PDA

View Full Version : TUF 10.5 (Spoilers!)

MMeh
10-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Wow Rampage looks even worse, if that's possible. I think some of the Dana commentary on coaches gelling with their teams/particularly bad Team Rampage training shots were cut/added later to make Rampage look as bas as the UFC could, but wow, this guy is really showing how much of a jerk he really is. I thought it was funny at the end of the episode when Rashad called his punk card and all Rampage could do was stammer. I think the clean sweep is a real possibility, though Junk and Big Baby (who heard a promise that wasn't made - but I'd be itching to fight if I was him too) could have a shot in their matchups.

GnP
10-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah I like Rampage but man he should never ever coach. He shows no support or respect to his team.

Rashad is a great coach and in my opinion proving a great deal of the haters wrong

flo
10-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Good analysis from both comments.

I thought the cracks were starting to appear in Rampage. I thought walking out on his last 2 fighters after they lost was very revealing (and not in a good way!!).

County Mike
10-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Definitely not looking good for Rampage. I also wonder how much editing was done AFTER Rampage left the UFC to make him look bad, but editing can only do so much. Leaving your fighter unconscious in the cage without even checking on him is terrible (and obviously not caused by the editing). He claimed he didn't enter the cage to avoid prison, as if he would have assaulted his own fighter for losing? What's up with that?

Still not exactly a fan of Rashad, but I'm liking him more than Rampage right now. One thing I noticed is that when Rampage didn't really have a comeback, his only response was "You'll see what happens. You'll see." which pretty much means he doesn't even have an answer. It's like a 5th grader with an empty threat.

Chuck
10-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Do you think this season has anything to do with Rampage walking away from the UFC?

Nobody can fight for ever and most fighters go on to coaching/training of some sort, opening their own gyms etc. Rampage is getting the "I suck as a coach" message pretty clear from his record, Dana, his fighters and Rashad. Maybe going into the movies after fighting is the only end game he had to play so he bailed on fighting early (couldn't handle a loss to Rashad) and went to Hollywood?

That's what I think anyway... I think this season messed with his head so much he just walked away.

Llamafighter
10-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I think Rashad definitly hit a nerve when he called Rampage out at the end. I get the idea that Rampage does not like the idea of being the bad guy. He didn't have anything to come back with. Remember how hard he took it when he got booed during the Marvin Eastman fight?

The episode was pretty funny. I didn't expect a lot out of Wes Simms. he's funny as heck, but totally threw a good gameplan out the window. Wren is going to be a tough guy to beat.

County Mike
10-15-2009, 02:47 PM
I agree Chuck. He knows that coaching isn't for him. He was offered an acting job and probably has a manager pushing him to pursue acting full time. I don't blame him for changing careers to a job that doesn't get him beaten up. I still think he should have done a better job as a coach, just based on some common sense things. I don't expect him to be a great coach, but at least be a decent human in how he relates to his team.

Neezar
10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I think Rashad definitly hit a nerve when he called Rampage out at the end. I get the idea that Rampage does not like the idea of being the bad guy. He didn't have anything to come back with. Remember how hard he took it when he got booed during the Marvin Eastman fight?

The episode was pretty funny. I didn't expect a lot out of Wes Simms. he's funny as heck, but totally threw a good gameplan out the window. Wren is going to be a tough guy to beat.

Good point. I had forgotten about that.

VCURamFan
10-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I gotta admit, it's pretty frustrating to me to have to sit around week after week & agree with Rashad all the time! :banghead:

Even if all we're seeing are the absolute worst moments of Rampage & literally every other second of his time on the show he's the perfect trainer & saint, not going to your guy after a fight is inexcusable.

Maldonado136
10-15-2009, 04:57 PM
you can tell that rashad hurt rampage's feelings when he called him selfish. that was when rampage stopped talking.

Tyburn
10-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Do you think this season has anything to do with Rampage walking away from the UFC?

