PDA

View Full Version : UFC Bans Clinch Gear And RVCA

snakerattle79
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/17/1161064/news-is-that-the-ufc-has-banned

News is that the UFC has banned Clinch Gear (Dan Henderson's MMA Clothing line) after UFC 105. There was a good amount of Clinch Gear shown throughout the CBS Strikeforce broadcast.

There is also a strong rumor that the UFC has banned RVCA after they sponsored Fedor and appeared on the CBS Strikeforce card as well, though the brand has close ties with BJ Penn, so it would definitely be an interesting scenario if the rumor is true.

atomdanger
11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Good god, its getting really out of hand.
You fight in the ufc you get sponsored by tapout, period lol.
Oh ok, maybe sprawl.

Stupid.

Crisco
11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Anyone else see how Gegard was sponsored by clinch gear when he fought soko?

Spiritwalker
11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Good god, its getting really out of hand.
You fight in the ufc you get sponsored by tapout, period lol.
Oh ok, maybe sprawl.

Stupid.

hey hey HEY!!!!!!!

Don't forget about Condom Depot :ninja:

hizo64
11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Seriously? Dude thats lame! Plus I don't ever pay attention to what those guys are wearing.....now that I think about it, I did buy a bunch of RVCA after the Fedor fight....

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Seriously? Dude thats lame! Plus I don't ever pay attention to what those guys are wearing.....now that I think about it, I did buy a bunch of RVCA after the Fedor fight....

They usually bann them if they are an official sponsor of the promotion itself,not because they sponsor specific fighters.
Silver Star seems to be a pretty big sponsor lately.

atomdanger
11-17-2009, 09:08 PM
BJ Penn ran his last training camp at the RVCA warehouse,
I cannot imagine him cutting ties.
I don't know his official relationship with them, but I had assumed he was part owner?

Also, if Dana hadn't pushed Dan completely out the door he certainly has now,
to say you cannot sponsor people who fight for any other company?
Come on.
Basically they are saying if you want to sponsor UFC fighters you can ONLY sponsor UFC fighters.
Pretty silly.

atomdanger
11-17-2009, 09:10 PM
They usually bann them if they are an official sponsor of the promotion itself,not because they sponsor specific fighters.
Silver Star seems to be a pretty big sponsor lately.

Yeah, thats why its confusing, RVCA and Clinch Gear didn't sponsor an event.

VCURamFan
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/17/1161064/news-is-that-the-ufc-has-banned

News is that the UFC has banned Clinch Gear (Dan Henderson's MMA Clothing line) after UFC 105. There was a good amount of Clinch Gear shown throughout the CBS Strikeforce broadcast.

There is also a strong rumor that the UFC has banned RVCA after they sponsored Fedor and appeared on the CBS Strikeforce card as well, though the brand has close ties with BJ Penn, so it would definitely be an interesting scenario if the rumor is true.
Kinda like the strong ties Matt has with OMR? That really saved them. . .

J.B.
11-18-2009, 12:37 AM
hey hey HEY!!!!!!!

Don't forget about Condom Depot :ninja:

Because the gen pop of fight fans care not about where they will be working out next...

but rather where they will be putting their penis next....:)

rockdawg21
11-18-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm going to contact the Affirmative Action office on this. All brands should be treated fairly and equally.

J.B.
11-18-2009, 03:40 AM
I'm going to contact the Affirmative Action office on this. All brands should be treated fairly and equally.

Damn it....you're right..

"PENIS" was technically plural, that changes everything....

Max
11-18-2009, 05:03 AM
B.J. Penn does not own RVCA but they are his number 1 sponsor. On top of that they make his shorts, as well as sell the shorts on B.J.'s website. Not only does RVCA sponsor B.J. but they also sponsor Vitor. I find it hard to believe that B.J. will stay with the UFC if they ban RVCA. I would think that once his contract is up he will leave if the UFC has not unbanned RVCA.

Llamafighter
11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
B.J. Penn does not own RVCA but they are his number 1 sponsor. On top of that they make his shorts, as well as sell the shorts on B.J.'s website. Not only does RVCA sponsor B.J. but they also sponsor Vitor. I find it hard to believe that B.J. will stay with the UFC if they ban RVCA. I would think that once his contract is up he will leave if the UFC has not unbanned RVCA.

based on his blogs it seems that he's really good friends with the RVCA guys and they just built a state of the art gym.

Spiritwalker
11-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Because the gen pop of fight fans care not about where they will be working out next...

but rather where they will be putting their penis next....:)

Well.. if WHERE they gen pop is caring about where tehy are going to place their tools next.. why is it always across the arse of the fighter?????

Look at a guys butt and you think .."Yeah I need some condoms..."

Just ain't right.. I tell ya...

County Mike
11-18-2009, 01:02 PM
I would only wear "Condom Depot" across my front. Don't want any confusion on what part of my body needs the condoms.

billwilliams70
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Very lame move by the UFC. It's sad.

Now, I have no problem with CondomDepot, but why does every male fighter wear the logo on his butt? I know it's for visibility purposes, but that's not a good spot.

Later.

Max
11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Another interesting thing. Its not like RVCA sponsors 20 or 30 fighters, they only sponsor 3. B.J. and Vitor are in the UFC so why kill the main sponsor of 2 of your best fighters?

Spiritwalker
11-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Another interesting thing. Its not like RVCA sponsors 20 or 30 fighters, they only sponsor 3. B.J. and Vitor are in the UFC so why kill the main sponsor of 2 of your best fighters?

No Kick Backs to Dana???? You know he has a ferrari to repair...

Josh
11-18-2009, 06:23 PM

That's a good point. If BJ leaves that is going to really hurt the UFC. Vitor made a pretty good statement his first fight back so that could hurt them a little too.

Max
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
That's a good point. If BJ leaves that is going to really hurt the UFC. Vitor made a pretty good statement his first fight back so that could hurt them a little too.

imagine Strikeforce on CBS Penn vs Aoki

That would draw massive numbers because BJ is a name that casual fans know and BJ is great at selling fights.

atomdanger
11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
imagine Strikeforce on CBS Penn vs Aoki

That would draw massive numbers because BJ is a name that casual fans know and BJ is great at selling fights.

Oh god wouldn't that be a little like heaven?
I want to see that fight BAD.

That would do HUGE numbers,
and as we've seen before BJ isn't afraid to walk away from the UFC