PDA

View Full Version : got coats!

TENNESSEAN
11-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Would you like to put a smile on the face of a child that normally doesn’t have much to smile about?

I can help!

As many of you know, I head a charity called Fighting For Kids. We normally concentrate on funding extracurricular activities for children growing up in foster care or children’s homes.

This fall we want to do something extra for our kids in Children’s Homes so we decided to have a coat drive.

Fighting For Kids started the coat drive with one home. With the help from Boomer, Mac, and LlamaFighter, we have successfully received coats for all the children at the first Home and are now working on the second Children’s Home. Currently, we have sponsors for about half the kids at the second Children’s Home.

Fighting For Kids is trying to get the kids what they want; so here is how it works. The home will take the kids shopping. Then they let me know the exact coat they want, along with the size, or they tell me an interest the kid has and we get a coat that we think they will like.

Most of these kids are use to hand-me-downs or accepting whatever is available. We would really like to give them exactly what they want for a change.

If anyone on the forums is interested in sponsoring a Child with a coat. Send me a PM or leave me a message on my home page and let's put a smile on the face of some kids that normally don't have much to smile about.

Thanks,

Scott Kelley
Fighting For Kids

TENNESSEAN
11-03-2009, 02:38 AM
http://www.potterministries.org/

http://www.tbch4kids.org/web/default.asp

links to the two homes we are working with.

cubsfan47
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I like this sort of thing, You know exactly where your money is growing.
Just yesterday I agreed to be a "Secret Santa" for a child which involves buying things they will receive at Christmas.So I am kind of covered on this one.
Those of you who don't already have something like this to support, the coats campaign looks the way to go. Maybe I can help too. We'll see. I'll think about it.

Llamafighter
11-03-2009, 12:49 PM
This is a great program!

TENNESSEAN
11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Secret santa and angel tree are great programs. Thanks for helping.
I want to put new coats on the backs of as many kids as possible but helping the kids is what matters most. Thanks for helping.

I like this sort of thing, You know exactly where your money is growing.
Just yesterday I agreed to be a "Secret Santa" for a child which involves buying things they will receive at Christmas.So I am kind of covered on this one.
Those of you who don't already have something like this to support, the coats campaign looks the way to go. Maybe I can help too. We'll see. I'll think about it.