PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Video Game Franchise

J.B.
11-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Just thought I would raise a discussion on what the forum's favorite VG franchises are... :)

I don't care about debating numbers...

However, talk about why your pick is the best, even if your pick is not on this list, is definitely encouraged. :)

jason2130
11-24-2009, 06:40 PM
final fantasy :D

was a toss up between gta and zelda though, i dont like the zelda on the wii though (give me back the old controllers! i play games cause im lazy and waving my arms around is not lazy!)

Maldonado136
11-24-2009, 07:55 PM
man thats like picking which i like better between pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie...they taste the same!! i chose sonic though because i grew up playing sonic more than mario or FF.

billwilliams70
11-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Gotta go with Madden.

I love me some football.

Later.

Maldonado136
11-24-2009, 08:30 PM
check this video out it explains the truth about super mario bros 2. it has f bombs but its pretty informative and humorous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjYYFOGE3k&feature=fvw

Buzzard
11-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Civilization. Many nights turned into many early mornings because of "just one more turn."

Madden Football until they screwed the PC gamers.

mscomc
11-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Grand Theft AUTO all the way.....

For me that game just set the tone for a character going around a place and doing anything. Gta IV was just incredible. It is all the little things you can do....
go to a bar, take girlfriends out on dates, call the cops to help you while you are a shootout with your own enemies, parachute out of a plane...and usually the plots are good. They get really awesome actors to come and do voices, like: ray liotta, frank vincent, danny trejo etc etc

Chuck
11-24-2009, 11:14 PM
How is Gran Turismo not on here JB??? :punch:

J.B.
11-25-2009, 01:00 AM
How is Gran Turismo not on here JB??? :punch:

Thats actually a great question Chuck. I thought about adding a racing game to the list, but for the most part racing games have just not stacked up against other big franchises.

I was torn between GTA and Zelda, but I had to pick Zelda in the end. :laugh:

Chuck
11-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Thats actually a great question Chuck. I thought about adding a racing game to the list, but for the most part racing games have just not stacked up against other big franchises.

I was torn between GTA and Zelda, but I had to pick Zelda in the end. :laugh:

That must be because you stink at it!!!! :D

J.B.
11-25-2009, 01:30 AM
That must be because you stink at it!!!! :D

LOL, how did you know? :laugh:

Actually, I really loved Gran Turismo 4 :wink:

NateR
11-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Legend of Zelda.

Thread closed. :wink:

J.B.
11-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Legend of Zelda.

For some reason, I knew we would probably be the only Zelda voters, lol

Hey, what's your favorite Zelda game? For me, it's gotta be Ocarina of Time.

rockdawg21
11-25-2009, 03:04 AM
Ghost Recon was absent, at least you could have made an "other" category. GTA III is my all-time favorite game though so I went with GTA.

J.B.
11-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Ghost Recon was absent, at least you could have made an "other" category. GTA III is my all-time favorite game though so I went with GTA.

I thought about making a "Tom Clancy" category, but again... it didn't stack up against the big dogs..lol

Buzzard
11-25-2009, 06:03 AM
I used to be involved in a lot of simulation games, the two best being the IL2 Sturmovik franchise for the flight sims and rFactor for racing sim.

IL2 was great because you could have massive furballs or do historical type scenarios. Track IR is a must for simulations and is such a great tool for immersion. I was in a squad for awhile and loved flying the heavy bombers having fighter support and all communicating on Ventrilo. Flying in formation was a challenge and was needed to keep the fighters at bay.

I was also in a racing league for rFactor and what a blast that was. The great thing about our league was that everyone drove like a professional and didn't intentionally wreck. They even had a 24 hours of Lemans race where drivers drove in shifts. That was the year after I got out of it due to my work schedule.

There are great vids of both games on youtube. If you like hardcore sims, those were the ones for me.

logrus
11-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Legend of Zelda.

I would have voted for Zelda but it had more flops then it did enjoyable games for me.

rockdawg21
11-25-2009, 12:46 PM
I thought about making a "Tom Clancy" category, but again... it didn't stack up against the big dogs..lol
Depends how you view it. I sold my PS2 and all of the games just so I can buy an XBox 360 to play G.R.A.W. (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter). The COD series doesn't hold a candle to GRAW.

Buc Nasty
11-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Depends how you view it. I sold my PS2 and all of the games just so I can buy an XBox 360 to play G.R.A.W. (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter). The COD series doesn't hold a candle to GRAW.

I prefer the Rainbow Six Vegas games, pity there's only two of them!

How are Street Fighter and Guitar Hero not listed! :Whistle:

rockdawg21
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
I prefer the Rainbow Six Vegas games, pity there's only two of them!

How are Street Fighter and Guitar Hero not listed! :Whistle:
LOL, I loved Street Fighter back on the SNES, played it all the time back in my early teens.

As for Guitar Queero, well, I still have yet to understand why people would spend so much time trying to get good at that rather than getting good at playing a real guitar:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155857/?searchterm=Guitar+Queer-o

and

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/163728/?searchterm=Guitar+Queer-o

:laugh: