PDA

View Full Version : The Harvest, Big Boy's and their Toy's

Silverback
11-30-2009, 04:41 AM
I found out a while back if I didn't have a very good week I could get on the phone and call a buddy of mine and he would come up with the right answer, and as usual the Sissyboy stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. Last week was a challenge, seemed like everything went wrong, by the end of the week I needed something to get my mind off of it and just enjoy hanging out with some good friends and feeling like I was accomplishing something. Just so happened Mark and the Nat-R needed a hand and it was just what the doctor ordered, so off I went to the farm. Now when you go to the farm it's like kick back and relax and this time it was let's go shell some corn and play with the big toys and that is what I do best, heavy equipment, and they have the best when it comes to farming. So in the field's we go, game plan, Mark would do the shelling with the combine, Silverback would do the loading of the truck and Nat-R's wagon's with the big tractor and auger wagon. Mark and Matt's dad would come thru and check-up on us, make sure we was doing it right, and Matt came along on Saturday with his tractor and fixed the creek crossing for Mark for Sunday and you got to love it when a plan come's together. Oh almost forgot that Emily, Marshall, Griffen, and the lovely Lola did the lunch thing on Saturday and met us for dinner Saturday night, oh yea Griffen came out Saturday and made sure Mark was running the combine just right and gave him a few pointer's before going back home with Mom. Then on Sunday, before we started in the field's, Mark thought it would be a good ideal if I went to church with him and I agreed because one thing that had happened last week was my mother had to be taken to the hospital and yes going to church was the right thing to do, so Mark thanks for letting me tag along that helped. So this weekend was something that I really needed, and plus I enjoyed every minute of it, and the best part is Mark think's I helped him. Thank's Buddy.
:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

MattHughesRocks
11-30-2009, 05:55 AM
Cool dudes :happy0159:

NateR
11-30-2009, 06:02 AM
You forgot to mention the part where you dinged up Mark's new auger wagon. :Whistle:

Silverback
11-30-2009, 06:15 AM
You forgot to mention the part where you dinged up Mark's new auger wagon. :Whistle:

No I didn't, wanted you to do that:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

MattHughesRocks
11-30-2009, 06:18 AM
You should have just denied it to the death...and hope he didn't have any pictures :ninja:

Silverback
11-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Cool dudes :happy0159:

Hey did you notice, I got my hat.:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

Silverback
11-30-2009, 06:26 AM

I dinged, I fix, :Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
11-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Yep. It was even cooler then all you dudes :laugh: Maybe Santa will send me one :)

Hey did you notice, I got my hat.:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

Neezar
11-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Nice pics. Sounds like fun, too.

Silverback
11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
A few more picture's. And as NateR pointed out, I did ding the auger wagon, yes I am very disappointed in myself for allowing that to happen, I have operated heavy equipment for many years, that is my job, but as in life you learn by your mistakes.:ashamed:

Llamafighter
11-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Great tale Silverback. Really makes me homesick Harvest was always my favorite time of the year.

Llamafighter
11-30-2009, 01:36 PM

Tattle tail :laugh::laugh: