PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Christ dumped from jury pool for disruption

MattHughesRocks
12-03-2009, 01:00 AM
:laugh:

Court officials say a Birmingham woman who changed her name to Jesus Christ didn't live up to it when she reported for jury duty this week. The woman, previously named Dorothy Lola Killingworth, was sent to Judge Clyde Jones's courtroom for a criminal case Monday.
More News

Court officials told The Birmingham News Tuesday that the 59-year-old was excused because she was disruptive and kept asking questions instead of answering them.

Efforts to reach Christ for comment were unsuccessful.:laugh:

Court administrator Sandra Turner said people there were shocked when the woman insisted her name was Jesus Christ and some potential jurors laughed out loud when her name was called.

But Turner said unlike some Jefferson County residents, Christ didn't try to get out of jury duty and was "perfectly happy to serve."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/12/01/national/a165946S42.DTL

Bonnie
12-03-2009, 01:31 AM

Court officials say a Birmingham woman who changed her name to Jesus Christ didn't live up to it when she reported for jury duty this week. The woman, previously named Dorothy Lola Killingworth, was sent to Judge Clyde Jones's courtroom for a criminal case Monday.
More News

Court officials told The Birmingham News Tuesday that the 59-year-old was excused because she was disruptive and kept asking questions instead of answering them.

Court administrator Sandra Turner said people there were shocked when the woman insisted her name was Jesus Christ and some potential jurors laughed out loud when her name was called.

But Turner said unlike some Jefferson County residents, Christ didn't try to get out of jury duty and was "perfectly happy to serve."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/12/01/national/a165946S42.DTL

:angel:

You know we're probably going to be struck by lightning don't you? :unsure:

MattHughesRocks
12-03-2009, 01:38 AM
Your name popped into my head the minute I saw this .Is it really you?! :w00t:

:angel:

You know we're probably going to be struck by lightning don't you? :unsure:

Bonnie
12-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Your name popped into my head the minute I saw this .Is it really you?! :w00t:

Bless you my child. :ninja:

Okay, forget lightning, we're going to hell for sure. :laugh:

flo
12-03-2009, 02:57 AM
At first I thought this had to be from The Onion.

Unbelievable. Just, unbelievable. :wacko:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-03-2009, 06:10 AM
I would be afraid to change my name to that cause it just seems so arrogant to me!

MattHughesRocks
12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Not to mention the pressure!

Bonnie
12-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Can you imagine her face to face with the one and only Jesus?

Her: "No, I'm Jesus Christ!" :scared0015:

NateR
12-03-2009, 04:36 PM
A couple of things:

First, "Jesus" is a pretty common boys' name among Hispanics, however it's pronounced "Hay-soos" ('J's are always pronounced like 'H's in Spanish). Not that that is relevant here.

Secondly, "Jesus Christ" was not actually Jesus' biblical name. That's just a warped transliteration of the Greek version of Jesus' name. His actual name would have been Yeshua HaMashiach, which literally translates as "GOD saves the Annointed," but as a proper name, it could be translated into modern English as 'Joshua, The Messiah'.

But that's still not relevant to this news story, of which I can only state that this "Jesus Christ" lady is whacko. :loser:

VCURamFan
12-03-2009, 04:52 PM

More News

Ironically, fellow potential juror Peter was refused for claiming his pet rooster would be able to tell when people were lying. :Whistle: