PDA

View Full Version : Chuck and Tito next TUF coaches.....

Chuck
12-06-2009, 03:40 AM
I'm bored already.... :sad:

I really wish Chuck would walk away... before he has to be carried away...

Max
12-06-2009, 03:40 AM
Tito by KO

logrus
12-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Both did very well as coaches on their respected seasons. Not to mention both are not fans of each other so it might make an interesting season.

billwilliams70
12-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Both did very well as coaches on their respected seasons. Not to mention both are not fans of each other so it might make an interesting season.
Interesting season? Yes. Interesting fight? No. I think that Tito will get his revenge on Liddell and win by KO.

Later.

Llamafighter
12-06-2009, 05:10 AM
You all are crazy. Chuck will KO Tito 10 out of 10 times and Tito will have an excuse.

cubsfan47
12-06-2009, 11:53 AM
You all are crazy. Chuck will KO Tito 10 out of 10 times and Tito will have an excuse.

+1

Spiritwalker
12-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

+1

+2

Spiritwalker
12-06-2009, 12:15 PM
On one hand I could care less about seeing Tito beat up again by Chuck... but I do want to see Chuck fight again...

I would have loved to have seen Chuck/Forrest... but have wins over Tito...

I wonder what injury Tito will have after he get's up off the mat this time???:unsure:

MattHughesRocks
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
My thoughts exactly.
And as long as Tito doesnt get to dramatic ( my head is broke that's why I lost :hissyfit:) then he isn't so dreadful to watch. I know I'll like it better then watching Rampage and Rashad anyway.

TexasRN
12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
I think they'll both be good coaches for the guys on the show. After watching Rampage's coaching I'd much prefer hands-on trainers who will work with their guys and require them to train hard for their fights. It should be interesting. The coach fight however won't entice me to buy a PPV.

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-06-2009, 04:26 PM
I think they'll both be good coaches for the guys on the show. After watching Rampage's coaching I'd much prefer hands-on trainers who will work with their guys and require them to train hard for their fights. It should be interesting. The coach fight however won't entice me to buy a PPV.

~Amy

Yeah, it'll be great to see actual coaching instead of guys bringing their coached so they can get to the PPV fight in 6 months. :rolleyes:

County Mike
12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm looking forward to next season. Two good coaches who actually care about making their fighters better. If they go back to the challenges to determine which team gets to pick the fight I'll be thrilled. Some of those challenges were the best parts of the early seasons.

TexasRN
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm looking forward to next season. Two good coaches who actually care about making their fighters better. If they go back to the challenges to determine which team gets to pick the fight I'll be thrilled. Some of those challenges were the best parts of the early seasons.

I really liked the challenges too.

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I really liked the challenges too.

~Amy

Yeah, I'll jump on this bandwagon. :laugh:

It breaks up the monotony & makes the individual episodes more memorable.

atomdanger
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Eh.

They will get ratings, I guess.
But is it interesting? No.

Maybe Tito's cracked skull can heal?

VCURamFan
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Eh.

I think this'll generate big numbers. Chuck's a huge fan favorite. Everyone loves to hate Tito. Tito knows how to draw attention & generate ratings. This season is MWs, meaning the happy median of size on the zippy-LWs-to-powerhouse-HWs scale, offering as many possible KOs as all-out wars without nearly the risk of hyperventilation!

Neezar
12-07-2009, 03:18 AM
:w00t: And just think, we will be getting some of those Dancing With The Stars fans! :happydancing:

:laugh:

Bonnie
12-07-2009, 03:40 AM
:w00t: And just think, we will be getting some of those Dancing With The Stars fans! :happydancing:

Ahhhhh, that Dana is so business savvy; he never passes up a good opportunity....

VCURamFan
12-07-2009, 03:42 AM

Just so long as we can have Joanna Krupa as a ring girl, I'm good!

flo
12-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Heh, I was getting worried there until I read your comment!

Word.

We will have to revisit this thread after the fight to gloat. In a nice way, of course. :happydancing:

flo
12-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Is there room on the challenges bandwagon for one more person?

flo
12-07-2009, 04:30 AM

:ashamed:

cubsfan47
12-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Eh.

Does a cracked skull matter if nothing is inside? :tongue0011:

Llamafighter
12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Heh, I was getting worried there until I read your comment!

Word.

We will have to revisit this thread after the fight to gloat. In a nice way, of course. :happydancing:

Definitely:laugh::laugh:

You know Chuck will have the best guests too!
I wonder if he'll party at the house this time around.:unsure-1:

Crisco
12-07-2009, 03:15 PM
If not excited to watch chuck and tito throw down again you have issues.

WTF is your problem?

bj44
12-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Tito by KO

tito couldnt ko an 8th grader on the feet and hes not taking chuck down

Max
12-07-2009, 04:45 PM
tito couldnt ko an 8th grader on the feet and hes not taking chuck down

And I think at this point in time a hard punch from an 8th grader would KO Chuck.

rearnakedchoke
12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
as long as they aren't tying up the belts, i really don't care who they put as coaches ...

que
12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
dana hit a new low point. now we get to see an aging man who never grew up (tito) talk crap all season long to a man who has been KO'd so many times he can barely form coherent sentences (chuck) who is basically retarded now. i feel like i've already seen it 20 times already. this is very sad and depressing. instead of trying to cash in on past laurels dana should get brand NEW coaches... and people who actually are top ranked fighters right now.

flo
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
:yikes:

:irked:

:fryingpan:

rockdawg21
12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Shouldn't the UFC just create a league for it's senior citizens kinda like the PGA tour does?

Randy can still fight in the young guys' division though :laugh:

bj44
12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
And I think at this point in time a hard punch from an 8th grader would KO Chuck.

why u think that..... shogun hit him with like 6 hard overhand rights that didnt hurt him..... Tito has zero ko power

Crisco
12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
dana hit a new low point. now we get to see an aging man who never grew up (tito) talk crap all season long to a man who has been KO'd so many times he can barely form coherent sentences (chuck) who is basically retarded now. i feel like i've already seen it 20 times already. this is very sad and depressing. instead of trying to cash in on past laurels dana should get brand NEW coaches... and people who actually are top ranked fighters right now.

Issues.

It's better this way. Two fighters people love or hate and tying them up doesn't effect the belt.

CAMPO
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM

I concur!

Silverback
12-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Next season should be great, Rampage was just a punk, needed a good spanking. So can't wait.:punch::punch::punch::tongue0011::tongue0011: :tongue0011:I know it's not nice to stick you tongue out, ( I have heard that before).

Primadawn
12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Next season should be great, Rampage was just a punk, needed a good spanking. So can't wait.:punch::punch::punch::tongue0011::tongue0011: :tongue0011:I know it's not nice to stick you tongue out, ( I have heard that before).

That's not always true. Just sayin...:ashamed::laugh:

Spiritwalker
12-08-2009, 01:47 AM
If not excited to watch chuck and tito throw down again you have issues.

WTF is your problem?

I don't like Tito.. and Chuck beat him soundly twice.. I would rather see Chuck fight many others that Tito....

Spiritwalker
12-08-2009, 01:56 AM

Well.. TUF is about ratings... Chuck and Tito sell....

And I saw an interview with Chuck a few weeks ago. "hardly a "retard".. and that's really freaking a piss poor thing to say about one of the fighters that helped to make the sport what it is.

Seeing that Chuck and Tito haven't been on TUF together..and that they have only fought TWICE.. maybe your the "retard"..

Talking trash about Chuck is just as bad as talking trash about Matt..in my book.

Spiritwalker
12-08-2009, 01:57 AM

THAT'S my girl!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

CAMPO
12-08-2009, 12:06 PM
:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:I know it's not nice to stick you tongue out, ( I have heard that before).

hmmm wonder where!? :rolleyes:

CAMPO
12-08-2009, 12:08 PM

LOL!!! :laugh::cool::Whistle:

Llamafighter
12-08-2009, 12:21 PM

So many times?!
That's ridiculous. that's a HOFer, you should be more respectful.
1. Jardine has been brutally KOed more in the last 4 years than Chuck has. You think he should retire?
2. If Coleman is still allowed to get in the cage, then I see no reason why one of the most dominant champions in the sports history, can't

3. Why pull two top ranked guys out of contention for 6 months for the show?

I'll call Spike and let them know their going to be short by your viewership and see if they still want to do it.

Liddellfan
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM

How can you be a true fan of MMA and say something like that? It's not only disrespectful to the fighter but MMA in general, it's actually pathetic to say something like that about a fighter who helped this sport get where it is today.
Let's see, how many times has Chuck REALLY been KO'd???....
Rampage :(not bad at all. more like TKO)
Rashad : KO (brutal, first time Liddell was ever knocked out cold)
Shogun: (knocked him down and they stopped the fight). What's the problem that you think he can no longer fight or talk?
There are a number of fighters that have been brutally KO'd more times that Chuck, the only brutal one was Rashad's KO. So do you believe that once a fighter is KO'd they should no longer fight?
If you are not interested then don't watch it, nobody will force you to do so.

Jason 16
12-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Rampage :(not bad at all. more like TKO)

:laugh: he was out before he hit the ground its only a tko because he was getting punched while he was allready out. but in all the fights you named he dint land a single clean punch. sorry I got to go with que

Neezar
12-08-2009, 11:40 PM
:laugh: he was out before he hit the ground its only a tko because he was getting punched while he was allready out. but in all the fights you named he dint land a single clean punch. sorry I got to go with que

:dunce:

Return to MMA 101. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. lol

Llamafighter
12-09-2009, 12:51 AM

What are you talking about?!
Go rewatch those fights and then send yourself to bed early without any supper.
Pure nonsense :rolleyes:

Jason 16
12-09-2009, 02:04 AM
What are you talking about?!
Go rewatch those fights and then send yourself to bed early without any supper.
Pure nonsense :rolleyes:

well the rampage fight chuck landed one leg kick and one glanceing upper cut
the shogun fight all he got was 4 clean shots and one take down every thing else was blocked. I dont have time right now to go watch the rashad fight but dude chuck dint land crap on any of them. in his last 5 fights in only the wandy and jardine fights he atuly won a round.

go see for your self at least in the rampage and shogun fight he landed less then 5 clean punches

I just realy dont see what a washed up coke head like him could realy do to help new up comeing fighters. they just need to pick any of the top ten guys at LHW and they would all have more to give

I have a feeling that this season will end up like the last season that Tito was on(Ken shamrock)

Buc Nasty
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
the shogun fight all he got was 4 clean shots and one take down every thing else was blocked. I dont have time right now to go watch the rashad fight but dude chuck dint land crap on any of them. in his last 5 fights in only the wandy and jardine fights he atuly won a round.

go see for your self at least in the rampage and shogun fight he landed less then 5 clean punches

I just realy dont see what a washed up coke head like him could realy do to help new up comeing fighters. they just need to pick any of the top ten guys at LHW and they would all have more to give

I have a feeling that this season will end up like the last season that Tito was on(Ken shamrock)

You're not doing yourself any favours with a$$hole comments like that.

Buc Nasty
12-09-2009, 01:03 PM

That goes for you too.

Jason 16
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
That goes for you too.

but its true

Spiritwalker
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM

Well Chuck didn't land a clean punch.. cause he lost the fight.. Chuck lands.. you go night-night.. simple... so obviously he didn't land like he wanted to...

But he was fighting...

Chuck has always had that whole in his game.. his opponets have just been able to capitalize on it lately..

Llamafighter
12-09-2009, 01:18 PM

:rolleyes:This is why children shouldn't be on the internet unsupervied.
Don't forget that Chuck is a good friend of Matt's. show some respect for a Hall of Famer.
BTW Chuck won the first round of the Rashad fight D-bag
Besides the decision loss to Jardine he's been beaten by top 5 guys.
Do some homework
http://www.compustrike.com/stats_files/ufc_88/Evans-Liddell.HTM

Spiritwalker
12-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Coke head???? huh???? Are you getting Chuck and the Diaz punks confused???

VCURamFan
12-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Coke head???? huh???? Are you getting Chuck and the Diaz punks confused???

False. The Diaz bros smoke pot. You were think of Melvin Guillard! :laugh:

Spiritwalker
12-09-2009, 01:53 PM
False. The Diaz bros smoke pot. You were think of Melvin Guillard! :laugh:

Point Taken... But I was referring to just general drug use..

Buc Nasty
12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
but its true

For f***s sake shut up you tool.

Jason 16
12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
http://www.bloodyknux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27224

***AFTER MUCH DISCUSSION OF VERNON'S QUOTE ABOUT CHUCK GOING TO REHAB, I CALLED HIM FOR CLARIFICATION.

BK- When you mentioned that Chuck shouldn't have taken the fight with Rampage so soon after getting out of rehab did you mean for an injury or an addiction?

VW- I'd heard he'd been in drug rehab for an addiction, and got back in the cage too soon. He shouldn't of taken a fight with Jackson so lightly.

BK- Is this first hand knowledge, or a rumor?

VW- I heard it from a close friend, so maybe I shouldn't have commented on it. After seeing him nod off on that talk show it seems very reliable. His publicist should be shot for letting him in public in that condition.

BK- Thanks for clarifying for us.

VW- No problem.

http://www.casapalmera.com/blog/chuck-liddell-reportedly-just-got-out-of-drug-rehab/

Chuck Liddell reportedly just got out of drug rehab
Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell, former UFC light heavyweight champion, was recenly in rehab for a drug addiction. This is according to former opponent Vernon “Tiger” White.

White says: “I can’t badmouth Chuck. He just came off a hard loss. Chuck just got out of rehab, but I do have to say it was stupid for him to come out of rehab and fight Quinton the way he fought him. He should have fought a smarter fight. Quinton’s my boy; I love you, and hold that belt forever.”

Maybe White is still bitter about losing to Liddell back at UFC 49. White still accuses Chuck of taking a cheap shot to his eye.

Llamafighter
12-09-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.bloodyknux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27224

http://www.casapalmera.com/blog/chuck-liddell-reportedly-just-got-out-of-drug-rehab/

:w00t:YEEEAAAAAHH! Vernon White is a great source for all your information :laugh::laugh::laugh:
that's pathetic..:happydancing:

Liddellfan
12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Pretty sure if any of that "addiction" crap and rehab were true, it would have been posted all over the place with reliable sources......I guess if you don't like someone as a fighter you should try to smear their image and call them names? Seems like that's the thing to do now adays if you have no class.:sign0003:

Chuck
12-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm willing to bet it's real. Chuck is a UFC poster boy... I could see them trying to keep this quiet.

Who knows though?

bj44
12-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Im still lmfao at anyone who thinks Tito will ko chuck..... Maybe with elbows on the ground.... Forrest chin is every bit as brittle as chucks and tito couldnt hurt him at all!!!!!

Jason 16
12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm willing to bet it's real. Chuck is a UFC poster boy... I could see them trying to keep this quiet.

Who knows though?

Ive also heard it from my english teacher as well. he was told by Mike Ciesnolevicz who he went to school with.

Llamafighter
12-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Ive also heard it from my english teacher as well. he was told by Mike Ciesnolevicz who he went to school with.

And he heard it from Gladys Kravitz who heard it from Old Mr. Winfrey down at the drug store who heard it from...:laugh::laugh:

Jason 16
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
And he heard it from Gladys Kravitz who heard it from Old Mr. Winfrey down at the drug store who heard it from...:laugh::laugh:

your just mad becuse your a nut hugger

Llamafighter
12-10-2009, 07:45 PM
your just mad becuse your a nut hugger

nope. I'm a big fan of Chucks, but mostly I'm defending him from a kid who's throwing around hearsay as fact.
as a fan of the sport you should show more respect for the guys who got the UFC off the ground. it's now better than the d-bags who go around saying things about Matt.

notice I'm not mentioning the brutal KO's that Wanderlei has fallen victim to. You won't hear me mentioning those brutal KO's in this post because those brutal KO's (to Hendo, Crocop, and oh wait RAMPAGE) don't erase the fact that he is a legend and can still compete in the UFC.

Jason 16
12-10-2009, 11:40 PM
With the ko's I was just stiring **** and iam sorry for it but about the coke I realy think it's true becaues mike C does know chuck and my English teacher went to school with him at William's valley about 5 mins a away.( yea the coke head part may have been to much)

Spiritwalker
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
With the ko's I was just stiring **** and iam sorry for it but about the coke I realy think it's true becaues mike C does know chuck and my English teacher went to school with him at William's valley about 5 mins a away.( yea the coke head part may have been to much)

Does Mike C know Chuck.. or have they met.. what's his "evidence".... Your English teach.. he did a few lines with Chuck when they were in High School or College? Maybe when they were rollin??? Or doing some like sparing in the past few years????

Jason 16
12-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Does Mike C know Chuck.. or have they met.. what's his "evidence".... Your English teach.. he did a few lines with Chuck when they were in High School or College? Maybe when they were rollin??? Or doing some like sparing in the past few years????

sorry met like 3 or 4 times at ufc event and there after parties it just seems to be a very common story that is going around and could be very very possible. you do know who Iam talking about he fought in the IFC and twice in the ufc

Spiritwalker
12-11-2009, 09:27 AM
sorry met like 3 or 4 times at ufc event and there after parties it just seems to be a very common story that is going around and could be very very possible. you do know who Iam talking about he fought in the IFC and twice in the ufc

I have "met" a bunch of famous people... I "know" none of them..

And if there was a rumor about say.......I don't know..you:Whistle:... That basically says your a girly boy... that likes to snort grape jello through a straw... And someone else says that they saw you with a straw in your hand... one time.. at a party.. but they were drunk.. so it might have been someone else...

You see.. just cause a bunch of people.. some wannabes... and maybe a few people green with envy want to bring a man down.. or even kick him during a low pooint in his carrer...just cause those people say it's true.. doesn't mean it is...

flo
12-11-2009, 09:07 PM
What's most shocking to me is the reference to Gladys Kravitz.

Josh
12-22-2009, 12:56 AM

Yeah me too. The nerve of someone trying to insult her character. I mean I heard she was a reliable source from my mailman's parole officer's daughters best friend.

Llamafighter
12-22-2009, 12:14 PM

:cool:

Yeah me too. The nerve of someone trying to insult her character. I mean I heard she was a reliable source from my mailman's parole officer's daughters best friend.

:laugh::laugh:

wavetar
12-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, back to the topic at hand, if I may. They're both good coaches, in fact seeing Tito coach turned me from a hater into a lukewarm, indifferent fan of his. However, that's also how I view a third Chuck/Tito fight...no desire to see it, won't be buying the PPV.

Spiritwalker
12-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Well, back to the topic at hand, if I may. They're both good coaches, in fact seeing Tito coach turned me from a hater into a lukewarm, indifferent fan of his. However, that's also how I view a third Chuck/Tito fight...no desire to see it, won't be buying the PPV.

I will be buying it just to see Chuck fight.. who cares who he's fighting.. Unless he was fighting Baby Jay... I would pay double to see that... :)

wavetar
12-23-2009, 06:37 PM
I will be buying it just to see Chuck fight.. who cares who he's fighting.. Unless he was fighting Baby Jay... I would pay double to see that... :)

I like Liddell & all, but he's 1-4 since 2007...and his last truly dominant fight was against Sobral in 2006. I wouldn't mind seeing him make a comeback of sorts and beat a good opponent...but against Tito even if he wins, I'll basically think "So what...he's beaten him twice before and Tito is a shadow of his former self too". So, it really won't mean anything to me.

It would be better if they left him out of coaching & gave him a fight against an up & comer like Jon Jones. Now that I would pay to see.

Spiritwalker
12-23-2009, 07:23 PM
I like Liddell & all, but he's 1-4 since 2007...and his last truly dominant fight was against Sobral in 2006. I wouldn't mind seeing him make a comeback of sorts and beat a good opponent...but against Tito even if he wins, I'll basically think "So what...he's beaten him twice before and Tito is a shadow of his former self too". So, it really won't mean anything to me.

It would be better if they left him out of coaching & gave him a fight against an up & comer like Jon Jones. Now that I would pay to see.

Just because he didn't "dominate" Jardine.. didn't mean it wasn't a great fight.. and even seeing Chuck lose.. (which I hate almost as much as seeing Matt lose) It's great to watch him fight.

I want Chuck/Forrest.. Jon Jones is good and all.. but not "there" yet...

wavetar
12-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Just because he didn't "dominate" Jardine.. didn't mean it wasn't a great fight...

Think about what you just said...Liddell didn't dominate Jardine. Would that have even rolled off your tongue a few years ago? Sure it was an entertaining fight...but Chuck would've chewed him up & spit him out within a round (like every current top ten 205 contender does) pre-2007. I personally don't like watching once-great fighters get beat by journeymen...it's just sad.

Time for the UFC to establish an over-40 division...or in the case of Tito, a 'Shamrock' division, 'cause that's the only guy he can seem to beat.