PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy church?

annamal
10-30-2009, 05:39 AM
I recently found out about these cowboy churches. It sounds like something I would enjoy. They hold the services in barns and riding arenas. You don't have to dress up, and they do away with the rigid traditions of most church services. I think they are southern baptist. I've never been to a baptist church before, and though most of their beliefs seem to coincide with what I believe, there are definitely some differences. I haven't been to church in several years, and though I very much miss the fellowship of other christians I just can't stand the church here that is of the religion I was raised in. I just found out there is a cowboy church in my area and I kinda want to check it out. Anybody ever been to one?

TexasRN
10-30-2009, 12:11 PM
I haven't been to one personally but I have had friends who've gone and loved it. I always wanted to go to one when I still lived in Texas.

~Amy

Rev
10-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I am supposed to go preach a revival at a cowboy church around Boumont Tx. in April. I hear they are pretty cool.

Chris F
10-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I have ministered at these types of churches. They are great. People are real and they do not have most the hang ups traditionalist. But you got to be used to the smell of critters because in the summer it gets rank. :laugh: