PDA

View Full Version : Minus Five, no Central

Tyburn
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
:unsure-1:

its FREEZING!!! My flat has no heating, and its minus five outside according to mother. I am like wearing my ENTIRE wardrobe of clothes :laugh:

I dont usually suffer from the cold, so I know its a physical blip. I might be coming down with something, but its all right because I will sleep it off tonight since its not manifesting very quickly beyond a slight headache and cough which appeared out of nowhere today.

How is the weather where everyone else is :huh:

Twinsmama
11-30-2009, 08:17 PM
It's was so cold here on Friday and Saturday night. It was about 50!!! It might have even dipped into the 40's! I know you are laughing but that is to cold for Florida skin!!! The good thing is it isn't cold here but for just a few days. The ONLY good thing about cold is sitting around the fire at night!! What in the world do you do if you have no heat?? Won't you freeze???

County Mike
11-30-2009, 08:22 PM
-5 celsius is like 23 fahrenheit. You'll be fine. :)

TexasRN
11-30-2009, 08:23 PM
It's currently 61 outside but grey and rainy. A cold front is supposed to come through on Wed and we'll be dipping into the 20s at night for a couple of nights with highs in the 50s during the day. Not bad yet. I'm waiting for the snow to start. I'm bound and determined to have a white Christmas.
Dave, is your whole building without heat right now? If so, please leave your faucets dripping to keep your pipes from freezing. They'll burst and then you'll be without water too. Trust me on this.....

~Amy

TexasRN
11-30-2009, 08:24 PM

Oh. He'll be fine then.

Dave, quit whining. :laugh: And tell us you are talking celsius. It makes a world of difference.

~Amy

Tyburn
11-30-2009, 08:39 PM

Its the one that five degrees below the tempriture which water freezes at :mellow:

Tyburn
11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh. He'll be fine then.

Dave, quit whining. :laugh: And tell us you are talking celsius. It makes a world of difference.

~Amy

but its cold...it might snow tommorow :unsure-1:

Tyburn
11-30-2009, 08:41 PM
It's currently 61 outside but grey and rainy. A cold front is supposed to come through on Wed and we'll be dipping into the 20s at night for a couple of nights with highs in the 50s during the day. Not bad yet. I'm waiting for the snow to start. I'm bound and determined to have a white Christmas.
Dave, is your whole building without heat right now? If so, please leave your faucets dripping to keep your pipes from freezing. They'll burst and then you'll be without water too. Trust me on this.....

~Amy

my building just has like three little water boilers that dont really give out warm water:unsure-1:

I am living in a first world country...though you wouldnt know it sometimes :laugh:

...they always drip...well the one in the bathroom does :blink:

County Mike
11-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Its the one that five degrees below the tempriture which water freezes at :mellow:

That would be celsius. You're only 5 below freezing. Nothing to worry about. Your body will keep you warm. :ninja:

Just don't lick any metal poles.

Tyburn
11-30-2009, 09:04 PM
That would be celsius. You're only 5 below freezing. Nothing to worry about. Your body will keep you warm. :ninja:

Just don't lick any metal poles.

my body isnt keeping me warm though :blink:

:laugh: I dont lick metal poles, so no worries there :happydancing:

I think I'm unwell also...I wouldnt usually ever be this cold when its not like knee deep in snow. i'm all...shaky...thats a sign of virus for me :ninja:...dont worry though, the symptoms arent getting worse...at this level, after a sleep, I will be fine :w00t:

TexasRN
11-30-2009, 09:09 PM
You're a hoot. I hope you are keeping Jens warm. That little bird might not do well with the cold. I hope you feel better. Being sick is no fun and being sick with not enough hot water to sit in the tub and make it like a sauna is awful. I love hot water and my heater and my fireplace. I would die without them.

~Amy

Tyburn
11-30-2009, 09:36 PM
You're a hoot. I hope you are keeping Jens warm. That little bird might not do well with the cold. I hope you feel better. Being sick is no fun and being sick with not enough hot water to sit in the tub and make it like a sauna is awful. I love hot water and my heater and my fireplace. I would die without them.

~Amy

Jens has feathers :mellow: He's not even puffed up, which is what he does when he's cold. Dear me...the problem obviously lies with me...if it were anywhere near as cold as I feel, then Jens would be sleeping and puffed up...but he's wide awake and eating his mineral block...even Lauzon is hoping around

only I feel cold :angry::laugh:

County Mike
12-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Do you have heat yet? If not, you need to at least get an electric space heater and keep it in whichever room you're in.

Was -5 C here this morning and I was thinking, no way I'd want this without a heated house. Dave must be freezing.

Tyburn
12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Dont worry, your body will keep you warm :tongue0011:

:laugh:

I had my fire cleaned, and now I use it without worry of being gassed :blink:

Lauzon loves the warmth, Jens doesnt seem to even notice the tempriture difference :rolleyes:

Play The Man
12-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Dont worry, your body will keep you warm :tongue0011:

:laugh:

I had my fire cleaned, and now I use it without worry of being gassed :blink:

Lauzon loves the warmth, Jens doesnt seem to even notice the tempriture difference :rolleyes:

Where do you get the wood?

Tyburn
12-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Where do you get the wood?

:blink: I dont.

Its a GAS fire :ashamed:

philips4
12-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Well I have been bundled up for our winter weather here, It was down in the 50's and rainy and I couldn't pull myself away from being bundled up in front of the fire....luckily the bad weather passed and its sunny and back in the 80's now! Did I mention I live in San Diego? See Amy, I told you that you should come visit....can't beat the weather!:cool:

TexasRN
12-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Well I have been bundled up for our winter weather here, It was down in the 50's and rainy and I couldn't pull myself away from being bundled up in front of the fire....luckily the bad weather passed and its sunny and back in the 80's now! Did I mention I live in San Diego? See Amy, I told you that you should come visit....can't beat the weather!:cool:

I've already told the bf that I am going to visit you and warned him that I may drag him along! I just have to figure out a time. :laugh: It may snow here this weekend. :unsure-1:

~Amy