PDA

View Full Version : Bow Kill from today

Mac
11-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Well after a bunch of shots and alot of walking , i finally got him down .

Had a shooter buck come in on me last night , he came down a trail that was blocked from my sight by a monster oak tree. This bucks steps out of a revine from just behind the oak tree, sticks his nose in the air to smell a scent bomb i had hanging which just happens to be directly inline with me .
So he nails me in my stand immiediatley , i had a split second to make a decision to shoot or not and he was not going to turn broadside , so i centered it on his chest to try to take his heart out .

I released and he let out a beller like a cow that just got hit by a truck , dropped in his tracks and slid back down the revine. Before he could get to the bottom of the i already had another arrow knocked and was just aiming for brown . I heard the second arrow smack him and he was motionless.
Now im a firm believer if the deer is in range and you have more arrows , send them because there is every chance he will get back up , well i had 2 more arrows but could only see horns and they werent moving . So i sat still , sent a couple messages to tell somefolks i got one and then just my luck , HE STANDS UP !!!!!!! Before i can get lined up on him , he gets inbehind some brush , and then boom , he is down again , didnt go 30 yards . I still cant get an arrow through the trees to him so i figure ill just sit there and wait him out .

Well 15 minutes goes by an all the sudden he explodes to his feet and off he goes. Now my heart just sinks . I slide down the tree and back straight out to my truck . Call my dad , my brother and my cousin and get a game plan together . We let him lay for a couple hours and then i came back in . We had good blood and then like a swithc , it just shut off . Now we tracked him up onto some neighboring ground where some animal rights activists live , they hate me and hate any type of hunting . They are tree huggers in every sence of the word. So we back out and i decide i will come back in the morning and see what i can come up with.

So fast forward to 7:30 thismorning . I follow the blood up into the forbidden property and figure i better back out and see if i can possibly get permission to go through there , but before i leave i decide to skirt that propertys boundry and see if i can spot anything . Low and behold i found the proverbial needle in a hay stack . right there on the ground , 200 yards from where we lost blood the first time , on a leaf is a spot of blood the size of a quarter where he jumped the fence coming back onto the property i hunt. He is headed into a chunk of ground that was logged out about 2 years ago . Its nothing but tree top brush piles and weeds over your head .

I get to one brush pile that is about 15 feet tall and i here him come alive on the other side . There i am , bow in hand , and the buck 10 feet away and i cant get a shot at him , i cant even see him its so thick. So i back up and call my cousin and brother and my dad again . Once reenforcements arrive and a couple extra sets of eyes we get back ont he trail. You could tell that the deer was stoping to laydown about every 60 to 80 yds . We finally come to the inside corner of a huge standing cornfield and it was there the blood stopped. You could see where he layed down and after a quick search of the area we found where the buck turned around on his first blood trail and back tracked a little ways and entered the standing corn .

Now this is where the story gets exciting!!!! I walk into the cornfield about 5 rows in and as soon as i start walking i look up and see the buck laying down again about 20 yds infront of me . I already have an arrow knocked so i pull the bow up , plant the 20 yard pin on vitals and let her fly ..THWACK!!!! direct hit , deer jumps to his feet and DOESNT RUN!!! ive already got another arrow knocked ,,,,,my last arrow,.,,,,, and i give him another one right through the boiler room...... Still standing , and now he is pawing the ground like a pissed off bull and coming our way , so Drew my cousin has a few arrows , THWACK ,,,,,, THWACK...... he takes two more , and is still coming towards us , but alot slower and a heck of alot bloodier this time . the deer stops in his tracks and falls down again. Blood is coming out of everywhere but his head is still up and he still has some steam left. We stand there for about 5 minutes , dead calm and silent . The deer still has his head up and im thinking tomyself " Mac , you cant let this deer get up and run again " soooooo i get the 12 inch buck knife off my brothers hip and start walking towards it . I may be out of arrows but i got a buck knife and im gonna make it live up to its brand name. So there we are standing 2 feet from the buck ... Now i know your thinking he is dead , and by all rights he should be , but ive seen deer come to life int he blink of an eye and run like the wind.

Sooooo i grip the buck knife tight and in a slashing blow that would make Michael Meyers wince in pain , i rammed it home right behind the shoulder. Well aparantly there is an "ON" switch internally in big deer and i hit it . Within a millisecond of the knife hitting the deer he is up on all 4 , Mikey and Drew are in a dead scramble knocking each other down in the standing cornfield trying to put plenty of distance between them and this pissed off , bloody raging ball of horns that just got his 4th wind , I blaze a trail cross rows through the corn trying to get to open ground . Apparently the deer thought i was making a good trail because he was about 6 inches behind me . So when I "bow in one hand , bloody knife in the other doing a dead sprint through standing corn with a a very illtempered buck right on my heels " explode out of the cornfield , the deer damn near hits me as he exits right beside me.

He goes 40-50 yds and crashes again , hes blowing blood out like a geyser EVERYWHERE , but his head is still up and he still has forward movement . Now like i said , i am a firm believer in , if the deer is in range and you have arrows , KEEP SHOOTING, get that deer out of commision as quickly as possible. Sooooooo Drew finds one of his arrows in the field , WHAM!!! right up the spine , deer starts crawling , Mikey " who is now armed with the buck knife " runs up and gives him 2 more in the ribs. One of my arrows fell out and i get it knocked , and again , i feed it right into the vitals.

Now is the bad part , the part i hate. This Bucks will to live was strong , very strong . He layed there for another 15 minutes ,,,,,, yup ,15 minutes and still had power . When i field dressed the deer , his lungs were destroyed , His heart was almost cut in half , his liver was almost cut in half ,, and this deer still had all that power , all that go to come up in the cornfield , charge us , run 50 yds and still kickin . I know it sounds grusome , my goal was to kill this deer as quickly as possible , i was stuffing arrows through lungs , heart whereever i could get them and he was still going , I did everything i could but he just would not give it up . So , i got a big deer with an even bigger story , A tale that will live forever with that hunt. I dont think the addrenaline rush ended for about an hour after he was in the back of the truck .

Heres a few pictures.

Me in the black with the hat , Mikey my brother holding the knife HA HA HA , Drew in the grey t shirt , and My good Buddy Danny in the flannel and the red hat, He owns the ground that i hunt on.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/DannyDeer.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/deer1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/deer2.jpg

matthughesfan21
11-13-2009, 03:27 AM
good looking buck, and a great story haha....how many points, i tried counting, but i can't tell for sure from the angles

J.B.
11-13-2009, 03:29 AM
Very nice Mac!

You don't get an essence of how big he actually is until the second pic.

You da man dog!

Mac
11-13-2009, 03:29 AM
good looking buck, and a great story haha....how many points, i tried counting, but i can't tell for sure from the angles

He is a main frame 8 , but with all the extras he is a 12 . He has split g2's on both sides , a double g1 "eye gaurd " on the left side plus about a 2 inch kicker off of it .

Boomer
11-13-2009, 03:50 AM
:laugh: Great tale Mac ... that deer did have a strong will to live. amazing. I was going to ask about all the blood in the truck on the pic you sent me.:laugh: Now I know

Neezar
11-13-2009, 04:17 AM
Heartwrenching, disgusting story. :cry:

Neezar
11-13-2009, 04:18 AM
. Now we tracked him up onto some neighboring ground where some animal rights activists live , they hate me and hate any type of hunting . They are tree huggers in every sence of the word. So we back out and i decide i will come back in the morning and see what i can come up with.

Well now there is a shocker.

Mac
11-13-2009, 04:21 AM
Heartwrenching, disgusting story. :cry:

women........................:huh:

J.B.
11-13-2009, 04:23 AM

HEY!!

We already have a thread about that! :laugh:

Neezar
11-13-2009, 04:25 AM

Well Michelle isn't here and I felt like I needed to say something on her behalf. :laugh:

Oddtodd76
11-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow! What a story! I would have freaked out seeing a deer chase me! HAHAHAHAHA

Nice kill! Who is gonna be the taxidermist?

Llamafighter
11-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Awesome job, Mac! There's got to be an hunting mag you can send that story into. You've got a gift for narratives, brother!

surveyorshawn
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Awesome hunt and awesome buck! What does he weight? I had to finish one off with a knife years ago. I also RNC'ed one, but that is another story, lol

Silverback
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Nice Buck, and you get a A+ for the story telling, good job.

Shoots like a girl
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Very nice Mac!!! Now, time to make some jerky!!!! :)

CAVEMAN
11-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Congrats Matt! :laugh::laugh::laugh: I can still picture you:scared0011: running like the wind to get out of that bucks way!:laugh:

RG8144
11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Sounds like an epic hunt! Way to go. I know what you mean about wanting to put them down quick, but sounds like he was a real fighter!

Great pics as well!

Neezar
11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Congrats The Frederick's (it took the whole family to take him down)! :laugh::laugh::laugh: I can still picture you:scared0011: running like the wind to get out of that bucks way!:laugh:

Fixed. :laugh:

Neezar
11-13-2009, 05:23 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/neezar086/funnies/auntie.jpg

Bonnie
11-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Mac, I don't know which one of you to call Rambo, you or that deer! :blink: :laugh:

I saw Legends of the Fall the other night where at the end Brad Pitt's character finally dies at the hand of a bear and the Indian (narrating) says, "It was a good death." I'd like to say that about this deer, but it's like he died a thousand deaths before finally kicking the bucket. :scared0015: That's what makes it so heartwrenching, he obviously had such a will to live. :cry:

But, that was funny, the part where you and he were running neck and neck to see who was gonna make it out of that cornfield first. :laugh: Nate ought to do a sketch for you of that scene. You could frame it and hang it next to the deer head on your wall.

Crisco
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
That deer was a bad ass. You should have let him go after the first time.

Or fought him one on one to the death!

Pfft girly man calling for boys to help you =P

Neezar
11-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Mac, I don't know which one of you to call Rambo, you or that deer! :blink: :laugh:

I saw Legends of the Fall the other night where at the end Brad Pitt's character finally dies at the hand of a bear and the Indian (narrating) says, "It was a good death." I'd like to say that about this deer, but it's like he died a thousand deaths before finally kicking the bucket. :scared0015: That's what makes it so heartwrenching, he obviously had such a will to live. :cry:

But, that was funny, the part where you and he were running neck and neck to see who was gonna make it out of that cornfield first. :laugh: Nate ought to do a sketch for you of that scene. You could frame it and hang it next to the deer head on your wall.

That is awesome, Bonnie! I may just use that as my sig for awhile.:laugh: We should honor that Buck with a name. ThousandDeathBuck, maybe? CornSprinter? :laugh:

Twinsmama
11-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Wow I guess it doesn't matter how many pictures I see I just can't believe how much bigger deer are up there! I think everyone that hunts has a funny story like that. People wonder why hunting is so fun if you just sit around waiting for deer. It's memories like this that make it so good. I'm sure that head on the wall doesn't hurt!

I know hunting is what is getting me up at 4:30 tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll have a story to tell! Rich can't hunt so he'll be watching the kids and I'll be out there.

Bonnie
11-13-2009, 09:04 PM
That is awesome, Bonnie! I may just use that as my sig for awhile.:laugh: We should honor that Buck with a name. ThousandDeathBuck, maybe? CornSprinter? :laugh:

:laugh:

How 'bout "IWontGoEasy" or "I'mNotGoingDownSucka" :laugh:

I can see Mac standing (bow in hand) looking towards the woods where he'd lost the track of the deer that night, saying, "I'll be back" (Terminator). :laugh:

I wish we could have seen him running through that cornfield with that deer hot on his heels. I mean, you can't make this stuff up. :laugh:

Bonnie
11-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Wow I guess it doesn't matter how many pictures I see I just can't believe how much bigger deer are up there! I think everyone that hunts has a funny story like that. People wonder why hunting is so fun if you just sit around waiting for deer. It's memories like this that make it so good. I'm sure that head on the wall doesn't hurt!

I know hunting is what is getting me up at 4:30 tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll have a story to tell! Rich can't hunt so he'll be watching the kids and I'll be out there.

Watch your back Mama and wear your sprint'n shoes. :laugh:

Mac
11-13-2009, 09:39 PM
LOL . the deer has a nickname .

"Scarface" the last arrow Drew flung at him in the corn slid right past the right side of his head and litterally trimmed the hair on the side of his face so it actually looks like a scar . It didnt cut the hair off completely or cut the skin even , it just trimmed the very outer layer of hair and cut it to about a quarter inch long lol .

MattHughesRocks
11-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Well at least your brother is a cutie.

Jessi
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I think you just scared him with all of that hair on your face! :w00t:

Blade
11-16-2009, 11:12 PM
No offence but I was hoping that story was gonna end with that buck goring and stomping you all. Disgraceful.

Mac
11-17-2009, 12:02 AM
No offence but I was hoping that story was gonna end with that buck goring and stomping you all. Disgraceful.

Hey , i think you dropped your purse over there.

Mac
11-17-2009, 12:04 AM

But it didnt!!!!!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

It ended up with the buck in a bloody pile . Now he is currently going through a meat grinder getting turned into burger , and jalapeno salami , and steaks , And then his head is going to hang on the wall with all the others.

Want some pictures ???????

NateR
11-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Disgraceful.

And yummy, don't forget yummy! :laugh:

Mac
11-17-2009, 01:01 AM
And yummy, don't forget yummy! :laugh:

Yes , disgraceful and yummy lmao!

Vizion
11-17-2009, 02:49 AM
I can't decide which one of you was more of a beast the buck or you Mac? :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
11-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Are you making jerky? Send me some I want to try it...just a little though.

Yes , disgraceful and yummy lmao!

Mac
11-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Are you making jerky? Send me some I want to try it...just a little though.

Think i might . id send you some of that Jalapeno n cheese deer salami but i dont think it would be any good by the time it got there.

MattHughesRocks
11-17-2009, 04:10 AM
Just send regular :unsure-1: But again...not a lot. I don't care a whole lot for beef jerky even but I really want to try some deer murdered by Mac dear...just because :w00t:

Think i might . id send you some of that Jalapeno n cheese deer salami but i dont think it would be any good by the time it got there.

Mac
11-17-2009, 04:16 AM
Just send regular :unsure-1: But again...not a lot. I don't care a whole lot for beef jerky even but I really want to try some deer murdered by Mac dear...just because :w00t:

well then , i cant argue with that . LOL , ill be sure and make some.

MattHughesRocks
11-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Cool.

well then , i cant argue with that . LOL , ill be sure and make some.

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
But it didnt!!!!!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

It ended up with the buck in a bloody pile . Now he is currently going through a meat grinder getting turned into burger , and jalapeno salami , and steaks , And then his head is going to hang on the wall with all the others.

Want some pictures ???????

*stomach growling*
*Homer Simpson voice* "Mmmmm spicey, delicious, disgcraaaaaaaace"

Vizion
11-17-2009, 12:35 PM
:laugh:That's awesome (see above) :laugh:

Mac
11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
*stomach growling*
*Homer Simpson voice* "Mmmmm spicey, delicious, disgcraaaaaaaace"

LMAO!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

rearnakedchoke
11-17-2009, 01:24 PM

I agree .. it was a disgraceful story and i am appalled .. i feel much better about myself getting my meat from the grocery store .. that way i know the animal that it came from was only raised in harse conditions, treated poorly, pumped full of antibiotics and probably growth hormone to get more bang for the buck .... then led down a hallway knowing it's doom while it's counterparts are moaning and groaning in fear anticipating the inevitable .. that is much more graceful ..

great post ...

Vizion
11-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I agree .. it was a disgraceful story and i am appalled .. i feel much better about myself getting my meat from the grocery store .. that way i know the animal that it came from was only raised in harse conditions, treated poorly, pumped full of antibiotics and probably growth hormone to get more bang for the buck .... then led down a hallway knowing it's doom while it's counterparts are moaning and groaning in fear anticipating the inevitable .. that is much more graceful ..

great post ... I see the consveratives on this board are "corrupting" you :laugh:

VCURamFan
11-17-2009, 02:16 PM

great post ...
Youch, someone's snippy this morning!:laugh:

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 02:29 PM

great post ...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Ahhh the piece of mind....:laugh:

Blade
11-17-2009, 03:51 PM

great post ...

Thanks. And it's 'harsh' by the way, or do you talk with a lisp?

Mac
11-17-2009, 03:59 PM

Nice catch on the slip .

And its quotation marks " when you want to quote something , not apostraphes.

douche.

Blade
11-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Nice catch on the slip .

And its quotation marks " when you want to quote something , not apostraphes.

douche.

