PDA

View Full Version : ***Strikeforce Spoilers***

rockdawg21
11-08-2009, 01:00 AM
It's 8:00PM Central, time to start!

rockdawg21
11-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Ugh, we get to hear Mauro Ranallo tonight. He's been announcing MMA for years, but he knows about 10% of what the casual fan knows about MMA. I can't stand that guy.

Liddellfan
11-08-2009, 01:26 AM
He gets on my nerves. I wonder how many times he will say "carried out on his shield" tonight?....Also can't stand when he says "inside cup kick", for some reason it makes me cringe.

rockdawg21
11-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Werdum vs. Silva

Werdum by decision.

rockdawg21
11-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Mousasi vs. Sokoudju

Mousasi via TKO rd 2

I'm impressed with Mousasi, he's a pretty skilled and fast fighter.

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Haha, Jason with the reverse Strip 'O Doom.:laugh:

I was glad to finally see some of Predator's judo in the first rnd, but happy to see Gegard pull the W.

War Mayhem.

TexasRN
11-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Mayhem....:laugh: What a hooligan.

~Amy

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Wow. Mayhem gets taken down twice (mounted once), but stands-up both times in the first. Adds his own 2 takedowns, & I give him the 1st.

2nd definitely goes to Shields, but I don't think he did any real damage. He's breathing a little heavy now, I think Jason's planning of trying to gas him may be working OK so far.

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Nice foot sweep by Jason to open the round. Jake immediately rolls him & spends the first half of the round in control.

O man! Jason almost chokes out Shields in the closing seconds!

TexasRN
11-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Man oh man oh man oh man. That bell just barely saved Shields. You could see the panic beginning in his eyes.

~Amy

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 02:36 AM
4th def goes to Jake. So far I give Jake 1 & 4; Mayhem took 2. 3 was up for grabs (in my mind). Either way, Jason needs to throw hands this rnd & avoid the TD.

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Man oh man oh man oh man. That bell just barely saved Shields. You could see the panic beginning in his eyes.

~Amy
Truth. I was praying that Shields would just stay limp once the bell rang.

TexasRN
11-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Jason better pull something off now cuz he's definitely losing this. :unsure-1:

~Amy

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Shields by UD. Disappointing.

kevint13
11-08-2009, 02:46 AM
Give him Hendo or Robbie for first defense!

jasonmma
11-08-2009, 02:47 AM
jake lay and pray shields that was boring as it gets. hope hendo gets the next shot at him he wont be able to out wrestle him

Llamafighter
11-08-2009, 02:50 AM
is Hendo definitely going to strikeforce?

Llamafighter
11-08-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm getting anxious for the main event. going to be weird seeing Fedor in the cage:)

rockdawg21
11-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Shields had better lay off the crack. GSP would murder him. Shields is good, but he'd be average in the UFC's welterweight division.

Llamafighter
11-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Shields had better lay off the crack. GSP would murder him. Shields is good, but he'd be average in the UFC's welterweight division.

I agree.

Adia
11-08-2009, 02:57 AM
My head is going to explode if I have to watch one more advertisement !!!!

Llamafighter
11-08-2009, 03:00 AM
My head is going to explode if I have to watch one more advertisement !!!!

no kidding I would have loved to see the walkouts.

Adia
11-08-2009, 03:01 AM
no kidding I would have loved to see the walkouts.

Me too!

Adia
11-08-2009, 03:07 AM
that's a lot of blood....

rockdawg21
Oh my God whatta 1st round! Fedor's face is cut like crazy! I'm really impressed with Rogers so far. I thought as soon as Rogers was on his back, it was over.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

VCURamFan
C'mon, Rogers, I thought that if you got taken down you'd "just stand up again". Why are you huffing & puffing so much?

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 03:10 AM
GOOD NIGHT!

Adia
that was beautiful. I <3 Fedor. Yum

rockdawg21
Amazing! Basically the same thing as the Arlovski fight. Out of NOWHERE, a HUGE overhand right by Fedor. Unreal!

Llamafighter
11-08-2009, 03:11 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Adia
11-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Amazing! Basically the same thing as the Arlovski fight. Out of NOWHERE, a HUGE overhand right by Fedor. Unreal!

