PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to ask

Krupp
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
So it's been more than a year since I've finished my book It's in the Blood, and I've started and quit at the very least thirty novels since then. I've been going crazy, and even as I write this I'm working on yet another pair of novels quite different from each other. But even so, I've been debating the idea of writing yet another mixed martial arts novels, except this time with a more noticeable experience factor, since I've been training in some jiu jitsu recently and been doing boxing the entire summer.

The thing is this. I have written many things, and I want to get published. For me there's no point in just writing for myself like I was doing last year. I wanna get going and start putting my name out there. I'm 21 years old and I'm certainly not getting any younger sitting here. So what I would like to know is this: if I was to write another mma novel, would anyone on here read? If so, I'd very much appreciate it, and any advice you guys could give me writing-wise or story-wise to improve it. If not, then that's fine; I won't put it up on here.

I just would like to know. So, what do you guys think?

VCURamFan
11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Dude, I would love to read another one of your novels. I'm not an English major, but I'd be happy to offer any insights I might have if you want 'em!

rearnakedchoke
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm down .. I would like to read any of your works ...

bradwright
11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
yup i would read it as well...write away.:)

flo
11-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah, same as what everyone else said, I'd like to read it also. It's a tough field to break into but once you get a manuscript accepted, you're in! Don't get discouraged, publishers will be honest with you and give you constructive criticism. Good luck!

Krupp
11-03-2009, 12:35 AM
thanks guys. As it is, I feel inspired tonight. I'll get started right away and see what I can hammer out. It may be a while, but I'll post a thread with the title in the Woodshed when it's ready.

Thanks again.

bradwright
11-03-2009, 12:37 AM
thanks guys. As it is, I feel inspired tonight. I'll get started right away and see what I can hammer out. It may be a while, but I'll post a thread with the title in the Woodshed when it's ready.

Thanks again.

oh sure...make me wait.:Whistle:

Krupp
11-03-2009, 12:51 AM
I can only go so fast lol...blame school for that, man.

Llamafighter
11-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I'll read it too, man. good luck!

Krupp
11-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Just wanted to bump this and say that it may very well be a while before I get this story up and running. I'm working on two other novels right now, and balancing that, school, and community service (Required from all undergrads at my school; I didn't get in trouble with the law) is far more difficult than I imagined it will be. I have a few hundred words written for chapter 1, and hopefully I'll have a bit to post in a thread with the novel title eventually...

Edit: I've come up with a title for the novel. For now, It's gonna be called "The Glorified Gatekeeper"