It's a shame you weren't as clinical with your bow as you are with the delete button Maccy. And no it doesn't require quotation marks.

rearnakedchoke
11-17-2009, 04:28 PM

nice .. i guess when you get put in your place and you have no comeback, the last resort is to attack the grammar .. LOL ... i am not sending an e-mail at work, so I don't have to speelchek ... (there's another one for you to jump on) ... and i do speak with a lisp, and now i guess i type with one ...

Blade
11-17-2009, 04:31 PM
nice .. i guess when you get put in your place and you have no comeback, the last resort is to attack the grammar .. LOL ... i am not sending an e-mail at work, so I don't have to speelchek ... (there's another one for you to jump on) ... and i do speak with a lisp, and now i guess i type with one ...

Nah you didn't put me in my place, I was just shocked into silence for a moment by the fact that an American actually used and understood sarcasm. You made a fair point, but not all meat you buy in the shops comes from a place like that.

VCURamFan
11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Nah you didn't put me in my place, I was just shocked into silence for a moment by the fact that an American actually used and understood sarcasm. You made a fair point, but not all meat you buy in the shops comes from a place like that.
I settle your addled English brain, Blade: RNC's a Canadian.:laugh:

Blade
11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I settle your addled English brain, Blade: RNC's a Canadian.:laugh:

Eh, close enough, same continent and you all sound the same anyway, so it still applies, lol.

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
It's a shame you weren't as clinical with your bow as you are with the delete button Maccy. And no it doesn't require quotation marks.

it doesn't require the unnecessary (read: incorrect) use of apostrophes either.:wink:

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 04:36 PM

Actually RNC only shops at places like this...:laugh:
the only way to really be sure of home your meat was harvested is to harvest it yourself.
I would be scared to eat Mac's deer out of fear that it would scream when I put it in the pan. that was one tough buck!

Blade
11-17-2009, 04:38 PM
it doesn't require the unnecessary (read: incorrect) use of apostrophes either.:wink:

Yes it did, because otherwise it would read like I am saying that what he said was harsh.

rearnakedchoke
11-17-2009, 04:38 PM

So now you are not bashing hunters, but Americans??? for on I am Canadian ... but i love my american peeps ...

and is the meat in your market labeled as to which brand treats their livestock with care and compassion and which ones don't? mine aren't? so really, unless one is a vegan and doesn't wear leather they shouldn't be so hypocritical to think that a hunter who on most occasions take his game pretty quickly has a hard time getting one ... i am sure there are some hunters who would not have bothered to go through the effort to get the deer ... so leaving it to die slowly would have been better???

i honestly think you are just a troll, but only time will tell on how many others you can try and piss off ...

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes it did, because otherwise it would read like I am saying that what he said was harsh.

Sorry, but the punctuation marks aren't on the keyboard to be used in any manner you so choose.:laugh:
They all have specific functions. Apostrophes are used to show the omission of a word as in a contractions like "don't".

Blade
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
So now you are not bashing hunters, but Americans??? for on I am Canadian ... but i love my american peeps ...

and is the meat in your market labeled as to which brand treats their livestock with care and compassion and which ones don't? mine aren't? so really, unless one is a vegan and doesn't wear leather they shouldn't be so hypocritical to think that a hunter who on most occasions take his game pretty quickly has a hard time getting one ... i am sure there are some hunters who would not have bothered to go through the effort to get the deer ... so leaving it to die slowly would have been better???

i honestly think you are just a troll, but only time will tell on how many others you can try and piss off ...

I don't really have a problem with hunting for food when that genuine need exists, but having your photo taken with that dead animal with a stupid grin on your face and later hanging it's head on your wall is disgusting. That isn't respecting the animal.

Blade
11-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Sorry, but the punctuation marks aren't on the keyboard to be used in any manner you so choose.:laugh:
They all have specific functions. Apostrophes are used to show the omission of a word as in a contractions like "don't".

I think you'll find Einstein that this is yet another example of you Yanks doing things differently to the British just for the sake of it. We use inverted commas, you lot use double quotation marks, just like you all spell lots of words incorrectly, such as 'colour' and 'flavour' etc.

rearnakedchoke
11-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't really have a problem with hunting for food when that genuine need exists, but having your photo taken with that dead animal with a stupid grin on your face and later hanging it's head on your wall is disgusting. That isn't respecting the animal.

do you own any leather clothing? belt, shoes, coat??? if so, is that not disrespectful also? in this day and age, is it really a necessity to use animals for clothing? probably not, but people still do ... i don't see any difference in putting an animals head on your wall and wearing an animal part as a fashion accessory ... i have never really hunted in my life and don't have heads on my wall, but i loves me some meat and would be a hypocrite to tell a hunter what they do is wrong and what the livestock companies who raise animals for eats are wrong too ... if i felt like you, i would become a vegan ... but you are just a hypocrite ...

Blade
11-17-2009, 05:01 PM
do you own any leather clothing? belt, shoes, coat??? if so, is that not disrespectful also? in this day and age, is it really a necessity to use animals for clothing? probably not, but people still do ... i don't see any difference in putting an animals head on your wall and wearing an animal part as a fashion accessory ... i have never really hunted in my life and don't have heads on my wall, but i loves me some meat and would be a hypocrite to tell a hunter what they do is wrong and what the livestock companies who raise animals for eats are wrong too ... if i felt like you, i would become a vegan ... but you are just a hypocrite ...

Of course I'm hypocritical about this subject, lots of people are. And I don't agree with a large part of what you just said but this is getting boring now so I can't be arsed to keep arguing the point, you all have your views and I have mine. I just hope Mac gets to star in his own version of 'Hard Target' one day, lol. I'd take part in that hunt for sure, lol. :tongue0011:

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 05:10 PM
I think you'll find Einstein that this is yet another example of you Yanks doing things differently to the British just for the sake of it. We use inverted commas, you lot use double quotation marks, just like you all spell lots of words incorrectly, such as 'colour' and 'flavour' etc.

Einstein was a theoretical physicist...:huh:
Please feel free to throw a comma on each side of "Einstein", BTW...:Whistle:

County Mike
11-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Blade starts to post again after all that time off and finds himself in several arguments.

I'll just jump in and blame England. :)

Mac
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Of course I'm hypocritical about this subject, lots of people are. And I don't agree with a large part of what you just said but this is getting boring now so I can't be arsed to keep arguing the point, you all have your views and I have mine. I just hope Mac gets to star in his own version of 'Hard Target' one day, lol. I'd take part in that hunt for sure, lol. :tongue0011:

No , no you wouldnt , because you and your country didnt have the balls to stand up to your goverment and let your right to own firearms get stripped from you.

DO you even realise what you are saying . You sound so rediculously stupid its not even funny anymore . Its like watching someone sing poorly on american idol and wincing in embarrasment for thier sake.

So if im a disgrace. Thennnnnn by your definition you are calling Matt Hughes himself a disgrace , and his brother Mark a disgrace and Nater a disgrace "yeah ive got a pic of Nater and a Buck somewhere areound here".

So if you are so passionate in your beliefs why dont you just come right out and call Matt a disgrace.................. well?

internationalharvester
11-17-2009, 05:54 PM
No , no you wouldnt , because you and your country didnt have the balls to stand up to your goverment and let your right to own firearms get stripped from you.

DO you even realise what you are saying . You sound so rediculously stupid its not even funny anymore . Its like watching someone sing poorly on american idol and wincing in embarrasment for thier sake.

So if im a disgrace. Thennnnnn by your definition you are calling Matt Hughes himself a disgrace , and his brother Mark a disgrace and Nater a disgrace "yeah ive got a pic of Nater and a Buck somewhere areound here".

So if you are so passionate in your beliefs why dont you just come right out and call Matt a disgrace.................. well?

so i finally decide to make a post on this using some form of "if I only had a Mathews", to only have to back Mac on this one, go get 'em Mac......and btw my little brother shot a nice buck on Sat. 139 6/8" green scored....tryin to post a couple pics now, haha nice buck but not as cool a story

atomdanger
11-17-2009, 06:57 PM
You're a bloody savage

NateR
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
You're a bloody savage

Hey, just because internationalharvester uses a Mathew's bow doesn't mean you have to insult him. :laugh:

NateR
11-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I think all the outrage over hunting in this thread makes it the perfect place to post more pictures of dead animals.:wink:

Mark shot this guy back in 2006 from like 500,000 yards or something like that, I don't remember exactly:) (these pictures were taken after it had been sitting out all night in the cold):
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/mark/100_2862.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/mark/100_2863.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/mark/100_2865.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/mark/100_2867.jpg

internationalharvester
11-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey, just because internationalharvester uses a Mathew's bow doesn't mean you have to insult him. :laugh:

haha hey Nate, know how far the deer I shot earlier this year with my Mathews went? 12 yards haha take that Mac lol:tongue0011:

Vizion
11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
I think all the outrage over hunting in this thread makes it the perfect place to post more pictures of dead animals.:wink:

Mark shot this guy back in 2006 from like 500,000 yards or something like that, I don't remember exactly:) (these pictures were taken after it had been sitting out all night in the cold): Heartless beast you are NateR :angry:

Crisco
11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm not a hunter hater or anything I just don't know if I could kill something that beautiful for fun. It would have to be for a good reason.

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not a hunter hater or anything I just don't know if I could kill something that beautiful for fun. It would have to be for a good reason.

They kill it for burgers, salami, jerky, and for something beautiful to hang on the wall.

NateR
11-17-2009, 08:03 PM

Like dinner?

Llamafighter
11-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Like dinner?

because you found it in bed with your wife...:unsure-1:

atomdanger
11-17-2009, 08:11 PM

lol
Savage = compliment.

atomdanger
11-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Anybody who finds hunting offensive should REALLY visit some commercial animal farms.
Them we'll talk cruel.

Look at how KFC raises chickens, then say hunting is cruel.

I am all for hunting for food, all for it.
Commercial animal processing is disgusting.

NateR
11-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Anybody who finds hunting offensive should REALLY visit some commercial animal farms.
Them we'll talk cruel.

Look at how KFC raises chickens, then say hunting is cruel.

I am all for hunting for food, all for it.
Commercial animal processing is disgusting.

Exactly, just watch a movie on how they turn pigs into Sausage McMuffins and you will be amazed at just how humane hunting really is.

Mac
11-17-2009, 08:36 PM
haha hey Nate, know how far the deer I shot earlier this year with my Mathews went? 12 yards haha take that Mac lol:tongue0011:

but it only weighed 80 pounds . im sure if i shot a german shepard with my bow it wouldnt go very far either .....:wink::wink::wink::wink::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blade
11-17-2009, 08:41 PM

Why would I want to own a firearm for? I don't need one.

And I admire Matt Hughes' qualities in the Octagon, I couldn't give a rat's ass about what he's like as a person or what he does outside of the Octagon. It's true, I do find the photos of Matt and Mark Hughes posing with dead animals distasteful and disgraceful aswell, just like I would any person showing off a carcass, but I'm not looking for a role model. And anyway Mac, I never called you or anyone else a disgrace. I called what you did disgraceful. There's a difference. You're probably a decent bloke when you aren't running around the woods like a crazed knife and bow-wielding, camo-clad psycho and then bragging about it afterwards, lol. So that makes you, Matt Hughes, Mark Hughes and Nater decent blokes in all probability who just happen to have a disgraceful hobby, lol. Oh, and it's 'ridiculously' by the way.

And another thing, yes Barada and atomdanger you're right about KFC and Mcdonalds, I wouldn't touch that putrid filth if you paid me. And I also remember those coyote pics from when they were first posted back in the day, they were disgraceful then and guess what? They're still disgraceful :tongue0011:

Mac
11-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Mark shot this guy back in 2006 from like 500,000 yards or something like that, I don't remember exactly:) (these pictures were taken after it had been sitting out all night in the cold):
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/mark/100_2862.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/mark/100_2863.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/mark/100_2865.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/mark/100_2867.jpg

nice shot on that one .

Was just going to pick Boone up from school and apparently all this rain has forced the yotes and deer up to high ground. Just across the road from me about 125 yards was a big yote sitting in the rain waiting for me to leave .

Soooo i backed the truck back to the house , stuffed a couple full metal jackets into the clip and went back . See if you use a full metal jacket at a close range and DONT hit any bone , you can just poke a small hole through the lungs or whereever you shoot. The coyote will run for a good way , ohhhhh he is dead , he just doesnt know it yet lol.

I dropped the cross hairs right on his throat and poked a hole lol. He flipped over backwards and started trying to chew his own chest out , i imagine it was getting pretty hot , after he flipped around on the ground a bit he ran into the standing corn , he might have made it a hundred yards or so in there before his lungs filled with blood and he dropped.

Cant forget the old classic . Michelles favorite Headshot from my cousin Wes " Deerstabber"
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/eyeballs-1.jpg

Or this nice headshot from a few years ago with my 243

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/ATT00035-3.jpg

Or the good ole Squirrel Bet.

This squirrel was standing somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-250 yards and my cousin bet me i couldnt hit him with my 243. also from a few years ago

Wow what a mess

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/ATT00006-2.jpg

Crisco
11-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey blade,

I can see your vagina from here.

atomdanger
11-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Exactly, just watch a movie on how they turn pigs into Sausage McMuffins and you will be amazed at just how humane hunting really is.

*Shudder*
I can only imagine.

I know the KFC video I watched made me not eat chicken for months.
Thankfully my Uncle and Aunt hunt and slaughter all their own meat,
now mini me and I just get all our meat from them.

Plus I get goodies like moose and bear meat.

surveyorshawn
11-17-2009, 09:53 PM
*Shudder*
I can only imagine.

I know the KFC video I watched made me not eat chicken for months.
Thankfully my Uncle and Aunt hunt and slaughter all their own meat,
now mini me and I just get all our meat from them.

Plus I get goodies like moose and bear meat.

So, when are we going moose hunting? Lol

Blade
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey blade,

Stand up and let me see if I can see yours...oh sorry you are standing up.

atomdanger
11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
So, when are we going moose hunting? Lol

Hey I told you whenever anybody wants to make a trip to Alaska we own the cabin.
Its really cheap if you have a while to kill you take the ferry,
but even flights aren't bad.

Moose season is in sept, but I'd be glad to take you next year.
But we can hunt grizzly before that...

internationalharvester
11-17-2009, 11:31 PM
but it only weighed 80 pounds . im sure if i shot a german shepard with my bow it wouldnt go very far either .....:wink::wink::wink::wink::laugh::laugh::laugh:

say what you will friend but mine did go right down......next time you shoot one though give me a call as we do live in the same town, I'd love to get an adventure like that on tape haha

on another note I guess Brock got one on his way to the St.Lou airport yesterday lol, from what I could tell he wasn't overly excited haha

Chuck
11-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Um yeah... interesting thread.. :blink:

To be honest I was a little amused when the grammar police came out... :laugh:

On one hand I think Blade certainly has a right to his opinion and dosen't need to be attacked just for sharing it....

On the OTHER hand... if you come into a thread about a certain topic then proceed to call it "disgraceful' (please note 1 quotation mark and 1 upside down comma just to keep it fair) you're probably going to get bashed....

All is well... carry on.........

MattHughesRocks
11-18-2009, 05:48 AM
This thread sucks.I'm never coming back as long as I live :cry:

Neezar
11-18-2009, 10:59 AM
This thread sucks.I'm never coming back as long as I live :cry:

That may not be very long if you eat ThousandDeath jerky. :ninja:

Llamafighter
11-18-2009, 11:52 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh:

billwilliams70
11-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Nice lookin' buck!

Later.

Twinsmama
11-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Cris coyotes need be shot. They are a danger to pets and any other animal you may have in a pen. They are not beautiful animals. They are stinky animals. If you ever smelled one you would never forget it. I've even seen them chase deer. They will attack anything they can catch even if it is smaller. As far as I know you can't (maybe can but wouldn't want to) eat them. They are open season all year long down here. I'm like Mac I'd rather them run off somewhere else and die so you don't have to mess with them.:laugh:

I have seen a few people that will just kill things to brag and not eat the meat. That is wasteful. If you can eat it you should or give it to someone who will. dang everytime i start thinking about deer my stomach growls!!

Rev
11-18-2009, 05:04 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET buck DUDE!!!!
I saw a good one yesterday but he was out of range.

MattHughesRocks
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM

Jessi
11-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey blade,

HAHAHA! Love it!

Neezar
11-24-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.undeadreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/frozen-reindeer.jpg

"Come on, Mac! This ain't over yet! I'm ready for round 3."

que
11-24-2009, 09:57 PM
the pictures in this thread gets me pumped to reap some animal flesh. someone get me a gun NOW

http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/559.gif

Crisco
11-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I want to go hunting.. But I live in NJ so my options immediately suck.