PDA

View Full Version : Will Gegard trump Sokoudjou

Tyburn
11-03-2009, 11:16 PM
:huh:

Its happening on the same strikeforce card as Fedor...and I dont know who will win :blink:

Josh
11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Moussasi will win it IMO. He is a really excellent fighter. Top five in the world.

Tyburn
11-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Moussasi will win it IMO. He is a really excellent fighter. Top five in the world.

how come he isnt in the UFC then?

I hear alot about him, and I've seen a highlight reel or two and I like what I see...but...if he's that good already...howcome Zuffa havent snapped him up :huh:

bj44
11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
how come he isnt in the UFC then?

I hear alot about him, and I've seen a highlight reel or two and I like what I see...but...if he's that good already...howcome Zuffa havent snapped him up :huh:

He knocked out Babalu in the first round his last fight if you haven't seen it..... Um he has the same manager and trains at the same camp as Fedor so that's why

Soko has a punchers chance versus anyone though the guy is so explosive.....

Josh
11-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Moussasi is much more well rounded . I would love to see him fight Anderson or Machida. He used to fight a HW so he would sure help the UFC HW div. out. Oh well.

rearnakedchoke
11-05-2009, 02:25 PM
gegard is sick .. should make this look easy ... i like soakajew, but he needs to use his judo more to take people down and control fights rather than rely on his punching .. .

Crisco
11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Soko is overrated by a lot of people in my opinion.

He has the skills but he is a stupid fighter. He doesn't use his brain when he fights.

Gegard takes this fight in the first.

Max
11-05-2009, 04:25 PM

Its happening on the same strikeforce card as Fedor...and I dont know who will win :blink:

Ive you've ever seen Mousasi fight it should be an easy choice. He has beaten Kang, Manhoef, Jacaré, Hunt and Babalu and has finished them all. His last loss was to Akihiro Gono back in 2006.

The reason he is not in the UFC is because he wants to fight in DREAM and there is no way the UFC would let him do that, Strikeforce will.

Llamafighter
11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Ive you've ever seen Mousasi fight it should be an easy choice. He has beaten Kang, Manhoef, Jacaré, Hunt and Babalu and has finished them all. His last loss was to Akihiro Gono back in 2006.

The reason he is not in the UFC is because he wants to fight in DREAM and there is no way the UFC would let him do that, Strikeforce will.

he claims that they (UFC) has never offered him a contract. I think it's due to his limited US exposure and being connected to M-1

Max
11-05-2009, 04:59 PM
he claims that they (UFC) has never offered him a contract. I think it's due to his limited US exposure and being connected to M-1

Im sure the M-1 thing is a big part. IF the UFC could have come to a deal with Fedor Im sure they would have signed Mousasi as well

atomdanger
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM

Oh come on!!!!

Gegard is going to maul him, this fight should be fairly one sided.

Jason 16
11-06-2009, 10:53 PM
gegard could easly be the champ in the ufc at MW LHW and be a top contender at HW . he has fights and won at all three weights as well as after he koed babalu sobral he said he would take a fight as low as middle if he was asked

que
11-07-2009, 03:45 AM
gegard could easly be the champ in the ufc at MW LHW and be a top contender at HW . he has fights and won at all three weights as well as after he koed babalu sobral he said he would take a fight as low as middle if he was asked

whoa buddy let's not get exaggerated here. "easily" be the champ in the UFC... at MW, LHW and be a top contender at HW? LOL. i'm not saying he couldn't do one of those things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he could do all those things "easily". that's speculating way too much.

mousasi has some good wins under his belt but has he ever faced anderson silva? no. lyoto machida? no. lesnar? no. i think he is a bit afraid to come to UFC. it's a whole different world here with much better fighters than who he has been fighting. he beat babalu, but babalu was never great in UFC, and got kicked out. he beat kang, but kang came to UFC and has looked less than stellar so far. he beat manhoef, but that's essentially beating a K-1 fighter with BJJ because manhoef has less than 0 ground skills. mousasi will probably beat soku but soku couldn't hang in the UFC and got released. the top fighters in UFC are much better in every aspect than the opponents he has been beating.
anyways, my point is, he would not "easily" become champ of anything in UFC, let alone MW, LHW and be a top contender in HW.

Maldonado136
11-07-2009, 03:47 AM
Oh come on!!!!

Gegard is going to maul him, this fight should be fairly one sided.

haha exactly

bj44
11-07-2009, 04:08 AM
whoa buddy let's not get exaggerated here. "easily" be the champ in the UFC... at MW, LHW and be a top contender at HW? LOL. i'm not saying he couldn't do one of those things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he could do all those things "easily". that's speculating way too much.

mousasi has some good wins under his belt but has he ever faced anderson silva? no. lyoto machida? no. lesnar? no. i think he is a bit afraid to come to UFC. it's a whole different world here with much better fighters than who he has been fighting. he beat babalu, but babalu was never great in UFC, and got kicked out. he beat kang, but kang came to UFC and has looked less than stellar so far. he beat manhoef, but that's essentially beating a K-1 fighter with BJJ because manhoef has less than 0 ground skills. mousasi will probably beat soku but soku couldn't hang in the UFC and got released. the top fighters in UFC are much better in every aspect than the opponents he has been beating.
anyways, my point is, he would not "easily" become champ of anything in UFC, let alone MW, LHW and be a top contender in HW.
Babalu got kicked out because of that choke he held on to long not cause he wasn't good enough

County Mike
11-07-2009, 12:47 PM
I think Gegard will win. Suckorchew hasn't really impressed me.

Spiritwalker
11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Soko is overrated by a lot of people in my opinion.

He has the skills but he is a stupid fighter. He doesn't use his brain when he fights.

Gegard takes this fight in the first.

Rogan Voice.. /Right On the BUTTON!!!
and this from a :(fan...

Spiritwalker
11-07-2009, 11:44 PM

Dude.. Renato had a 10 fight winning streak.. against NAMES!!! No real cans...Chuck "bookended" him just like he said he would... He was dropped from the UFC for being a tool in a fight.. no other reason.

cubsfan47
11-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I think Gegard will win. Suckorchew hasn't really impressed me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyburn
11-08-2009, 05:31 PM
************************SPOILER

Gegard Won :laugh:

Jason 16
11-08-2009, 07:23 PM

yea a little to much :unsure-1:

atomdanger
11-08-2009, 10:43 PM
http://mmamania.com/2009/11/08/gegard-mousasi-video-talks-failed-experiment-in-fight-against-sokoudjou/

interesting

Crisco
11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Gegard's style woul give him serious problems against Anderson and Machida.

He is too cocky and dropping your hands against Anderson is a death sentence.

That being said I was off by a round sorry.