PDA

View Full Version : Music Help?

Conrad
10-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Hello, It's late at night...:mellow: I don't know if this is the right place or the woodshed.

Anyway, I needed some help with chording out a piece of music. I'm going to arrange it with our drummer, pianist, and me (bass). It's Phos Hilaron circa David Crowder *Band on the new album. I'm bad enough at transcribing, but the combined thunder/distortion is harder than I thought. I'm confusing effects for notes at certain points. :unsure: The bass at the beginning is a good clue, but it's 3 notes, which isn't definite enough for me.

I ask for a little help with identifying chords, not a precise regeneration of the recording. It's really quite an improvisational piece, but some attempt at identifying structure, regardless of its brevity, should help. Our pianist would be able to identify her arpeggios, but I need to walk in with something prepared over the next two Thursdays. We're playing on the first.

Thank you and PM me,

LM

Φῶς ἱλαρὸν ἁγίας δόξης ἀθανάτου Πατρός, οὐρανίου, ἁγίου, μάκαρος, Ἰησοῦ Χριστέ, ἐλθόντες ἐπὶ τὴν ἡλίου δύσιν, ἰδόντες φῶς ἐσπερινόν, ὑμνοῦμεν Πατέρα, Υἱόν, καὶ ἅγιον Πνεῦμα, Θεόν. Ἄξιόν σε ἐν πᾶσι καιροῖς ὑμνεῖσθαι φωναῖς αἰσίαις, Υἱὲ Θεοῦ, ζωὴν ὁ διδούς διὸ ὁ κόσμος σὲ δοξάζει.

MattHughesRocks
10-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't we have a rockstar that hangs out in here? :Whistle:

J.B.
10-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Don't we have a rockstar that hangs out in here? :Whistle:

I was busy with my groupies and adoring fans... :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you tell me what the name of the song is, or post a link to it , I would have no problem telling you what the chords are on guitar. :cool:

MattHughesRocks
10-17-2009, 03:11 AM
It's you! Your the one! :w00t:

J.B.
10-17-2009, 03:17 AM
It's you! Your the one! :w00t:

:happydancing:

:laugh:

Conrad
10-18-2009, 08:12 AM
I was busy with my groupies and adoring fans... :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you tell me what the name of the song is, or post a link to it , I would have no problem telling you what the chords are on guitar. :cool:

YEah, it's Phos Hilaron. See the first post please. Thanks.
I know I don't sing that well, but the key it's in is ok for my little range. I know the production is kinda in the way for me cuz when the bass starts in the intro, it took quite a while for me to realize the second note was there. I don't know why this one is such a struggle. I can't seem to nail down the structure outside of an 8 beat loop.

Thanks again.

J.B.
10-18-2009, 08:21 AM
YEah, it's Phos Hilaron. See the first post please. Thanks.
I know I don't sing that well, but the key it's in is ok for my little range. I know the production is kinda in the way for me cuz when the bass starts in the intro, it took quite a while for me to realize the second note was there. I don't know why this one is such a struggle. I can't seem to nail down the structure outside of an 8 beat loop.

Thanks again.

My bad, I thought Phos Hilaron was the name of the group, I misread what you posted.

I will look it up and see what I can find...:wink:

J.B.
10-18-2009, 08:40 AM
It's only 3 chords the entire song, D#, B, C#, pretty easy progression.

I just used the 5 string bass I had sitting here to work it up, and if you wanna get that low tone they have, using a 5 string bass would help because they kinda drowned the mix in electronic tones that give it a more "bassy" sound. Still, even on a 4 string you would be alright playing the first D# on your low E string and then the B and C# on your A string.

Cool song too, never heard that before. :cool: