PDA

View Full Version : Let's make it clear..

Spiritwalker
11-07-2009, 02:55 PM
In the past I have been misunderstood as "God Bashing" and other things close to that.. I want to make it very clear..

I am not Anti any religion. I am not Anti God.

I feel that religion should be promonate in schools.. in court houses, in legal forms, on money, in the hearts and minds of everyone.

God is living force, a tangible thought and many other things.

But just because I belive a certain way, does not mean that everyone else should belive the same way I do.

To take the most popular and widespread religion, and say that it is the right religion, is not correct.

When people go and witness, that is great and how it should be, when people tell others of their releationship with God... FANTASTIC!!!!

But to slight(verbally, physically, financally) those that do not belive the same as you, is not what a large portion of this country is about.

If you can't get along with another person due to religious belifes, the walk away. The same as if you can't get along due to the stupid reasons.. just walk away.

Kicking Muslims/Jews/Hindus/fungus worishippers... out of the country who have done nothing wrong is Un-American.

The Statue of Liberty is a woman wearing a stola, a radiant crown and sandals, trampling a broken chain, carrying a torch in her raised right hand and a tabula ansata tablet, where the date of the Declaration of Independence JULY IV MDCCLXXVI is inscribed, in her left arm. Standing on Liberty Island in New York Harbor, she welcomes visitors, immigrants, and returning Americans traveling by ship.

While I think that we should add a M16 slung over her shoulder for those that would attack this country.. We need to remember that this country should welcome ALL.

Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke [reason with] thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.
-- Leviticus 19: 17-18 (KJV)

Does that mean love the people around you as long as they belive the same as you?

shon8121
11-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I feel that religion should be promonate in schools.. in court houses, in legal forms, on money, in the hearts and minds of everyone.

God is living force, a tangible thought and many other things.

But just because I belive a certain way, does not mean that everyone else should belive the same way I do.

But if Religion were prominant in Schools... which Religion would it be? I mean, Religion is not allowed to be endorsed by School officials because that would be Unconstitutional... but the Students are allowed to worship whomever deity they please.
It's the same with Court Houses... it's actually Unconstitutional for the Ten Commandments to be placed there... as well as on Legal Forms (that relate to Government) and on our Money...

But god or Religion can be in the mind of anyone, that of course doesn't matter thanks to our First Amendment. It doesn't matter who you are, you will receive no Religious persecution here (or at least you're not supposed to) because you are given the right as an American to worship whatever god or gods you desire. :-)

Spiritwalker
11-07-2009, 04:26 PM
But if Religion were prominant in Schools... which Religion would it be? I mean, Religion is not allowed to be endorsed by School officials because that would be Unconstitutional... but the Students are allowed to worship whomever deity they please.
It's the same with Court Houses... it's actually Unconstitutional for the Ten Commandments to be placed there... as well as on Legal Forms (that relate to Government) and on our Money...

But god or Religion can be in the mind of anyone, that of course doesn't matter thanks to our First Amendment. It doesn't matter who you are, you will receive no Religious persecution here (or at least you're not supposed to) because you are given the right as an American to worship whatever god or gods you desire. :-)

100% Agree.