PDA

View Full Version : 2012

NateR
10-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't buy into this whole 2012 thing, but this does look like it's going to be a fun movie to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz86TsGx3fc

rearnakedchoke
10-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't buy into this whole 2012 thing, but this does look like it's going to be a fun movie to watch:

what do you mean? this stuff is always dead accurate ... don't you remember the great race war of 1995, or Y2K???

NateR
10-26-2009, 07:29 PM
what do you mean? this stuff is always dead accurate ... don't you remember the great race war of 1995, or Y2K???

Oh yeah, there was also the planets aligning during the 1980s that was supposed to bring about the end of the world. I don't know why I ever doubted it.:laugh:

I don't see what the whole problem is with the Mayan calendar ending on December 21, 2012. I have a calendar from EIU that ends on August 31st, 2010, that doesn't mean that the world is going to end in a year... does it? :unsure-1:

rearnakedchoke
10-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh yeah, there was also the planets aligning during the 1980s that was supposed to bring about the end of the world. I don't know why I ever doubted it.:laugh:

I don't see what the whole problem is with the Mayan calendar ending on December 21, 2012. I have a calendar from EIU that ends on August 31st, 2010, that doesn't mean that the world is going to end in a year... does it? :unsure-1:

you should make a movie called 2010 ... make a profit on it at least ...

Tyburn
10-26-2009, 08:46 PM

:laugh: No...you thought it would end september last year didnt you Nathan :ninja:

I remember :laugh: some programme on the GOD channel told you, you told us, I told Father, he then pencilled it in his Diary...and nothing happened

in other news...the Hadron Collider is become sentient in the future and is trying to sabotage itself from the future in its past...which is our present,...and thats why the damn thing wont turn on...apparently...and yes that was a scientists honnest opinion :blink:

Tyburn
10-26-2009, 08:49 PM

:laugh:

are you trying to say the Mayans simply...ran out of paper to continue their callendar on :huh:

well...let me ask you...is your 3183 callendar on your wall ready to use yet? no...of course its not...why would the Mayan do a Callendar for more then 1000 years at a time?

Jonlion
10-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Every age has been pretty much obsessed with apocalypse. And it has been strongly documented from the Year 1000.

It makes me laugh that people who talk about Global Warming are again just obsessing about the end of the world like every other generation before them al be it with varying reasons or portents.

We know one thing, it will come like a theif in the night! Which is a real scary thought!

NateR
10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
:laugh: No...you thought it would end september last year didnt you Nathan

Ummm..... no, I never said that at all. :blink:

I simply posted some links to some interesting videos from separate and unrelated Bible teachers. One stated that the Rapture would likely take place around Rosh Hoshanah. Another stated that "something big" would happen on a worldwide scale between the summer of 2008 and the summer of 2009.

It was you who made the connection that the videos claimed the Rapture would take place last fall. There was nothing in those videos that stated this at all and I NEVER once made that claim.

Also, I don't understand where you get this notion that the Rapture equals the end of the world. You need to study your prophecy because you couldn't be more wrong in that assumption.

However, what is interesting is that we did have a major worldwide event that will likely change the course of the modern world: the world market collapse from last year.

Tyburn
10-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Ummm..... no, I never said that at all. :blink:

I simply posted some links to some interesting videos from separate and unrelated Bible teachers. One stated that the Rapture would likely take place around Rosh Hoshanah. Another stated that "something big" would happen on a worldwide scale between the summer of 2008 and the summer of 2009.

It was you who made the connection that the videos claimed the Rapture would take place last fall. There was nothing in those videos that stated this at all and I NEVER once made that claim.

Also, I don't understand where you get this notion that the Rapture equals the end of the world. You need to study your prophecy because you couldn't be more wrong in that assumption.

However, what is interesting is that we did have a major worldwide event that will likely change the course of the modern world: the world market collapse from last year.

it didnt collapse. It wobbled.

Collapsed would have been the result had the US Government had failed to bail the banks out.

What we saw was a wobble, nowhere near a collapse.

I never said the Rapture equalled the end of the world...but if I was a Christian at the time of the Rapture, it would mean pretty much the same thing, the Rapture is the removal of Christians prior to the Tribulation...sooo presumably you and I would not survive the Rapture to see the end of the world would we...ergo...it would for us be the last day. :rolleyes:

NateR
10-26-2009, 10:28 PM
I never said the Rapture equalled the end of the world...but if I was a Christian at the time of the Rapture, it would mean pretty much the same thing, the Rapture is the removal of Christians prior to the Tribulation...sooo presumably you and I would not survive the Rapture to see the end of the world would we...ergo...it would for us be the last day. :rolleyes:

No, that would be an incorrect assessment of the Rapture. Because we will return to the world after Armageddon to serve under Christ during the 1000 year reign. So, in truth, it is the complete opposite of the last day for us. It is actually just the beginning.

Tyburn
10-26-2009, 10:39 PM
No, that would be an incorrect assessment of the Rapture. Because we will return to the world after Armageddon to serve under Christ during the 1000 year reign. So, in truth, it is the complete opposite of the last day for us. It is actually just the beginning.

You know what I mean Nathan, dont be difficult :rolleyes: :laugh:

If you return, first you have to leave...I bet you the leaving bit involves physical death, I bet we return in our ressurectional bodies...ergo we die at the rapture :)

cubsfan47
10-27-2009, 01:16 AM

In 2012 I'll be eligible for full retirement. :happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

Chuck
10-27-2009, 01:31 AM

Nate I don't think that's accurate.

Where did you read that raptured believers will return to earth during the millennial reign??

NateR
10-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Nate I don't think that's accurate.

Where did you read that raptured believers will return to earth during the millennial reign??

Well, this is off topic, so just read Revelation 19:14.

Shoots like a girl
10-29-2009, 09:13 PM
I predict the world will come to an end on Dec. 25, 2009. My teenage daughter says that if she doesnt get an iPod touch for Christmas it will be the end of the world. Just warning yall now, get your affairs in order! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

TexasRN
10-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I predict the world will come to an end on Dec. 25, 2009. My teenage daughter says that if she doesnt get an iPod touch for Christmas it will be the end of the world. Just warning yall now, get your affairs in order! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh:That's hilarious.

~Amy

VCURamFan
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Hahaha, good to know!:laugh:

bradwright
10-29-2009, 10:27 PM

I'm with you on this one Nate,i really dont give much validity to the whole world coming to an end in 2012 thing,but from what ive seen from the trailers i do think this movie will be quite entertaining.:)

Rev
10-30-2009, 02:59 PM
One of the funniest post eva!!
Love it.

Crisco
10-30-2009, 07:50 PM
pfft get the girl the ipod then hold it over her head. If she doesnt do everything you say you just take it from her.

que
10-31-2009, 03:56 PM
as soon as i saw the first few seconds i thought "roland emerich... independence day... day after tomorrow" and then it said those exact words. lol. i guess this will be enjoyable if you wanna see another movie about towers crashing down and title waves and people running for their lives. i think it would be much more interesting if they put arnold in there just running around and yelling "GET DOWN" every 10 seconds