PDA

View Full Version : Guatemala

mikthehick
11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm coveting prayers for my upcoming Missions Trip to Guatemala! We have been having meetings at church every few Sundays, and after 6 months of support raising, I reached my goal :)

Now the real work begins as we spiritually prepare and gather everything. We'll be gone from January 8-18 and I'll be keeping you guys updated as this will be a life changing event for our group here.

I'm good friends with everyone going, which is a definite plus. The only problems right now is the holidays and an intensive class I'm taking the week before, but the good news it that I get a whole month off from work :cool: That will be interesting!

Thanks in advance and I look forward to where this journey leads :)

Kimmy

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I am sure everything will work out great .. sounds exciting .. take care and you will have prayers from here so that things go smooth ...

VCURamFan
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm sure you'll have a great time, Kim! I'll be praying for you & your whole team.

Btw, though: Belize is better!:laugh:

Neezar
11-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Wishing you insight to God's will on your journey. :)

Bonnie
11-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Wishing you all much success, Kim. I'll be praying.

TexasRN
11-11-2009, 01:12 AM
My prayers are with your entire group. You will have a blast. And don't listen to Ben. I hear Honduras is where it's really at. :blink:

~Amy

shon8121
11-11-2009, 02:11 AM
I had an ex girlfriend that visited Guatemala because her Dad was born there. I hear its beautiful. You should have a blast.

I wanna see the cool Pyramid/Temple thingies in person. The pictures I saw were awesome.

mikthehick
11-12-2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Even in the most desolate places, there is beauty. It could be something as small as a flower, but in every bit of creation, God put a piece of himself in it.

I'll be sure to get thousands of pictures there and post them on facebook. I'll share them with you on here too :)

Thanks everyone, onward and upward!!!

Kimmy

mikthehick
01-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Well you guys, I'm about to head out of the US to Guat :) This is my first time being outta the country (but I have been to 30+ states).

I'm looking forward to God making some really good moves for the Kingdom down there. We'll be helping out with a kid's school during the day and then visiting the town of Antigua for a couple nights with some street ministry.

Other plans include two days at Lake Atitlan and a hike up an active volcano!

My concentration in college was seismology, so I'm really looking forward to seeing some lava in real life :)

Take it easy forums, I'll see you later and will post pictures!

Jonlion
01-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I shall be praying for you and your group