Indeed. He tagged him and he flattened. This is how it should be done.

kevint13
11-08-2009, 03:15 AM
This was a good fight for Fedor's first on tv. It was not pure domination which will entice people to watch and want to see a good fight.

Hats off to Roger's....he came to fight.

Irish Pride
11-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Good fights. I got a lil nervous there for Fedor haha.:punch:

F34R
11-08-2009, 03:16 AM
never doubted Fedor at all... I called it while we were watching the fights.. i said here comes the over hand right... and BOOOOM!.

kevint13
11-08-2009, 03:20 AM
is Hendo definitely going to strikeforce?

From what I heard, the UFC offer is off the table and Scott Coker didn't want to negotiate while he was working on tonight's fights....so likely in the next week or so.

Robbie is supposed to fight in December, maybe him and Hendo?

Vizion
11-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Yay FEDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they do NOT rematch Rogers/Fedor tho.

rearnakedchoke
11-08-2009, 03:24 AM
fedor is the man ...

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Great end to a miserable day (woke up with an extra 40lbs in my sinuses/throat). Now I can finish my beer, take NyQuil & get a goo night's sleep!

rearnakedchoke
11-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Great end to a miserable day (woke up with an extra 40lbs in my sinuses/throat). Now I can finish my beer, take NyQuil & get a goo night's sleep!

just don't go all Chuck Liddell with that Nyquil

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 03:40 AM
just don't go all Chuck Liddell with that Nyquil
Meh. I'm not going to an interview in the morning, just church!:laugh::blink::ninja:

Liddellfan
11-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Got really nervous when Fedor was getting pounded on his back, but he ended it with that murderous right hand. Hats off to Rogers, he faught a really good fight.

J.B.
11-08-2009, 04:50 AM
sigh....dahhh!!!!! what a waste.....LOL......DAHHHH!!!!!

MMA is like football right now...LOLSIGH...:wacko:

I wanted to see Rogers win!

Maybe Fedor is unstoppable.....:unsure:

bj44
11-08-2009, 05:12 AM
fedors weakness is he gets cut easily..... he was never really hurt... did Rogers land anything on the feet besides that jab 30 seconds in?????

flo
11-08-2009, 06:30 AM

Yeah, awesome fight!

NyQuil should do the trick, that sinus thing is a bummer. Hope you are better tomorrow.

ufcfan2
11-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I got to watch the fight and it was good tussel :) Rogers did okay he had the size and strength to power out of a few stuff,but he seemed to gas...I agree I didn't think Rogers let his hands go especially when he had Fedro against the cage maybe he was afraid of the TD's???
*those SF announcers or CBS announcers suck,they are soo bad.

TexasRN
11-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Meh. I'm not going to an interview in the morning, just church!:laugh::blink::ninja:

:blink: :laugh:

~Amy

cubsfan47
11-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I enjoyed those fights, and so did a lot of other people apparently. Between rounds I checked the Direct TV viewing rankings, and Strike force was third behind the two college football games that were on. The "counter programming" by the UFC wasn't on the radar.

I don't know what the official ratings were, but I think CBS has figured out how to program MMA. Which is fine with me because I simply cannot justify the $45 PPV for the UFC most of the time. I will gladly put up with the commercials.

Llamafighter
11-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I thought it was a really good fight. Fedor showed amazing focus even with that busted nose. Rogers was very upset with himself, but I think he'll come back a lot better. WAR FEDOR!!

rockdawg21
11-08-2009, 01:41 PM
fedors weakness is he gets cut easily..... he was never really hurt... did Rogers land anything on the feet besides that jab 30 seconds in?????
Rogers was on top getting the ground & pound at one point. Fedor ate several big shots, went for the kimura off his back, but Rogers defended it well.

I was very impressed with Rogers tonight, but just like Fedor said, "watch for an opening", he mentioned something about an opening in the footwork. Rogers should lead with the jab before the overhand right. As soon as that was noticed about the delay in throwing the overhand right, Fedor simply beat him to the punch.

lc87
11-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Did anyone notice how they said fedor got stopped from the cut way back when not because he couldn't continue the tourny?

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Did anyone notice how they said fedor got stopped from the cut way back when not because he couldn't continue the tourny?
Well, it was an accidental head-butt that opened the cut, which was bad enough that they had to stop the fight. Had it been a one-off fight, it would have been ruled an NC, but since it was a tourney, they needed a winner & since he clearly wouldn't be able to continue, they gave it to the other guy.

cheachea
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
What a great fight. I prayed for Fedor before the fight. Rogers actually did better than I thought he would. I was a little irritatated with Roger's attitude after the fight, he could of been a little more gracious and humble and given Fedor credit for the win. It's all good though . I was so happy when Fedor won.

atomdanger
11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Well, it was an accidental head-butt that opened the cut, which was bad enough that they had to stop the fight. Had it been a one-off fight, it would have been ruled an NC, but since it was a tourney, they needed a winner & since he clearly wouldn't be able to continue, they gave it to the other guy.

You mean illegal elbow?

atomdanger
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Great fights. Miller/shields was a little lame i expected more.
But oh well.

Rogers only made it out of the first because of his size and Fedor having never fought in a cage before.
I thought he came off a little rude after the fight.

Werdum won't touch Fedor.

VCURamFan
11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
You mean illegal elbow?
O right, my bad.:wacko:

matthughesfan21
11-08-2009, 10:31 PM
I enjoyed those fights, and so did a lot of other people apparently. Between rounds I checked the Direct TV viewing rankings, and Strike force was third behind the two college football games that were on. The "counter programming" by the UFC wasn't on the radar.

I don't know what the official ratings were, but I think CBS has figured out how to program MMA. Which is fine with me because I simply cannot justify the $45 PPV for the UFC most of the time. I will gladly put up with the commercials.I think the ratings are good because its MMA and with good fights, people are going to tune in...The setup is terrible in my opinion...The announcers suck, the entrances and interviews and all that are sub par, and in between the Shields/Miller and Fedor/Rogers fights there were 15 minutes of commercials which is just horrendous....I like that I don't have to pay for the ppv, but I never do anyways, I'd rather see a UFC ppv than a CBS broadcast

atomdanger
11-09-2009, 12:58 AM
I think the ratings are good because its MMA and with good fights, people are going to tune in...The setup is terrible in my opinion...The announcers suck, the entrances and interviews and all that are sub par, and in between the Shields/Miller and Fedor/Rogers fights there were 15 minutes of commercials which is just horrendous....I like that I don't have to pay for the ppv, but I never do anyways, I'd rather see a UFC ppv than a CBS broadcast

Yeah, I don't think the UFC does it much better with free events on Spike.
I don't really care about commercials, etc....

I agree with you on the announcers though... *shudder*

County Mike
11-09-2009, 03:27 AM
Great job Fedor!

Took that shot to the face and still kept his normal expression. His over-hand right is a cannon.

I liked Rogers from some of the preview, back story stuff but didn't care for his attitude after the fight. I don't think he'll do any better in a rematch. I want to see Fedor get the title shot.

Neezar
11-09-2009, 04:01 AM
I am having the CSI guys take pics of the gash in Fedor's nose and match it up with Roger's thumbnail. :dry:

Neezar
11-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Everyone knows that I love me some Fedor but I am shocked that no one is calling early stoppage. I thought Brett was coming around with his leg to get up when Big John called it.

atomdanger
11-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Everyone knows that I love me some Fedor but I am shocked that no one is calling early stoppage. I thought Brett was coming around with his leg to get up when Big John called it.

Really???
He rolled over and covered.
After completely dropping (I think he was out and hitting the ground woke him).
Good stoppage IMO, not even questionable.

Play The Man
11-09-2009, 05:06 AM
What a great fight. I prayed for Fedor before the fight. Rogers actually did better than I thought he would. I was a little irritatated with Roger's attitude after the fight, he could of been a little more gracious and humble and given Fedor credit for the win. It's all good though . I was so happy when Fedor won.

I agree, I thought Fedor was soft-spoken, humble and gracious and Rogers looked bad in comparison. Fedor could have KO'd a horse with that punch.

Maldonado136
11-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Really???

yeah for sure. the fact that rogers stayed down makes it more than obvious that it was a good stoppage. with the crappy calls in the ufc lately i have no idea why they havent gotten big john back in there.

atomdanger
11-09-2009, 08:19 AM
yeah for sure. the fact that rogers stayed down makes it more than obvious that it was a good stoppage. with the crappy calls in the ufc lately i have no idea why they havent gotten big john back in there.

There will never be a substitute for experience.

rockdawg21
11-09-2009, 09:31 AM
It was a good stoppage, Rogers was out. You could even see the "what happened" look on his face when he came to.

Llamafighter
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
It was a good stoppage, Rogers was out. You could even see the "what happened" look on his face when he came to.

no question it was a good stoppage.

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I am having the CSI guys take pics of the gash in Fedor's nose and match it up with Roger's thumbnail. :dry:

nah, i am pretty sure that fedor had a cut there before and the punch just opened it up ... i pvr'd the fight and was watching the preview and they showed a close up of the emperor ... he has a scar on his nose in the exact same spot ... fedor is a bleeding, linland cut him early and a shot from a guy weighing 260 plus is gonna break your nose and cause a cut

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM

nah, when you cover up and turtle, the fight is over ... he wasn't trying to roll or nothing .. good stoppage ...

Crisco
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Does anyone esle feel that shields doesnt deserve the belt?

Yea he won the fight but I dont think he fought like a champion.

Mayhem would have tapped him out if he had a few more seconds.

I'd like to see a rematch I think mayhem takes the fight from Jake "lay and pray" Shields.

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Does anyone esle feel that shields doesnt deserve the belt?

Yea he won the fight but I dont think he fought like a champion.

Mayhem would have tapped him out if he had a few more seconds.

I'd like to see a rematch I think mayhem takes the fight from Jake "lay and pray" Shields.

shields did what he needed to to win the fight ... mayhem thought he could tire jake out, but was in for a surprise .. i can't stand the way shield fights, but he did what he needed to do ...

what surprised me was sokodjou .. yeah, i know he got his ass whooped, but he was able to take gegard down a few times and when gegard got the takedown, he was able to end up on top ... he is still real young and has time to improve ...

jasonmma
11-09-2009, 01:09 PM
i dont think there should be a rematch, but i think the first defense for him should be hendo or lawler, there wont be any laying and praying then. both of them could easily take advantage of what mayhem didnt

Spiritwalker
11-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Really???

I was thinking it was a bit early til I watched the replay also.. Good Stop!

Llamafighter
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
nah, i am pretty sure that fedor had a cut there before and the punch just opened it up ... i pvr'd the fight and was watching the preview and they showed a close up of the emperor ... he has a scar on his nose in the exact same spot ... fedor is a bleeding, linland cut him early and a shot from a guy weighing 260 plus is gonna break your nose and cause a cut

Confirmed that there was no break. just a bad cut.I thought it looked broken too but guess not.

CAVEMAN
11-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I agree, I thought Fedor was soft-spoken, humble and gracious and Rogers looked bad in comparison. Fedor could have KO'd a horse with that punch.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CAVEMAN
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
How many times did Big John have to tell Rogers to get his fingers out of the cage???? I think he was afraid of getting dumped on his head! :laugh:

I thought Fedor looked very composed and did a great job. Rogers is a mammoth, but Fedor is a droid!:laugh:

Chuck
11-09-2009, 06:20 PM

What did you guys see that makes you think Rogers looked bad in the post fight?

He just looked disappointed and angry with himself to me... did I miss something? :blink:

Play The Man
11-09-2009, 06:25 PM

He just looked disappointed and angry with himself to me... did I miss something? :blink:

He didn't throw a tantrum or anything. It was an overall impression, not any particular word or action.

donaldbreland
11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Fedor won the fight but Rodgers showed he deserved to be there fighting Fedor. Fedor is a great fighter but I still don't see him beating a guy like Brock. Brock is more powerful than Rogers and hit a heck of a lot harder. Plus Fedor couldn't stop Brocks wrestling. I want to see a Fedor/Rodgers rematch. I owe someone a Pepsi.

Llamafighter
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM

That's all I saw.

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2009, 07:17 PM

yeah, he was more upset that he got caught than anything .. he didn't dispute the call or pull a forrest and run out like a baby ... he was in the biggest fight of his career and thought to himself that he could've won .. there won't be a rematch .. fedor will beat overeem and werdum on the same nite

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Confirmed that there was no break. just a bad cut.I thought it looked broken too but guess not.

great confirmation .. thanks .. it was reported first that his nose was broken ... you are better than sherdog .. more like sherllama .......

Llamafighter
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
great confirmation .. thanks .. it was reported first that his nose was broken ... you are better than sherdog .. more like sherllama .......

Sherllama!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bj44
11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Fedor won the fight but Rodgers showed he deserved to be there fighting Fedor. Fedor is a great fighter but I still don't see him beating a guy like Brock. Brock is more powerful than Rogers and hit a heck of a lot harder. Plus Fedor couldn't stop Brocks wrestling. I want to see a Fedor/Rodgers rematch. I owe someone a Pepsi.

you know when they sparred rogers knocked brock out in training right? lmfao

Llamafighter
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
you know when they sparred rogers knocked brock out in training right? lmfao

is that true?:w00t:

CAVEMAN
11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
In a post fight interview with ESPN Radio, Rogers did say he thought the fight was stopped to early. That is the only statement he said that I disagree with. He was clearly out and was not defending himself when Big John stepped in.

CAVEMAN
11-09-2009, 09:13 PM

Brock and Fedor would be a great match up and I would love to see it! But unfortunately it will probably never happen.

Llamafighter
11-09-2009, 09:15 PM
In a post fight interview with ESPN Radio, Rogers did say he thought the fight was stopped to early. That is the only statement he said that I disagree with. He was clearly out and was not defending himself when Big John stepped in.

Yeah, it was only going to get a whole lot more painful for him. the stoppage was not to early, IMO.

donaldbreland
11-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I kind of think that if Fedor wouldn't have landed what looked to be the hardest punch I have ever seen, Fedor would have got beat. Fedor lost that first round and I think Rodgers has what it takes to beat him. Rodgers showed good ground work against a guy like Fedor. I will have to say that after the bad mouthing I gave Fedor last week. he proved that he is a beast. I just wish we can have a Brock/Fedor fight.

By the way the Rodgers knocking out Lesner was false.

Buzzard
11-09-2009, 10:46 PM

That's what I first thought happened. Looked like a thumbnail cut.

atomdanger
11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
I kind of think that if Fedor wouldn't have landed what looked to be the hardest punch I have ever seen, Fedor would have got beat. Fedor lost that first round and I think Rodgers has what it takes to beat him. Rodgers showed good ground work against a guy like Fedor. I will have to say that after the bad mouthing I gave Fedor last week. he proved that he is a beast. I just wish we can have a Brock/Fedor fight.

How do you feel he lost the round?
2 TD's, 3 Submission attempts and did more than hold his own standing.

Tyburn
11-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Shields by UD. Disappointing.

:angry: HEY I like Jake Shields

Rackin
11-10-2009, 12:21 AM

Not sure why you think that, the first round was fairly even, and probably could have been scored either way, but I thought Fedor did more.

http://compustrike.com/stats_files/strikeforce_11_7/Emelianenko-Rogers.HTM

Jason 16
11-10-2009, 01:03 PM
:angry: HEY I like Jake Shields

Umm ok that makes one person:ninja::Whistle:

Tyburn
11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Umm ok that makes one person:ninja::Whistle:

Yeah...but I'm one enourmous person :ninja::laugh:

VCURamFan
11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah...but I'm one enourmous person :ninja::laugh:
You said it, not me!!:Whistle:

Tyburn
11-11-2009, 05:41 PM
You said it, not me!!:Whistle:

I said it so you didnt have to :wink:

VCURamFan
11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I said it so you didnt have to :wink:
What good friends we have here!!:happydancing:

Tyburn
11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
What good friends we have here!!:happydancing:

:laugh:

Do you know I still have that brown Quiznos napkin on my wall infront of me :blink:

VCURamFan
11-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Hahaha, found this on another site with the caption "Well, Guess It Wasn't a Early Stoppage..."

http://i37.tinypic.com/2hxvlvp.jpg

Neezar
11-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Hahaha, found this on another site with the caption "Well, Guess It Wasn't a Early Stoppage..."

http://i37.tinypic.com/2hxvlvp.jpg
:scared0015:

:laugh: