PDA

View Full Version : WEC 44 Payouts

atomdanger
11-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Jose Aldo -- $26,000 ($13,000 to show, $13,000 to win)
Mike Brown - $15,000

Manny Gamburyan -- $36,000 ($18,000 to show, $18,000 to win)
Leonard Garcia -- $14,000

Karen Darabedyan -- $6,000 ($3,000 to show, $3,000 to win)
Rob McCullough -- $20,000

Shane Roller -- $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 to win)
Danny Castillo -- $9,500

Kamal Shalorus -- $6,000 ($3,000 to show, $3,000 to win)
Will Kerr -- $2,000

L.C. Davis -- $14,000 ($7,000 to show, $7,000 to win)
Diego Nunes -- $5,000

Cub Swanson -- $18,000 ($9,000 to show, $9,000 to win)
John Franchi -- $4,000

Antonio Banuelos - $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 to win)
Kenji Osawa -- $6,000

Ricardo Lamas -- $8,000 ($4,000 to show, $4,000 to win)
James Krause -- $2,000

Frank Gomez -- $6,000 ($3,000 to show, $3,000 to win)
Seth Dikun -- $3,000

and fans complain about UFC payouts.
Mike Brown was the Champ and only getting 15?
But Manny is getting 18? O_o

VCURamFan
11-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Haha, Rob lost & still made more than 70% of the winners!:laugh:

Tyburn
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
and fans complain about UFC payouts.
Mike Brown was the Champ and only getting 15?
But Manny is getting 18? O_o

Cub Swanson is VERY overpaid. :angry:

Jason 16
11-27-2009, 10:44 PM
how are most of them makeing a liveing off of this

J.B.
11-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Cub Swanson is VERY overpaid. :angry:

No he's not.

I don't think there is such a thing as "overpaid" when you are talking about Zuffa employees.

Jason 16
11-27-2009, 10:56 PM
No he's not.

I don't think there is such a thing as "overpaid" when you are talking about Zuffa employees.

qft if any thing he is slightly close to what he should be payed just every one else is grossly under payed

Tyburn
11-27-2009, 11:00 PM
No he's not.

Comparatively he is. thats what I meant. :)

atomdanger
11-27-2009, 11:47 PM
how are most of them makeing a liveing off of this

They aren't,
Mike Brown is still the front desk man at ATT.

Sad, the Dream 145 winner got 100K.

Tyburn
11-27-2009, 11:57 PM
They aren't,
Mike Brown is still the front desk man at ATT.

Sad, the Dream 145 winner got 100K.

Indeed...most of them have other jobs also....its a shame because you could argue that if they were free to train full time they would perform better. :unsure-1:

J.B.
11-28-2009, 02:44 AM
Comparatively he is. thats what I meant. :)

To who?

Cub Swanson has somewhat of a recognizable name, even to casual fans of the sport. I think you just don't like him from that beef with Pulver, :laugh:

Tyburn
11-28-2009, 12:26 PM
To who?

Cub Swanson has somewhat of a recognizable name, even to casual fans of the sport. I think you just don't like him from that beef with Pulver, :laugh:

I mean compared to the norm.

I dont like him because he was personally rude to me on myspace. (that was after the "beef with Pulver") and unlike with Matt Riddle (who some people say is justified in his response to me) Cub Swanson started it.

He's not even that much of a recongisable name :laugh:

J.B.
11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I mean compared to the norm.

I dont like him because he was personally rude to me on myspace. (that was after the "beef with Pulver") and unlike with Matt Riddle (who some people say is justified in his response to me) Cub Swanson started it.

He's not even that much of a recongisable name :laugh:

Well, I never really cared much for Cub anyway, so it's not like I am crusading for the guy on any sort of personal level.

However, I would disagree that he is not a recognizable name. Just his name alone is catchy. I know that sounds silly, but you would be surprised at how much that plays a role. I personally know 3 people who are very casual fans and only really watch the sport when it's playing at the local bar, and they even know who Cub Swanson is. I don't think $18,000 is anywhere near being overpaid for a guy like Cub. Plus, you gotta understand that Cub only got paid $9,000. The only reason his purse was doubled was because he won

If you look at each of the fighters pay on this card, it's clear to see that everybody who won got their purses doubled, and the original paydays were only within a couple thousand dollars of each other. That's pretty much what you were arguing for in the other thread, just on a smaller scale because it's the WEC.

Tyburn
11-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, I never really cared much for Cub anyway, so it's not like I am crusading for the guy on any sort of personal level.

However, I would disagree that he is not a recognizable name. Just his name alone is catchy. I know that sounds silly, but you would be surprised at how much that plays a role. I personally know 3 people who are very casual fans and only really watch the sport when it's playing at the local bar, and they even know who Cub Swanson is. I don't think $18,000 is anywhere near being overpaid for a guy like Cub. Plus, you gotta understand that Cub only got paid $9,000. The only reason his purse was doubled was because he won

If you look at each of the fighters pay on this card, it's clear to see that everybody who won got their purses doubled, and the original paydays were only within a couple thousand dollars of each other. That's pretty much what you were arguing for in the other thread, just on a smaller scale because it's the WEC.

yes I get your point about pay scale and name.

my point is...I dont think (within the current climate of normal low pays) that Cub Swanson should have been estimated a worth that big before winning :laugh:

now that could just me being mean :unsure-1::laugh:

J.B.
11-29-2009, 11:12 AM
yes I get your point about pay scale and name.

my point is...I dont think (within the current climate of normal low pays) that Cub Swanson should have been estimated a worth that big before winning :laugh:

now that could just me being mean :unsure-1::laugh:

:laugh:

Yeah, I'd say your being a bit harsh, lol

9 grand is peanuts! As sad as it is to say, a lot of fighters don't have much. Many of them are from tough backgrounds, or straight off the street. One of the best things about the fight game is how many success stories it has created for people who would have probably ended up dead or in jail. What kind of message does it send to young fighters with no job, no education, and no future, when they know they could make more money selling drugs than fighting on cable tv?

I'm not making excuses for poor choices, but merely making a point that fighters should be getting paid a lot more in general.

Tyburn
11-29-2009, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I'd say your being a bit harsh, lol

9 grand is peanuts! As sad as it is to say, a lot of fighters don't have much. Many of them are from tough backgrounds, or straight off the street. One of the best things about the fight game is how many success stories it has created for people who would have probably ended up dead or in jail. What kind of message does it send to young fighters with no job, no education, and no future, when they know they could make more money selling drugs than fighting on cable tv?

I'm not making excuses for poor choices, but merely making a point that fighters should be getting paid a lot more in general.

yes...of course rather pay some a lot more, then noone be paid a lot at all. in this instance Cub was the winner, so he deserves more. :)

I still hate him though :tongue0011:

J.B.
11-29-2009, 12:32 PM
yes...of course rather pay some a lot more, then noone be paid a lot at all. in this instance Cub was the winner, so he deserves more. :)

I still hate him though :tongue0011:

I really do get WHY you believe the winner should get more.

It's just never going to be that way, and it don't need to be.

Jason 16
11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
why dont they go and fight in japan or belator or just some other non zaffa controled org

J.B.
11-29-2009, 04:21 PM
why dont they go and fight in japan or belator or just some other non zaffa controled org

They can, and that can be profitable in the short term for some fighters. However, recent trends have shown that these other orgs just can't stay afloat, or the big names run out of decent fights. Right now, Zuffa has a pretty good lock on the industry.

atomdanger
11-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Indeed...most of them have other jobs also....its a shame because you could argue that if they were free to train full time they would perform better. :unsure-1:

Oh certainly.

Tyburn
11-29-2009, 08:17 PM
I really do get WHY you believe the winner should get more.

It's just never going to be that way, and it don't need to be.

It could and should be that way :wink:

J.B.
11-29-2009, 08:22 PM
It could and should be that way :wink:

http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Pic/I%20Said%20No/I-Said-No.jpg

Tyburn
11-29-2009, 08:45 PM
http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Pic/I%20Said%20No/I-Said-No.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

J.B.
11-29-2009, 09:12 PM
:laugh::laugh:

For the record, I didn't mean to offend anybody with that...

it was just one of the first pictures to come back when I did an image search for "I Said No", and I just couldn't resist....:laugh:

Tyburn
11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
For the record, I didn't mean to offend anybody with that...

it was just one of the first pictures to come back when I did an image search for "I Said No", and I just couldn't resist....:laugh:

:laugh: Even a Roman Catholic would laugh at that me thinks :laugh:

J.B.
11-29-2009, 10:03 PM
:laugh: Even a Roman Catholic would laugh at that me thinks :laugh:

I'm not sure the Pope was too happy with that...:sad: :laugh:

Tyburn
11-29-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure the Pope was too happy with that...:sad: :laugh:

Benedict would aggree...he's a strict conservative :laugh::laugh:

He probably has a sense of humour, he does look like he laughs a lot, he probably has a very dry sense of humour, its common for his...erm...ethnicity.

Besides...I wont tell him, if you dont :laugh:

J.B.
11-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Benedict would aggree...he's a strict conservative :laugh::laugh:

He probably has a sense of humour, he does look like he laughs a lot, he probably has a very dry sense of humour, its common for his...erm...ethnicity.

Besides...I wont tell him, if you dont :laugh:

Oh God...

If I make it to the gates, Peter is gonna be holding a printout of that picture...then he is gonna take big rubber stamp and stamp DENIED right on it! :w00t:

Tyburn
11-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh God...

No...I'm just his Humble Servant :laugh:

J.B.
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
No...I'm just his Humble Servant :laugh:

you're an ass! :laugh:

Tyburn
11-30-2009, 12:45 AM
you're an ass! :laugh:

:laugh: I have one of them too :wink: