PDA

View Full Version : Rev

surveyorshawn
11-03-2009, 01:38 AM
Hey David, have you had any luck so far this bow season? Gotten any more game cam pics? I'm better, but still laid up and won't be hunting any time soon. I need some encouragement that someone is having some kind of fun & success this season!

Twinsmama
11-03-2009, 03:28 PM
My dad killed a 9 point down here. it was about 140 pound and about 95 after it was cleaned. it was a big deer for here! the deers neck was swollen. they are in rut here.

internationalharvester
11-03-2009, 03:42 PM
I shot a doe on Saturday, and yeah the deer up here are def. in rut too dad saw a great big 12 point chasing a doe that same evening but never could get a shot at him

surveyorshawn
11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
My dad killed a 9 point down here. it was about 140 pound and about 95 after it was cleaned. it was a big deer for here! the deers neck was swollen. they are in rut here.

Got any pictures of it? Seems kinda early for the rut for south Florida (not that I would really know, lol). It is late January to early February here in South Mississippi. I would love to see hunting success pics, though!

surveyorshawn
11-03-2009, 05:04 PM
I shot a doe on Saturday, and yeah the deer up here are def. in rut too dad saw a great big 12 point chasing a doe that same evening but never could get a shot at him

Did you get her with a gun or bow?

Twinsmama
11-03-2009, 06:52 PM
I'll try and get some. By the time I got back to camp it was already hung up and cleaned. I think I got some of him w/ the head. Usually the deer are in rut the first 2 weekends of general gun. this was the 1st weekend.

surveyorshawn
11-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I'll try and get some. By the time I got back to camp it was already hung up and cleaned. I think I got some of him w/ the head. Usually the deer are in rut the first 2 weekends of general gun. this was the 1st weekend.

Awesome! I can't wait!

internationalharvester
11-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Did you get her with a gun or bow?

bow my MATHEWS SWITCHBACK(for Mac lol) has yet to not totally pass through any deer i have shot with it, even shooting the Rage 2blades

Mac
11-04-2009, 03:13 AM
bow my MATHEWS SWITCHBACK(for Mac lol) has yet to not totally pass through any deer i have shot with it, even shooting the Rage 2blades

well sure it never fails to make a complete passthrough .

Heck Boones "LiL Sioux" plastic bow would pass through those 50 lb button bucks your shooting !!!

HA HA HA HA:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BURNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue0011:

surveyorshawn
11-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey Internationalharvester, is that a bass you're holding up in your pic? That has to be a monster for IL, right? How much did it weigh? I've hunted in IL once. I got a 20" wide 8 pt that scored just under 130". The land owner wanted me to take him as a cull, since he was a 3 year old. He said he was way too small for his age. At least he made P&Y, lol!

Rev
11-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I have been seeing alot of does and some good bucks but the bucks have all been at about 200 yds. I took a doe earlier just for meat and i hope to have some pics of a good buck soon.

internationalharvester
11-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey Internationalharvester, is that a bass you're holding up in your pic? That has to be a monster for IL, right? How much did it weigh? I've hunted in IL once. I got a 20" wide 8 pt that scored just under 130". The land owner wanted me to take him as a cull, since he was a 3 year old. He said he was way too small for his age. At least he made P&Y, lol!

yes it is she was right at 7 1/2lbs lol so not a bad one for around here at all!.....thats not a bad buck at all where at in IL were you?