PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods rushed to hospital

MattHughesRocks
11-27-2009, 07:21 PM
I guess it just happened so there really aren't any details yet.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/class-221460-div-wirebodytext.html

MattHughesRocks
11-27-2009, 07:25 PM
How fast could he have been going? :blink:

Authorities: Tiger Woods seriously hurt in crash

(AP) 19 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. Tiger Woods was seriously injured early Friday when he hit a fire hydrant and a tree near his Florida home, authorities said.

The Florida Highway Patrol said the PGA star hit the fire hydrant and tree as he pulled out of his driveway in his 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. Officials there did not have record of him as a patient, though the news release said Woods' injuries were serious.

The highway patrol said the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.

Woods, 33, owns a home in the exclusive subdivision of Isleworth near Orlando. Orange County property records indicate his home is valued at $2.4 million.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ittTFCRuwinSaWLa0oesRehTxoMwD9C831AG0

Bonnie
11-27-2009, 07:49 PM
I just saw this too. That was my ?, how fast could he have been going. They said he backed out of his driveway, hit a hydrant and then a tree in front of one of his neighbor's house (not his).

And, what charges would they have against him: failure to control his vehicle? :unsure-1:

They said his injuries were serious. Oh, and, apparently it happened about 12 hours ago at 2 something in the a.m. Wonder where he was going at that time of the morning? He obviously should have stayed in bed or gone to bed. Hope he is going to be okay.

MattHughesRocks
11-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Now the news is reporting that it was a minor accident and Tiger is already at home.Good for Tiger.

Bonnie
11-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Now the news is reporting that it was a minor accident and Tiger is already at home.Good for Tiger.

Geez Louise, the way they were talking earlier I thought he might not make it. Stupid news people.

J.B.
11-27-2009, 08:26 PM
he backed out of his driveway and over a fire hydrant, then drove straight into a tree in his neighbor's yard at 2 in the morning and people think it's NOT alcohol related?

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/56/Lollercoaster.gif

rearnakedchoke
11-27-2009, 11:11 PM
he is part asian ... i guess we know where he gets his driving skills from

rockdawg21
11-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Minor facial cuts. Ironically, his wife used a golf club to get him out of the car by breaking out the back window :laugh:

He'll be fine.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/10438782/Authorities:-Tiger-Woods-seriously-hurt-in-crash?GT1=39002

J.B.
11-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Now they are saying that this accident came 2 days after a tabloid published a story that Tiger was having an affair...weird

cubsfan47
11-28-2009, 05:34 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well here (http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/) is the latest.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. :tongue0011:

rearnakedchoke
12-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I hope he signed a pre-nup so she don't get half his week check ...

Tiger Woods has released the following statement regarding the recent affair allegations.

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2009/12/tiger-woods-admits-to-affairs-i-have-let-my-family-down.html#ixzz0YY2fDFRe

Neezar
12-02-2009, 03:42 PM
I hope he signed a pre-nup so she don't get half his week check ...

Tiger Woods has released the following statement regarding the recent affair allegations.

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2009/12/tiger-woods-admits-to-affairs-i-have-let-my-family-down.html#ixzz0YY2fDFRe

I think people should leave him and his family alone.

rearnakedchoke
12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I think people should leave him and his family alone.

I agree .. doesn't matter that he is a pro athlete or famous, people are talking like they have the right to know what's going on ... either they are extremely nosy, or their lives are so boring that they rely on others to fulfill some sort of inaction that has left a void in their own lives .. i am gonna assume it is the latter taking into consideration the amount of money that gossip mags and paparazzi make