Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
11-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Happy Halloween!!!

My Little Buzz Lightyear!!!!

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
11-01-2009, 02:15 AM
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/hot-halloween.jpg

Ben,
Where did you find this photo of me???:)

MattHughesRocks
11-01-2009, 02:17 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that their Dad is eating their candy as we speak :unsure-1:

Some trick-or-treaters who showed up at my doorstep this evening:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Barada73/IMG_9610.jpg

TexasRN
11-01-2009, 02:22 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that their Dad is eating their candy as we speak :unsure-1:

I bet he does the "one for you and two for me" deal.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
11-01-2009, 02:24 AM
We have candy in my office, Been eating it non stop for days. I feel sick.I hate candy from now on :sad:

I bet he does the "one for you and two for me" deal.

~Amy

TexasRN
11-01-2009, 02:40 AM
We have candy in my office, Been eating it non stop for days. I feel sick.I hate candy from now on :sad:

I go through at least 2 bags of PB cups each week. :ashamed:

~Amy

Bonnie
11-01-2009, 03:24 AM

That pumpkin looks familiar. :laugh: What a cutie!

Bonnie
11-01-2009, 03:26 AM

:laugh:

Nate blinds them with the flash while Dad sneaks their stash. :laugh:

VCURamFan
11-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Ben,
Where did you find this photo of me???:)
Mike sent it to me.:ninja:

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I dont celebrate evil festivals myself

J.B.
11-01-2009, 12:17 PM

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/explanation-demotivational-poster.jpg

VCURamFan
11-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes, Dave, we all know, you've told us hundreds of times in the past & 50 times this year already.

Mark
11-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Yes, Dave, we all know, you've told us hundreds of times in the past & 50 times this year already.

I bet Dave doesn't even celebrate Thankgiving!

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/explanation-demotivational-poster.jpg

Its easy. Halloween, is a completely fabricated Title for two very separate occasions. Its supposed to be in old fashioned English Hallo'en Which is short for The Eve of All Halo. The Festival of Al Halo (Halo is a descriptive term for the golden circle put in paintings above the head of someone good so the viewer knows who is a saint) is also called All Saints Day...and its celebrated on 1st November...but because of the liturgical Callendar, Any Festival begins at sundown on the day before...so essentially you can start celebrating All Saints on the Eve before it.

But you aint dressing up as good...you are all dressing up as Evil...and thats because of the Pagen Festival which is also celebrated on the Eve of All Halo. Its name is Sam Hein. Sam Hein is a demon, who in Pagan thought is to do with blood and evil and need appeasing around the harvest. Now...forgive me...but I aint gonna dress up as Evil...even if its innocent worship of some pagen blood god.

Its now two things in this country...a big commercial enterprise...and an excuse for vandles to terrorise the elderly, to damage property and to scare people off the streets after dark.

It is a wicked and horrible festival, founded on evil...and it is repulsive...I dont care how innocent an exucse it is for a party...thats half the trick of evil, making you think that your little sins are actually harmless fun...but I tell you...I wonder how GOD feels when more people make a spiritual expression on "Halloween" then at Christmas?

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
I bet Dave doesn't even celebrate Thankgiving!

We dont have "Thanksgiving" as a Festival like America anywhere in England...however we do have "Harvest Festival" which is celebrated a little earlier...like when the Canadians celebrate "Thanks giving" around that time.

The point is, Harvest/Thanksgiving isnt based on an Evil pagan festival is it Mark? whereas I'm sure you would never want to be accused of celebrating a purely Pagen Festival?

I mean...Did you even know it was All Saints Day today? Did you at least celebrate the Christian Festival used to HIDE the Pagen Festival, like you do at Easter??

Probably not...not even half the Anglican Churches bother with it...and its a Travesty.

TexasRN
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM
We did a special service at church today to honor those who have passed away in the last year. Does that count, Dave?

~Amy

bradwright
11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
We dont have "Thanksgiving" as a Festival like America anywhere in England...however we do have "Harvest Festival" which is celebrated a little earlier...like when the Canadians celebrate "Thanks giving" around that time.

The point is, Harvest/Thanksgiving isnt based on an Evil pagan festival is it Mark? whereas I'm sure you would never want to be accused of celebrating a purely Pagen Festival?

I mean...Did you even know it was All Saints Day today? Did you at least celebrate the Christian Festival used to HIDE the Pagen Festival, like you do at Easter??

Probably not...not even half the Anglican Churches bother with it...and its a Travesty.

sometimes Dave i think your tie might be a little to tight...you should really think about loosening it up a bit once and a while and try having some fun.
i dont celebrate an evil pagan festival on halloween as you might think,i actually look at halloween as an opportunity for kids(of all ages) to get dressed up... go out... and and have some fun...thats it...nothing more,you take some things to literally some times i think and you end up missing the fun thats involved.:wink:

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
We did a special service at church today to honor those who have passed away in the last year. Does that count, Dave?

~Amy

That will be for The Festival of All Souls on November 3rd, its the tradition to do a Requiem for the dead on that day. Because the Festivals are so close together, Churches either pick one, or avoid them both

All Souls will do, Yes Amy :)

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 07:08 PM
sometimes Dave i think your tie might be a little to tight...you should really think about loosening it up a bit once and a while and try having some fun.
i dont celebrate an evil pagan festival on halloween as you might think,i actually look at halloween as an opportunity for kids(of all ages) to get dressed up... go out... and and have some fun...thats it...nothing more,you take some things to literally some times i think and you end up missing the fun thats involved.:wink:

Why do you have to have fun dressing up as Devils, and witches, and the likes.

You say it is "nothing more" but you dont realize that Celebrating Evil on any level is really rather naughty.

I suppose you would think going to the Cinema to see a Spiritual Horror is just a bit of fun also.

Do you know that when The Exorcist first came out on the cinema, that my Father and a load of people were standing outside the Cinema with Bibles to help all the suddenly distraught people that came out afterwards??

I suppose you think it was cooincidence that During Holy Week a few years ago, the same year The Passion of The Christ came out...so did, on the same week, and in direct competition TWO very large Horror Films appeared to make their release also....im sure that many people who might have gone to the former...decided it would be more fun to go see one of the latter.

My friend...this is a SUBTLE war...that influences people at many different levels.

...and I'm not wearing a tie :blink:

bradwright
11-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Why do you have to have fun dressing up as Devils, and witches, and the likes.

You say it is "nothing more" but you dont realize that Celebrating Evil on any level is really rather naughty.
I suppose you would think going to the Cinema to see a Spiritual Horror is just a bit of fun also.

Do you know that when The Exorcist first came out on the cinema, that my Father and a load of people were standing outside the Cinema with Bibles to help all the suddenly distraught people that came out afterwards??

I suppose you think it was cooincidence that During Holy Week a few years ago, the same year The Passion of The Christ came out...so did, on the same week, and in direct competition TWO very large Horror Films appeared to make their release also....im sure that many people who might have gone to the former...decided it would be more fun to go see one of the latter.

My friend...this is a SUBTLE war...that influences people at many different levels.

...and I'm not wearing a tie :blink:

you see Dave thats where you and i differ...i dont see it as celebrating evil...to me anyway its just a night of entertainment and fantasy there really is nothing evil about it at all,its just some good old fashioned fun.

although we did have just under 200 kids come to our place for treats and we spent 80 bucks on candy (thats about $2.45 American if anyone is keeping track but its still a lot of money to us.) and that part of the whole thing seems like it might be a bit evil to me.:wink:

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
you see Dave thats where you and i differ...i dont see it as celebrating evil...to me anyway its just a night of entertainment and fantasy there really is nothing evil about it at all,its just some good old fashioned fun.

although we did have just under 200 kids come to our place for treats and we spent 80 bucks on candy (thats about $2.45 American if anyone is keeping track but its still a lot of money to us.) and that part of the whole thing seems like it might be a bit evil to me.:wink:

Listen...The thing you think is fantasy, is not. Thats why its not just playing around and "good old fashioned fantasy" Its like some child picking up his Fathers semi-automatic and engaging in a game of cowboys and indians...when the smoking gun is REAL.

Well Evil is Real...and dressing up and impersonating, or pretending to be ghosts, devils, ghouls...is not funny. Not only do those things all exist...but they can be responsible for alot of peoples missery and alot of people ending up in Hell.

People are so desensitized to it now, and thats whats so...frightening...now films like the Exorcist, and even remakes, are not frightening or making people question themselves anymore...people dont realize that devils are as real as Angels...and that you come into contact with a lot of both each day...I myself have only really realized this year...and when I talked to other people who describe the same thing. You know that negative voice in your head...that might be a whisper. You know that positive Coincodence...that might be an Angelic Host doing something at GODs bidding.

There are so many GOOD men who think they are fighting internal battles...and they are NOT...well, they are...but those battles are being helpped along by things trying to capitalize and distract you from the truth.

It wasnt til I heard someone talking a few weeks ago, talking about the thoughts in his head, talking about how the same thoughts, which were complete and utter lies, were distracting him from his calling, from his occupation, causing him to become ill. That I realized...How come so many people are suffering from Anxiety and Depression and the likes of minor Mental Health issue? Its because something is in their feeding them lies in the way of thoughts.

You probably dont understand a word I'm saying.

bradwright
11-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Listen...The thing you think is fantasy, is not. Thats why its not just playing around and "good old fashioned fantasy" Its like some child picking up his Fathers semi-automatic and engaging in a game of cowboys and indians...when the smoking gun is REAL.

Well Evil is Real...and dressing up and impersonating, or pretending to be ghosts, devils, ghouls...is not funny. Not only do those things all exist...but they can be responsible for alot of peoples missery and alot of people ending up in Hell.

People are so desensitized to it now, and thats whats so...frightening...now films like the Exorcist, and even remakes, are not frightening or making people question themselves anymore...people dont realize that devils are as real as Angels...and that you come into contact with a lot of both each day...I myself have only really realized this year...and when I talked to other people who describe the same thing. You know that negative voice in your head...that might be a whisper. You know that positive Coincodence...that might be an Angelic Host doing something at GODs bidding.

There are so many GOOD men who think they are fighting internal battles...and they are NOT...well, they are...but those battles are being helpped along by things trying to capitalize and distract you from the truth.

It wasnt til I heard someone talking a few weeks ago, talking about the thoughts in his head, talking about how the same thoughts, which were complete and utter lies, were distracting him from his calling, from his occupation, causing him to become ill. That I realized...How come so many people are suffering from Anxiety and Depression and the likes of minor Mental Health issue? Its because something is in their feeding them lies in the way of thoughts.

You probably dont understand a word I'm saying.

no Dave i dont...its not that i dont believe people struggle with depression or fight demons that no one else can see or hear its just i have never had those problems so far in my life...i have never been depressed and i never get voices in my head that are not my own thoughts.
as far as halloween go's i dont let things like that rule my life,i only give them the attention that they deserve which in this case would be an opportunity for some fun...if i thought halloween was in anyway evil i would probably be like you and distance myself from it but i dont see it that way at all.

Black Mamba
11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I think I get what you’re saying Dave, or at least part of it. The Exorcists for example, is very real and based on factual accounts. Yes, there are things that people should not be messing with, such as the Ouija board. That will definitely wake up something or someone you don’t want to see. There are such things as evil, they exists and are out there. I highly doubt that dressing up like the grim reaper or the devil would summoned evil spirits unless that costume was haunted.

However, what most of the people on here are saying is Halloween to a time for f-u-n. “ F is for friends who do stuff together. U is for you and me. N is for anywhere, and anytime down here with my best buddy.”

Halloween to the average American is a time to dress up, let loose, and have a good time with friends. Now what you make of that night is up to you. I have friends who decide to get poo faced, sleep with every Tammy, Sheila, and Harriet. I on the other hand decide to dress up and go visit a haunted hotel (made a damn good looking Angel too). There’s nothing naughty or wrong with going out and having a good time with friends.

bradwright
11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I think I get what you’re saying Dave, or at least part of it. The Exorcists for example, is very real and based on factual accounts. Yes, there are things that people should not be messing with, such as the Ouija board. That will definitely wake up something or someone you don’t want to see. There are such things as evil, they exists and are out there. I highly doubt that dressing up like the grim reaper or the devil would summoned evil spirits unless that costume was haunted.

However, what most of the people on here are saying is Halloween to a time for f-u-n. “ F is for friends who do stuff together. U is for you and me. N is for anywhere, and anytime down here with my best buddy.”

Halloween to the average American is a time to dress up, let loose, and have a good time with friends. Now what you make of that night is up to you. I have friends who decide to get poo faced, sleep with every Tammy, Sheila, and Harriet. I on the other hand decide to dress up and go visit a haunted hotel (made a damn good looking Angel too). There’s nothing naughty or wrong with going out and having a good time with friends.

very well put...i would have said that exact thing to try and make my point but as Bonnie would be quick to point out.... i'm just not smart enough to produce anything that intelligent.:sad:

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 10:58 PM
i never get voices in my head that are not my own thoughts..

How do you know what is your own thought, and what is not

Thats my whole point.

This is a Subtle weapon of Spiritual Warfare that I dont think Christians at present are discerning.

bradwright
11-01-2009, 11:04 PM
How do you know what is your own thought, and what is not

Thats my whole point.

This is a Subtle weapon of Spiritual Warfare that I dont think Christians at present are discerning.

i dont know how to explain it Dave other then to say i dont have any voices trying to tell me what to do.

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 11:11 PM

Its still glorification of Evil though isnt it.

I think that dressing up and celebrating evil...even if its with friends, even if its just as a bit of fun...I think its simply more subtle, but its still wrong. Just because something feels nice and you enjoy it, doesnt make it right.

I mean...why dont you do that tommorow night then? or the last day of every month? No...you do it one night of the year...the night of the Pagan Sam Hein.

I know you think its innocent, and I know you think its fun, and I know you think im stupid for getting upset about it, I know that everyone does it in America...But at my old Church they used to do what was called "Light Night" which happened on All Halo Eve, it was like a night of praise and youth fun, we played games, and we sang and we did all sorts...but it was not under the banner of Evil...it was in a Church on Consecrated Land, as part of the Christian Community...it provided a Christian Alternative at the very time that others were enjoying Halloween

I cant understand why Christians who take the Spiritual Warfare so seriously, would suddenly prance around in jest with one another dressed up as Evil...when they know its not funny at all...You see the silence from all the other Christians on this site everytime I mention this. Where are those who speak the truth now? Where are those who call themselves Christians, but for one night of the year indulge in darkness for fun? They are all silent because they know what I'm saying is true...but they still enjoyed their Halloween anyway... They dont mind chastizing everyone about pagen Easter, or about the Pagan Solstice (in December)...but when it comes down to giving up some bad habit like Halloween...they suddenly go very quiet They know if they are not pagens they shouldnt be celebrating, they know what damage comercialism does to Christianity at Christmas and Easter and they say stuff about athiests enjoying our festivals...yet they buy into the comercialism of an evil religion, and they celebrate this evil festival...I just dont understand it :sad:

I just dont believe that Jesus would like it.

bradwright
11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Its still glorification of Evil though isnt it.

I think that dressing up and celebrating evil...even if its with friends, even if its just as a bit of fun...I think its simply more subtle, but its still wrong. Just because something feels nice and you enjoy it, doesnt make it right.

I mean...why dont you do that tommorow night then? or the last day of every month? No...you do it one night of the year...the night of the Pagan Sam Hein.

I know you think its innocent, and I know you think its fun, and I know you think im stupid for getting upset about it, I know that everyone does it in America...But at my old Church they used to do what was called "Light Night" which happened on All Halo Eve, it was like a night of praise and youth fun, we played games, and we sang and we did all sorts...but it was not under the banner of Evil...it was in a Church on Consecrated Land, as part of the Christian Community...it provided a Christian Alternative at the very time that others were enjoying Halloween

I cant understand why Christians who take the Spiritual Warfare so seriously, would suddenly prance around in jest with one another dressed up as Evil...when they know its not funny at all...You see the silence from all the other Christians on this site everytime I mention this. Where are those who speak the truth now? Where are those who call themselves Christians, but for one night of the year indulge in darkness for fun? They are all silent because they know what I'm saying is true...but they still enjoyed their Halloween anyway... They dont mind chastizing everyone about pagen Easter, or about the Pagan Solstice (in December)...but when it comes down to giving up some bad habit like Halloween...they suddenly go very quiet They know if they are not pagens they shouldnt be celebrating, they know what damage comercialism does to Christianity at Christmas and Easter and they say stuff about athiests enjoying our festivals...yet they buy into the comercialism of an evil religion, and they celebrate this evil festival...I just dont understand it :sad:

I just dont believe that Jesus would like it.

i'm not sure what happens over in your part of the world but here where i'm from i just dont see any evil...i gave candy out to lots of bunnies and angels and pirates and cartoon characters but no evil doer's(thanks for that by the way there George )just kids out having fun.:)

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 11:26 PM
i dont know how to explain it Dave other then to say i dont have any voices trying to tell me what to do.

But they dont tell you what to do.

You know when your tempted to do something naughty? and you think thoughts and weigh up whether you should or shouldnt...what im saying is, the thoughts that say you should...might be influenced by forces outside of you.

Have you ever failed at something and thought to yourself that you arent any good at that activity?? That you should just give up? that everyone is laughing at your mistakes?

What about a goal. Have you ever had a goal that you believe you could reach, but you struggle, and every time you struggle your mind tells you that you wont never make it? that you may aswell quit?

These negative thoughts...they arent always truthful. You think that your body is creating them...but I've become more and more certain that sometimes you can be fed false information...it usually happens when you get into a negative stream of thought.

Suppose you were an MMA fighter, a real good one, but you got unlucky and you lost a few, and then the UFC gives you the boot. You might feel like your not much cop no more. The truth is, a few good wins and they'd have you back...but you begin to believe that you are shyte because you failed, and now not even the UFC want you anymore, that suddenly becomes, they dont like you, they wouldnt have you back even if you won...before you know it...your suddenly hearing lies....the truth is you got the boot for failing...how did that suddenly become you should never fight again because you are shyte and the UFC dont like you??

Its those thoughts that are being influenced by something that WANTS you to fail...and the lies are just little twists of the truth...each lie, a little further truth...next thing you know...your also a bad parent, a bad husband, you have no job, you have no home, noone likes you...can you see where this is going??

Perhaps...worse still someone has actually said that. Perhaps you got the boot and you look on a forum, and you see some troll write how you got KTFO and may as well retire...and maybe six months later, you can still hear in your mind those words "may as well retire...may as well retire...may as well retire..." perhaps you are a fighter at the end of your long esteemed career...and you suddenly start to hear people say that of you... The demons dont exactly create thoughts...they just influence them, they just capitalize on anything that will ultimately lead you away from the truth.

Tyburn
11-01-2009, 11:27 PM
i'm not sure what happens over in your part of the world but here where i'm from i just dont see any evil...i gave candy out to lots of bunnies and angels and pirates and cartoon characters but no evil doer's(thanks for that by the way there George )just kids out having fun.:)

:blink: Bunnie and angels and pirates :huh:

you mean...no devils and ghosts and gouls :huh:

J.B.
11-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Its easy. Halloween, is a completely fabricated Title for two very separate occasions. Its supposed to be in old fashioned English Hallo'en Which is short for The Eve of All Halo. The Festival of Al Halo (Halo is a descriptive term for the golden circle put in paintings above the head of someone good so the viewer knows who is a saint) is also called All Saints Day...and its celebrated on 1st November...but because of the liturgical Callendar, Any Festival begins at sundown on the day before...so essentially you can start celebrating All Saints on the Eve before it.

But you aint dressing up as good...you are all dressing up as Evil...and thats because of the Pagen Festival which is also celebrated on the Eve of All Halo. Its name is Sam Hein. Sam Hein is a demon, who in Pagan thought is to do with blood and evil and need appeasing around the harvest. Now...forgive me...but I aint gonna dress up as Evil...even if its innocent worship of some pagen blood god.

Its now two things in this country...a big commercial enterprise...and an excuse for vandles to terrorise the elderly, to damage property and to scare people off the streets after dark.

It is a wicked and horrible festival, founded on evil...and it is repulsive...I dont care how innocent an exucse it is for a party...thats half the trick of evil, making you think that your little sins are actually harmless fun...but I tell you...I wonder how GOD feels when more people make a spiritual expression on "Halloween" then at Christmas?

Dave...nobody cares, and I did not really need an explanation because you have already said it numerous times. We understand, you think we are all evil pagans for having fun. Really, you just don't get it, and you never will. Rather than see the truth that nobody gives a crap about pagan blood Gods, you make it seem like anybody who even remotely has fun or dresses up is somehow EVIL.

Tell me, if a little girl came to your door in dressed as a pumpkin and said "trick or treat", would you give her a piece of candy? Or would you lecture her about pagan blood Gods?

It's clear that while you have a lot of book-smarts when it comes to the historical foundation of the holiday, you have pretty much zero understanding of what Halloween is in America. I love how you also somehow think that just because you celebrated the day by playing games, and singing songs in a church, that somehow your celebration was NOT based in "evil", but everybody else who had fun WAS being "evil". That is a very holier than thou attitude, and honestly, it's hilarious.

The reason you never hear a bunch of Christians coming to defend your view is because your view is extreme and ridiculous. We are not celebrating "evil" no matter how much you don't like it. You really need to lighten up my friend. :wink:

Max
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM

I see no evil in this pic....well the pumpkin looks like she might be up to something so............

Black Mamba
11-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Dave if we were to dress up on any other day except Halloween, we would all look like idiots and some nosey grandma would call the cops. It just doesn't work like that.

I like dressing up, showing off a lil something in a classy way, and getting the crap scared out of me. I like having fun with my friends on that night, and making fun of them the next morning. If celebrating Halloween is wrong then I don't want to be right. I think Jesus will understand. And if not, I'll tell him dude that night was nuts. Now here comes the boring crap afterwards. (credit to Mr. Ron White with that quote, even though I murdered it. )

Can I get an Amen? :laugh:

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Dave...nobody cares, and I did not really need an explanation because you have already said it numerous times. We understand, you think we are all evil pagans for having fun. Really, you just don't get it, and you never will. Rather than see the truth that nobody gives a crap about pagan blood Gods, you make it seem like anybody who even remotely has fun or dresses up is somehow EVIL.

Tell me, if a little girl came to your door in dressed as a pumpkin and said "trick or treat", would you give her a piece of candy? Or would you lecture her about pagan blood Gods?

It's clear that while you have a lot of book-smarts when it comes to the historical foundation of the holiday, you have pretty much zero understanding of what Halloween is in America. I love how you also somehow think that just because you celebrated the day by playing games, and singing songs in a church, that somehow your celebration was NOT based in "evil", but everybody else who had fun WAS being "evil". That is a very holier than thou attitude, and honestly, it's hilarious.

The reason you never hear a bunch of Christians coming to defend your view is because your view is extreme and ridiculous. We are not celebrating "evil" no matter how much you don't like it. You really need to lighten up my friend. :wink:

If you didnt need an explaination...why did you ask for one :huh:

all just in an attempt to embariss me or something :sad:

Well I hope you all enjoyed your foolish halloween celebrations :cry: I dont know why I bother with this place sometimes. This place isnt what it used to be

Max
11-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Dave if we were to dress up on any other day except Halloween, we would all look like idiots and some nosey grandma would call the cops. It just doesn't work like that.

I like dressing up, showing off a lil something in a classy way, and getting the crap scared out of me. I like having fun with my friends on that night, and making fun of them the next morning. If celebrating Halloween is wrong then I don't want to be right. I think Jesus will understand. And if not, I'll tell him dude that night was nuts. Now here comes the boring crap afterwards. (credit to Mr. Ron White with that quote, even though I murdered it. )

Can I get an Amen? :laugh:

I agree with you, I love Halloween. I woudl have to say it is my favorite holiday (I know that Christmas and Easter are more important and from a religious standpoint they mean more to me but I dont have tons of fun on Christmas and Easter). I love the entire month of October because I can watch Halloween and Friday the 13th and what ever else is on like 1000 times. I love horror movies and October is the best moth for them.

J.B.
11-02-2009, 12:41 AM

Well I hope you all enjoyed your foolish halloween celebrations :cry: I dont know why I bother with this place sometimes. This place isnt what it used to be

It was a joke Dave, the picture is funny.

It was not an attempt to embarrass you at all. You are the one who brings that on yourself by continuing to call us EVIL for celebrating Halloween. Most people do not appreciate being called EVIL, especially for innocently celebrating Halloween.

This place is not any different, you are just mad that everybody did not jump up and denounce Halloween as evil and bad. Honestly, I think it's great that people celebrate Halloween in the way that they do. It takes away all the weird pagan blood God nonsense and makes it something innocent and fun for kids. That should actually make you happy.

Max
11-02-2009, 12:42 AM

Dave this place is the same as it always was. A thread was created about Halloween and people were having fun and instead of just avoiding it you posted something that was meant to get a reaction out of people. We get the fact that you dont like halloween but dont put people down who enjoy it.

Mark
11-02-2009, 12:50 AM

It was a joke DAVE!!! You do celebrate the 4th of July don't you?

Mark
11-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Dave this place is the same as it always was. A thread was created about Halloween and people were having fun and instead of just avoiding it you posted something that was meant to get a reaction out of people. We get the fact that you dont like halloween but dont put people down who enjoy it.

Max
11-02-2009, 12:55 AM

is there an echo in here???????

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 12:55 AM
It was a joke DAVE!!! You do celebrate the 4th of July don't you?

:unsure-1: Nope I dont Celebrate that Niether :mellow:

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 12:56 AM

No Mark, I expressed my religious conviction. Sorry if that offends :sad:

Mac
11-02-2009, 12:56 AM

That is a Great Picture ha ha ha . I agree with Max , Lola looks like she is cooking something up .

And Dave . I dont look at it as celebrating an EVIL holiday.

Look at that picture above and tell me that there is any hint of Evil in it .

Its a bunch of Kids having fun and getting free candy , They get to dress up and be super heros , and monsters and princesses etc. Its only evil if you make it evil .

Im sure if you take a goat to the top of a hill , slit its throat , drink its blood and eat the ears than halloween probably has a a different meaning to you other than getting free candy.

But to the majority of folks Dave , Its about free candy and having fun pretending .

VCURamFan
11-02-2009, 12:58 AM

Its a bunch of Kids having fun and getting free candy , They get to dress up and be super heros , and monsters and princesses etc. Its only evil if you make it evil .

Im sure if you take a goat to the top of a hill , slit its throat , drink its blood and eat the ears than halloween probably has a a different meaning to you other than getting free candy.

But to the majority of folks Dave , Its about free candy and having fun pretending .
Mac, I don't think that's why you usually take the goats up on top of a hill...

Mark
11-02-2009, 12:59 AM

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:01 AM

That is a Great Picture ha ha ha . I agree with Max , Lola looks like she is cooking something up .

:unsure-1: Well in England the little kids dont dress up as pumpkins and super heros...they dress up as witches and ghosts...and they dont really come for candy...they come to throw eggs at your window or something

perhaps its a cultural thing...but I cant help it. I just detest it. Sorry for ruining everyones fun...but I felt like I should say something :sad: Now I wish I had not bothered. Whats the point, noone ever listens to what I say anyway, so why bother trying to say it, even if I'm completely correct :unsure:

Mac
11-02-2009, 01:03 AM
:unsure-1: Well in England the little kids dont dress up as pumpkins and super heros...they dress up as witches and ghosts...and they dont really come for candy...they come to throw eggs at your window or something

perhaps its a cultural thing...but I cant help it. I just detest it. Sorry for ruining everyones fun...but I felt like I should say something :sad: Now I wish I had not bothered. Whats the point, noone ever listens to what I say anyway, so why bother trying to say it, even if I'm completely correct :unsure:

they throw eggs at you because they know your an unarmed country and cant defend yourself HA HA HA

Well Dave , this is pretty simple , Dont lump US in with you wierdos over there.

Max
11-02-2009, 01:05 AM

man england sounds like a crappy place.

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:05 AM
they throw eggs at you because they know your an unarmed country and cant defend yourself HA HA HA

Well Dave , this is pretty simple , Dont lump US in with you wierdos over there.

I could always stand outside and throw an egg back I suppose...but..eggs are rather expensive Ammunition...I'd much rather get out a hose pipe or something....but that really WOULD be Evil :laugh::laugh:

VCURamFan
11-02-2009, 01:06 AM

See, the Founding Fathers were pyschics: they knew that one day we'd need our guns to defend our homes against a ramble of yobs!

(did I use that right?)

Mark
11-02-2009, 01:06 AM
:, noone ever listens to what I say anyway

Stop talking like a fool and maybe we will start listening!

VCURamFan
11-02-2009, 01:07 AM
I could always stand outside and throw an egg back I suppose...but..eggs are rather expensive Ammunition...I'd much rather get out a hose pipe or something....but that really WOULD be Evil :laugh::laugh:
See, now you're thinking like an American! Don't fuss & whine about the eggs, lay the smack down on the idiot kids!!:happydancing:

Mac
11-02-2009, 01:07 AM

Thats what She said.

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:09 AM
man england sounds like a crappy place.

Well it might not be like that everywhere...but certainly in places ive lived in...Harrogate has a high drug dependant population that are nutters anyway...at Halloween they simply feel legitamized...Lincoln wasnt so bad, but our Church was always strictly against it, London...well...I never went out, I didnt risk it...and Bradford...ARE YOU KIDDING...I remember I had to go across the city after dark on foot, during Halloween...and it was bloody terrifying....it was the same year I lived behind Haqs on the Estate that boarders Manningham, the red light district...I just prayed I wouldnt meet anyone :laugh:

Play The Man
11-02-2009, 01:10 AM
It seems to me that Halloween is slowing dying. I didn't get one trick-or-treat last night. I have a bowl full of candy leftover. When I was a kid, children would go out as soon as school ended and stay out until curfew. I think parents are so scared of kidnappers and molesters that they take their kids to malls or organized parties.

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:10 AM

Takes one to know one, Mr Hughes :laugh:

(please note Max...NOT something I'd say to his face :ashamed: )

Bonnie
11-02-2009, 01:11 AM

I think she's trying to tell Nathan she needs to go potty. :Whistle:

A Nate's Story: Part Two

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Thats what She said.

:laugh::laugh:

NateR
11-02-2009, 01:12 AM

Dave, I was actually raised to believe exactly what you posted about Halloween. For the most part, we weren't allowed to dress up or go trick-or-treating as kids. However, in America, the holiday has become so commercialistic and benign, that I don't think any of the original pagan roots even show through at all. It really has become nothing but harmless fun and, if Christians can celebrate it innocently* and with a clear conscience, then there is no sin involved.

Do you celebrate Christmas and Easter? The roots of those two holidays are just as evil, if not more so, than Halloween.

*In other words, dressing up as super-heroes and cartoon characters and going around to friends' houses to get candy; NOT assaulting people on the street or destroying private property... because those would still be sins.

J.B.
11-02-2009, 01:15 AM

Kids dress up as witches and ghosts and monsters here too. It's not a big deal, it's just kids having fun. I can see the point you are trying to make, but really it's just not like that to most people. Like Mac said, it's only evil if you make it evil. I would much rather think of Halloween as innocent fun, and even kids pulling harmless pranks, than think of it as some pagan blood God ritual.

Yeah, kids do pull pranks, but kids do that stuff 365 days a year, not just Halloween. The idea is that if you give them candy, instead of lecturing them, they won't egg your house or throw toilet paper in your trees. :laugh:

You did not ruin anybody's fun, it's just a little ridiculous to call people evil for celebrating Halloween, thats all. You are kinda making it seem personal, as if people just don't want to listen to you, but that is not the case. People just don't see it the way you do. Nobody is trying to make you like it, and it's nothing against you personally, but every Halloween for at least the last 3 year we have had this same discussion.

I am not trying to be mean or anything, just explaining the other side, yet again.

VCURamFan
11-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I think she's trying to tell Nathan she needs to go potty. :Whistle:

A Nate's Story: Part Two

HAHAHAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congrats, Bonnie, you've just earned:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/westcottbd/Cool%20Points/100CoolPoints.jpg

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Dave, I was actually raised to believe exactly what you posted about Halloween. For the most part, we weren't allowed to dress up or go trick-or-treating as kids. However, in America, the holiday has become so commercialistic and benign, that I don't think any of the original pagan roots even show through at all. It really has become nothing but harmless fun and, if Christians can celebrate it innocently* and with a clear conscience, then there is no sin involved.

Do you celebrate Christmas and Easter? The roots of those two holidays are just as evil, if not more so, than Halloween.

*In other words, dressing up as super-heroes and cartoon characters and going around to friends' houses to get candy; NOT assaulting people on the street or destroying private property... because those would still be sins.

I Celebrate the Feast of The Incarnation, and The Feast of The Ressurection, I celebrate the Incarnation at the time the Pagans Celebrate a Winter Solstice (which is not worship of a blood god, but worship of a natural occurence, so that is not as bad as Halloween) and I celebrate the Ressurection when the Jews Celebrate Passover, and the Pagans Celebrate the goddess of Fertility (granted, that is sinister, but at least its not right out demonic appeasement) As for the dates...yes those are deliberatley to conicide with Pagen Festivals in the winter Solstice, mainly because noone knows what time of the year Christ was born, and it served a political purpose at the time. The Ressurection is actually happenstance, see all three religious Callendars are based on luna cycles...so not suprisingly...they all happen at almost exactly the same time...some parts of the Church dissagree on Ressurection and Incarnation, it was one of the first dissagreements between the Holy Roman Empire, and the Eastern Byzantium Empire...the Byzantiums refused to aggree with the Roman Luna based Easter, it was the first division of the Roman Catholic Church, and it formed the Eastern Orthodox

Largly, I dont have too much trouble with kids dressing as things and seeking candy...so long as they arent dressed as anything...evil...and so long as they arnt vandalizing property and committing offenses with their "tricks" I dont like it...but I can tollerate it :laugh:

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:26 AM
You did not ruin anybody's fun, .

Oh I definately rained on Bens Parade...he had to come tell me in another thread to behave :rolleyes::laugh:

J.B.
11-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Oh I definately rained on Bens Parade...he had to come tell me in another thread to behave :rolleyes::laugh:

Well you did not ruin my fun, and I have not even dressed up for Halloween in well over a decade :laugh:

Bonnie
11-02-2009, 01:31 AM
I Celebrate the Feast of The Incarnation, and The Feast of The Ressurection, I celebrate the Incarnation at the time the Pagans Celebrate a Winter Solstice (which is not worship of a blood god, but worship of a natural occurence, so that is not as bad as Halloween) and I celebrate the Ressurection when the Jews Celebrate Passover, and the Pagans Celebrate the goddess of Fertility (granted, that is sinister, but at least its not right out demonic appeasement) As for the dates...yes those are deliberatley to conicide with Pagen Festivals in the winter Solstice, mainly because noone knows what time of the year Christ was born, and it served a political purpose at the time. The Ressurection is actually happenstance, see all three religious Callendars are based on luna cycles...so not suprisingly...they all happen at almost exactly the same time...some parts of the Church dissagree on Ressurection and Incarnation, it was one of the first dissagreements between the Holy Roman Empire, and the Eastern Byzantium Empire...the Byzantiums refused to aggree with the Roman Luna based Easter, it was the first division of the Roman Catholic Church, and it formed the Eastern Orthodox

Largly, I dont have too much trouble with kids dressing as things and seeking candy...so long as they arent dressed as anything...evil...and so long as they arnt vandalizing property and committing offenses with their "tricks" I dont like it...but I can tollerate it :laugh:

Dave, it really is fun seeing all the little ones dressed up and handing out candy to them; they are so cute! Now days, like the others have said, they have organized "safe" places for the kids to go if the parents don't want them going house to house. Even the churches... :)

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Well you did not ruin my fun, and I have not even dressed up for Halloween in well over a decade :laugh:

:angry: You mean you made me type out that lecture...and you didnt even do anything wrong :angry:

How RUDE :laugh:

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Dave, it really is fun seeing all the little ones dressed up and handing out candy to them; they are so cute! Now days, like the others have said, they have organized "safe" places for the kids to go if the parents don't want them going house to house. Even the churches... :)

:unsure-1: well, if your SURE Bonnie...You know I would trust you with my Children... :w00t: not that I have any...but if I did :laugh:

VCURamFan
11-02-2009, 01:34 AM
:angry: You mean you made me type out that lecture...and you didnt even do anything wrong :angry:

O c'mon, now Dave, we all know no one ever has to force you to right out a lecture or three!

Bonnie
11-02-2009, 01:34 AM
HAHAHAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congrats, Bonnie, you've just earned:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/westcottbd/Cool%20Points/100CoolPoints.jpg

:happydancing:

J.B.
11-02-2009, 01:39 AM

Well, I was the DJ at a large party where people were dressed as a bunch different things, so I guess that counts.

One thing Halloween is good for is it gives women an excuse to wear skimpy outfits in public. :Whistle:

bradwright
11-02-2009, 01:39 AM

well in that case...happy belated Halloween there Dave.....i just have one question.....is it to early to discuss Christmas ?:unsure-1:

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 01:41 AM
is it to early to discuss Christmas ?:unsure-1:

:laugh: NO :laugh:

Christmas landed in store October 30th :blink:

Bonnie
11-02-2009, 01:44 AM
It seems to me that Halloween is slowing dying. I didn't get one trick-or-treat last night. I have a bowl full of candy leftover. When I was a kid, children would go out as soon as school ended and stay out until curfew. I think parents are so scared of kidnappers and molesters that they take their kids to malls or organized parties.

I know, crazy, huh! When I got candy in previous years, no trick or treaters. This year, we didn't get any candy 'cause we figured everyone would be going to the organized Halloween Festival in our addition (especially with Halloween falling on a Saturday). I even asked my husband earlier in the day if I should run and get some and he said, "Nah". Sure enough, we had beaucoup trick or treaters! :scared0011: And we even had our porch light turned off! So I'm scrambling to find whatever candy we have (in freezer) to give out. It was crazy but still fun! :laugh:

Bonnie
11-02-2009, 01:52 AM

Well, I was the DJ at a large party where people were dressed as a bunch different things, so I guess that counts.

One thing Halloween is good for is it gives women an excuse to wear skimpy outfits in public. :Whistle:

Alright, Mike... :laugh:

It is fun to see what people are going to dress as. One year my little sis was a "tongue...with lips". :laugh: My older sis made her the best costumes over the years.

Anyway, uh, so she was a tongue, butttttt she kinda resembled something else. :Whistle:

Our mother was mortified! :laugh:

bradwright
11-02-2009, 01:56 AM
I know, crazy, huh! When I got candy in previous years, no trick or treaters. This year, we didn't get any candy 'cause we figured everyone would be going to the organized Halloween Festival in our addition (especially with Halloween falling on a Saturday). I even asked my husband earlier in the day if I should run and get some and he said, "Nah". Sure enough, we had beaucoup trick or treaters! :scared0011: And we even had our porch light turned off! So I'm scrambling to find whatever candy we have (in freezer) to give out. It was crazy but still fun! :laugh:

by my wife's count we had 192 kids come to our place for some treats.

( did you notice Dave i didn't say tricks ? and before you point it out i do know a kid is a young goat...your right,i should have said children, )

OF THE CORN THAT IS ! ! !:ninja:

VCURamFan
11-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Alright, Mike... :laugh:

It is fun to see what people are going to dress as. One year my little sis was a "tongue...with lips". :laugh: My older sis made her the best costumes over the years.

Anyway, uh, so she was a tongue, butttttt she kinda resembled something else. :Whistle:

Our mother was mortified! :laugh:
Pics or shens!!:w00t:

Tyburn
11-02-2009, 02:02 AM
( did you notice Dave i didn't say tricks ? and before you point it out i do know a kid is a young goat...your right,i should have said children, )

OF THE CORN THAT IS ! ! !:ninja:

:laugh: BEHAVE :laugh:

Bonnie
11-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Pics or shens!!:w00t:

I don't have any; I'll have to see if one of them have any of her. At the time, she had like this really small car--it was so funny watching her try to get in. I can only imagine if a cop had stopped her. :laugh:

Play The Man
11-02-2009, 02:38 AM

Please don't tell me you had to resort to being the lady that gave out healthy treats like trail mix, or pennies, or something homemade - like a popcorn ball in wax paper. When I was a kid, those things would end up in the garbage can.:laugh:

bradwright
11-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Please don't tell me you had to resort to being the lady that gave out out healthy treats like trail mix, or pennies, or something homemade - like a popcorn ball in wax paper. When I was a kid, those things would end up in the garbage can.:laugh:

i loved those things when i was a kid:).

Play The Man
11-02-2009, 02:47 AM
i loved those things when i was a kid:).

My Mom was always paranoid that the person put a razor blade or needle in it, so we always thew away anything that did not have an intact wrapper.

Bonnie
11-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Please don't tell me you had to resort to being the lady that gave out healthy treats like trail mix, or pennies, or something homemade - like a popcorn ball in wax paper. When I was a kid, those things would end up in the garbage can.:laugh:

Well....I was getting desperate and was about to reach for fruit cups when I remembered some candy I had stashed in the freezer. It was the good stuff too!

CHOCOLATE!!! :cry:

VCURamFan
11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey Mike, Arianny says "Happy Halloween", too:

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/Arianny_Halloween.jpg

County Mike
11-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm on vacation so I'm late to this party. Thanks for the pics Ben. :)

Halloween is the one night women can show off their bodies and not be called sluts. I love it.

Hooray for Boobies!

Of course, next year I'll be dressing up my little boy or girl and going house to house. It will take on a new meaning. We'll still have our adult parties too though.

Llamafighter
11-03-2009, 01:58 PM

Awesome costumes! I hope you passed out fun candy Nate!
Did the other Hughes kids stop by, too? Matt gave us a headsup on his costume and I'm hoping for a pic:laugh:

Twinsmama
11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
those are some cute costumes. My son had the same costume as the oldest. That is the cutest pumpkin that has ever existed. I think the little one is going to be just like his daddy. He already has the big muscles!

Where we live there aren't many neighbors so we had to go to a neighborhood in town. The kids love getting dressed up. A lot of the churches around here have some kind of festival for Halloween. I hope by next year we will have settled into a church and can go there instead.

Max
11-03-2009, 04:44 PM

the blood is a little much but besides that very very very very nice

County Mike
11-03-2009, 11:15 PM

I forgot this was your week with her. Since I'm on vacation, keep her a little longer and we'll make up the time when I get back. Love the red contact lenses. That's going all out.

VCURamFan
11-04-2009, 03:33 AM
I forgot this was your week with her. Since I'm on vacation, keep her a little longer and we'll make up the time when I get back. Love the red contact lenses. That's going all out.
Those aren't contacts, it's just a little left over eye-irritation from..

..better not say on a family-friendly forum.:ninja::Whistle: