PDA

View Full Version : What to take to bed with you - not a joke

rockdawg21
11-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I just got this in an e-mail, this is actually a pretty good idea!

=============================================

What to take to bed with you - not a joke .

Pretty neat idea. Never thought of it before.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr's office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies. This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator.. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage. If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won't stick around. After a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

P.S. I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone. My Mom has suggested to my Dad that he carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn't hear him.. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's a problem.

Please pass this on even IF you've read it before. It's a reminder.

bradwright
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
one of the best ideas i have heard in a long time....thanks for the tip.:)

NateR
11-12-2009, 02:52 AM
What if you don't have a car alarm?

rockdawg21
11-12-2009, 03:07 AM
What if you don't have a car alarm?
Then....

1. You don't have anything worth stealing.
2. You've never had anything stolen from your vehicle (or worse, had your vehicle stolen).
3. You're dirt poor or too cheap to protect your vehicle and its' contents.
4. You don't care if people steal from your vehicle or its' contents.

Biggest reason is probably #2 :laugh:

NateR
11-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Then....

1. You don't have anything worth stealing.
2. You've never had anything stolen from your vehicle (or worse, had your vehicle stolen).
3. You're dirt poor or too cheap to protect your vehicle and its' contents.
4. You don't care if people steal from your vehicle or its' contents.

Biggest reason is probably #2 :laugh:

I don't even lock the doors to my car when I go to the store.

Spiritwalker
11-12-2009, 03:13 AM

I never even lock the doors to my cars either.

The only things worth stealing is my daughters car seat. And she won't need that in about 4 months.

rockdawg21
11-12-2009, 03:23 AM
LOL, you've definitely never had anything stolen from your vehicle.

I had some CDs stolen once, and had a pair of subwoofers stolen once. Yes, my car was locked and in the case of the subwoofers, my alarm was damaged in an accident and didn't even know it, lol. It sucks.

mscomc
11-12-2009, 03:28 AM
LOL, you've definitely never had anything stolen from your vehicle.

I had some CDs stolen once, and had a pair of subwoofers stolen once. Yes, my car was locked and in the case of the subwoofers, my alarm was damaged in an accident and didn't even know it, lol. It sucks.

My uncle had his porsche stolen right off his driveway in like 2002...never got it back...and had his doors locked.....lets just say he was mad!

Wanna hear what added salt to the wound? The insurance company (he had theft insurance), would only offer like a Toyota Corolla for him to use in the mean time....

NateR
11-12-2009, 03:37 AM

So, a lot of good locking your doors did, didn't it? :laugh:

matthughesfan21
11-12-2009, 03:40 AM
car alarms are about as useful as the united nations...Does anyone hear a car alarm go off and sprint to the site thinking its your car? No, you hear it go off and you get irritated and say "I wish that things would shut off soon"

rockdawg21
11-12-2009, 03:41 AM
So, a lot of good locking your doors did, didn't it? :laugh:
Well, the woofers were in the trunk, but it certainly didn't make any difference. I had an alarm, but it didn't work and I didn't know that until after the fact :sad:

As for the CD's, the car was unlocked, which caused me to always lock my car, lol

Play The Man
11-12-2009, 07:03 AM
I've been doing this for a couple years. Thank you for the suggestion - you might have saved someone's life.

jason2130
11-12-2009, 07:50 AM
cheap at home car security

easy way to protect your car from being broke into at night, put 1 of those cheap battery operated baby monitors in it and the reciever by your bed, youll hear them messing with or trying to get in your car

from there call the police or come out guns blazing, since they have no idea that you know they are outside :wink:

TexasRN
11-12-2009, 11:31 AM
I have a tip on how to know if someone has been or still is in your house while you were gone. This is actually something an inmate told a friend of mine who worked at a prison. Put a $5 bill someplace out in the open so you'll see it first thing when you open your door. It'll be the first thing anyone sees and a thief or rapist will take it. If you walk in and see your money is gone, walk out and call the police. You won't have disturbed the crime scene and you won't walk into a situation where you could possibly be harmed by an intruder. The only drawback is that someone else in the home can pocket the money and you'll call the police when nothing has happened. Just tell your friends and family why it's there and they'll leave it alone. This is especially helpful for women who live alone.

~Amy

cubsfan47
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh poopy. I thought that was "who" and not "what".:laugh:

rockdawg21
11-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I have a tip on how to know if someone has been or still is in your house while you were gone. This is actually something an inmate told a friend of mine who worked at a prison. Put a $5 bill someplace out in the open so you'll see it first thing when you open your door. It'll be the first thing anyone sees and a thief or rapist will take it. If you walk in and see your money is gone, walk out and call the police. You won't have disturbed the crime scene and you won't walk into a situation where you could possibly be harmed by an intruder. The only drawback is that someone else in the home can pocket the money and you'll call the police when nothing has happened. Just tell your friends and family why it's there and they'll leave it alone. This is especially helpful for women who live alone.

~Amy
Thanks Amy, my wife is home by herself sometimes. We have a home security alarm, but you can't ever be too safe.

Neezar
11-13-2009, 03:54 AM

Yeah! Me, too. Good thing we read the thread before responding.

:laugh:

J.B.
11-13-2009, 03:58 AM

Oh... you silly Cubs fans... :rolleyes:

When will you ever learn? :laugh:

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20051027/sox_32664.jpg