PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Update on Chuck

NateR
10-15-2009, 04:17 AM
From Matt's blog:
My buddy Chuck got eliminated this week from Dancing with the Stars. I was kind of surprised because I thought he did fairly well and a couple of the other contestants did worse. I'm sure Chuck never would have thought that it would be the 2-step that eliminated him; but, I was glad to see that at least he looked like he was having a good time out there.
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/chuckliddell-DWTS3.jpg
(Photo from ABC.com (http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/index))

I also heard that the Simpsons had him as a character on their cartoon.
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/chuck-simspons.jpg
I'm glad people see Chuck as the face of the UFC, he is one of the good guys that has been there since near the beginning.

I got this forwarded to me and I thought it was a great quote from Adrian Rogers (http://www.adrianrogers.org/). This has shown up on other sites with the date of 1931; but that's the year Dr. Rogers was born, not the year he made this statement (Wikipedia dates the quote at 1996). I like to try and check out anything that I post, which is not always possible; but I don't like to post something if I'm not at least reasonably sure it's true.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. -Adrian Rogers

I also got this new video from my buddy and thought I would break it out here:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/sxp-commercial.mp4

Not much going on in the fighting world that I know of, but a dilemma we have at home right now is whether to get the Swine Flu vaccine or not. I'll be paying extra close attention to the comments this week to see what advice everyone has: Get the vaccine or don't?

Finally the Bible verse for this week:

Remember Your promise to me, O Lord, it is my only hope. Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles. (Psalm 119:49-50)

-matt

Chuck
10-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Hey Matt/NateR,

Could you find out where Pat gets his earplugs? I need a new pair for riding my motorcycle and his looked pretty cool in that video.

Thanks!!

Boomer
10-15-2009, 04:53 AM
:w00t: I could see this VID!!! :w00t: :w00t:

That stinks about Chuck .... wish I could have seen some of the show. Getting booted off by the two step though .... :unsure: Chuck need to spend more time in Texas!!!!

Swine Flu .... honestly I can't offer much advise on that. That was something that came about since I have been over here and its not anything I've had to deal with. I thought I heard something someone said about the vaccine having adverse affects on some people .... but that is often blow out of proportion because EVERY vaccine will affect a small portion of the population in an adverse way. <shrug>

I'd personally get it with no thought about it ... but if I had kids that would be a different story. I'd look at the causality rate caused by this strain and the age demographic it most impacts. Are more children dying from this then adults ... I'd weigh in the same statics from the normal flu strain. Often media and pharmaceutical companies will saturate society with something in order to drum up sales on a "new" vaccine. But in reality the mortality rate for the normal flu could be just as high and just not reported on. Then I'd compare the percentage of the chances someone has at having the adverse vaccine affects with the percentage of probablity for contracting h1n1. If I get some time I'll try to put all that together.

huan
10-15-2009, 05:32 AM
Here's an interesting article I read on this by a neurosurgeon who was also a medical officer in the military during the first swine flu scare in 1976:

http://www.newsmax.com/health/blaylock_swine_flu/2009/05/05/210985.html

His conclusion:

"Like SARS and bird flu before it, this swine flu scare is a lot of nonsense.

Just take your high dose vitamin D3 (5000 IU a day), eat a healthy diet and take a few immune boosting supplements (such as beta-1, 3/1, 6 glucan) and you will not have to worry about this flu."

The only advice I can offer personally is to research and pray before you make any decisions.

flo
10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
We both got the seasonal flu shot. I take Vit. C and D everyday, wash hands, avoid crowds where I can. So I will not be getting the swine flu vaccine. There was an article about possible neurological side effects from it, I'll see if I can hunt it down...

Here it is, our friends in the UK could know more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

I think Amy will have better insight on this topic.

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 12:47 PM
We are vaccinating ALL of our pregnant patients. They are at high risk of having really bad complications including death from H1N1. Plus, if mom gets the shot it passes immunity to baby through her and then through her breastmilk after delivery. Small children are another high risk group. Healthy people who are not in a high risk group can choose to decline the vaccine and chance getting sick. My 12 year old son got the H1N1 flu and sailed through just fine with no problems. My daughter has asthma so I will have her vaccinated as soon as her pediatrician offers it. She did not catch it from her brother due to good infection control in the home.

The flu vaccine has been given for many years, since the 50s. The H1N1 we are giving now is made the same way as the seasonal vaccine but just has that strain of the flu in it. It carries the same risks as the seasonal vaccine because it is basically the same thing. There are risks to any vaccine just the same as there are risks to any medication.

~Amy

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
We both got the seasonal flu shot. I take Vit. C and D everyday, wash hands, avoid crowds where I can. So I will not be getting the swine flu vaccine. There was an article about possible neurological side effects from it, I'll see if I can hunt it down...

Here it is, our friends in the UK could know more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

I think Amy will have better insight on this topic.

We screen for Guillan-barre every year with the seasonal flu vaccine, not just H1N1.

http://www.cdc.gov/FLU/about/qa/gbs.htm

specifically on the H1N1: http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/gbs_qa.htm

~Amy

Neezar
10-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I haven't found one doctor at our place that is getting it. All that I have heard are declining for their families, also. We have one MD who studies and researches everything. He graduated med school early and still constantly studies medicine while practicing. Your basic over achiever. Some of the other docs asked him if he was getting it. His reply, "Absolutely not!" They usually follow suit with whatever he says. lol

I'm not getting it and neither are my children. If you are in a high risk category then I would consider getting it.

Llamafighter
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
My little nephew got the swine flu and my sister and brother-in-law (who's a DR.) rode it out with over the counter meds. It knocked him down pretty good but he wasn't a high risk. I guess if it it's going ot give you piece of mind as a parent then get them the shots. I'll ask my brother-in-law what he thinks and get back to ya.

Too bad about Chuck. I thought he did a great job on the show and probably gained a ton of fans. I thought for sure that Michael Irving was going home before Chuck.

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Keep in mind guys that really good infection control techniques can reduce your risk of getting the flu hugely. Keep a 3 ft radius distance from any person you suspect has it, the germs cannot go past that even with coughing and sneezing. Wash your hands long enough to sing the alphabet or "twinkle, twinkle little star." Hand sanitizer works if you aren't near a sink, use it especially when out in stores after touching the grocery cart. Lysol is like magic. When my son had the flu he carried the can with him and he had to spray anything he touched. Don't forget to spray things like door knobs, light switches, remote controls, phones, fridge door handle, faucettes, etc. This should be done twice daily by an adult if someone in the home has the flu but older kids can be taught to spray what they touch to reduce the spread of germs if they are sick. Wash all dishes and utensils used by the sick person in the dishwasher, regular sink washing may not be enough.

So use common sense, most people will be fine catching the flu the old fashioned way. Also, they are seeing that those who were alive in 1976 and got the flu that year have some immunity to the strain going around now. It's one of the reasons you aren't hearing of the older population who is normally really at risk yearly getting sick with this one. High risk folks should speak with their doctors and see what is recommended. My three highest risk worries would be pregnant ladies, newborns, and children with compromised immune systems.

~Amy

Neezar
10-15-2009, 02:38 PM
p.s. I am just sad about Chuck.

Neezar
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
From Matt's blog:

I also got this new video from my buddy and thought I would break it out here:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/bl...commercial.mp4 (http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/sxp-commercial.mp4)

It won't let me watch this. :sad:

Boomer
10-15-2009, 06:55 PM
I haven't found one doctor at our place that is getting it. All that I have heard are declining for their families, also. We have one MD who studies and researches everything. He graduated med school early and still constantly studies medicine while practicing. Your basic over achiever. Some of the other docs asked him if he was getting it. His reply, "Absolutely not!" They usually follow suit with whatever he says. lol

I'm not getting it and neither are my children. If you are in a high risk category then I would consider getting it.

Bingo .. h1n1 .. bring it on. If it doesn't kill me, it will make me stronger ... if it kills me .. well, that would suck. :blink:

My three highest risk worries would be pregnant ladies, newborns, and children with compromised immune systems.

Risk of what Amy? I guess that is what I don't understand. I've done a little reading on it since Matt posted this and it seems the biggest concern is that many more people will get it because it hasn't been an active strain and our population hasn't had time to build the immunities to it. But does h1n1 have more severe impact on the body than the other strains that have been common? So far I haven't been able to find anything that states otherwise.

I did read that the vaccine though isn't the same as the one in the 1970's with that outbreak around Fort Dix NJ that caused the scare of it causing that disease were your bodyís immune system starts attacking your nervous system. There arenít any "accelerators" in this vaccine that led to complications people are concerned about. I mean really it just sounds like this is the same vaccine with a different viral strain built into the formula.

Boomer
10-15-2009, 07:00 PM
It won't let me watch this. :sad:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

OHHH man D this was the BEST VID EVER!!!! My life is SO much more complete now that I have seen this video!!!! I didn't KNOW what I was missing until I saw this .. it's..... magnanimous.

(ok you guys are right, that is kinda fun)

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Bingo .. h1n1 .. bring it on. If it doesn't kill me, it will make me stronger ... if it kills me .. well, that would suck. :blink:

Risk of what Amy? I guess that is what I don't understand. I've done a little reading on it since Matt posted this and it seems the biggest concern is that many more people will get it because it hasn't been an active strain and our population hasn't had time to build the immunities to it. But does h1n1 have more severe impact on the body than the other strains that have been common? So far I haven't been able to find anything that states otherwise.

I did read that the vaccine though isn't the same as the one in the 1970's with that outbreak around Fort Dix NJ that caused the scare of it causing that disease were your bodyís immune system starts attacking your nervous system. There arenít any "accelerators" in this vaccine that led to complications people are concerned about. I mean really it just sounds like this is the same vaccine with a different viral strain built into the formula.

Pregnant ladies breathe differently because the fetus is taking up so much room and keeping her from taking deep breaths. Therefore they tend to get lung infections like pneumonia and are dying from it in larger numbers than any other population right now. Newborns have no defense and die easily from any serious upper resp. infection and cannot be vaccinated until 6 months of age. This is why breastfeeding is so important if the mom is able. Her immunities pass from her to the baby. Immune compromised children, well you know that one. All other people mostly run the risk of feeling awful like they do with any seasonal flu they've ever had. The death rate is not bad at all for them.

This vaccine is different from the one in 1976. This is made the same as the seasonal vaccine that has been given since the 50s.

~Amy

Neezar
10-15-2009, 07:37 PM

OHHH man D this was the BEST VID EVER!!!! My life is SO much more complete now that I have seen this video!!!! I didn't KNOW what I was missing until I saw this .. it's..... magnanimous.

(ok you guys are right, that is kinda fun)

Glad to help out. :angry:

Boomer
10-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Glad to help out. :angry:

:w00t:

Could I get one more of :angry: and maybe a few of :censored: :grumpy: just to get a few more giggles!!

:w00t:

Chris F
10-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Most in town here has got it my family (except for me) included and it is not worth writing home about. The vaccine only compounds the problem and could make your kids contract it. Doctors are in the pocket books of the drug companies so their advice (unless they are your close friends) is tainted. My wife's aunt is a doctor and she says they are a waste of 25.00 and does nto suggest them. She got the swine flu twice already. She works at a low income clinic for the Creek Nation here in Oklahoma and so far no one has really been hurt by it.

Mac
10-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Ive been on the fence about this one myself .

I personally wont get it , dont think i need it , i just dont get sick . I dont know how many years its been since i have been to a doctor. I spend countless hours in rain , and freezing temps and i just dont get sick . I dont take antibiotics or anything so i honestly think that has helped my body build a pretty strong immune system.

Hank and Boone are the ones i worry about , Hank is 18mos old . but he isnt around a whole lot of people . Boone has a pretty stout immune system also i think .

I just dont know , so many horror stories about it no matter which route you take. as it stands i dont think i am going to get them the shot.

flo
10-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the great information, Amy. Neither my husband nor I are connected with the health care field and I was getting more and more confused about the vaccine (and there have been a lot of scare tactics used out there, one article I read intimated the CDC was in bed with the pharmaceuticals and that's why they were advocating the H1N1 vaccine so strongly).

To be honest, I'm something of a hypochondriac and I'm frightened about side effects (and the efficacy of the vaccine itself).

I need reassurance! :frantics:

:laugh:

flo
10-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Too bad about Chuck. I thought he did a great job on the show and probably gained a ton of fans. I thought for sure that Michael Irving was going home before Chuck.
Same here, I was really surprised and disappointed. Chuck wasn't a great dancer but I thought he was better than both Michael and the skateboarder (can't remember his name).

Kudos to Chuck for doing it, I'd never have enough chutzpah!

Neezar
10-15-2009, 07:53 PM
So Matt, do you think that you would have lasted longer than Chuck? :Whistle:

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Most in town here has got it my family (except for me) included and it is not worth writing home about. The vaccine only compounds the problem and could make your kids contract it. Doctors are in the pocket books of the drug companies so their advice (unless they are your close friends) is tainted. My wife's aunt is a doctor and she says they are a waste of 25.00 and does nto suggest them. She got the swine flu twice already. She works at a low income clinic for the Creek Nation here in Oklahoma and so far no one has really been hurt by it.

