PDA

View Full Version : Aborted Fetal Tissue Used To Make Cosmetic Cream

Play The Man
10-29-2009, 04:49 AM
http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/10/company-uses-aborted-fetal-tissue-in-anti-aging-cream/

Christian News Wire reported:

Children of God for Life announced today that Neocutis, a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on dermatology and skin care is using aborted fetal cell lines to produce several of their anti-aging skin creams.

“It is absolutely deplorable that Neocutis would resort to exploiting the remains of a deliberately slaughtered baby for nothing other than pure vanity and financial gain,” stated Executive Director Debi Vinnedge. “There is simply no moral justification for this.”

For years Children of God for Life has been a watchdog on pharmaceutical companies using aborted fetal cell lines in medical products and they have received thousands of inquiries from the public on the use of aborted fetal material in cosmetics.

Until now, this was the first time they have encountered any company bold enough to put the information right on their own website and product literature. A quick investigation into the science behind the products revealed the shameless data.

Neocutis’ key ingredient known as “Processed Skin Proteins” was developed at the University of Luasanne from the skin tissue of a 14-week gestation electively-aborted male baby donated by the University Hospital in Switzerland. Subsequently, a working cell bank was established, containing several billion cultured skin cells to produce the human growth factor needed to restore aging skin. The list of products using the cell line include: Bio-Gel, Journee, Bio-Serum, Prevedem, Bio Restorative Skin Cream and Lumiere. But Vinnedge is calling for a full boycott of all Neocutis products, regardless of their source.

“There is absolutely no reason to use aborted babies for such selfish motives,” Vinnedge said. “It is anti-life, anti-woman and counter-productive as Neocutis is about to find out!”

NateR
10-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Reading stuff like this just pisses me off. :angry:

It's ironic that people will make a big stink about "dolphin safe tuna" but probably wouldn't even consider something like this wrong.

MattHughesRocks
10-29-2009, 06:45 AM
I find this really hard to believe.As a matter of fact, I'd need proof.It's just too disgusting.Who are "Children of God for Life " anyway?

flo
10-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Reading about this made me feel sick to my stomach and depressed. I thought it must be a hoax too but, sadly, everything points to it being factual.

Where are we going as a society when we do such things? I could weep.

Play The Man
10-29-2009, 07:18 AM
I find this really hard to believe.As a matter of fact, I'd need proof.It's just too disgusting.Who are "Children of God for Life " anyway?

I don't know anything about that group but their claim appears true.

The name of the company is Neocutis and here is a link to their website:http://www.neocutis.com/

If you click on the word "Technology" on the top of the page, you get this page:http://www.neocutis.com/modules.php?modid=2

On the left side of the page, if you click on "PSP in Cosmetic Research", then you get this page:http://www.neocutis.com/categories.php?catid=11

That page contains the following information:

Through years of research, physicians discovered fetal skin has a unique ability to heal wounds without scarring. Inspired by this, medical researchers at the University Hospital of Lausanne, Switzerland created a biotechnology process to extract the rich proteins responsible for scarless wound healing from cultured fetal skin cells. A small biopsy of fetal skin was donated following a one-time medical termination and a dedicated cell bank was established for developing new skin treatments. Originally established for wound healing and burn treatments, today this same cell bank also provides a lasting supply of cells for producing Neocutis’ proprietary skin care ingredient Processed Skin Cell Proteins (PSP®). No additional fetal biopsies will ever be required.

NateR
10-29-2009, 07:39 AM
That page contains the following information:

Ah, only one baby had to die for their products, that makes it all okay then. :angry: <--- This is for Neocutis, not you PTM.

The fact that these people can justify this as anything other than murder for profit makes me sick.

J.B.
10-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Ah, only one baby had to die for their products, that makes it all okay then. :angry: <--- This is for Neocutis, not you PTM.

The fact that these people can justify this as anything other than murder for profit makes me sick.

I agree completely, that is sick and disturbing.

flo
10-29-2009, 07:50 AM

That's what I thought too, Nate.

atomdanger
10-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this is creepy?

rockdawg21
10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Despicable