PDA

View Full Version : cant get it to stopp bleeding

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
:cry:

its my own fault...but my busbi has been acting up and today I went to push the connector into the hole, and the hole that it goes into fell back inside the machine casing.

I had to try and deconstruct the busbi which has three screws...I have no screwdriver, and the screws are less the 3 mm in diameter...used a knife, knife sliped, cut myself...badly cut myself...cant get it to stop.:unsure-1:

its a cut possibly about a cm long in the bottom of my right first finger from nail down to first joint. first I tried to apply presure through some tissues, that didnt work, blood just seeped through, then I tried to stem it with a cotton buddy, but the just got engulfed in the cut. 15 mins past, It was still bleeding so I ran it underwater, and its slowed enough to put a plaster on, but its the only plaster I got.

I might add Mother happened to ring right when I was trying to clean myself up, im typing with one finger on my right hand still suprisingly fast actually. Soooo I'm going over to see her and she will have more plasters. I've got a high painthreshold indeed, but I did make a when my finger split down that kitchen knife...that hurt...and it hurt when I put it under the cold running water aswell...but it doesnt really hurt so much now....the plaster seems to be holding soooo perhaps its stopped bleeding now, but I think the moment that plaster comes off it'll begin again.

soooooo forget my bloody video blog and my UFN recap video...which are done but trapped on the machine...I'm sick of them...they are good...but they are amateur and they are crap and they are pissing me off. soooooo I shall look to get a better type....because its not worth the 30pounds every bloody quarter with how they are badly made

I'm feeling sad now :cry:

J.B.
02-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Dave, you gotta be careful bro! :cry:

Cuts suck.

MattHughesRocks
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM
You should always have a box of band aids at home Dave.And if it's really that bad you may need stitches :scared0011:

NateR
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
It might also be a good idea to invest in a set of jeweler's screwdrivers. I know here in the US you can get a decent set for about $10.

matthughesfan21
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
dave if its still bleeding, apply some pressure, and elevate your arm to slow the volume of blood getting to the finger, if it still doesn't work, use pressure points, basically just apply pressure to in this case the brachial artery, and then finally wrap a pressure bandage around it if you have one

County Mike
02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
A tourniquet around the neck will eventually stop the bleeding.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 06:14 PM
:laugh:

Well people, its big and its deep, it probably should need stiches, but its in sooo the wrong place, so we got it to stop bleeding and then encased it in proper bandages my Mother had

Then...she said she would buy me a newer and better Busbi...this one has a zoom and works inside aswell as out...it was going to be my Birthday present...but...well, we're almost at my Birthday so she gave it to me today...havent used it yet though...BUT it does take cards....sooo as soon as its properly charged...I can download the videos from the old busbi using it and upload my blog and UFN recap video tonight. It also takes still photos...which my other one didnt...soooo thats fantastic!! this will come in handy when I go to the U.S...also it doesnt use batteries...it has to be charged...soo I dont need to mess around with that...finally it comes with a three year guarentee!!!! :w00t:

Blmfighter
02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I hope you can keep your finger! j/k I hope it doesn't keep bleeding. What is a Busbi?

Moose
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Just ask the guy from INXS.

Bonnie
02-09-2009, 07:09 PM

Well people, its big and its deep, it probably should need stiches, but its in sooo the wrong place, so we got it to stop bleeding and then encased it in proper bandages my Mother had

Then...she said she would buy me a newer and better Busbi...this one has a zoom and works inside aswell as out...it was going to be my Birthday present...but...well, we're almost at my Birthday so she gave it to me today...havent used it yet though...BUT it does take cards....sooo as soon as its properly charged...I can download the videos from the old busbi using it and upload my blog and UFN recap video tonight. It also takes still photos...which my other one didnt...soooo thats fantastic!! this will come in handy when I go to the U.S...also it doesnt use batteries...it has to be charged...soo I dont need to mess around with that...finally it comes with a three year guarentee!!!! :w00t:

That's really great, Dave! You started out with a busted Busbi and a bad cut and now look at ya--you get to keep your finger and you got a newer, better Busbi.:wink:

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I hope you can keep your finger! j/k I hope it doesn't keep bleeding. What is a Busbi?
March last year my parents bought me a Busbi, they cost about 30 ($60) and they are basically a hand held webcam. The quality is only good in brightlight or outside. You record videos that you can download as videos and upload to youtube after modification with windows movie maker. They have no zoom, and litterally are on/off.

I wanted something simple, and cheap so that you guys could see me and hear me. My first Busbi lasted me about 8 months. The problem was it had no lens cap and was badly made, the lens got blurry and there was no way to fix it. I tried to fix it and broke it alltogether.

So I bought my second one. This one was shoddy again and much of the issue with this was corrupting of files during the download process. Today if broke when I came to plug in the download cable and the slot fell into the machine itself. upon trying to dismantle the machine I cut myself.

So my parents have bought me the next upgrade. its 50 ($100) and it has zoom, is capable of functioning in different light levels and can take still pictures aswell as videos.

The next version about that is around 80...but by then your getting to high tech to be able to simply download and then upload quickly...if that makes sense. :laugh:

Chuck
02-10-2009, 04:07 AM
I thought about you today Dave.... I had a little mishap with a steak knife...
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sixtoflorida/photo-2.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sixtoflorida/photo-3-1.jpg
:scared0015:

J.B.
02-10-2009, 04:09 AM
It's only a flesh wound!
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail018.jpg

MattHughesRocks
02-10-2009, 04:23 AM
Chuck! :scared0011: Did you cry like Dave?

Bonnie
02-10-2009, 04:49 AM

Well, the obvious ? is "how" did this happen. It seems like an odd entry (at least the way it shows in the pic).

The top of your finger looks bruised in the second picture. Hope it's going to be alright. Did you have to get a tetnus?

Moose
02-10-2009, 05:39 AM
When I was 12 or so I was cutting a package open, and then, like an idiot, I left the knife in the couch. Luckily, when I sat down, it only went thru my middle finger of my right hand, I mean, it could've castrated me.

Chuck
02-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Did you have to get a tetnus?
crap!! I should have thought of that!!!

I'll have to call my doctor in WA and see when my last one was....

I had my buddy stitch it up for me and we didn't even think about that!!!! :banghead:

atomdanger
02-10-2009, 06:11 AM
put a pad on it.

Yepp... a feminine pad. lol
They work wonders on cuts.. I mean.. they are made to handle blood.
My home town was a logging community,
never met a logger who didn't have pads in his first aid kit.

Chuck
02-10-2009, 06:17 AM
put a pad on it.

Excellent idea!!!

Let's keep this between us ok????? :ninja:

TexasRN
02-10-2009, 06:31 AM
crap!! I should have thought of that!!!

I'll have to call my doctor in WA and see when my last one was....

I had my buddy stitch it up for me and we didn't even think about that!!!! :banghead:

Tetanus is good for 10 years. A steak knife shouldn't cause you to need a booster. Buddies that can stitch you up after a mishap are the best kind. :)

~Amy

TexasRN
02-10-2009, 06:32 AM
put a pad on it.

Out of control nosebleeds are best stopped by tampons in the nostrils. They apply pressure as they soak up the blood.

~Amy

atomdanger
02-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Out of control nosebleeds are best stopped by tampons in the nostrils. They apply pressure as they soak up the blood.

~Amy

I like your style.

County Mike
02-10-2009, 12:21 PM

~Amy

and they come with strings so you can pull it out easily when the bleeding stops. You just look funny walking around with those strings dangling down your face.

Tyburn
02-10-2009, 01:28 PM
:blink: okay, so mine isnt as bad as that :scared0015:

medic92
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM

All bleeding stops eventually.

I've always used Superglue on cuts. We learned that trick in the military when we needed a field-expedient way to stop bleeding and seal the cut to protect it from all the dirt and germs out in the field. Worked great then, works great now!

County Mike
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
You guys need to be more careful with knives. Maybe we should take all the sharp objects away from you.

Tyburn
02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Well I didnt have any superglue...and I dont think Bluetack would have had quite the same effect :laugh:

Bonnie
02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
You guys need to be more careful with knives. Maybe we should take all the sharp objects away from you.

Yeah, just think what might have happened if Chuck's Steelers would have lost. :scared0011:

mikthehick
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
I worked in a spay neuter clinic for almost 3 years, and got sliced from cats, dog bites, birds, and the surgical blades....

Anyway, surgical glue or super glue as medic mentioned work wonders on cuts. It's just kinda sticky once on there....:blink: :wink:

Tyburn
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/279/86464660lk6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

my new Busbi takes pictures and THAT works...this is the cut after...well nearly two days now I suppose :sad:

Bonnie
02-10-2009, 11:43 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/279/86464660lk6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

my new Busbi takes pictures and THAT works...this is the cut after...well nearly two days now I suppose :sad:

Two days after...looks like YOU could have used stiches, Dave. :cry:

Where's Amy, I know how much she likes these "open wound" pics where you can see the exposed insides.

Tyburn
02-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Two days after...looks like YOU could have used stiches, Dave. :cry:

Where's Amy, I know how much she likes these "open wound" pics where you can see the exposed insides.

Suprisingly it doesnt hurt that much now though...very strange and it keeps superheating aswell.

either an infection or its healing :laugh:

I dunno about the stiches, its coz its right across my fingertip, right to the nail :cry:

TexasRN
02-11-2009, 04:45 AM
:frantics: I smell blood.....:laugh:

Dave, it will heal with time. Keep it covered with bandages and use antibiotic ointment on it as well since it is so open. It could have used stitches probably but it's done with now. You have a time limit on that really. So keep it clean, watch for signs of infection: more swelling, redness around it, pus or drainage that is discolored or smells foul, streaks running from your fingertip to your hand, etc. The heat without those signs is fine. Your body is trying to heal it and keep infection down by increasing blood flow and the nerve endings are being stimulated which is where pain comes from. Extra vitamin C from citrus fruits or juice or supplements and a little extra protein in your diet will help heal you faster.

~Amy

Moose
02-11-2009, 07:01 AM

~Amy

Hell yeah, just cut one of the "light days" ones in half, and there you go. Also, use medicated nasal spray, that stops most of my cocaine-related bleeding.