You don't catch the flu from the inactivated virus in the vaccine. And no drug company has paid me to say that. High risk groups need to be vaccinated if they research it and feel the risk of feeling sick and having a sore arm outweigh the risk of death or weeks in the hospital on a vent. Live virus vaccines are different so if you worry about catching the flu from the vaccine, don't choose the flumist kind that goes up your nose.

Again, I will say HIGH RISK POPULATIONS SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER BEING VACCINATED AGAINST H1N1. All other people can relax.

~Amy

Tyburn
10-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Poor Chuck :unsure-1:

As for Swineflu....I wont get any vaccine, I doubt it would have that much effect on me from what little I know of it and its spread in England. But then I dont have dependants :mellow:

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the great information, Amy. Neither my husband nor I are connected with the health care field and I was getting more and more confused about the vaccine (and there have been a lot of scare tactics used out there, one article I read intimated the CDC was in bed with the pharmaceuticals and that's why they were advocating the H1N1 vaccine so strongly).

To be honest, I'm something of a hypochondriac and I'm frightened about side effects (and the efficacy of the vaccine itself).

I need reassurance! :frantics:

Hey, if the vaccine makes you nervous it's ok to skip it. Normal, healthy non pregnant adults sail through this flu strain just fine. My healthy 12 year old son sailed through it just fine. You'll be fine, my dear. Having the flu sucks but you'll build up your immune system and be stronger for it. Remember chicken pox parties when we were kids? :laugh:

~Amy

flo
10-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Thx, Amy, I really appreciate the links and your expertise (I didn't know there was a difference between the nasal "shot" and the vaccine, for instance).

TexasRN
10-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Thx, Amy, I really appreciate the links and your expertise (I didn't know there was a difference between the nasal "shot" and the vaccine, for instance).

Not a problem. I did the flumist one year when it was offered at one of the hospitals I worked at. It wasn't bad at all. My nose ran and I tasted a really sweet taste for about 30 minutes but never got sick at all. I get the seasonal shot in the arm and have only ever had a slightly sore arm at the injection site. I will get the H1N1 vaccine to protect my daughter and my pregnant patients. If it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't get it.

~Amy

Bonnie
10-16-2009, 12:54 AM
It's a pickle of a decision. :unsure-1: From reading this thread, a lot of people are uncertain what to do especially if you have kids.

I asked my doctor since I'm on chemo now; he said regular flu yes, H1N1, no. We didn't really discuss it further...yet. I really hadn't planned on getting it (H1N1) 1) because of my current medical situation/treatment and 2) I just feel it's too soon to know if there will be any untoward side effects with this one.

My husband says he'll take it, me, no; my twin wanted to get my nephew who's 8 vaccinated with H1N1, but her husband says, "No".

What to do, what to do...

I was really surprised when Chuck got voted off last night; I thought for sure the snowboarder was going home. :wink: But, to look on the bright side, he wasn't one of the first to go and he's going while the judges are still being nice to him and he's been dubbed the "Gentle Giant". :wub:

Matt must have forgotten to vote for him Monday...:laugh:

Bonnie
10-16-2009, 12:58 AM
So Matt, do you think that you would have lasted longer than Chuck? :Whistle:

As Madea would say, "Hell to the yeah!!!" :laugh:

flo
10-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Bonnie, I was "hit and miss" on these forums the last 2 years when we were transitioning from old to new job, new town, etc. and hadn't realized you were on chemo. I hope you are doing ok, must be hell to go through, sending positive thoughts your way.

{{Bonnie}}

Neezar
10-16-2009, 03:13 AM
As Madea would say, "Hell to the yeah!!!" :laugh:

Spiritwalker
10-16-2009, 04:30 PM
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. -Adrian Rogers

That is my new motto!!!!!!

Love it Love it Love it!!!

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
10-16-2009, 07:08 PM
My family wont be getting the vaccine!!!!
Our bodies have the natural, innate ability to fight off many viruses, germs, etc.....but when our system is overly bombarded with chemicals, drugs, vaccines....over time, our immune system is compromised and weakened.

Ex: The overuse of antibioticss...dont get me wrong, there are times when they are needed........but continual use for colds and sinus and simple infections...lead to one infection after another, and another....

Prevention is best, keep your immune system strong naturally....like using common sense on staying away from sick people, vit c intake is good, etc....

I personally, dont freak out about germs.....we have never gotten the flu shot or any other vaccines, my child has exemptions from all vaccines as well and he has never been sick!

The vaccine industry is a deeply rooted, money making industry that most Americans are involved in....but more and more people are having their eyes opened to the negative effects of vaccines and they see how humans are, more or less, guinea pigs for such new controversial drugs! I wont put my family at risk......When the risk can lead to death...its not worth it!

Research it well and make an informed decision!
Some awesome books.....Vaccinations, Deception & Tragedy
as well as...A Shot in the Dark

Conrad
10-17-2009, 01:46 AM
1) Adrian Rogers rocks. I catch him on the radio by accident all the time and I always like it. His sermons are pretty down to earth.

2) I'm not sure about a vaccine that was rushed out so quickly. looking at the calendar, it seems pretty scary. I'm still a little wary after some of the stuff that's happened with unchecked vaccinations before (borderline experimentation on the public, Tuskeegee, Bayer/HIV incident, etc, and especially the book Propoganda, ingesting sodium fluoride, etc).

What tripped me up was when the nightly news reported that there there just over 300 deaths from swine flu world wide. This was a while ago (May/June). Then they said that the annual death rate for JUST IN THE US from seasonal flues was over 36,000 people. (RN, is that accurate??) Wait....1% worldwide of the annual rate locally? That's shifting contexts, but put together, the risk sounds lower. Is it? Hmmmm.

I did not like the justifications given on the news for rushing. Specifically, the justifications given did not match the critique. The criticism was that there wasn't enough testing done with the rush. The response sidesteps that issue by saying that the processes are better now than they used to be. That sounds related, but it's really a dodge. (Look at the effect of what is said in addition to the meaning of the the texts.) It sounds like testing isn't needed because procedures are "better now," when it still is needed anyway. In other words, the response assumes that the criticism comes from an older form that needed more/different testing. That subverts the listeners' thinking by slapping the "outdated" mental label onto the critic without directly calling the critic outdated. Very sneaky, and it plays with your thinking. ALWAYS make sure that the answer matches the question without shifting contexts or slanting.

We could rephrase the criticism as "You're not obeying your own protocols with this vaccine," and stay true to the intended meaning. The earlier response is then understood (without subverting the audience's thinking) as, "We don't need to follow our own protocols." Now, in light of what happens when we let Standards and Practices slide....Do I wanna risk getting injected under the "rush-command" of a Presidental Administration (all of them, Ob's just a puppet mouthpeice) who love death (abortion, Georgia Guidestones) as much as all of DC does? No. I'd probably be better off with colloidal silver and a salt-water nasal rinse, which has been ok for me in the past. And I'm not even a hippie! (Side note: Here comes Codex Alimentarius to ruin everything.)

Please see:

http://www.healthcarerepublic.com/search/news/935745/Exclusive-GPs-may-reject-swine-flu-vaccine/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH

http://www.infowars.com/swine-flu-martial-law-bill-clears-massachusetts-senate/

Check the links in this article:
http://www.infowars.com/ten-swine-flu-lies-told-by-the-mainstream-media/

http://www.merkur-online.de/nachrichten/muenchen/schweinegrippe-impfung-testpatient-packt-meta-451084.html
Translated here:
http://www.infowars.com/swine-flu-vaccination-an-injured-subject-speaks-out-as-researchers-deny-link/

Food for thought... an aside... Please bear in mind that when the thinktank called "Project for a New American Century" published their manifesto entitled, "Rebuilding America's Defences," they did so with the mentality that silence is approval. In other words, when their tiny publication went unnoticed by the US mainstream, their thinking is that therefore, the public was fully informed (it wasn't) and the public DID say "yes" to their ideas by refraining from saying anything. These people are sick. The public didn't even know there was a discussion. One PNAC man, formerly of Searle, had helped get the known poison aspartame pushed through the FDA illegitimately (put your own puppets in). He went on to become Defense Secretary. Now...would you trust these people? The ideologies didn't change with the political parties.

Neezar
10-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Please see:

http://www.infowars.com/swine-flu-martial-law-bill-clears-massachusetts-senate/

:scared0011:

TexasRN
10-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Conrad, from what is going on now I can say that there are way more deaths from seasonal flu each year in the US than what we are seeing with the H1N1 worldwide. If you are a normal, healthy person this flu strain is rather mild compared to what we deal with normally. The problem is more for pregnant ladies who have altered immune systems and altered breathing patterns and immune compromised children. The kids who are dying from this almost all have underlying health problems like leukemia, severe asthma, etc.

A lot of people are getting freaked out over this because of the media attention. Choosing to not be vaccinated is fine. I am recommending the shot to my patient population because they are high risk pregnant ladies. I like them to stay alive and for some of them just surviving the pregnancy is a miracle in itself.

~Amy

Conrad
10-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Conrad, from what is going on now I can say that there are way more deaths from seasonal flu each year in the US than what we are seeing with the H1N1 worldwide. If you are a normal, healthy person this flu strain is rather mild compared to what we deal with normally. The problem is more for pregnant ladies who have altered immune systems and altered breathing patterns and immune compromised children. The kids who are dying from this almost all have underlying health problems like leukemia, severe asthma, etc.

A lot of people are getting freaked out over this because of the media attention. Choosing to not be vaccinated is fine. I am recommending the shot to my patient population because they are high risk pregnant ladies. I like them to stay alive and for some of them just surviving the pregnancy is a miracle in itself.

~Amy

Yep, that's exactly the pattern I see in the news, where they report on the deaths (which I don't mean to belittle) of some, all of whom have other illnesses or other complicating factors. Then, the media attention shifts this info's application to the general population. Only in the past few weeks did we start hearing the media promote it for the risk groups, like your ladies, and that was only echoing other officials and based on shortages. Why to the media writers think that they have to create panic? Oh yeah, PRS (cf. Rom Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff, "Never waste a crisis; it's an opportunity to get things done," [that you couldn't get done otherwise]).

Also, I was trying to find a video of two ladies, one like your, discussing the vaccine. Most of the time was spent on legal jurisdictions after they finished the medical information, but there was some medical info. I think you would have appreciated that.

One point I need cleared. If I understand you correctly, this avian strain genome renamed for 2009 as H1N1 (I have a friend in the university who looked at the early genome data) is more likely to kill people with altered systems than seasonal flu. Correct? That is, if one of your patients gets seasonal flu, she's more likely to survive it than H1N1? YEs?

thanks dear,

LM

---------------

Appending:
my earlier point was about trusting the source of the vaccine with safe handling. Here's an example that I forgot to list:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg-52mHIjhs
and we remember where Bayer came from, right? (ahem...IG Farben, war criminals released thanks to Nate Rockefeller) And after their releases, Fritz derMeer started pushing codex Alimentarius because the lust for control doesn't end. not my original source, but http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/PHARMACEUTICAL_BUSINESS/history_of_the_pharmaceutical_industry.htm Now, what I was saying is WHY should we trust these people who want to control the world through death? The vaccine was rushed.

TexasRN
10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Yep, that's exactly the pattern I see in the news, where they report on the deaths (which I don't mean to belittle) of some, all of whom have other illnesses or other complicating factors. Then, the media attention shifts this info's application to the general population. Only in the past few weeks did we start hearing the media promote it for the risk groups, like your ladies, and that was only echoing other officials and based on shortages. Why to the media writers think that they have to create panic? Oh yeah, PRS (cf. Rom Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff, "Never waste a crisis; it's an opportunity to get things done," [that you couldn't get done otherwise]).

Also, I was trying to find a video of two ladies, one like your, discussing the vaccine. Most of the time was spent on legal jurisdictions after they finished the medical information, but there was some medical info. I think you would have appreciated that.

One point I need cleared. If I understand you correctly, this avian strain genome renamed for 2009 as H1N1 (I have a friend in the university who looked at the early genome data) is more likely to kill people with altered systems than seasonal flu. Correct? That is, if one of your patients gets seasonal flu, she's more likely to survive it than H1N1? YEs?

thanks dear,

LM

Yes. The U.S. population has a certain amount of immunity to the seasonal flu since we get it yearly or at least are exposed to it yearly. The H1N1 strain last made its rounds in 1976. If you weren't born then and exposed to it then you have no immunity to it at all. Therefore, your body has to work harder to fight it off. It's why the younger population is being hit so hard by it. My patients are pregnant ladies who are generally younger and have huge body changes including hormonal changes which alter the immune system so her body won't attack the baby as a foreign substance and kill it and breathing changes due to the growing fetus pushing on her lungs and keeping her from taking deep breaths to clear out those lower lobes. So my patients are at high risk for dying from the H1N1 from those factors. Does that make sense? Sometimes it's hard to explain this stuff over the net. I'll answer anything I can to the best of my knowledge but ya'll have to remember that I do not replace your own doctor and am not giving medical advice. I hope that helps answer what you were asking.

~Amy