PDA

View Full Version : SWINE flu is here and.....

Jason 16
11-10-2009, 01:30 PM
its not even as bad as the flu????? my town has about 2000 or so people and about 50 to 100 people have it (this all happened over the last weekend).currently iam at home with my 5 year old neice who as swine flu and well she is fine. with out motrin she has a 102 temp and feels a little sick. with it she has no temp at all. so what was the big fuss about.

Primadawn
11-10-2009, 02:34 PM
2 of my daughters, my husband and I have all had it. We were VERY sick--fevers, bad body aches, terrible cough--a few had intestinal issues. My little one started to get better but then hers turned into a viral bronchitis and she's quite sick again. The rest of us had it for about 5 days each and are now all over it.

In general though, no worse than the regular flu, which is pretty miserable too.

Jason 16
11-10-2009, 02:35 PM
2 of my daughters, my husband and I have all had it. We were VERY sick--fevers, bad body aches, terrible cough--a few had intestinal issues. My little one started to get better but then hers turned into a viral bronchitis and she's quite sick again. The rest of us had it for about 5 days each and are now all over it.

In general though, no worse than the regular flu, which is pretty miserable too.

wow Iam sorry to hear that I guess we were the lucky ones

mscomc
11-10-2009, 04:59 PM
its not even as bad as the flu????? my town has about 2000 or so people and about 50 to 100 people have it (this all happened over the last weekend).currently iam at home with my 5 year old neice who as swine flu and well she is fine. with out motrin she has a 102 temp and feels a little sick. with it she has no temp at all. so what was the big fuss about.

I think one of the big things that this flu has that regular influenza does not, is that this flu can apparently attack the lungs directly. Normally, when you get the flu, laboured breathing, or body aches around the chest are the result of amalgamtion of the rest of the flu. But this strain can apparently target lung cells specifically. Thats why anyone who has a history of respiratory problems is at a greater risk.

Now, i dont know if that alone is enough to make the fuss that people have been making, but meh.....:wink:

Mac
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Boone had it last week , his fever got up to 102 but it never slowed him down , he was still running though the house and playing enjoying his time off from school.

My youngest son Hank "18 mos old" had been around Boone in the same house for a week straight , his baby sitter had a couple children there with the swine flu as well and he never even got so much as a sniffle from it. I told someone that i think he is solid cast iron under that curly blonde hair lol.

Becky my wife got a little congestion and i got a sore throat and some congestion but that was it , it never got even remotley close enough to keep me out of a deerstand or home from work .

I think the h1n1 storm had a whole lotta thunder and very little lightening.

atomdanger
11-10-2009, 07:30 PM
It isn't nearly as bad as the seasonal flu,
the media is a ridiculous propaganda machine.

Seasonal flu has, and will continue to kill wayyyy more people than h1n1

rockdawg21
11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
What they are trying to do is simply prevent the next big pandemic. Just because we live in a world with modern technological advances since the last "big one", it doesn't make us immune from it.