PDA

View Full Version : This Author Thinks Fedor Is Scared

snakerattle79
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh My! :D

http://www.fighters.com/11/13/mma-gospel-brock-lesnar-and-the-top-four-ufc-heavyweights-fedor-emelianenko-is-ducking-in-strikeforce

Article Posted: November 13th, 2009 | By: Josh Turner

Fedor the great? So, letís talk about the hype machine that is Fighters.com Heavyweight Champion ďLast EmperorĒ Fedor Emelianenko (31-1) and the better UFC heavyweights Fedor is ducking Strikeforce.

Is he the greatest MMA fighter ever? No.

Has he faced and beaten the best in the game? No.

Fedor is a great fighter, and has faced and defeated some great fighters. He is not the greatest fighter in MMA history. To be the greatest ever, you have to seek out the greats and take them out, over and over. Fedor has faced ďCro CopĒ Mirko Filipovicís (23-6-2) and fourth-ranked ďMinotauroĒ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-5-1) in what most believe were their primes. Fedor has faced fighters larger than himself, such as ďTechno GoliathĒ Hong Man Choi (1-1), and quicker fighters, like tenth-ranked ďPitbullĒ Andrei Arlovski (14-7), and he has always found a way to defeat them.

Each one of the fighters that Fedor has faced and defeated have been defeated by other fighters just the same, and yet those victorious fighters arenít touted as the greatest ever. Fedor has not faced the super athletes of today and proven that he can keep up with the evolution of the sport. Fedor had the opportunity to face the greatest fighters in the world by signing with the UFC, and opted not to. Fedor isnít building his legacy as the greatest mixed martial artist to ever live; he is building a winning career. Much like professional boxers and their promoters, Fedor isnít seeking out the toughest opponents. He is letting his handlers feed him fighters and taking fights he has better odds at winning.

The UFC has always been criticized that they do not have a strong heavyweight class, and until now itís been true. With fighters entering the Octagon like second-ranked, UFC champ Brock Lesnar (4-1), sixth-ranked Shane Carwin (9-0), Cain Velasquez (6-0), and up-and-comer Todd Duffee (5-0), the tables are turning and now the UFC touts a heavyweight class rivaled by few.

Fedor knew what he was doing by signing with Strikeforce. He was cementing his legacy and ensuring no defeat. If Fedor was worried about being the best fighter in history, he would seek out the top challenges and test his mettle. The UFC has at least three fighters that could easily pick Emelianenko apart.

Big, bad, Brock Lesnar not only has the power to take Fedor down, but has the sheer size needed to nullify Fedorís wrestling and submission game. Although it would probably turn into another Lesnar lay-and-pray special, Brock would defeat the considerably smaller Fedor. Brock is one of those freak athletes that doesnít come around often, but when they do make a huge statement. My prediction on that fight would be Lesnar by TKO late in the second if it made it that far.

UFC top heavy weight contender Shane Carwin could possibly pose the largest knock out threat. Fedor has taken some shots before, but nothing like what Carwin can bring. Shane has a strong wrestling background, and would be able to fend off any Fedor takedown attempts. Carwinís size and strength, along with his flexibility would be able to stuff any submission attempts. Carwin, just like Lesnar, is a freakishly huge, explosive, powerful fighter that is part of the new class of heavyweight; a class that Fedor has no answer for. My call on that fight: Carwin by KO/TKO in the third.

This is probably the pick that will be the one that creates the largest stir. Cain Velasquez, in all of his underestimated power and aggressive hunger, would be too much to Fedor to fend off. Cain is young, explosive, hungry and ridiculously strong all wrapped up in an unassuming middle of the road looking package. Cain doesnít have the larger-than-life frame like Carwin or Lesnar, but I think we can all agree that he is strong and only getting stronger. Cainís wrestling would top Fedor, and probably prove too much for Fedor to handle. Cainís ability to stay on top, and impose his will would prove too much for Fedor resulting in what Iíd call a three-round unanimous decision. Cain is someone to keep an eye on, if he isnít on your radar yet.

Still think Fedor is unbeatable? How about the up and coming heavyweight class like Greg Jacksonís The Ultimate Fighter alum and favorite to win this seasonís TUF, Brendan Schaub (3-0)? How about the current knock out record holder Todd Duffee? Strikeforce heavyweight champion ďDemolition ManĒ Alistair Overeem (29-10) is so sure that he would defeat Fedor that he isnít even concerned with fighting him. If your argument here is experience, then why was Fedorís defeat of Brett Rogers, who less than a year ago was changing tires at his local Samís Club, anything to buzz about?

Fedor is a great fighter, fighting mediocre fighters in an attempt to maintain his hype and sell his name. Fedor isnít going to seek out great challenges and fight the best. Fedor isnít going to accept any deal the UFC offers. Fedor is going to continue to fight who he can beat, and take those victories all the way to the bank. Fedor is not the greatest fighter ever. He is a great fighter that knows his time and pay checks are limited and doesnít want to lose his money making appeal. So for now, Iíll agree to call Fedor the greatest MMA fighter that never was.

Neezar
11-13-2009, 08:59 PM
If Fedor was worried about being the best fighter in history, he would seek out the top challenges and test his mettleThe UFC has at least three fighters that could easily pick Emelianenko apart.

Exactly.

I think Fedor has stated that being the best fighter is not a goal of his. He stated that it wasn't even his passion, it is his job. He likes training better than fighting.

Neezar
11-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh My! :D

http://www.fighters.com/11/13/mma-gospel-brock-lesnar-and-the-top-four-ufc-heavyweights-fedor-emelianenko-is-ducking-in-strikeforce

Article Posted: November 13th, 2009 | By: Josh Turner

Fedor the great? So, letís talk about the hype machine that is Fighters.com Heavyweight Champion ďLast EmperorĒ Fedor Emelianenko (31-1) and the better UFC heavyweights Fedor is ducking Strikeforce.

Is he the greatest MMA fighter ever? No.

Has he faced and beaten the best in the game? No.

Fedor is a great fighter, and has faced and defeated some great fighters. He is not the greatest fighter in MMA history. To be the greatest ever, you have to seek out the greats and take them out, over and over. Fedor has faced ďCro CopĒ Mirko Filipovicís (23-6-2) and fourth-ranked ďMinotauroĒ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-5-1) in what most believe were their primes. Fedor has faced fighters larger than himself, such as ďTechno GoliathĒ Hong Man Choi (1-1), and quicker fighters, like tenth-ranked ďPitbullĒ Andrei Arlovski (14-7), and he has always found a way to defeat them.

Each one of the fighters that Fedor has faced and defeated have been defeated by other fighters just the same, and yet those victorious fighters arenít touted as the greatest ever. Fedor has not faced the super athletes of today and proven that he can keep up with the evolution of the sport. Fedor had the opportunity to face the greatest fighters in the world by signing with the UFC, and opted not to. Fedor isnít building his legacy as the greatest mixed martial artist to ever live; he is building a winning career. Much like professional boxers and their promoters, Fedor isnít seeking out the toughest opponents. He is letting his handlers feed him fighters and taking fights he has better odds at winning.

The UFC has always been criticized that they do not have a strong heavyweight class, and until now itís been true. With fighters entering the Octagon like second-ranked, UFC champ Brock Lesnar (4-1), sixth-ranked Shane Carwin (9-0), Cain Velasquez (6-0), and up-and-comer Todd Duffee (5-0), the tables are turning and now the UFC touts a heavyweight class rivaled by few.

Fedor knew what he was doing by signing with Strikeforce. He was cementing his legacy and ensuring no defeat. If Fedor was worried about being the best fighter in history, he would seek out the top challenges and test his mettle. The UFC has at least three fighters that could easily pick Emelianenko apart.

Big, bad, Brock Lesnar not only has the power to take Fedor down, but has the sheer size needed to nullify Fedorís wrestling and submission game. Although it would probably turn into another Lesnar lay-and-pray special, Brock would defeat the considerably smaller Fedor. Brock is one of those freak athletes that doesnít come around often, but when they do make a huge statement. My prediction on that fight would be Lesnar by TKO late in the second if it made it that far.

UFC top heavy weight contender Shane Carwin could possibly pose the largest knock out threat. Fedor has taken some shots before, but nothing like what Carwin can bring. Shane has a strong wrestling background, and would be able to fend off any Fedor takedown attempts. Carwinís size and strength, along with his flexibility would be able to stuff any submission attempts. Carwin, just like Lesnar, is a freakishly huge, explosive, powerful fighter that is part of the new class of heavyweight; a class that Fedor has no answer for. My call on that fight: Carwin by KO/TKO in the third.

