PDA

View Full Version : WWE star Chris Jericho punches girl (class act) in the face

atomdanger
02-09-2009, 01:59 AM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhmU668yw5V2SZJg32

"This happened shortly after the end of Raw's houseshow in Victoria BC Canada on 7 Feb 2009. After Jericho drove out of the parking lot, a fan ran up to his SUV, starting knocking on the window and fingering him while yelling.

Wow...
I don't know what was going on there, but pretty uncalled for.

MattHughesRocks
02-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Looks like he told her twice :laugh:
:ninja:

VCURamFan
02-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Hahaha. There's a guy wearing a One More Round shirt in the crowd. :D

Spiritwalker
02-09-2009, 02:40 AM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhmU668yw5V2SZJg32

Wow...
I don't know what was going on there, but pretty uncalled for.

I don't know.. maybe he had his girl with him... Kind of looked like someone was asking for it.

Llamafighter
02-09-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't buy it. Why was event security out in the parking lot and why the hell didn't he just keep driving? Looks like some sort of stunt. :)

rockdawg21
02-09-2009, 02:43 AM
It was fake, just like his career.

Spiritwalker
02-09-2009, 02:48 AM
It was fake, just like his career.

Prowrestling may be fake.. but those guys have to work to sell it..

Country Breakfast
02-09-2009, 03:16 AM
I don't buy it. Why was event security out in the parking lot and why the hell didn't he just keep driving? Looks like some sort of stunt. :)

Yep. Looks worked to me.

Chuck
02-09-2009, 03:51 AM
I'd have a hard time believing that was real but who knows??

I spent a little time with him about a year or so ago and he seemed like a really down to earth guy. He mostly just talked about his kids... he was a real attentive father and a pretty nice guy, or so it seemed anyway.

rockdawg21
02-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Prowrestling may be fake.. but those guys have to work to sell it..
I'm a fan, just making a joke ;)

logrus
02-09-2009, 05:11 AM
She needed to be put in her place. Girls think they can get away with everything cause they are a girl. This chick learned the hard way after a certain point were all human.

WAR C.J

Actually it seemed like they were egging it on and the security wasn't doing anything about it. He tried to walk away and get back in his car but the chick bum rushed him.

ufcfan2
02-09-2009, 05:26 AM
She needed to be put in her place. Girls think they can get away with everything cause they are a girl. This chick learned the hard way after a certain point were all human.

WAR C.J

Actually it seemed like they were egging it on and the security wasn't doing anything about it. He tried to walk away and get back in his car but the chick bum rushed him.
Spoken like a true gentlemen. I don't care what she did just don't hit a women,just don't do it..Ya,they were eggin it on but he should of just kept driving and not stopped so he kindof fueled the fire as well.

County Mike
02-09-2009, 11:25 AM
The real question is, "What was she doing out of the kitchen?".

Chuck
02-09-2009, 12:41 PM

Which would explain the slap in the first place :wink:

rockdawg21
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL, you guys are bad!

J.B.
02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
That did not look kayfabe to me.

Never liked Jericho too much anyway, but those people were ridiculous.

Llamafighter
02-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I'd have a hard time believing that was real but who knows??

I spent a little time with him about a year or so ago and he seemed like a really down to earth guy. He mostly just talked about his kids... he was a real attentive father and a pretty nice guy, or so it seemed anyway.

I think this was totally fake the more I watch it. the natural instinct of the camera person would be to track the person that got punched (IMO)

rearnakedchoke
02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Don't mess with Y2J

Llamafighter
02-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Don't mess with Y2J
If I witnessed him punch a girl in the face firsthand, I think I would have had to kick him in the neck.

Bonnie
02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
If I witnessed him punch a girl in the face firsthand, I think I would have had to kick him in the neck.

Good for you, Mark! Except aim a little lower! :wink:

J.B.
02-09-2009, 09:12 PM

I LOL'd

atomdanger
02-10-2009, 06:33 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/08/wwe-jericho-was-attacked-by-a-mob/

hmmm

more news on this

Bonnie
02-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I never think it's alright for a man to hit a woman.

Except, when "truly" needing to defend/protect yourself or your family or in other extraordinary circumstances.

If they started spitting on him, I have no problem with him shoving them. Hopefully, the police will locate them and file "assault" charges against them.

J.B.
02-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Never liked Jericho...not suprised he is a douche.

I understand a person can only be pushed so far, but still. Not cool. If I am Y2J, I get out and beat up the boyfriend.

Chris F
02-10-2009, 10:11 PM
This was a total work (that means it was part of a story to drum interest and it worked)

1) WWE does not do press releases for fan altercations. If they did there would be one almost every week.

2) Chris Jericho- Whom I have met and wrestled on the same card before is so mild mannered and laid back he would have never got out of his car. A wrestler would run someone down before they go into a frenzied crowd like that.

3) The police din not press charges. How timely!

This was a story by the WWE to bring attention to Raw and No way Out. Fact is if Chris really hit anyone they would not have got up so quick. :punch:

J.B.
02-10-2009, 11:54 PM
This was a total work (that means it was part of a story to drum interest and it worked)

1) WWE does not do press releases for fan altercations. If they did there would be one almost every week.

2) Chris Jericho- Whom I have met and wrestled on the same card before is so mild mannered and laid back he would have never got out of his car. A wrestler would run someone down before they go into a frenzied crowd like that.

3) The police din not press charges. How timely!

This was a story by the WWE to bring attention to Raw and No way Out. Fact is if Chris really hit anyone they would not have got up so quick. :punch:

Did not really look like a work to me, but it would not be suprising.

Jason 16
02-11-2009, 01:03 AM
I say fake

Llamafighter
02-11-2009, 02:18 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/08/wwe-jericho-was-attacked-by-a-mob/

hmmm

more news on this

I would hardly call TMZ, news! It's all sensationalized, and rumor driven.

Chris F
02-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Did not really look like a work to me, but it would not be suprising.

He is a professional. It is supposed to look real.

Llamafighter
02-11-2009, 02:23 AM

bingo! notice the typical stardown that occurred right before all hell broke loose.

Spiritwalker
02-11-2009, 02:52 AM
T

I know Chris and Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit and Perry Saturn. They know me well enough to remember me by name.

I was working out a Flair's Gold's Gym in Charlotte and they would come in sometimes. All nice guys.. Jericho and Benoit were real close..

So no.. I don't really believe it.. but like I said.. if it were real.. it sure looked like she was asking for it.

Josh
02-11-2009, 04:58 AM
I know Chris and Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit and Perry Saturn. They know me well enough to remember me by name.

I was working out a Flair's Gold's Gym in Charlotte and they would come in sometimes. All nice guys.. Jericho and Benoit were real close..

So no.. I don't really believe it.. but like I said.. if it were real.. it sure looked like she was asking for it.
Does that make it ok?

rockdawg21
02-11-2009, 05:00 AM
All I want to know is, who won the fight?

Moose
02-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Does that make it ok?

Yes. Every single time.

Chris F
02-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I got into it a few times with fans. When you are a heel they spit on you, throw beer, pee all sorts of gross stuff. So you never get out of the car plain and simple. This was a work or very poor judgement from a vertern wrestler.

Spiritwalker
02-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Does that make it ok?

While I am not about to hit a woman.. it would take a lot for me to want to do that.

If you are trying to get in my car while I am trying to leave.... man/woman.. yer going to get popped..

J.B.
02-11-2009, 02:56 PM

I been watching wrestling for about 22 years, and that seemed like a real situation to me, not staged.

Like I said, nothing would suprise me with the WWE, but that just did not feel staged to me.

County Mike
02-11-2009, 03:08 PM
He told her he was hard core. She should have recognized!

Chris F
02-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I been watching wrestling for about 22 years, and that seemed like a real situation to me, not staged.

Like I said, nothing would suprise me with the WWE, but that just did not feel staged to me.

It may have very well been real. But the events surrounding it screams a work. WM tickets are not selling very well. No Way out pre buys are real low. Jericho lost his match with Mickey Rourke and they needed a new twist. A calm mild manner guy suddenly gets so mad he pops a girl. WWE issues a release. Same guys who issued a release saying Vince died. Jeff Hardy was jumped at his hotel. I find it hard not to think this is nothing more then another WWE storyline to get some talk that is not steroid related. And it worked. This girl may have been a mark, but my guess is she was an indy wrestler who took a nice pay day to take a very stiff shot from Chris.

Neezar
02-11-2009, 06:16 PM
He told her he was hard core. She should have recognized!

:laugh:

rockdawg21
02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
It wasn't fake, it wasn't staged. In fact, Victoria, BC has a history of fans attacking wrestlers:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Chris_Jericho_In_Major_Altercation_Last_Night.shtm l
Victoria has always had a bad string of luck regarding incidents with wrestlers. In 2005 a fan jumped the rail and tried to attack triple H after the main event, and in 2007 a couple fans nearly got into a fistfight with Jimmy Korderas and Tony Chimmel at ringside. WWE usually comes here every 2 years to this town, but I'm guessing this incident will get reported to WWE HQ and subsequently the wait will be even longer. It is quite sad and disheartening to see fans go to such lengths to piss off the wrestlers outside of the ring. During the show, sure that's what you get for paying but not as they're trying to catch a flight to the next city. The event was overall very entertaining but unfortunately this incident caused it to end on a sour note on a personal level.

Also...

I forgot to add some details. During the pre-match promo jericho built heat by saying that he could get into the stands and "beat the living crap out of any and all of the fans", and that he disliked canada. I guess some idiot took this way to seriously and decided to try him. Shows how ignorant and foolish some wrestling fans are.

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Looks like he told her twice :laugh:
:ninja:

told you pro wrestling is real. he probably has I.E.D.

J.B.
02-12-2009, 12:11 AM
It wasn't fake, it wasn't staged. In fact, Victoria, BC has a history of fans attacking wrestlers:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Chris_Jericho_In_Major_Altercation_Last_Night.shtm l

I don't see how your quote proves it was staged.

Because they have had problems there before? :huh:

Chris F
02-12-2009, 02:07 AM

That is the point. Chris Knows this and so does most wrestlers who visit that town. SO why on earth would he get out of the car. He knew better. And if it was not a work he was a fool.

rockdawg21
02-12-2009, 02:09 AM
I don't see how your quote proves it was staged.

Because they have had problems there before? :huh:
Read the rest of the article. I only posted a quote that shows there's a history of people being disrespectful to pro wrestlers in Victoria, BC.

J.B.
02-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Read the rest of the article. I only posted a quote that shows there's a history of people being disrespectful to pro wrestlers in Victoria, BC.

I did read it. Still did not see your point. Because he talked crap to the audience?:huh:

I still thought the vid looked real, even if it turns out I am wrong.

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 02:25 AM
it looked real to me. just the fact that TMZ covered it, makes me think it probably is. the last time i was next to a WWE Superstar's car was Shawn Michaels. he was telling us to get away, it was a rental, LOL.

Chris F
02-12-2009, 03:20 AM
it looked real to me. just the fact that TMZ covered it, makes me think it probably is. the last time i was next to a WWE Superstar's car was Shawn Michaels. he was telling us to get away, it was a rental, LOL.

TMZ is a gossip rag tv show. Hardly credible. Fox news and Yahoo sportd picked up on it as well. We may never know the truth, but my guess is it was a work.

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 05:20 AM
TMZ is a gossip rag tv show. Hardly credible. Fox news and Yahoo sportd picked up on it as well. We may never know the truth, but my guess is it was a work.

well yeah, compared to Fox and Yahoo it's nothing...but still, i believe it happened. even more so since the others have picked up on it.