PDA

View Full Version : Frank Mir: "Fedor Wants No Part Of Facing Real Competition"

snakerattle79
11-26-2009, 06:29 PM
http://www.cagereport.net/Frank-Mir-Fedor-wants-to-part-of-facing-real-competition.html

Whilst Kongo is renowned for his striking abilities, Mir is confident that he could contend with the hard hitting French striker on the feet and views this as a great opportunity to showcase some striking abilities of his own.

"I mean I wasn't supposed to beat Nogueira standing and look what happened there. I'm confident that I can strike with Cheick [Kongo] and make it competitive, my punches are a lot quicker than his, plus I know how to work angles better, trust me I know how to shut guys off. The thing is if I were to go out there and submit him in less than a minute It would prove nothing, a true martial artists would want to challenge himself and the challenge presented in front of me right now is to out-strike someone who on paper is the better striker."

When asked if he would re-sign with the UFC once the remainder of his current contract expires, Mir revealed no intentions of signing elsewhere.

"Not really, the UFC have been good to me over the years, I don't see any reason for me to leave or go elsewhere. I want that rematch with Brock before I even think that far down the line."

Mir has been known to be critical of Fedor Emelianenko in the past, the man who many regard as the number one heavyweight in MMA, Mir however tends to disagree with this notion.

"No disrespect to Rogers but other than Arlovski he hasn't really beaten anyone noteworthy. I don't see how beating a guy like that solidifies Fedor as being number one pound for pound. I would still rank guys like Anderson [Silva], Miguel Torres and St Pierre above Fedor as far as pound for pound rankings go. Do I think I could beat Fedor? of course, but now I'll never get the opportunity to prove it since [Fedor's] made it clear that he wants no part of facing real competition."

Maldonado136
11-26-2009, 06:37 PM
this reminds me of when tim said fedor was a "tiny little s**t". didnt go so well for him lol

Via Con Dios
11-26-2009, 07:05 PM
funny, he considers beating big nog multiple times not a noteworthy accomplishment.

interesting comment from a guy who is himself obviously proud of his win over big nog.

atomdanger
11-26-2009, 08:22 PM
""I mean I wasn't supposed to beat Nogueira standing"
No no Frank, you got it wrong, you aren't suppose to beat him on the ground.

I love all these HW's who are much lower on the ladder than Fedor all think he should come to them.
That isn't how it works, the top dog doesn't come to you, you go to him.
If Frank, or Lesnar or Carwin had any interest in fighting Fedor they would chase him, yet they do not.
The best doesn't chase down challengers, challengers chase the best.

Jason 16
11-26-2009, 08:28 PM
so he still doesnt belive that nog had staph even after he owned randy. if there was a rematch nog would own him on his feet let alone some one like congo. I see mir going to sleep if he goes into this fight with a big head

que
11-26-2009, 09:55 PM
frank mir is an idiot but he is right here. fedor wants nothing to do with facing real competition. if he wanted to face real competition then he would have signed with UFC not strikeforce. lol@ choosing to fight brett freaking rodgers over an instant title shot against brock lesnar. what a joke.

atomdanger
11-27-2009, 12:07 AM
frank mir is an idiot but he is right here. fedor wants nothing to do with facing real competition. if he wanted to face real competition then he would have signed with UFC not strikeforce. lol@ choosing to fight brett freaking rodgers over an instant title shot against brock lesnar. what a joke.

In fairness to all involved...
Brett Rogers is a more accomplished mixed martial artist than Brock.
Fedor doesn't have the concept that if you hold a UFC belt you're automatically the best fighter in the world.
(like most ufc fans seem to)

Brock has two worthwhile wins.
I think Brock would beat Brett,
but I don't think its fair to act like Brett Rogers is a complete nobody.

The best fighter in the world is outside the UFC,
if Brock Lesnar had any interest in fighting the best in the world he wouldn't have gone to the UFC.
His interest was in making money.
Same with Frank Mir, he could have easily gone after Fedor after his wreck,
and at that time the UFC had even less HW's, did he chase the best? no.

Chuck
11-27-2009, 03:07 AM
In fairness to all involved...
Brett Rogers is a more accomplished mixed martial artist than Brock.
Fedor doesn't have the concept that if you hold a UFC belt you're automatically the best fighter in the world.
(like most ufc fans seem to)

Brock has two worthwhile wins.
I think Brock would beat Brett,
but I don't think its fair to act like Brett Rogers is a complete nobody.

The best fighter in the world is outside the UFC,
if Brock Lesnar had any interest in fighting the best in the world he wouldn't have gone to the UFC.
His interest was in making money.
Same with Frank Mir, he could have easily gone after Fedor after his wreck,
and at that time the UFC had even less HW's, did he chase the best? no.

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/lazyassindian/muthugger.jpg

Your post is just silly bro. It defies logic to think that anybody should chase Fedor... the UFC is clearly the elite MMA organization on planet Earth. To think that any fighter should turn their back on it to go to a much lesser organization is lunacy.

If Fedor wants to be remembered as the best or even one of the best MMA artists out their it's ON HIM to fight the best fighters.. he controls his own legacy. He's had multiple chances to fight in the UFC and he chooses not to based on greed, fear or both.

bj44
11-27-2009, 03:46 AM
The whole UFC hw division is injured and the champ might never fight again.... Better competition my ass :laugh:

rockdawg21
11-27-2009, 04:19 AM
I halfway agree with Mir, but at the same time, I feel Fedor did what was best for him and M-1 as the UFC clearly doesn't want to deal with co-promoting and building M-1, and I don't blame them.

Neezar
11-27-2009, 04:27 AM
""I mean I wasn't supposed to beat Nogueira standing"
No no Frank, you got it wrong, you aren't suppose to beat him on the ground.

I love all these HW's who are much lower on the ladder than Fedor all think he should come to them.
That isn't how it works, the top dog doesn't come to you, you go to him.
If Frank, or Lesnar or Carwin had any interest in fighting Fedor they would chase him, yet they do not.
The best doesn't chase down challengers, challengers chase the best.

I have never thought of it that way but that is true. They always say that Fedor doesn't want to fight the best or he would be in the UFC. So same should be true for those guys. If they have any interest in fighting the best then they should go to the best.

donaldbreland
11-27-2009, 04:57 AM
People shouldn't have to chase Fedor. In all reality he should chase them. Being in the UFC is equivalent to Brett Farve being in the NFL instead of joining the AFL. Fighters should want to prove that they are the best and the UFC has the best fighters in the world. I said it once and I will say it again. I think the top 3 heavyweights in the UFC can beat Fedor. I don't think Fedor could beat Brock. Brock is too strong and hits like a freight train. I think if Brock fought Fedor tomorrow, Brock would win. I want to see Fedor beat the best guys in the world.

donaldbreland
11-27-2009, 05:07 AM
To finish what I was saying. I do think Fedor is a very good fighter but I don't want him to come to the UFC when he is over the hill. I want to see him there soon. I don't want people to throw up the excuse that he would have dominated 5 years earlier. I think the next 2 years are going to be Fedors best years and I want to see him fight in the UFC. I also want to see Rogers there as well. I say get rid of Gonzaga and bring in Brett.

atomdanger
11-27-2009, 05:17 AM
People shouldn't have to chase Fedor. In all reality he should chase them. Being in the UFC is equivalent to Brett Farve being in the NFL instead of joining the AFL. Fighters should want to prove that they are the best and the UFC has the best fighters in the world. I said it once and I will say it again. I think the top 3 heavyweights in the UFC can beat Fedor. I don't think Fedor could beat Brock. Brock is too strong and hits like a freight train. I think if Brock fought Fedor tomorrow, Brock would win. I want to see Fedor beat the best guys in the world.

You cannot compare team sports to individual sports, it doesn't work.

atomdanger
11-27-2009, 05:19 AM

What basis do you have for that?
Brock is 1 - 1 with Frank Mir.
Fedor has two insane wins over Big Nog.
Who are your top 3 UFC HW's?

Sorry, but the UFC does have a lot of great fighters,
and a bigger stable than any other company,
but they DO NOT have the best fighters in the world at every weight class.

HW and LW are lacking,
esp LW, other than BJ.

atomdanger
11-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Your post is just silly bro. It defies logic to think that anybody should chase Fedor... the UFC is clearly the elite MMA organization on planet Earth. To think that any fighter should turn their back on it to go to a much lesser organization is lunacy.

If Fedor wants to be remembered as the best or even one of the best MMA artists out their it's ON HIM to fight the best fighters.. he controls his own legacy. He's had multiple chances to fight in the UFC and he chooses not to based on greed, fear or both.

How is it silly? Champions don't chase challengers, challengers chase champions.
Its a joke to think Fedor needs to come the UFC to fight a guy with 5 fights.
A complete joke.

24 months ago Brock Lesnar was NOTHING in mma,
and at this point he may never fight again.

And no offense, but a "much lesser" organization?
Dream signs one fight deals, if you wanted to fight Fedor you could sign for a one fight deal then sign with the UFC for your life binding contract.

atomdanger
11-27-2009, 05:23 AM
For the record, I want Fedor in the UFC,
but I am not completely blinded by Dana White and I realize that there is talent outside the UFC,
annnd the UFC is the biggest name in MMA in the states,
but that doesn't mean its where everybody needs to be.

donaldbreland
11-27-2009, 05:37 AM
So instead of fighting a champion with 5 fights. He decides to fight a guy with 9 fights who is not a champion.

bj44
11-27-2009, 08:07 AM

Brocks knocked out one person and hes a lhw.... how does that constitute hitting like a freight train... He couldnt even finish herring..... Fedor beat the **** out of a prime heath herring before his knee injuries

atomdanger
11-27-2009, 10:55 AM
So instead of fighting a champion with 5 fights. He decides to fight a guy with 9 fights who is not a champion.

In fairness, a belt means nothing.
its a symbol a company gives its "top" fighter.
Its much more about who you've fought, and how you've beat them, than titles.

Just in the same sense how a black belt means nothing,
its the skills that matter, not the belt.

See where I'm going?

County Mike
11-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Mir is funny. How many people really think Mir will try to fight Kongo standing?

I think Mir will take Kongo down the first chance he gets.

rearnakedchoke
11-27-2009, 01:18 PM
please, let there be a mir/brock rubber match ... i can't believe this moron is still talking after the beating he took from brock ...

KevinD
11-27-2009, 02:18 PM
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/lazyassindian/muthugger.jpg

*****Its all over, this post has just won the BEST POST OF THE YEAR AWARD***** Thank you Chuck!

rockdawg21
11-27-2009, 03:20 PM
please, let there be a mir/brock rubber match ... i can't believe this moron is still talking after the beating he took from brock ...
LOL, and not only that, he was just fortunate the first match ended up the way it did. He caught Brock, but he was messed up from the beginning of the fight. IMO, Mazz saved his ass.

rearnakedchoke
11-27-2009, 04:35 PM
LOL, and not only that, he was just fortunate the first match ended up the way it did. He caught Brock, but he was messed up from the beginning of the fight. IMO, Mazz saved his ass.

true, but in that first fight, brock was using those quick, short hammerfists and probably woulda had the fight stopped with minimal damage had mazz not stepped in (not that they wouldn't hurt like hell)... the second fight, after mir opened his mouth that the shots were more annoying than painful, brock decided to put something more into them and we saw the result ...

Chuck
11-28-2009, 03:33 AM
How is it silly? Champions don't chase challengers, challengers chase champions.
The only time you need to chase somebody is if they're running from you. Think about it bro :wink:

Its a joke to think Fedor needs to come the UFC to fight a guy with 5 fights.
A complete joke.
I didn't say that. I simply said the best fighters are in the UFC. Fedor doesn't need to do anything. But avoiding the UFC will and already has tarnished his legacy. But I don't really care to be honest. How he want's to be remembered in the history of MMA is up to him. It matters not to me my friend.

24 months ago Brock Lesnar was NOTHING in mma,
and at this point he may never fight again.
Agreed brother. But what's your point? I never mentioned Brock.....

And no offense, but a "much lesser" organization?
Every organization out there is a lesser organization when compared to the UFC. Don't be mad brother... it's just the facts...nothing we can really do about it bro.

Dream signs one fight deals, if you wanted to fight Fedor you could sign for a one fight deal then sign with the UFC for your life binding contract.
I hope by "you" you're referring to fighters in general and not me specifically. I'm sure as hell not fighting Fedor.. that guy would kill me!!! But Fedor doesn't fight for Dream anymore ( I believe :huh:) so I'm not sure what exactly your point is?

MattHughesRocks
11-28-2009, 03:39 AM
The point is...Fedor is coming to kick your butt.Run .

I hope by "you" you're referring to fighters in general and not me specifically. I'm sure as hell not fighting Fedor.. that guy would kill me!!! But Fedor doesn't fight for Dream anymore ( I believe :huh:) so I'm not sure what exactly your point is?

que
11-28-2009, 03:56 AM

http://www.able.state.pa.us/able/lib/able/distance/success_key.jpg

Neezar
11-28-2009, 04:44 AM

That statement is in poor taste in my opinion and clearly only speculation. I thought you were better than that.

Neezar
11-28-2009, 04:50 AM

Yet you believe that Fedor should turn his back on the people who have gotten him where he is today just for the sake of money. He has clearly stated that he has no interest in being named the best ever. So what would be his motivation then to turn his back on his family, his friends, and his country?

What defies logic is how anyone can still refuse to try to see things from his point of view. Well unless it is blind hatred, of course.

atomdanger
11-28-2009, 07:53 AM

Fedor has an open contract, and will fight in Dream.

I beleive you're thinking of Pride, that he used to fight in.
He has yet to fight in Dream, but will fight Barnett in Dream.
So, my point is, if fighters wanted to fight Fedor, its really easy,
yet they do not.

Chuck
11-28-2009, 11:20 AM
That statement is in poor taste in my opinion and clearly only speculation. I thought you were better than that.
:happy0198:

I think you're a little beyond "nut hugging" when it comes to Fedor... if I posted a picture of it....well..... it'd be kinda hot.... but I'd get banned!! :wink:
Share an opinion that doesn't worship Fedor and it simply must be in poor tastes... LOL!!

Yet you believe that Fedor should turn his back on the people who have gotten him where he is today just for the sake of money. He has clearly stated that he has no interest in being named the best ever. So what would be his motivation then to turn his back on his family, his friends, and his country?

What defies logic is how anyone can still refuse to try to see things from his point of view. Well unless it is blind hatred, of course.

Who said anything about money??? What on earth does this have to do with turning your back on friends, family and COUNTRY??? So any fighter who's fought for a different organization is turning their back on friends, family and country??? WOW!!!

Sipping the holiday wine eh? :laugh: Drunk posting is a no no!!!

Chuck
11-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Fedor has an open contract, and will fight in Dream.

I beleive you're thinking of Pride, that he used to fight in.
He has yet to fight in Dream, but will fight Barnett in Dream.
So, my point is, if fighters wanted to fight Fedor, its really easy,
yet they do not.

Nope, I wasn't thinking of PRIDE... I just didn't know his last contract (3 fights) with Strikeforce was an open one :wink:

Quid Pro Quo my friend.... it's been reported many times that the UFC offered Fedor a 1 fight contract... so it would be equally easy for him to fight someone in the UFC.

UFC fighters do not have open contracts... so they can not sign a 1 fight deal in Dream for example. Fedor does have an open contract and has been reportedly offered a 1 fight deal (no champions clause etc.) in the UFC. He didn't take it. From that alone it would appear that Fedor has no desire to fight current UFC fighters. He's quite happy feasting on the rejects and cut fighters from the UFC instead. :wink:

Neezar
11-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Who said anything about money??? What on earth does this have to do with turning your back on friends, family and COUNTRY??? So any fighter who's fought for a different organization is turning their back on friends, family and country??? WOW!!!

Sipping the holiday wine eh? :laugh: Drunk posting is a no no!!!

So apparently you haven't even considered the reasons that Fedor gives for not signing the first time around with UFC. You just pick two out of the air, greed and/or fear, and run with it.

Low even for you, Chuck. I must say that I am disturbingly worried about you. :unsure-1:

bj44
11-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Nope, I wasn't thinking of PRIDE... I just didn't know his last contract (3 fights) with Strikeforce was an open one :wink:

Quid Pro Quo my friend.... it's been reported many times that the UFC offered Fedor a 1 fight contract... so it would be equally easy for him to fight someone in the UFC.

UFC fighters do not have open contracts... so they can not sign a 1 fight deal in Dream for example. Fedor does have an open contract and has been reportedly offered a 1 fight deal (no champions clause etc.) in the UFC. He didn't take it. From that alone it would appear that Fedor has no desire to fight current UFC fighters. He's quite happy feasting on the rejects and cut fighters from the UFC instead. :wink:

yeah Tim sylvia was really a ufc reject.. He had a ufc title shot his last fight in the UFC....Arlovski was on a 3 fight winning streak when he left.... Stop hating/trolling your making yourself look silly

Via Con Dios
11-28-2009, 08:18 PM
you guys are so silly...

fedor has already proven himself to be one of the very best fighters to ever step in the ring.

the dudes got nothing to prove. no fighter lasts forever. little girls like frank mir and all the people who think fedor should sell his soul to the UFC are just plain wrong. Fedor's accomplishments in the sport have already been made, and cannot be denied. for a douche like Mir to try and say fedor has not beat anyone noteworthy is just ignorant. Frank Mir is only gaining douchebaggery points with comments like that.

donaldbreland
11-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Mir would knock Fedor out with his superb striking skills. I can't believe y'all can't see this.

bj44
11-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Mir would knock Fedor out with his superb striking skills. I can't believe y'all can't see this.

cough brandon vera cough

F34R
11-29-2009, 12:28 AM
cough brandon vera cough

cough sarcasm cough. :rolleyes:

bj44
11-29-2009, 01:17 AM
cough sarcasm cough. :rolleyes:

have you seen an of donalds other posts.... Hes not being sarcastic :rolleyes: lol

atomdanger
11-29-2009, 01:27 AM

All SF contracts are open contracts,
Fedor has yet to fight in Dream, so I assumed you meant Pride when you said he doesn't fight in Dream anymore.

LMAO
Show me ONE report of the UFC offering Fedor a 1 fight deal?
Dana has absolutely said 100 times he would not offer Fedor a 1 fight deal,
that would make no sense for Zuffa at all.
The UFC never, ever offers "big names" 1 fight deals,
those are for guys we've never heard of.

UFC fighters can fight ONE fight outside the UFC when thier contract is up,
then come right back.
For instance, loud mouth Frank Mir could have easily gone somewhere else,
fought Fedor, then come back to the UFC.
(He recently re - signed)
He chose not to. Fedor cannot do that same thing,
If he wants to sign Brock, he has to stay with the UFC forever.

I don't know where you keep hearing Fedor was offered a one fight deal lol
The "Current" UFC fighters you're talking about were nobody's 2 years ago,
and will probably be nobody's 2 years from now.
Fedor has earned the right to fight whoever he wants,
and AA was on a 5 fight win streak, and left the UFC in a 3 fight streak.
He wasn't exactly a reject lol.

donaldbreland
11-29-2009, 07:53 AM
lol bj44 that was the only time i was being sarcastic.

bj44
11-29-2009, 08:59 AM
lol bj44 that was the only time i was being sarcastic.

so you wernt being sarcastic when you said tito would beat anderson silva lol

donaldbreland
12-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Unfortunately no lol.

CAVEMAN
12-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Just my 2 cents, Fedor has laid waste 2 former UFC HW Champions in dominating fashion.
Does Randy C. who is on the "back nine" when it comes to age pose a threat to Fedor? NO!
Does Frank Mir pose a threat to Fedor? NO!
Does Big Nog pose a threat to Fedor? UH, NO, Fedor has already been there, done that!
Does Gabriel Gonzaga pose a threat to Fedor? NO!
Does Brock pose a threat to Fedor? Maybe!

So to say the UFC has the best competition for him is a real stretch!:)