PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from ILLINOIS

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Looking to buy a house somewhere in IL but not to sure where to go.I need a place where I can find some work in the beer industry.I was looking at springfield,or maybe somewhere outside of there. I live in california right now an looking for something like small town living.HELP ME OUT???

NateR
11-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Looking to buy a house somewhere in IL but not to sure where to go.I need a place where I can find some work in the beer industry.I was looking at springfield,or maybe somewhere outside of there. I live in california right now an looking for something like small town living.HELP ME OUT???

Why the beer industry?

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I work for miller/coors an I would like to stay in that field if i can.

bradwright
11-01-2009, 06:26 PM

why would you want to move from California to IL ?:unsure-1:

not that there is anything wrong with IL that is.....that was close.

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
why would you want to move from California to IL ?:unsure-1:

not that there is anything wrong with IL that is.....that was close.

I am just tired of california an want to move somewhere different.I am all for the small town living thing.there is just to much going on over here!!!!!!!

adamt
11-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I am just tired of california an want to move somewhere different.I am all for the small town living thing.there is just to much going on over here!!!!!!!

well i'm from iowa and it is very nice here except for the wind.

BUT if illinois didn't suck so much iowa wouldn't be so windy.

:laugh::laugh: that was for you mark :wink:

seriously though.... illinois is home of barack and blago!!!!! why would you want to do that to yourself??:huh:

:frantics::frantics::wacko::sick::duh::yuck:

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
well i'm from iowa and it is very nice here except for the wind.

BUT if illinois didn't suck so much iowa wouldn't be so windy.

:laugh::laugh: that was for you mark :wink:

seriously though.... illinois is home of barack and blago!!!!! why would you want to do that to yourself??:huh:

:frantics::frantics::wacko::sick::duh::yuck:

You know its funny,alot of people say"why would you want to move away from california???"Where I live there is alot of crazy things that go on all the time out here.I want peace an quiet!!!!!!! I have lived out of state before an loved it.I want to live in a town where crime is low an my kids dont have to pass through metal detectors to get in there school.I lived in a town where it was pretty small an the community was all for each other.

bradwright
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
You know its funny,alot of people say"why would you want to move away from california???"Where I live there is alot of crazy things that go on all the time out here.I want peace an quiet!!!!!!! I have lived out of state before an loved it.I want to live in a town where crime is low an my kids dont have to pass through metal detectors to get in there school.I lived in a town where it was pretty small an the community was all for each other.

carefull now... dont let Dave catch you saying that because he would be quick to point out that Peace is something you wont find as a mortal.:wink:

Play The Man
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM

St. Louis and Milwaukee used to be big centers for beer brewing. I am not sure how much of the production has been moved with all the buying out of companies. I think Chicago might have microbreweries - Goose Island for example. If you found a job in St. Louis or Milwaukee and really wanted to live in Illinois, you could find a small town just over the border in Illinois. Once you narrowed the job down you could compare states as far as taxes, etc.

Play The Man
11-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Whatever you do, don't move to Cleveland (or Detroit) . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related

I like the 2nd attempt better.:laugh:

bradwright
11-01-2009, 08:09 PM

if you were really serious about moving to a small town and still staying in the beer business then i think you should consider Canada for a couple of reasons...first off we have a few small towns up here and secondly and way more important we have REAL BEER up here as well...not that watered down stuff you that you guys have down there....no offence...i just thought it might be something you might want to consider.:)

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 08:10 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I will take your advice on that one!!!!!!! The pay phone part was the best!!!!!!!

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
if you were really serious about moving to a small town and still staying in the beer business then i think you should consider Canada for a couple of reasons...first off we have a few small towns up here and secondly and way more important we have REAL BEER up here as well...not that watered down stuff you that you guys have down there....no offence...i just thought it might be something you might want to consider.:)
Never been to Canada but the only good beer you guys have is molson canadian an that is made by coors....... I have to rep the company I work for Miller/Coors.I have looked a some of the house's out there in IL an it looks like I can get a big house an alot of land for little money.

Play The Man
11-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Never been to Canada but the only good beer you guys have is molson canadian an that is made by coors....... I have to rep the company I work for Miller/Coors.I have looked a some of the house's out there in IL an it looks like I can get a big house an alot of land for little money.

What area of Illinois are you talking about? Southern Illinois, Chicago Suburbs, etc.?

bradwright
11-01-2009, 08:28 PM

your right...you have never been to Canada.:laugh:

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
What area of Illinois are you talking about? Southern Illinois, Chicago Suburbs, etc.?I was looking like more at springfield area.Like maybe outside of springfield,well yeah southern Illinois.How is the season's????

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 08:41 PM
your right...you have never been to Canada.:laugh:

I will be in june for the UFC fight!!!!!! So give me some kind beer's from up there????

bradwright
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I will be in june for the UFC fight!!!!!! So give me some kind beer's from up there????

all you need to know for now is one word...Kokanee...trust me on this one,you wont be disappointed.:)

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I will take you up on that word my friend!!!! Thank you

VCURamFan
11-01-2009, 09:17 PM

Haha, I love those guys. They're the same ones that make the "Man in the Box" show on YouTube. Hysterical stuff.

Primadawn
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I know of a house for sale in a small town in PA :Whistle:

We have beer here....

bradwright
11-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I know of a house for sale in a small town in PA :Whistle:

We have beer here....

i'm surprised there would be any beer left after living in PA for any length of time at all.:blink:

Play The Man
11-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I was looking like more at springfield area.Like maybe outside of springfield,well yeah southern Illinois.How is the season's????

You should get all four seasons. Probably a beautiful autumn and a nice late spring/early summer. You could get wicked, gray winters and humid summers. Read up on Abe Lincoln because you will be smack dab in the heart of the land of Lincoln.

Primadawn
11-01-2009, 11:38 PM
i'm surprised there would be any beer left after living in PA for any length of time at all.:blink:

AMEN!

Mac
11-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Stay out of Iliinois . Seriously .

You want to move out of california to the midwest and be in the beer industry .

Anhauser Busch , St louis MO .. seriously you want the Missouri side . You dont want to have the Obama Home state lable.

adamt
11-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Stay out of Iliinois . Seriously .

You want to move out of california to the midwest and be in the beer industry .

Anhauser Busch , St louis MO .. seriously you want the Missouri side . You dont want to have the Obama Home state lable.

i beg to disagree mac.... if there is anywhere i would hate to live more than illinois it would be missouri.

I once saw a guy across the state line--over into missouri--- who was walking with one shoe on and i laughed and asked him..... hey you lose a shoe???? and he laughed back like the joke was on me and goes.... nope....found one!!! and skipped off like he was the luckiest redneck in the state...

...come to think of it... it kinda looked like mac.....

you always lived in illinois ,mac??

surveyorshawn
11-02-2009, 02:50 AM
i beg to disagree mac.... if there is anywhere i would hate to live more than illinois it would be missouri.

I once saw a guy across the state line--over into missouri--- who was walking with one shoe on and i laughed and asked him..... hey you lose a shoe???? and he laughed back like the joke was on me and goes.... nope....found one!!! and skipped off like he was the luckiest redneck in the state...

...come to think of it... it kinda looked like mac.....

you always lived in illinois ,mac??

Hahaha! You sure that wasn't Alabama?

Seriously, if you guys hear of a surveying job available in IL, Iowa, MN, or MO, let me know! I can get a license there and am more than willing to move out of the deep south to the midwest!! Heck, I will even be willing to help rid you guys' farms of some of those pesky deer too!!

MattHughesRocks
11-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Wow, I've never heard of people moving to Illinois. Just out and the only ones there are,are the ones that were born there and just don't know any better.Poor things :sad:

However....I'm always happy to see people move out of Ca. More room for me! :laugh:

adamt
11-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Wow, I've never heard of people moving to Illinois. Just out and the only ones there are,are the ones that were born there and just don't know any better.Poor things :sad:

However....I'm always happy to see people move out of Ca. More room for me! :laugh:

well i heard the founding fathers of this great country tipped it on its side and everything that was loose slid to california.... :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
11-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Well that would explain a lot but I havent been on this planet for that long and I was born here.Most people here were not so yeah, I wished they would leave:angry:

well i heard the founding fathers of this great country tipped it on its side and everything that was loose slid to california.... :laugh:

adamt
11-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Well that would explain a lot but I havent been on this planet for that long and I was born here.Most people here were not so yeah, I wished they would leave:angry:

that's understandable, if you get them to leave don't send them here :laugh:

i guess what you're trying to tell me is that you're not crazy but some of your ancestors were?!?!?!? :frantics:

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
11-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Exactly.

i guess what you're trying to tell me is that you're not crazy but some of your ancestors were?!?!?!? :frantics:

:laugh:

chunk liddell
11-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Man I just want things to be in some small town where my kids can grow up where they don't have to pass through metal detector's to go to school.A place where traffic is not crazy all the time, an when I want to take the boat or my jet ski's on the lake I don't have to make a reservation or wait 5 hours to go in.Don't get me wrong california is a great place to live but I grew up here an don't wish to retire here.Is there anyone who understands what I mean????:frantics:

MattHughesRocks
11-02-2009, 04:59 AM
I actually do. I was born and raised in LA County. Lived in Orange County for about 10 years until I moved to Nor Cal about a year and a half ago. It's more expensive then ever to live in Nor Cal and it's by no means "small town" but it's much, much nicer up here.Less people. Cool people.The air is way, way cleaner. I doubt I'll ever move :)

Man I just want things to be in some small town where my kids can grow up where they don't have to pass through metal detector's to go to school.A place where traffic is not crazy all the time, an when I want to take the boat or my jet ski's on the lake I don't have to make a reservation or wait 5 hours to go in.Don't get me wrong california is a great place to live but I grew up here an don't wish to retire here.Is there anyone who understands what I mean????:frantics:

MattHughesRocks
11-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Oh I take all that nice stuff I just said about Nor Cal back. It's sucks so don't move here :Whistle:

chunk liddell
11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh I take all that nice stuff I just said about Nor Cal back. It's sucks so don't move here :Whistle:

I will not be moving to nor cal,thank you very much!!!!!!!LOL

Deerstabber
11-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Not much of a beer industry here in Illinois, unless your into the distribution side. There is alot of little towns right outside the big ones here, like 5-10 minute drives. Big towns to search for jobs in Champaign, Decatur, Peoria, Bloomington, Springfield, Carbondale, Mt. Vernon. Good luck its cold in the winter and hot in the summer, and if you dont like the weather in Illinois wait 5 minutes it will change.

chunk liddell
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Not much of a beer industry here in Illinois, unless your into the distribution side. There is alot of little towns right outside the big ones here, like 5-10 minute drives. Big towns to search for jobs in Champaign, Decatur, Peoria, Bloomington, Springfield, Carbondale, Mt. Vernon. Good luck its cold in the winter and hot in the summer, and if you dont like the weather in Illinois wait 5 minutes it will change.
I do work in the distribution side of the beer company an i would like to stay in that kinda job if I could. I will look up some of these town's an see whats out there.Thank you!!!! Oh yeah, like how cold dose it get over there??? I used to live in texas so I can deal with the heat.

Jessi
11-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Guess I am the one and only loner who actually LOVES living in Illinois. Except for the whole crooked govenors thing...haha. Anyway, I have a friend who still does/or did work for Miller Distributing. He worked out of Charleston, so maybe look there.

surveyorshawn
11-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Guess I am the one and only loner who actually LOVES living in Illinois. Except for the whole crooked govenors thing...haha. Anyway, I have a friend who still does/or did work for Miller Distributing. He worked out of Charleston, so maybe look there.
Well, I WOULD love living in Illinois IF I did live there! Iowa or MN would be cool too! Anybody hiring land surveyors in the midwest???? Lol