PDA

View Full Version : Christianity Confronts Islam

Play The Man
12-03-2009, 03:09 AM
http://www.whitehorseinn.org/\

This is a 40 minute interview (on an audio file - you can read posts on the forum while you listen) with "Sam Solomon". "Sam Solomon" is the pseudonym of a Muslim convert to Christianity who must hide his identity due to death threats by Muslims. He was born a Muslim in a Middle-Eastern country and was an expert on Shariah. You will learn more about Islam in this 40 minute interview than you have in years of news reports by the media.

VCURamFan
12-03-2009, 05:25 PM
I love the White Horse Inn.

Crisco
12-03-2009, 06:52 PM
When the war does come do we fight or do we turn the other cheek?

I've been conflicted about this.

These extremists won't rest until we're all eliminated.

What do we do when the war reaches home?

TexasRN
12-03-2009, 09:25 PM

I'll fight to the death if need be.

~Amy

Crisco
12-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I'll fight to the death if need be.

~Amy

That's what my heart says.

Fight tooth and nail scratch and claw and try and save the world from these people

I was conflicted about what the bible would say on the matter though.

It's an interesting subject to talk about. Any bible scholars want to chime in here?

Crisco
12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
If you figure that evil must overcome the world before apocolypse that could easily be considered Islam considering it's contrary to what the bible tells us.

Then the eventual Muslim takeover is going to happen no matter what.

But I figure what if that is wrong and God is giving us a new test. To fight to keep freedom of faith.

Christian suffered for generations under the Romans until a leader arose and saved our faith from persecution. Constantine the great.

When and if the Muslims take power does that signal the apocolypse or are we in for another hard fought battle against an enemy in the way of our ability to save souls.

Thoughts?

que
12-03-2009, 10:44 PM
When and if the Muslims take power does that signal the apocolypse or are we in for another hard fought battle against an enemy in the way of our ability to save souls.

Thoughts?

nobody knows the answer to that question except for God

Josh
12-03-2009, 11:42 PM
If you figure that evil must overcome the world before apocolypse that could easily be considered Islam considering it's contrary to what the bible tells us.

Then the eventual Muslim takeover is going to happen no matter what.

But I figure what if that is wrong and God is giving us a new test. To fight to keep freedom of faith.

Christian suffered for generations under the Romans until a leader arose and saved our faith from persecution. Constantine the great.

Thoughts?
Personally I don't believe the church will be here at the Apocolypse but in regards to Islam taking over I don't think it will. I believe the Bible teaches that one world religion that is Ecuminical will be Babylon. Most of Christianity is apostate now anyway so it's not like we are heading for a battle against Islam. The most prominent "Christian" preachers of our time preach that Islam is a way to heaven. That is just as damaging as anything Islam can do.

NateR
12-04-2009, 01:19 AM

There is nothing unbiblical about fighting in a war. Christ's command to "turn the other cheek" is in reference to personal vendettas based on human pride and a sense of revenge. It has nothing to do with fighting for freedom against a tyrannical oppressor.

Crisco
12-04-2009, 12:34 PM
There is nothing unbiblical about fighting in a war. Christ's command to "turn the other cheek" is in reference to personal vendettas based on human pride and a sense of revenge. It has nothing to do with fighting for freedom against a tyrannical oppressor.

Good.

CAVEMAN
12-04-2009, 04:45 PM
It is my belief that the stage is set for the War of Gog and Magog! I believe Ezekiel 38 and 39 clearly speaks of this war which essentially is a future invasion of Israel by nations that surround it, hence muslim extremists! GOD being the TRUE protector of Israel will destroy the muslim extremists in one swoop! This will pave the way for the Antichrist's military rule over the world and his demand that the world worship him as God. With Islam defeated and the Christian Church raptured, opposition to worshipping a man as God will be greatly reduced. Those who are left would have no army with which to mount much of a protest.

If you get a chance, check out this website: http://contenderministries.org/prophecy/gogmagog.php

Rev
12-06-2009, 02:45 PM

Luke 22: 35And He said to them, “When I sent you out without money belt and bag and sandals, you did not lack anything, did you?” They said, “No, nothing.” 36And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. 37“For I tell you that this which is written must be fulfilled in Me, ‘and He was numbered with transgressors’; for that which refers to Me has its fulfillment.” 38They said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.” And He said to them, “It is enough.”

why else would he tell us to go buy swords? I will fight to the death and then some.

Jonlion
12-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Hmmmmmmm,

Here is my take, as Christians are faith has never set out or tried to be supreme rulers. The early church, the early christians followed through their faith with no state or government support, they were surrounded by enemies and dangers.

Now, if Islam or something else takes over the world then I have a few optionns. If I am commanded to fight, I will and God willing, bravely.

Now If I fall under Islamic rule, I will love my brothers, and try to build up within that society, I think of Jeremiah where God speaks to his people made captive by the Bablyionians. He commands them to remai distinct but to add to that society.

I will try to do that, love my neighbour and try to bring them to Christ.

And I will die defending that right.

Only if God by his infinite grace gives me the strength to do so.

Difficult stuff