PDA

View Full Version : Favre Retires

J.B.
02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
AGAIN...

Hopefully he is for real this time. :rolleyes:

Actually, I gotta be honest, I wanted to see him come back next season. I was hoping for a Warner vs Favre Super Bowl. We can call it the Foggie Bowl.

matthughesfan21
02-11-2009, 06:27 PM
thank god, hopefully he goes away for good now

kyle
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
thank god, hopefully he goes away for good now

You know I have nothing but respect for the man I never like the teams he played on and he never was my favorite QB but for a guy to come in at his age and have to go and learn a whole new system .....I say he did pretty damn good job. they won 4 games last year and 9 games this year that's a good turn around yeah he may have played poor down the stretch and I think that's why he is calling it quits now b/c he knows its time to hang it up. I'm just happy I even got to see him play a few times in person.

J.B.
02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
You know I have nothing but respect for the man I never like the teams he played on and he never was my favorite QB but for a guy to come in at his age and have to go and learn a whole new system .....I say he did pretty damn good job. they won 4 games last year and 9 games this year that's a good turn around yeah he may have played poor down the stretch and I think that's why he is calling it quits now b/c he knows its time to hang it up. I'm just happy I even got to see him play a few times in person.

I agree, he really turned that team around last season, until the end that is.

I wish him well and I am glad I got to grow up watching him play. He is arguably the best QB ever.

Chuck
02-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I agree, he really turned that team around last season, until the end that is.

I wish him well and I am glad I got to grow up watching him play. He is arguably the best QB ever.
What about Ben???????:tongue0011:

J.B.
02-11-2009, 10:31 PM
What about Ben???????:tongue0011:

Don't get mad Chuck, but I am convinced that Ben might just be the most mediocre QB to ever get two rings. :laugh:

Now, thats not to say that he is not a great QB, but when you think of the QBs who have been able to do it more than once, and think of their performances, Big Ben don't sit so high up on the list, IMO.

now don't beat me up to badly!

Krupp
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
You know, I don't know how this is a big deal. He should've retired before this season and stayed that way. For anyone to think that he had a chance to go to the superbowl with the Jets of all teams, well, let's just say you were kidding yourselves.

With that said, I hope he enjoyes retirement. I'm sure it'll be fun not having to worry about a linbacker or big defensive guy sneaking up on him.

J.B.
02-11-2009, 10:55 PM
You know, I don't know how this is a big deal. He should've retired before this season and stayed that way. For anyone to think that he had a chance to go to the superbowl with the Jets of all teams, well, let's just say you were kidding yourselves.

With that said, I hope he enjoyes retirement. I'm sure it'll be fun not having to worry about a linbacker or big defensive guy sneaking up on him.

Did you watch this season?

The Cardinals almost won the SB, so I think it's safe to say it was possible that they could have pulled out some upsets.

hizo64
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Did you watch this season?

The Cardinals almost won the SB, so I think it's safe to say it was possible that they could have pulled out some upsets.

Ya, my New York Giants did it last year to the 18-1 Patriots! :w00t:

J.B.
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Ya, my New York Giants did it last year to the 18-1 Patriots! :w00t:

And I was cheering for them adamantly!!! I am not a Pats fan, or a Boston fan for that matter, and I was happy to seem the blow it! Now nobody will ever care that they were undefeated! I LOVE IT!

logrus
02-11-2009, 11:29 PM
You could tell this season that the age was a factor. He looked great and then late in the season he just started to play poorly. Regardless what he did for the Jets he was a legend and is a soon to be hall of famer.

As for big Ben he is nothing more then a mediocre QB at best. How a guy could pass for 6 for 17 110 yards for 99% of a football game and still win the game baffles me. Then do it week after week.

J.B.
02-11-2009, 11:44 PM
You could tell this season that the age was a factor. He looked great and then late in the season he just started to play poorly. Regardless what he did for the Jets he was a legend and is a soon to be hall of famer.

As for big Ben he is nothing more then a mediocre QB at best. How a guy could pass for 6 for 17 110 yards for 99% of a football game and still win the game baffles me. Then do it week after week.

Agreed and agreed.

Big Ben is one tough SOB though, ya gotta give him that. The guy seems to find a way to stay on his feet and make plays, and he's got two rings which is kinda hard to argue with.

Even if the refs did hand him both games...oops did I say that out loud... :laugh:

Krupp
02-12-2009, 01:24 AM
And I was cheering for them adamantly!!! I am not a Pats fan, or a Boston fan for that matter, and I was happy to seem the blow it! Now nobody will ever care that they were undefeated! I LOVE IT!

...I think we all felt that way.

J.B.
02-12-2009, 01:29 AM
...I think we all felt that way.

Well...not all of us...

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii142/lstanford73/th_pittssuperbowl51.jpg

Preach
02-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Bout time he was starting to look like Ken Shamrock, Tank Abbott and Jens Pulver..

we shall see if Dave cares enough about Farve to come and see this lol

J.B.
02-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Bout time he was starting to look like Ken Shamrock, Tank Abbott and Jens Pulver..

we shall see if Dave cares enough about Farve to come and see this lol

Favre vs Pulver....

in a tennis match, who wins?

Josh
02-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Favre vs Pulver....

in a tennis match, who wins?
Favre hands down.

Chuck
02-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Don't get mad Chuck, but I am convinced that Ben might just be the most mediocre QB to ever get two rings. :laugh:

Now, thats not to say that he is not a great QB, but when you think of the QBs who have been able to do it more than once, and think of their performances, Big Ben don't sit so high up on the list, IMO.

now don't beat me up to badly!

LOL....

I'll take a mediocre QB who brings home 2 rings over a great QB with none any day :wink:

I think Ben is a very good QB... not amazing, certainly not one of the elite but definitely above average... quite a bit above IMO.

The reason I think people don't give Ben credit is because he's not a conventional QB. He's not a pocket passer who's going to rack up yards... he's a gamer, he makes something out of nothing, he scrambles, buys time and finds receivers better then anybody in the league in my opinion. Our O line has sucked in the last few seasons and our offense is never going to put up 300 yards passing. It never has... that's not Steeler football.

Now factor in things like decision making etc... I think he's well above medioce. And contrary to what some bitter fans say... the Steelers have never been handed a Lombardi trophy. We certainly don't win pretty all the time.... but we've earned all 6 even if the haters don't want to give us credit.

rockdawg21
02-12-2009, 06:31 AM
Don't worry, he will change his mind next week.

kyle
02-12-2009, 05:34 PM

he very well could have took them to the SB look at his DIV this year the PATS lost Brady that left it wide open but who would of thought the worst team a year ago the 1-15 dolphins would have made the playoffs this year. when playoffs come around it's a new season what you did in the regular season dont amount to anything now just ask the PAT fans. :laugh:

J.B.
02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Don't worry, he will change his mind next week.

I doubt it this time. The paperwork has already been filed with the league, and he would be causing a giant uproar much larger than last time. It's just not worth it.

He is done.