PDA

View Full Version : Brett Rogers: "I’m The Chosen One"

snakerattle79
11-04-2009, 02:55 PM
http://news.fightmagazine.com/brett-rogers-mma-fedor-strikeforce-2028/

After Brett Rogers knocked out Andrei Arlovski on June 6, he met Fedor Emelianenko immediately. They were asked to pose for photos together and in that whirlwind Rogers realized he would one day fight the world’s best heavyweight—he just didn’t think it would be five months later.

Critics and fans have been shocked at Rogers’ assertions about his upcoming bout against the world’s best heavyweight: Emelianenko’s not invincible, Emelianenko hasn’t been hit like he can hit and Emelianenko will lose on Nov. 7.

But nothing seems to be shaking Rogers. Not the fact that Emelianenko is a superior ground fighte, that he has far more experience against far better fighters. In fact, Rogers has a counter for all of it: he’s 40-pounds heavier, hard to take down, and unfazed by main event attention.

“I never think about losing,” said Rogers of his confidence. He doesn’t think about losing because if he does, well, it will come sooner than later.

As it stands, Rogers believes all the pressure is on his oppenent because he has a reputation to uphold as the world’s best heavyweight. “I still feel like a dude off the street going into the cage sometimes,” said Rogers. “I shouldn’t feel like that…It is what it is. This is my career man. This is who I am. This is me now.”

Rogers knows that fighters have a short shelf-life, that he has to take advantage of every opportunity and make the most of it for himself and his family. After all, he escaped the Chicago ghettos and worked round the clock changing tires and training to earn the right to be here, on the verge of fame and wealth he could only imagine a few years ago.

“I just felt I needed to do something good. My grandma had 10 kids man. No superstars, no doctors, no lawyers. See where I’m going with that?” said Rogers. “I’m like man, if anybody’s the chosen one, I’m feeling like I’m the chosen one.”

CAVEMAN
11-04-2009, 04:02 PM
The Chosen One to go to sleep!:laugh:

Crisco
11-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Who doesh he think he is?

Obama?

VCURamFan
11-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Obama?
Yes he can!

Spiritwalker
11-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes he can!

No He Can't!

VCURamFan
11-04-2009, 04:41 PM
No He Can't!
Yeah, you're probably right.:laugh:

Krupp
11-04-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't think that he CAN'T win...he does have a few things going for him...

I just think he WON'T. If Arlovski couldn't beat Fedor in a stand up fight, Rogers won't either.

billwilliams70
11-04-2009, 05:59 PM
II just think he WON'T. If Arlovski couldn't beat Fedor in a stand up fight, Rogers won't either.
Playin' devil's advocate here......I think that many people thought that Arlovski WAS beating Fedor until he got caught with a well placed punch.

Later.

VCURamFan
11-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Sherdog made a really good point: Arlovski, Sylvia, Schilt, Hong & a slew of others have all had a puncher's chance against him. Never turned out too well, though!

Krupp
11-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Playin' devil's advocate here......I think that many people thought that Arlovski WAS beating Fedor until he got caught with a well placed punch.

Later.

Point taken. Now, I haven't seen Rogers fight, so does anyone know how technically sound he is with his hands? We all know Arlovski was quite good...

So my argument would consist of this; yeah, I think Arlovski might've been winning that fight, but if he's technically better than Rogers, well...then no wonder he was doing well against Fedor.

Spiritwalker
11-04-2009, 08:28 PM
For the short amount of time that fight was.. Arlovski was winning. He just got stupid.. and this is coming from a Arlovski N'hugger... Fedor seemed to be caught off gaurd...

Arlovski was like.. Bad Russian accent ":w00t:WHEEEEEEE I'm doing it.. I'm doing IT!!! :punch: .... Knee shot time!!!! "

SMACK!! :faint:(Joe Rogan Voice) "RIGHT on the BUTTON!!!!!"

Bad Russian accent... "Wha happen....:dizzy:"

Rogers has some skills.. but he is like a better Kevin Ferguson.. with more power..

If Fedor is smart.. (and he is)... he will do this.....

During the Stare Down.. he will point at Brett then draw his index finger across his neck.. then in the best Drago voice he has.. "I will break you" right into the mike....

The bell rings.. Fedors shots right in.. and welcomes Brett to High Level MMA as only Fedor can...

Point taken. Now, I haven't seen Rogers fight, so does anyone know how technically sound he is with his hands? We all know Arlovski was quite good...

So my argument would consist of this; yeah, I think Arlovski might've been winning that fight, but if he's technically better than Rogers, well...then no wonder he was doing well against Fedor.

J.B.
11-04-2009, 08:33 PM

Obama?

No, Rodgers just thinks he can beat Fedor.

It's not like he thinks he was born in a Kenyan manger.
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/7c/Jesus_obama.jpg

:rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
11-04-2009, 08:35 PM

It's not like he thinks he was born in a Kenyan manger

:blink:
:unsure:
:scared0015:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:

Chuck
11-04-2009, 11:16 PM

It's not like he thinks he was born in a Kenyan manger.

You've been waiting a while to pull that one out haven't you??? :D

Rogers in an upset.... you heard it hear first.... :happydancing:

J.B.
11-04-2009, 11:28 PM
You've been waiting a while to pull that one out haven't you??? :D

Rogers in an upset.... you heard it hear first.... :happydancing:

Yeah, it takes a special thread to merit an appearance from Black Jesus...:laugh:

Honestly, even I find that picture a bit disturbing. :blink:

Maldonado136
11-05-2009, 01:55 AM
I don't think that he CAN'T win...he does have a few things going for him...

I just think he WON'T. If Arlovski couldn't beat Fedor in a stand up fight, Rogers won't either.

arlovski was winning the stand up but he decided it would be cool to leap into the air without protecting his face. anyway if fedor loses i will be pissed.

bj44
11-05-2009, 02:11 AM
arlovski was winning the stand up but he decided it would be cool to leap into the air without protecting his face. anyway if fedor loses i will be pissed.

So Carwin was losing to Gonzaga before he knocked him out to and got his nose broken.... It happens to fighters alot but somhow just cause fedor was losing a fight for a minute it means hes not the best!!!! what a joke

rockdawg21
11-05-2009, 03:19 AM

I've seen about 3 of his fights. Looking at his physique, I doubt his endurance, but like Fedor's appearance, never judge a book by its' cover. He is extremely fast on his feet, punches quickly and hard having finished all of his 10 fights due to strikes - knees and punches. The dude finishes fights, period.

All odds point to Fedor, no doubt, he's the man, but I wouldn't necessarily count Rogers out of this fight at all. I'd say Fedor's shot is to put Rogers on his back, I haven't seen that done yet.

Maldonado136
11-07-2009, 03:51 AM
So Carwin was losing to Gonzaga before he knocked him out to and got his nose broken.... It happens to fighters alot but somhow just cause fedor was losing a fight for a minute it means hes not the best!!!! what a joke

so when did i ever say fedor wasnt the best?? what a joke.

que
11-07-2009, 05:03 AM

if you had nine uncles and aunts who did nothing with their lives, and you were the only person in your family who actually made something of your life, and beat "the best fighter on the planet" on national television, then i bet you'd be questioning if you were the chosen one too, within your family.

MattHughesRocks
11-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Chosen to get his ass kicked perhaps.

(PS I did not read this thread at all, just the title)

hizo64
11-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Chosen to get his ass kicked perhaps.

(PS I did not read this thread at all, just the title)

:laugh: thats quality!! And yes he was the chosen for that!