PDA

View Full Version : Cub calls out Pulver

atomdanger
12-05-2009, 01:57 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/1zb6i9x.jpg

Could be an interesting rematch.

Gotta love the Pulver fans
Some of the replies

"You treated him with no respect and he dusted you in less than a minute.. why would he bother rematching you?"

"he dominated you in less than one minute and made you tap out. there is no reason for a rematch and there will never be one."

"Jens will spank dat ASS! Something tells me this fight is already signed. And being that I'm one of Jens biggest fans I couldn't be happier!"

Neezar
12-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Bless his heart.

Neezar
12-05-2009, 11:23 AM
*Braces self for Dave's rant*

:laugh:

VCURamFan
12-05-2009, 02:24 PM
*Braces self for Dave's rant*

:laugh:
:happydancing: Hahahahaha!! :happydancing:

TexasRN
12-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Did Dave ever get his heat back on? I wonder if he's frozen by the computer, unable to type.....:unsure-1: I mean, how long has Jens been mentioned now and he hasn't chimed in yet?

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Did Dave ever get his heat back on? I wonder if he's frozen by the computer, unable to type.....:unsure-1: I mean, how long has Jens been mentioned now and he hasn't chimed in yet?

~Amy
Last time I talked to him, he said he was sick. He just be in bed trying to recover...

TexasRN
12-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Last time I talked to him, he said he was sick. He just be in bed trying to recover...

Dave's never too sick to defend Jens. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Dave's never too sick to defend Jens. :laugh:

~Amy
Hmmm, that's a good point!

TexasRN
12-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Hmmm, that's a good point!

Yeah, that's why I made it! :)

Hey, since you have nothing else to do drive over to the JJ tournament there and root for my gym for me. K? I couldn't go this weekend. :sad: It's the first one I have missed since starting at the gym.

~Amy

J.B.
12-05-2009, 02:46 PM
You gotta love the irony of their being a big fat ignore button in that screen shot.

VCURamFan
12-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah, that's why I made it! :)

Hey, since you have nothing else to do drive over to the JJ tournament there and root for my gym for me. K? I couldn't go this weekend. :sad: It's the first one I have missed since starting at the gym.

~Amy
Yeah, I was kinda wondering if you were gonna be up here. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work right now. I had considered calling out of work since there's a 4 man black belt bracket that looked BA, but I figured I should try being responsible...

Spiritwalker
12-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I am a big Swanson fan.. but Jens really took him out quick... now that Jens is "in his twillight".. he wants a rematch????

kinda lame IMO..

VCURamFan
12-05-2009, 02:53 PM
I am a big Swanson fan.. but Jens really took him out quick... now that Jens is "in his twillight".. he wants a rematch????

kinda lame IMO..
It'd be like if Erik Snyder called up the UFC & said "Ya know, Hughes beat me twice back in '97 & '98, but now that he's not the champ anymore, I think I can take him!!!"

TexasRN
12-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I was kinda wondering if you were gonna be up here. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work right now. I had considered calling out of work since there's a 4 man black belt bracket that looked BA, but I figured I should try being responsible...

My man Mike V is gonna kick tail up there!! I hate not knowing how they are doing. Be irresponsible and take a looooong lunch and go check in on them. I wonder if I texted Andrew Smith if he'd answer me with the winners. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-05-2009, 03:03 PM
My man Mike V is gonna kick tail up there!! I hate not knowing how they are doing. Be irresponsible and take a looooong lunch and go check in on them. I wonder if I texted Andrew Smith if he'd answer me with the winners. :laugh:

~Amy
Hahaha, I'd guess prolly not. He's usually pretty swamped, what with the reffing & running of the show & such. :laugh:

TexasRN
12-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Hahaha, I'd guess prolly not. He's usually pretty swamped, what with the reffing & running of the show & such. :laugh:

He never sits down for the entire day. He is a great ref and his tournaments are the best around. I love the submission only ones they put on. I've been to several of them now. I like his better than the Pendergrass.

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM
He never sits down for the entire day. He is a great ref and his tournaments are the best around. I love the submission only ones they put on. I've been to several of them now. I like his better than the Pendergrass.

~Amy
I know, the guy's incredible. I cannot wait until I get a job so I can get back into the gym & learn more from him.

Max
12-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I think this would be an interesting fight. Jens is not a top contender at 145 and he is not going to be able to make a title run so why not make this fight happen. This is a fight Jens can win, he proved it the first time, and the 2nd fight will have to be better than the first.

VCURamFan
12-05-2009, 05:23 PM
OK, where's Dave lurking? I know he's here, he's been posting & PMing me. Why hasn't he made it here yet?:blink:

Tyburn
12-14-2009, 12:49 PM
:) Well everyone I'm here at last. Cub Swanson can go stick his head down a bog and flush for all I care. I dont know who Jens Pulver is fighting, but I doubt his return will be Swanson...having said that...I wouldnt mind seeing Jens choke him out again. :laugh:

Cub Swanson was personally rude to me, so I dont like him anymore :angry:

Max
12-14-2009, 02:53 PM
:) Well everyone I'm here at last. Cub Swanson can go stick his head down a bog and flush for all I care. I dont know who Jens Pulver is fighting, but I doubt his return will be Swanson...having said that...I wouldnt mind seeing Jens choke him out again. :laugh:

Why not make this fight happen though? It is a fight everyone knows Jens can win and it should help him start another run at the title, if thats what he wants to do.

Spiritwalker
12-14-2009, 03:48 PM

I KNOW.. I probably should not do this.... I know it.. I KNOW it...

But.. seeing as how I know a couple of people that have hung out with Swanson.. I will ask...

How was cub "personally rude" to you?

VCURamFan
12-14-2009, 04:00 PM

But.. seeing as how I know a couple of people that have hung out with Swanson.. I will ask...

Exact same way that Matt Riddle was rude to him personally: Dave told Cub he thought Jens would beat him, Cub got pissed & blocked Dave, Dave believes him to be the rudest person on the planet.

Tyburn
12-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Why not make this fight happen though? It is a fight everyone knows Jens can win and it should help him start another run at the title, if thats what he wants to do.

Because he doesnt deserve it does he....perhaps if he hadnt done so much shyte talking and flopped so dramatically.

Tyburn
12-14-2009, 04:14 PM

Well, when I first started on myspace, I hunted for a Jens Pulver profile but couldnt find one. so when Jens was about to fight Cub Swanson, I talked to Cub instead he seemed nice enough. We had some good discussions. Anyway, Brian Butler, who is the President of Suckerpunch Entertainment, the management/sponcer agents for Jens Pulver (amoung others, like Jeff Curran, Bart Palezewski, Levon Maynard, Anthony Pettis, DaMarques Johnson...the list is quite extensive now) He got in touch and asked if I realized that Jens now had a myspace...which I didnt.

Then the WEC was delayed I think because of a hurricane or something, and during this extra time Jens Pulver got both sick and injured, and when the card was reconstructed, he was forced to pull out.

Far from being the gentleman that I had come to know, Cub Swanson started to go blabing to the media about how he reckoned Jens was just frightened of him, and was trying to stall. I asked him why he said that and what proof he had. He didnt reply...so I asked him again, a little more forcefully, he was very rude in his reply, and then he deleted me from his friends list :angry:

He had seemed genuinely really nice guy before he started spouting shyte about Pulver. Of course, the following card they met, and it didnt take Jens long to dispatch him. I Never spoke to Cub Swanson again

Tyburn
12-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Exact same way that Matt Riddle was rude to him personally: Dave told Cub he thought Jens would beat him, Cub got pissed & blocked Dave, Dave believes him to be the rudest person on the planet.

Not true. My dealings with Cub Swanson were Before Camera. They were before I made Predictions Videos. That long ago...seems an age now.

As for Matt Riddle...all I did was sent him my predictions video...and was my Prediction about his fight wrong:huh: :laugh:

Tyburn
12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
I am a big Swanson fan..

Figures :rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
12-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, when I first started on myspace, I hunted for a Jens Pulver profile but couldnt find one. so when Jens was about to fight Cub Swanson, I talked to Cub instead he seemed nice enough. We had some good discussions. Anyway, Brian Butler, who is the President of Suckerpunch Entertainment, the management/sponcer agents for Jens Pulver (amoung others, like Jeff Curran, Bart Palezewski, Levon Maynard, Anthony Pettis, DaMarques Johnson...the list is quite extensive now) He got in touch and asked if I realized that Jens now had a myspace...which I didnt.

Then the WEC was delayed I think because of a hurricane or something, and during this extra time Jens Pulver got both sick and injured, and when the card was reconstructed, he was forced to pull out.

Far from being the gentleman that I had come to know, Cub Swanson started to go blabing to the media about how he reckoned Jens was just frightened of him, and was trying to stall. I asked him why he said that and what proof he had. He didnt reply...so I asked him again, a little more forcefully, he was very rude in his reply, and then he deleted me from his friends list :angry:

He had seemed genuinely really nice guy before he started spouting shyte about Pulver. Of course, the following card they met, and it didnt take Jens long to dispatch him. I Never spoke to Cub Swanson again

You really are full of yourself aren't you?

I would like to see the txt ofyour correspondence with him.. "a little more forcefully"..... hmmmm

and then he DELETES you from his friends list...

Dude.. you were never friends.. Myspace and Facebook "friends" that you have never shook hands with.. If you really consider them friends.. you NEED to get out more.. I have 5k+ of "friends" on Facebook.. 97% of them could drop me and I wouldn't think twice.. yet you get angry when you needle a fighter.. and he drops you?? wow.... how very.... british...

Tyburn
12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
You really are full of yourself aren't you?

I would like to see the txt ofyour correspondence with him.. "a little more forcefully"..... hmmmm

and then he DELETES you from his friends list...

Dude.. you were never friends.. Myspace and Facebook "friends" that you have never shook hands with.. If you really consider them friends.. you NEED to get out more.. I have 5k+ of "friends" on Facebook.. 97% of them could drop me and I wouldn't think twice.. yet you get angry when you needle a fighter.. and he drops you?? wow.... how very.... british...

let me see if I can find it

I asked him why he said what he said about Jens.

He doesnt reply

then he lets out a bulletin on something so I reply to the bulletin

I like it...but you havent answered my other PM yet...

and his reply is:

You really dissapiont me and your view is very one sided. I wouldn't say something that wasn't true. Him pulling out of the last fight really put me in financial hardship. You are the first person i've ever had to say this too but please don't write me anymore.

He's already deleted me.

I know he's a liar, because I know Jens...but I never called him a liar, I simply asked in about a sentance, why he said what he said about Jens, and he couldnt answer...so I reminded him he hadnt replied and he gets defensive. Can you say guilty Conscience

and before you ask. I didnt reply, because he asked me not to, and I wasnt rude to him later when he lost.

Tyburn
12-16-2009, 08:17 PM
well...someone went really quiet :laugh:

F34R
12-16-2009, 10:18 PM

Probably because talking to you about Jens is always one sided. This guy talked **** about Jens? Wow, I've never seen a fighter talk crap about another fighter before. This must be something new. The point is, you're a Jens fanboy, you joined his page, and you're harassing him over something he said about Jens. I'd have deleted you too.

Max
12-16-2009, 10:23 PM

Dave you have accused GSP of pulling out of fights when he was not really hurt, what is wrong with Cub doing the same to Pulver?

Tyburn
12-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Probably because talking to you about Jens is always one sided. This guy talked **** about Jens? Wow, I've never seen a fighter talk crap about another fighter before. This must be something new. The point is, you're a Jens fanboy, you joined his page, and you're harassing him over something he said about Jens. I'd have deleted you too.

it was hardly harassment :rolleyes: I only joined his page because at the time I didnt know Jens had one :laugh:

Tyburn
12-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Dave you have accused GSP of pulling out of fights when he was not really hurt, what is wrong with Cub doing the same to Pulver?

Because Jens is innocent, and GSP is probably guilty :laugh:

F34R
12-17-2009, 01:49 AM
it was hardly harassment :rolleyes: I only joined his page because at the time I didnt know Jens had one :laugh:

Sorry, that's exactly what it was. You asked him about something, he didn't reply, but you continued on that same path. If he wanted to answer the first time, don't you think he would have?

Also, there isn't any reason to double post when responding to multiple messages. Just use the nifty little button for "multi-quote". ;)

Spiritwalker
12-17-2009, 03:18 AM

Are you referring to me???

I just got home about an hour ago...hand to see the kids off to bed and take care of the wife....

As for what Cub said to you.. seems like he pretty much was pretty clear and fairly nice.

You really dissapiont me and your view is very one sided. I wouldn't say something that wasn't true. Him pulling out of the last fight really put me in financial hardship. You are the first person i've ever had to say this too but please don't write me anymore.

IMO.. he wasn't even rude to you at all.... He seemed to be very nice to you.

Max
12-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Are you referring to me???

I just got home about an hour ago...hand to see the kids off to bed and take care of the wife....

As for what Cub said to you.. seems like he pretty much was pretty clear and fairly nice.

IMO.. he wasn't even rude to you at all.... He seemed to be very nice to you.
I agree, he is much nicer then a lot of people are to Dave.

Tyburn
12-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Sorry, that's exactly what it was. You asked him about something, he didn't reply, but you continued on that same path. If he wanted to answer the first time, don't you think he would have?

Also, there isn't any reason to double post when responding to multiple messages. Just use the nifty little button for "multi-quote". ;)

He shouldnt make public statements if he's not prepared to talk about it. He publically went and said that Jens was not only a liar, but attempting to cheat, and duck....and if he had ANY evidence of that, dont you think he'd share it with anyone who asked.

The truth is, he made it all up. Thats why he didnt answer when I first asked...there was nothing to answer. But I'm not just going to let him say something like that about someone like Jens without getting some type of responce. He comes back all defensive because the truth is he IS an outright Liar...and I should really have just called him that right away...but I try not to be rude..We'd had a long talk just before that about respect and treating other people with dignity and stuff...this is why I was most shocked at his outburst...he had seemed like a complete Gentleman...and whilst he was busy telling me exactly what he was like, you know, full of respect, full of honnesty....he goes to the public domain and lies through his teeth about Jens.

He's lucky I wasnt downright abusive in my response....and the reason I wasnt was because I was so shocked...he actually seemed genuine and nice, It was the shock of having talked about a good character with him, and for him to have aggreed...to then go and display what he did.

I'm sorry circumstance put him in hard finances...but if he was that bothered, he should have got part time work, it would have been better for him, then going and making a scene with the press just because he's knarked in having to wait longer for his money. Welcome to the Real World Mr Swanson...its situations like that, when its difficult, that someones true character shows...oh he's all the Gentleman until things dont go his own way...and then he doesnt even get angry, he just lies to get other people in trouble...because he's going through a hard time, he seems to think its perfectly acceptable to abandon being of good character, which he had just finished telling me was so important. Well I'm niether impressed nor ammused.

Afterall...when he lost...did you see me gloat or be mean to him? Did you see me write and tell him what an f'in loser he is and how he should have kept his bloody trap shut? NO. I can lead by example even if he cant. :)