PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Morrison

Josh
02-08-2009, 05:57 PM
How much of a chance at a comeback do you guys knowledgeable about boxing give him?

Llamafighter
02-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't think he'll reach contender status again but He could probably beat up some of the C-level guys

J.B.
02-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I like Tommy, but his time has passed. I think he got screwed with the whole HIV thing, it's a shame too, he had some real power.

He fought an MMA fight in AZ a year or two ago and he caved in some huge guy's nose. I remember reading that he did not want to wear the 4 oz gloves because he was afraid he would hurt the guy, and when they made him wear the gloves he did hurt the guy. :laugh:

Josh
02-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Didn't he just win a fight a couple days ago?

Chris F
02-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Tommy is passed his prime but can still win some fights. I agree it is unlikely he be a contender. I would love to see him fight more. He was shafted!

ufcfan2
02-09-2009, 06:09 AM
I really used to like Tommy Gun and felt sadded by the whole HIV situation..

Chris F
11-03-2010, 02:09 AM
He is going to fight again. He was just liscensed in the state of Washington. So I guess we will see what happens. If you are a fan of his I encourage oyu to check out his website and pick up his new book he just finished. He also trains people now so if you are into boxing check into his gym as well.

logrus
11-03-2010, 04:56 AM
I like Tommy, but his time has passed. I think he got screwed with the whole HIV thing, it's a shame too, he had some real power.

He fought an MMA fight in AZ a year or two ago and he caved in some huge guy's nose. I remember reading that he did not want to wear the 4 oz gloves because he was afraid he would hurt the guy, and when they made him wear the gloves he did hurt the guy. :laugh:

He was fun to watch before the HIV issue.

J.B.
11-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow, total thread resurrection :laugh:

Chris F
11-03-2010, 09:55 PM

I could not find the thread you and I were discussing this. I got an email from Tommy yesterday and wanted to tell you but for the life of me couls not find the thread we were talking about heavyweight boxers. :laugh: So i posted it in this thread hoping you get the message. I should have just PM'd you.

J.B.
11-03-2010, 10:03 PM
I could not find the thread you and I were discussing this. I got an email from Tommy yesterday and wanted to tell you but for the life of me couls not find the thread we were talking about heavyweight boxers. :laugh: So i posted it in this thread hoping you get the message. I should have just PM'd you.

I think it's cool you actually found this thread, and I am shocked it wasn't started by me. :laugh:

Usually it's always me or Rockdawg who start the Boxing threads, lol. The thread you and I were talking about Tommy in the other day was the thread in the political section about Barbara Boxer. It got off topic because I made a boxing reference, then it shifted to Tyson's ear-biting incident. :laugh:

That's awesome that Tommy is getting back into it, I went to his website and seen that he will be broadcasting the fight online. I will definitely check it out.

Chris F
11-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Thats right no wonder I could not find it. I forgot all about boxer and ear bitting. :laugh:

logrus
11-04-2010, 05:30 AM

Hey I didnt hear any bell...... :punch:

J.B.
11-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey I didnt hear any bell...... :punch:

lol

bj44
11-04-2010, 10:43 AM
He should rematch Mercer in mma.....:Whistle:

J.B.
11-04-2010, 12:12 PM
He should rematch Mercer in mma.....:Whistle:

Mercer is an MMA legend...

Not sure that would pose well for Tommy....:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
11-04-2010, 03:20 PM

exactly .. mercer is undefeated in his mma career and has a win over a former UFC heavyweight champ ... also, he has a perfect finishing record and an average fight time of 9 seconds ....

Chris F
11-04-2010, 07:36 PM

Tommy has never really trained on the ground. He would be slaughtered in an MMA rules match. That is unless Tommy lands a left hook