Nobody can fight for ever and most fighters go on to coaching/training of some sort, opening their own gyms etc. Rampage is getting the "I suck as a coach" message pretty clear from his record, Dana, his fighters and Rashad. Maybe going into the movies after fighting is the only end game he had to play so he bailed on fighting early (couldn't handle a loss to Rashad) and went to Hollywood?

That's what I think anyway... I think this season messed with his head so much he just walked away.

Not all Fighters that go onto movies are bad though...I did have words with Cung Le recently when I accidently came across him in Fighting...and was wondering why he had a tiny part that gave him no credit at all...but he said his next movie out soon will be better :laugh:

Max
10-16-2009, 07:26 AM
I Think we are seeing that 1. Rampage does not want to ever coach, now or after he is done fighting, and 2. Rampage prob did not want to do the show in the first place and does not really give a crap how things turn out for his team.

Neezar
10-16-2009, 12:12 PM
I Think we are seeing that 1. Rampage does not want to ever coach, now or after he is done fighting, and 2. Rampage prob did not want to do the show in the first place and does not really give a crap how things turn out for his team.

I don't think it matters if he wants to coach or if he wanted to be on the show. He is coaching and he is on the show. He should do his job. I find myself in situations at work all the time that I don't want to be in and ordered to do things that I don't want to do. I usually do those first. And I try to do a good job whether the job sucks or not.

Neezar
10-16-2009, 12:13 PM
I missed this show all but the very end. I saw Rashad confront the man. Go Rashad! :cool: I also saw the previews. I wonder who the butt sniffer is! :w00t:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyburn
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't think it matters if he wants to coach or if he wanted to be on the show. He is coaching and he is on the show. He should do his job. I find myself in situations at work all the time that I don't want to be in and ordered to do things that I don't want to do. I usually do those first. And I try to do a good job whether the job sucks or not.

yes...but not everyone does. I know people who work at the store who dont really care, consequently they dont work as well as they could.

I think there might be some truth to Rampage never wanting to go onto the show in the first place :ninja:

County Mike
10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
I also saw the previews. I wonder who the butt sniffer is! :w00t:

The same guy who left his family on the shower floor - Jensen I think his name is.

billwilliams70
10-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Rashad's staff is simply coaching better than Rampage's staff and Rashad's winning in the hype/smack department too.

Rampage knows that he's not doing so well, and it's certainly been proven true with him leaving the UFC and fighting since the show's end.

With Rampage's inability to coach, I wonder how much of a hassle it would be to switch teams. If one team dominates and ends up undefeated, don't they normally make some of them go to the other coach, to even things out? I can't quite remember.

I wonder if he'll even be there for the finale.

Later.

Shoots like a girl
10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I was never a very big fan of Rashad and I cant help but to think that some of his "concern" for Rampages team is another way to get under Jackson's skin. But with that said, Rashad has not only shown that he is a good coach this season but also shown some class to the other teams fighters. Ive for sure gained some respect for Rashad Evans. I really dont want to see this become a shut out though. We are seeing less drama in the house this season and more training and fighting! I love it!!!!

Chuck
10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I was never a very big fan of Rashad and I cant help but to think that some of his "concern" for Rampages team is another way to get under Jackson's skin. But with that said, Rashad has not only shown that he is a good coach this season but also shown some class to the other teams fighters. Ive for sure gained some respect for Rashad Evans. I really dont want to see this become a shut out though. We are seeing less drama in the house this season and more training and fighting! I love it!!!!

Totally agree!!!

He's playing up the sensitive, caring coach bit just to piss off Rampage.

Shoots like a girl
10-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, it working! But it is still at the expense of Team Rampage! Those guys really need the support of their coaches, especially after a loss. I just think Rashad is a much better coach!

Totally agree!!!

He's playing up the sensitive, caring coach bit just to piss off Rampage.

bj44
10-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Only thing Rampage has been good for is making me laugh my ass off a few times an episode... Hes been a terrible coach

Jonlion
10-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm sad about Wes losing, i thought he may go far.

As for Rampage, I just don't think his made for coaching. He openly admits that and no one on his team seems to blame him.

I think its harsh to judge the guy on it.