turned the lions around overnight, obama had a chance to be a hero and he has done the impossible... he made it worse!!!!!

Well the Colts have a new head coach this season and they are 12-0. So if they go undefeated and win the Super Bowl his rating would be better then Dungy and is 4 to 1 win to loss ratio and his 1 SB win.

Besides the Lions lost every game last year and this year at least won 2 so far. So do you think they have a high approval rating, or do you think they would be hated and blamed for not having a 8-4 record?

Llamafighter
12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Well the Colts have a new head coach this season and they are 12-0. So if they go undefeated and win the Super Bowl his rating would be better then Dungy and is 4 to 1 win to loss ratio and his 1 SB win.

Besides the Lions lost every game last year and this year at least won 2 so far. So do you think they have a high approval rating, or do you think they would be hated and blamed for not having a 8-4 record?

Who are you kidding. Peyton coaches that team from the field.

matthughesfan21
12-09-2009, 11:06 PM
if you don't watch any news, how do you stay informed enough to have credible comments?internet, i don't watch cnn, fox, msnbc, etc.

NateR
12-10-2009, 01:33 AM
internet, i don't watch cnn, fox, msnbc, etc.

Oh, yeah, the internet is a really non-biased, verifiable, and fair source for information.:rolleyes: Exactly which internet sites are you getting your information from?

logrus
12-10-2009, 02:10 AM
Oh, yeah, the internet is a really non-biased, verifiable, and fair source for information.:rolleyes: Exactly which internet sites are you getting your information from?

The Matt Hughes Forums Political section... :Whistle:

NateR
12-10-2009, 02:20 AM
The Matt Hughes Forums Political section... :Whistle:

We never claimed that this was a non-biased news site. In fact, the only real news that we provide is about Matt's UFC career and even that is biased, since we always want Matt to win his fights.

que
12-10-2009, 02:32 AM
well i loved it when bush's numbers dropped, and i'm lovin it when obama's numbers dropped. so is everyone else. what can i say, we Americans are a nation that just LOVES to watch our nation fall. :Whistle:

downward, poll numbers! DOWNWARDS I SAY! HOORAYYY! :happydancing:

matthughesfan21
12-10-2009, 02:41 AM

not any in particular, if its big news you can find it anywhere...If you know of a non-biased news site, channel, etc. anywhere I'd be curious to find it because i think its impossible in this day and age

J.B.
12-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Who are you kidding. Peyton coaches that team from the field.

The same could be said about the Federal Reserve in the case of who is really running things here in America.

Buzzard
12-10-2009, 02:59 AM
if you don't watch any news, how do you stay informed enough to have credible comments?

NateR once said that there were these things called books and that you can find them in places called libraries. I think you may be able to find newspapers and magazines in there too, but we'll have to wait for NateR to tell us if it is true or not.

NateR
12-10-2009, 03:02 AM
NateR once said that there were these things called books and that you can find them in places called libraries. I think you may be able to find newspapers and magazines in there too, but we'll have to wait for NateR to tell us if it is true or not.

It's true, but this is the internet, so you can never really know if I'm reliable.:tongue0011:

flo
12-10-2009, 03:17 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shoots like a girl
12-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Would just like to say for the record that Hitler was an excellent speaker too. But NO ONE liked his change! Ok............theres my 2 cents!:tongue0011:

Crisco
12-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Would just like to say for the record that Hitler was an excellent speaker too. But NO ONE liked his change! Ok............theres my 2 cents!:tongue0011:

Plenty of people liked his change that's how he was able to nearly whipe out an entire race.

Plenty of people like Obama's changes too He could whipe out the American way of life.

Mark
12-18-2009, 09:23 PM

He told me not to believe anything on the internet....so I dont believe you on the libraries. Or nate if he tells me over the internet.

Mac
12-18-2009, 10:47 PM
well , For those that think he is the mesiah , this photo right here shows he is still human . Cmon man your not even being sly about it . Maybe he just thinks she has a nice................. dress, ya thats it .

Is it just me or does he resemble the knock kneed lanky geek that got picked on all the time in school ?

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obama-checking-out-girl.jpg

Miss Foxy
12-18-2009, 11:05 PM
I pray for him, because he is the leader of our beautiful country, however I don't like him as a person.. I know I sound like a total hypocrite...:laugh:

atomdanger
12-19-2009, 12:38 AM
These "polls" are a joke,
but Obama needs to get it together.

I hate being a half and half (talking about my half democrat half republican beleifs)
because nobody makes me happy

Neezar
12-19-2009, 02:59 AM
well , For those that think he is the mesiah , this photo right here shows he is still human . Cmon man your not even being sly about it . Maybe he just thinks she has a nice................. dress, ya thats it .

Is it just me or does he resemble the knock kneed lanky geek that got picked on all the time in school ?

:laugh: I haven't ever heard that before.

Buzzard
12-20-2009, 02:01 AM

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obama-checking-out-girl.jpg

Check your facts on that picture.

Mac
12-20-2009, 02:48 AM
Check your facts on that picture.

Dont need to know facts . I know what a man looks like when he is checking out a girls ass lol. Ive done it a few times myself.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mark
12-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Dont need to know facts . I know what a man looks like when he is checking out a girls ass lol. Ive done it a few times myself.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yea once was my wife.

Mac
12-20-2009, 04:07 AM
Yea once was my wife.

That was all your fault . Your the one that hollered "Come on upstairs" a little to early :laugh:

I remember Nate giving his signature " Oh Geez" as we turned to go back to the kitchen. HA HA HA