This is probably the pick that will be the one that creates the largest stir. Cain Velasquez, in all of his underestimated power and aggressive hunger, would be too much to Fedor to fend off. Cain is young, explosive, hungry and ridiculously strong all wrapped up in an unassuming middle of the road looking package. Cain doesnít have the larger-than-life frame like Carwin or Lesnar, but I think we can all agree that he is strong and only getting stronger. Cainís wrestling would top Fedor, and probably prove too much for Fedor to handle. Cainís ability to stay on top, and impose his will would prove too much for Fedor resulting in what Iíd call a three-round unanimous decision. Cain is someone to keep an eye on, if he isnít on your radar yet.

Still think Fedor is unbeatable? How about the up and coming heavyweight class like Greg Jacksonís The Ultimate Fighter alum and favorite to win this seasonís TUF, Brendan Schaub (3-0)? How about the current knock out record holder Todd Duffee? Strikeforce heavyweight champion ďDemolition ManĒ Alistair Overeem (29-10) is so sure that he would defeat Fedor that he isnít even concerned with fighting him. If your argument here is experience, then why was Fedorís defeat of Brett Rogers, who less than a year ago was changing tires at his local Samís Club, anything to buzz about?

Fedor is a great fighter, fighting mediocre fighters in an attempt to maintain his hype and sell his name. Fedor isnít going to seek out great challenges and fight the best. Fedor isnít going to accept any deal the UFC offers. Fedor is going to continue to fight who he can beat, and take those victories all the way to the bank. Fedor is not the greatest fighter ever. He is a great fighter that knows his time and pay checks are limited and doesnít want to lose his money making appeal. So for now, Iíll agree to call Fedor the greatest MMA fighter that never was.

Okay, so we will call him the smartest MMA fighter ever. :laugh:

Via Con Dios
11-14-2009, 08:22 PM
what a tool!

even if fedor never fights in the UFC he's still one of the best ever, IMO.

honestly though, with the shenanigans that UFC pulls off (IE Brock Lesnar), who would really want to be stuck with them anyhow.

MMA would really be much more interesting with many different entities, not just the UFC monopoly.

they have too much control over a fighters career and livelyhood.

can anyone EVER explain to me why Noguiera Couture didnt happen before lesnar couture?

isnt the interim champ supposed to fight the current champ as soon as the champ is available??? Nog was robbed! but what does UFC care? they just want ratings. Mongo crushed Capt. America

doesnt sound to me like a company i would want in control of my future.

Neezar
11-14-2009, 08:28 PM
MMA would really be much more interesting with many different entities, not just the UFC monopoly.

Let's get Henderson ready and do Strikeforce vs UFC. :w00t:

Via Con Dios
11-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Let's get Henderson ready and do Strikeforce vs UFC. :w00t:

my thoughts exactly.

rockdawg21
11-14-2009, 09:17 PM
This reader thinks that author smokes crack.

J.B.
11-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Okay, so we will call him the smartest MMA fighter ever. :laugh:

You crack me up Neez...:laugh:

If you just scan over that and only read the parts you put in bold it makes perfect sense.

Llamafighter
11-14-2009, 09:53 PM
SO who is the best in the world (according to this article)? They haven't beaten Fedor...

1. He fought Nog when Nog was considered the best HW in the world
2. He fought Mirko when Mirko was considered the only guy to beat him.
3. He fought Tim after he left the UFC and was considered the toughest available guy who could use his reach and take down defense to beat Fedor
4. He beat Arlovski after two big wins against Rothwell and Nelson. We forget that the UFC didn't cut him they just couldn't reach a contract at the time.
5. Barnett would've have been a great testand shut a lot of people up but BARNETT blew that one.

the critics are idiots. wait til Nog beats Lesnar.

J.B.
11-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Fedor is like the New Orleans Saints this season. No matter what you throw at him, he finds a way to win, and he usually wins big.

Josh
11-15-2009, 02:01 AM
SO who is the best in the world (according to this article)? They haven't beaten Fedor...

3. He fought Tim after he left the UFC and was considered the toughest available guy who could use his reach and take down defense to beat Fedor
4. He beat Arlovski after two big wins against Rothwell and Nelson. We forget that the UFC didn't cut him they just couldn't reach a contract at the time.
5. Barnett would've have been a great testand shut a lot of people up but BARNETT blew that one.

You sir have my vote for forumite of the month. What will they say then? I can't wait to find out.

Jason 16
11-15-2009, 03:30 AM

I hope that would shut up dam near every one with..... OMG if he is so great why not fight lesnar..... hummm because he got ass kicked by nog who lost to fedor twice :tongue0011:

Spiritwalker
11-15-2009, 01:50 PM
what a tool!

even if fedor never fights in the UFC he's still one of the best ever, IMO.

Agreed...

honestly though, with the shenanigans that UFC pulls off (IE Brock Lesnar), who would really want to be stuck with them anyhow.

The vast majority of UFC fighters that put food on their table and have made millions might want to be stuck with them....

The UFC is HARDLY a monopoly... There are companies that start up every month (it seems).. they just fail.. sure the UFC puts pressure on them.. but that's business...

they have too much control over a fighters career and livelyhood.

That depends on who you talk to.. Randy a few years back was hating them.. (as a company).. but he has been fighting with them again..

can anyone EVER explain to me why Noguiera Couture didnt happen before lesnar couture?

Cause the fans love Randy.. Noguiera isn't an "American MMA Idol"

isnt the interim champ supposed to fight the current champ as soon as the champ is available??? Nog was robbed! but what does UFC care? they just want ratings. Mongo crushed Capt. America

That's business..

doesnt sound to me like a company i would want in control of my future.

then you can go fight in Affiliction.. or the IFL or EliteXC.... oh wait......

The UFC is not the Devil of MMA.. it has room for improvement.. (like the rased walk way to the cage... I will never give up on that!!).... but it is hardly out to chew up and spit out fighters....

You can always go to the World Combat League, which I actually like..

Spiritwalker
11-15-2009, 01:56 PM

ZING!!!!!!
And the winner by most DESTRUCTIVE POST TECHNICINAL POST to a MMA critic is ......

Llaaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaafiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttttttte rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Via Con Dios
11-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Agreed...

The vast majority of UFC fighters that put food on their table and have made millions might want to be stuck with them....

The UFC is HARDLY a monopoly... There are companies that start up every month (it seems).. they just fail.. sure the UFC puts pressure on them.. but that's business...

That depends on who you talk to.. Randy a few years back was hating them.. (as a company).. but he has been fighting with them again..

Cause the fans love Randy.. Noguiera isn't an "American MMA Idol"

That's business..

then you can go fight in Affiliction.. or the IFL or EliteXC.... oh wait......

The UFC is not the Devil of MMA.. it has room for improvement.. (like the rased walk way to the cage... I will never give up on that!!).... but it is hardly out to chew up and spit out fighters....

You can always go to the World Combat League, which I actually like..

you make valid points...

i was speaking as though i were in fedor's shoes. sure, for many many fighters the UFC is the best its gonna get. but when you are already a serious force in the sport you can pick and choose your battles. Not every UFC fighter relies solely on the UFC to put food on their tables. I really just think that the people who can stand alone without the UFC should be able to do so without having the world trash them because they dont want to be a part of what many believe to be a somewhat shady organization. UFC wouldnt be "the best" if they didnt have most of the best fighters. i think it would be great to see some of the great fighters split off and help to form other profitable MMA companies.

you can argue all day that its just "business", but as a fan of MMA, im not in it to make money, i want to see the sport evolve and have more fighters and more competition. Could you imagine if there were 2 or 3 large MMA entities? they could each have great fighters and perhaps once a year do some sort of a super bowl/world series of fighting. that would be awesome! there would be more comptetition, more fighters getting a chance to prove themselves and make money, and we could still see the very best fighting the very best. Of course, this would require co-promotion, which UFC is obviously against. its just a thought...

Another issue is audience. perhaps the world of MMA isnt yet big enough to support multiple giants, but when it does get there, i would rather see 2 or 3 $300 million companies than one billion-dollar-UFC-Uber-company.

And the bottom line for me, if UFC cant control all the worlds best, they will never have complete control over the sport.

sorry for the rant. :tongue0011:

wavetar
11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't really see why a 'monopoly' by the UFC should be automatically classified as a bad thing. They are simply the 'major league' of their sport...same as the NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL. There will always be 'farm teams' and 'college level' organizations out there for the folks who don't like supporting the big leagues.