PDA

View Full Version : Stupid woman or jerk dealership's fault?

rockdawg21
12-01-2009, 05:32 PM
STUPID WOMAN!!!!!!!! :duh:

Woman, 77, says she was pressured into buying car

Mon Nov 30, 10:55 pm ET

DES MOINES, Iowa A woman filed a lawsuit claiming a Clive auto dealership pressured her to buy a new car while she was waiting for an oil change. The Polk County lawsuit said a Holmes Hyundai saleswoman pressured 77-year-old Audrey McKnight to buy the car while she waited for the service on her 2006 car. McKnight claims she was adamant she couldn't afford a new car but finally gave up after being pressured for hours.

Dealership owner Max Holmes disputes those claims and says his lawyers will respond in court. He said his lawyers are trying to resolve the situation.

McKnight made her claim under a new state consumer fraud law that makes such suits easier to file.

County Mike
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Given the woman's age, I'm thinking the dealership might at least be somewhat to blame here. We'd have to know the woman's state of mind to get a better feel for it. If it was my grandmother (82) I'd blame the dealership because grandma ain't all there anymore. I'm surprised they still let her drive.

Bonnie
12-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking the dealership is a lot to blame. They probably saw her as an easy target.

I bet the sales person was a man....STUPID JERK MAN! :tongue0011:

lc87
12-01-2009, 06:58 PM
no means no in other cases. laws ahould have a rollover clause

J.B.
12-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Car Salesman make a living out of bamboozling people. Any decent salesman can get a person to at least contemplate the idea they are pitching, let alone steamroll over a potentially weak target.

However, it's hard to tell in this case what actually happened based on the information provided here. It's fairly logical to assume that people of that age may be easier to persuade, because we've seen it happen all the time. However, a lot of people that are in that generation are typically much more stubborn and can be hard to crack. I think you'd really just have to be there to judge, but if we were placing bets I would put the larger blame on the salesman.

TexasRN
12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I voted jerk dealership. I hate to see people taken advantage of in those circumstances. If the 77 year old woman says she can't do it, they should have left it at that and left her alone. Being pushy in that case is unethical and bad business practice.

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I voted "Stupid woman" without even reading the thread. It's a no-brainer!!:laugh:

Preach
12-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Impulse buying then followed by regrets.. Has to be the woman once she signed the contract she purchased a car it's legal and binding sorry

VCURamFan
12-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Impulse buying then followed by regrets.. Has to be the woman once she signed the contract she purchased a car it's legal and binding sorry

O yeah, I forgot that we've got a resident expert!

Preach
12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
O yeah, I forgot that we've got a resident expert!

I have never been considered an expert except for in making people mad... Guess thats why I sell cars

Chuck
12-01-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking the dealership is a lot to blame. They probably saw her as an easy target.

This.

rearnakedchoke
12-01-2009, 11:25 PM
i put jerk dealership ... in this economy he probably figured make a sale anyway possible

Silverback
12-02-2009, 01:55 AM
It's has a lot to do with how long did it take her to complain about the deal, is there something about a 3 day rule that may apply. My vote is the jerk dealership.:muttering::muttering::muttering:

rockdawg21
12-02-2009, 02:56 AM
I'm going to try to sell this woman some cocaine. I'm sure if I asked her enough, eventually she would just give in. Easy profit.

Neezar
12-02-2009, 04:37 AM

This.

Woman, 77, says she was pressured into buying car

Mon Nov 30, 10:55 pm ET

DES MOINES, Iowa – A woman filed a lawsuit claiming a Clive auto dealership pressured her to buy a new car while she was waiting for an oil change. The Polk County lawsuit said a Holmes Hyundai (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=84242#) saleswoman pressured 77-year-old Audrey McKnight to buy the car while she waited for the service on her 2006 car. McKnight claims she was adamant she couldn't afford a new car but finally gave up after being pressured for hours.

Dealership owner Max Holmes disputes those claims and says his lawyers will respond in court. He said his lawyers are trying to resolve the situation.

McKnight made her claim under a new state consumer fraud law that makes such suits easier to file.

:laugh:

So it is stupid woman or stupid saleswoman?

MattHughesRocks
12-02-2009, 04:42 AM
If somebody ever did that to my mom I'd have their ass.Older people werent raised to say "no" and "**** you" like we are today.I can see how someone her age would feel pressure when I'd laugh at the same idiot trying to sell me a car after I said no.

Bonnie
12-02-2009, 06:52 AM

So it is stupid woman or stupid saleswoman?

Now was it really necessary to mention this little discrepancy. :laugh:

I feel so bad for Chuck now. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
12-02-2009, 07:14 AM
Oh I've felt bad for Chuck for about 3 years straight now :laugh:

Neezar
12-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Sorry. But as soon as I read "saleswoman" (double quote thingys so no one jumps me, lol) I was like :scared0015: "No way!"

County Mike
12-02-2009, 12:21 PM

Sorry. But as soon as I read "saleswoman" (double quote thingys so no one jumps me, lol) I was like :scared0015: "No way!"

Me too! What the heck was she doing out of the kitchen? :tongue0011:

cubsfan47
12-02-2009, 01:33 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CAMPO
12-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Given the woman's age, I'm thinking the dealership might at least be somewhat to blame here. We'd have to know the woman's state of mind to get a better feel for it. If it was my grandmother (82) I'd blame the dealership because grandma ain't all there anymore. I'm surprised they still let her drive.

TOTALLY agree with you! People def take advantage of the elderly :cry: makes me sad.... I cherish my time with my "Pop" & I miss my grandma...

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Sometimes the Elderly are easily taken advantage of! My Dad for example is more likely to give in than he used to be. He gets worried over things when used to be he'd tell someone to get lost! For example years ago before I was born he had some bill collectors come on his job site and hassle him over some bill's an ex run up. Back then he laid the law down to them and run them off! Nowadays he would be to feeble both physically and mentally to do that! Used to be he knew he was right and if someone didn't like it to bad. But now he thinks he needs to please everybody!