PDA

View Full Version : Eye doc may lose license after calling patient fat

rockdawg21
11-23-2009, 05:50 PM
What an idiot, but it's still funny!

At the very least, the doctor is correct about the health issues, and I agree with him that she's being irresponsible for "relying on taxpayers to pay for another pregnancy," but not for unemployment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091121/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_brusque_doctor;_ylt=AhmES6kKkBMq.tn0YA.Acsf tiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJxZjg1ajRkBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMTI xL3VzX29kZF9icnVzcXVlX2RvY3RvcgRwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fY XJ0aWNsZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA2V5ZWRvY21heWxvcw--
Eye doc may lose license after calling patient fat

Fri Nov 20, 8:11 pm ET

RALEIGH, N.C. – A North Carolina doctor could lose his medical license after a patient complained he made cutting criticisms, including telling her she was fat. The News & Observer of Raleigh reported the North Carolina Medical Board will decide if Dr. Earl Sunderhaus of Asheville overstepped the bounds of professional decency.

The eye doctor's patient complained Sunderhaus poked her thigh and told her she is fat, and also scolded her as irresponsible for being unemployed and relying on taxpayers to pay for another pregnancy.

Sunderhaus admitted he told the patient that her thick thighs and diabetes could cause her to go blind.

He made his points again by writing the patient, Gov. Beverly Perdue and blasting the medical board.

County Mike
11-23-2009, 06:20 PM
If she's fat, I don't see the crime.

From the description in the article, "fat waste" sounds more appropriate.

Llamafighter
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
She was having vision problems.
She couldn't see herself excercising and eating healthy.

rearnakedchoke
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
maybe he meant she was phat ...

oh well ...

Crisco
11-23-2009, 09:39 PM
fatties are so whiney.

County Mike
11-23-2009, 09:40 PM
fatties are so whiney.

LOL

rockdawg21
11-23-2009, 10:13 PM
fatties are so whiney.
LOL, this is true.

I find it stupid that it's not considered "ok" to heckle fatties. People heckle "skinny" people and smokers, yet, "skinny" people tend to be much healthier than fatties and, well, obesity-related deaths and illnesses far outweigh :laugh: deaths and illnesses caused by smoking.

Crisco
11-23-2009, 10:18 PM
LOL, this is true.

I find it stupid that it's not considered "ok" to heckle fatties. People heckle "skinny" people and smokers, yet, "skinny" people tend to be much healthier than fatties and, well, obesity-related deaths and illnesses far outweigh :laugh: deaths and illnesses caused by smoking.

It's not fatties fault that they eat Mickey D's 3 times a day... Mickey D's should have told them they would get fat.

We can't make fun of fat people because it's like having a mental illness. It's not their fault they eat themselves nearly to death dude.

rockdawg21
11-23-2009, 10:29 PM
It's not fatties fault that they eat Mickey D's 3 times a day... Mickey D's should have told them they would get fat.

We can't make fun of fat people because it's like having a mental illness. It's not their fault they eat themselves nearly to death dude.
So, is it also the gym's fault they are too lazy to drive there and use it?

I have the cure, maybe Mickey D's should make a "fat ass" playground. They have them there for the whiny little kids, so why not have it for the whiny fatasses too?

Crisco
11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
So, is it also the gym's fault they are too lazy to drive there and use it?

I have the cure, maybe Mickey D's should make a "fat ass" playground. They have them there for the whiny little kids, so why not have it for the whiny fatasses too?

Yes it is the gyms fault.

I think Mickey D's should be put out of business for forcing these people to eat their products.

J.B.
11-23-2009, 11:14 PM
LOL, this is true.

I find it stupid that it's not considered "ok" to heckle fatties.

Since when was it considered OK to heckle anybody?

It don't matter if they are fat, skinny, smoke, don't smoke, whatever. If you are heckling somebody just to heckle them, you are being an assh**e. That's always been the way of the world. :laugh:

Chris F
11-23-2009, 11:45 PM
LOL, this is true.

Far outweigh is a bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you say. Especially when skinny people die of heart disease as well and smoking is a huge factor in that as well. The truth of the matter is the 1 one cause of death is SIN!

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
•Heart disease: 631,636
•Cancer: 559,888
•Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 137,119
•Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 124,583
•Accidents (unintentional injuries): 121,599
•Diabetes: 72,449
•Alzheimer's disease: 72,432
•Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,326
•Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,344
•Septicemia: 34,234

County Mike
11-24-2009, 01:35 AM
The truth of the matter is the 1 one cause of death is SIN!

So how do you explain my survival? :ninja:

Chris F
11-24-2009, 03:43 AM
So how do you explain my survival? :ninja:

Just meaning the bible says death entered the world when sin did. Since we all sin we will die and Jesus the only sinless person had to die because of sins (ours) that is all.