PDA

View Full Version : Great News!

Bonnie
11-10-2009, 07:39 PM
As most of you know I was diagnosed with cancer back in May and have had surgery and chemo in the last several months. Well, I just got word from the oncologist that they feel that the surgery got all of the tumor and I do not require further chemo at this time. They don't say you are cancer-free until five years have passed, but they say I'm on my way!:happydancing:

I just wanted to thank you all for your continued prayers and support during this time. It meant a lot, more than I can ever say.

I feel very blessed.......indeed! :)

TENNESSEAN
11-10-2009, 07:50 PM
wow!! that is great news,
im so happy for you and your fam

Llamafighter
11-10-2009, 08:02 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydancing::happy dancing::happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

CAVEMAN
11-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Great news, Bonnie!

:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing::happyda ncing::happydancing::happydancing::happydancing::h appydancing::happydancing::happydancing::happydanc ing::happydancing::happydancing:

Vizion
11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Praise God!! :happydancing:

Twinsmama
11-10-2009, 08:33 PM
That is awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :happydancing::happydancing::happydancing: :happydancing:

Chris F
11-10-2009, 08:39 PM
As most of you know I was diagnosed with cancer back in May and have had surgery and chemo in the last several months. Well, I just got word from the oncologist that they feel that the surgery got all of the tumor and I do not require further chemo at this time. They don't say you are cancer-free until five years have passed, but they say I'm on my way!:happydancing:

I just wanted to thank you all for your continued prayers and support during this time. It meant a lot, more than I can ever say.

Great news indeed. Do they have you on annual or more frequent checks? Those for me I find to be more stressful then the threapy was. I will be in ocntinue prayer for you. This is incredible news for you and glory to God for seeing you through. Here is a scripture to chew on that helps me rememebr where he has brought me from. I am using it a lot right now because I lost my job yesterday for refusing to lie for the company. Go figure. God has plans for us all, God bless you and yours Bonnie.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

VCURamFan
11-10-2009, 10:49 PM

:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:
BONNIE, THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!
:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

I'm so excited for you! Praise be to GOD!!

surveyorshawn
11-10-2009, 11:02 PM
That is sooooo awesome Bonnie!! I have been praying for you so much!! Also, Chris posted one of my all time favorite verses, and it is so true, even in your situation. God meant even this for your good, and you have an awesome testimony to show for it!

shon8121
11-11-2009, 12:19 AM
I'll take this time to thank the professional Doctors and the Scientific Treatments for your Cancer going into remission Bonnie!
I hope it stays that way. :)
***EDITED BY SHON8121***

TexasRN
11-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Uh... I'll thank the Doctors and the Scientific Treatments for your success Bonnie!
But of course, for all I know... (and to make 99% of the people on this forum happy) it's this god I keep hearing about who is responsible for placing your care in the hands of Doctors and Treatments that would take ultimately (at least as far as we know) rid you of the Cancer.

So again: Congrats!

This is coming across as very sarcastic and ugly. Trust me, this is not the place or the person to mess with. Clarify or your post will be deleted from this thread which is a celebration of Bonnie's diagnosis after fighting with every cell of her being to become cancer free.

~Amy

shon8121
11-11-2009, 12:57 AM
This is coming across as very sarcastic and ugly. Trust me, this is not the place or the person to mess with. Clarify or your post will be deleted from this thread which is a celebration of Bonnie's diagnosis after fighting with every cell of her being to become cancer free.

~Amy

Aw come on. I could have sworn I worded it correctly.
I'm not being sarcastic. I made sure to clarify my point.

I swear 100% I meant exactly what I wrote and it wasn't sarcastic at all. I'm congradulating Bonnie, thats it.

TexasRN
11-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Aw come on. I could have sworn I worded it correctly.
I'm not being sarcastic. I made sure to clarify my point.

I swear 100% I meant exactly what I wrote and it wasn't sarcastic at all. I'm congradulating Bonnie, thats it.

I apologize that I jumped the gun on you but considering your past posts in this section and the fact that you are very vocal about your non belief you can expect to get this reaction here. We care very deeply for Bonnie so emotions will run strong when it comes to her recovery.

~Amy

donaldbreland
11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Shon your becoming a sicking disrespectful punk. I think you find this amusing. Listen you don't have to come in here and bad mouth God. Believe it or not he is your God too. I know you'regoing to say what am I talking about. When you thank the doctors and not God then that's where the problem is. You need to stop harassing us Christians and leave us Alone.

Chris F
11-11-2009, 01:08 AM
I apologize that I jumped the gun on you but considering your past posts in this section and the fact that you are very vocal about your non belief you can expect to get this reaction here. We care very deeply for Bonnie so emotions will run strong when it comes to her recovery.

~Amy

Amy I do not think you jumped the gun at all. He is mocking our post that gives glory to God. He wants the glory to go to man. He fails to realize God gave them the knowledge to do that stuff. He is a secular humanist and should not post in the Christianity section if he plans to be insulting ot our faith.

shon8121
11-11-2009, 01:11 AM

~Amy

I understand. I truly hope that I am not taken too far out of context in the future.
As I just mentioned in a private message to you, I will clarify here as well. I have not once "bashed" Christianity nor have I said anything truly negative about the Faith. In fact I respect those who do believe and I understand 100% why you do. I would also never deny the great things Christians have done in the past, or the great things Church's have done in regards to helping those who are more unfortunate than others.
With that in mind, I will never mock someone for believing, nor will I make light of a situation like this. I meant what I said when congradulating Bonnie (even though I don't really know her, I've heard about her before this thread).
So if I have indeed offended anyone with this message in question, I apologize.
I will always be willing to clarify what I meant if I am ever viewed as saying something offensive and if I am truly out of line then I should expect to be banned. I understand.

And uh, sorry for putting all of this in your Thread Bonnie.

shon8121
11-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Wow guys (Donald and Chris), calm down.

TexasRN
11-11-2009, 01:12 AM
I am going to do Bonnie a favor and clean up her thread. I have spoken with shon8121 in PM and I believe he was sincere in his well wishes for Bonnie. He just worded it badly. Let's all agree to keep this a happy thread for our friend.

~Amy

Bonnie
11-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks, Amy. :)

I have to admit my initial take/reaction to Shon's original post was the same as yours. :wink: And, I was not happy to see that. I wasn't sure if I should comment on it, but I think you've handled it just fine. :laugh:

I made this thread to share my good news and to thank my forum family for all their prayers and support during a very scary time for me and my family.

Again, thank you all so very much.

County Mike
11-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Great News! Best of luck with keeping it gone.

J.B.
11-11-2009, 02:35 AM
Glad to hear that Bonnie! :)

Happy cat is happy too!
http://crowderland.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/happycat.jpg

shon8121
11-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Thanks, Amy. :)

I have to admit my initial take/reaction to Shon's original post was the same as yours. :wink: And, I was not happy to see that. I wasn't sure if I should comment on it, but I think you've handled it just fine. :laugh:

I made this thread to share my good news and to thank my forum family for all their prayers and support during a very scary time for me and my family.

Again, thank you all so very much.

Sorry I came across the wrong way. I was sincere when I commented about your good health. :)

Mac
11-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Thats AWSOME BONNIE!!!!!!!

cubsfan47
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
On December 20, I will celebrate 15 years being cancer free myself. On that day I have always said a special prayer for the other survivors I know. I now have another name to add to my list. God bless!

Chris F
11-11-2009, 03:32 PM
On December 20, I will celebrate 15 years being cancer free myself. On that day I have always said a special prayer for the other survivors I know. I now have another name to add to my list. God bless!

Wow I can't wait till I can say 15 years. I am still in the 5 year window and have been free since 2006. So I got 12 years to go. :) Congratulations to yourself as well.

Tyburn
11-11-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dck-hp-iS4

I had to speak about it :ashamed: :laugh:

Llamafighter
11-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Wow I can't wait till I can say 15 years. I am still in the 5 year window and have been free since 2006. So I got 12 years to go. :) Congratulations to yourself as well.

Congrats to you both!!

Bonnie
11-11-2009, 06:03 PM

:happydancing:

Congratulations, Cubs! I look forward, like ChrisF, to making these milestones. Thanks for putting me on your list. :)

Primadawn
11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Hoooray!!!! So soooooo soooooooooo glad to hear it Bonnie!!!! :happydancing:

Bonnie
11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dck-hp-iS4

I had to speak about it :ashamed: :laugh:

:cool:

Thanks, Dave! :)

Tyburn
11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
:cool:

Thanks, Dave! :)

:w00t: your welcome Bonnie...I'm just over the moon about this news :happydancing:

Play The Man
11-12-2009, 08:06 AM

It will be 13 years for me in February. God bless you, Bonnie!

Tyburn
11-12-2009, 06:07 PM
This whole thread gives me the fuzzies :happy:

Llamafighter
11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
It will be 13 years for me in February. God bless you, Bonnie!

AWESOME!

Silverback
11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
With all the bad news you hear about this gives hope, I wish you the very best.

lyndsey823
11-14-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm a few days late on this, but I am so incredibly happy to hear this Bonnie!!!! I am so excited for you. This is some amazingly great news! SOOOOOO HAPPY!!