PDA

View Full Version : Matt at the MMA Expo in NY

Psykojojo
10-14-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm almost sure someone probably mentioned this but I didn't find it in search. It's in NY in 2 weeks, anyone going? Matt will be there sunday which I can probably swing, unfortunatly I'll miss Wanderlie because of my dang job. It's all good though, I'd love to meet Matt again, awesome guy

http://www.mmaworldexpo.com

Boomer
10-14-2009, 03:16 AM
Oh man thats the weekend I fly back .... maybe I can fly into NY instead of DC ... hummm ...

VCURamFan
10-14-2009, 03:44 AM
Man, that would be so awesome to be able check that out. Congrats on having the chance to meet up with him guys!

Llamafighter
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
I"M TOTALLY THERE! That's AWESOME!!!!!!! Jojo you're the man for letting us know!

Llamafighter
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh man thats the weekend I fly back .... maybe I can fly into NY instead of DC ... hummm ...

DO IT!!!!!!!!

County Mike
10-14-2009, 04:45 PM
I didn't know about this, but I'm definitely looking into it now.

Crisco
10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Count me in !

County Mike
10-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Anyone know the time-frame that Matt will be there? I could only find that he'd be there Sunday. I can't make Saturday either (Halloween party to get ready for). Should be less than a 3-hour drive for me though, so I might go Sunday.

Psykojojo
10-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Cool, hope to meet up with you guys or something! Boom, it'd be awesome to see ya again man. Let me know what you guys are doing, hopefully Mogah and I can get down there on sunday and cause some trouble

Crisco
10-14-2009, 05:29 PM
It would be cool for all of us to meet up.

County Mike
10-14-2009, 05:38 PM
It would be cool for all of us to meet up.

Definitely. I sent Al Buck a txt. He'll probably want to go with me. If you're going, PM me for cell phone number if you don't already have it. I would probably try to get there close to 11am (by noon at least). Not sure if I'll stay until 6pm closing but meeting for lunch would be cool.

Crisco
10-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Definitely. I sent Al Buck a txt. He'll probably want to go with me. If you're going, PM me for cell phone number if you don't already have it. I would probably try to get there close to 11am (by noon at least). Not sure if I'll stay until 6pm closing but meeting for lunch would be cool.

I'm down for anything man.

Got us quite a group going if it all works out.

myself, LLama, Jojo, The boomz, Mike anyone else might be attending?

Anyone who's going into the city and isn't there alrdy we should meet up and try and go in together.

Psykojojo
10-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Sounds good to me, if I don't answer on here send me a message on facebook (i go back to work tomorrow and i don't really get time to check anything but my mail). Joseph Martin in Scranton

County Mike
10-14-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm down for anything man.

Got us quite a group going if it all works out.

myself, LLama, Jojo, The boomz, Mike anyone else might be attending?

Anyone who's going into the city and isn't there alrdy we should meet up and try and go in together.

Where would you suggest meeting? I assume we'd take the train into the city after meeting at a station somewhere? I don't know the area well enough so I'm at your mercy. I would have tried parking near the expo but I have no idea how available parking is in the area.

Llamafighter
10-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Where would you suggest meeting? I assume we'd take the train into the city after meeting at a station somewhere? I don't know the area well enough so I'm at your mercy. I would have tried parking near the expo but I have no idea how available parking is in the area.

you're better off parking in Hoboken or Jersey City and taking the PATH train in (4 bucks round trip)
I can probably meet you guys once you get to 33rd st. station and we can walk to the Javitz center. there are a lot of bars and restaurants over in that area so a place to hang out will be no problem.

Crisco
10-14-2009, 06:38 PM

Worst case if there is just you and buck Mike We could probably meet at my house. I assume your probably taking the parkway up which is towars my house/ so we can leave the cars in my driveway and not have trouble parking more then one car in Hoboken or JC. I live 10 min from the train station pretty much.

My girlfriend is most likely coming. We have room for 4 total but if you have a truck we could squeeze more probably.

Hoboken and JC are tough for parking so the less cars to park the better me thinks.

Boomer
10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Shouldn't we have posted this in the men's section so dawn wouldn't know. :ninja:

VCURamFan
10-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Shouldn't we have posted this in the men's section so dawn wouldn't know. :ninja:
It's OK, she's too afraid of Mike to wanna show anyhow!:laugh:

Llamafighter
10-14-2009, 07:16 PM

great info to have AN HOUR AGO!!!:angry:

now she knows:angry:

:laugh:

Crisco
10-14-2009, 07:19 PM
great info to have AN HOUR AGO!!!:angry:

now she knows:angry:

You guys dropped the ball on that one

Boomer
10-14-2009, 07:21 PM

:laugh: I'm just joshing. I hope our Dawn can make it!

Ok so I couldn't change my tickets to fly into NY, but I could move them up a day. So I'm flying out of here Friday and land in DC early Sat morning. I'll spend a few hours at home and then head on over to New York. Actually I normally go on a long drive as soon as I get back anyway so this will kill two birds with one stone.

I registered for the expo and made a reservation at the Sheraton they had listed on their site. Mark, would love to crash at your place, but honestly I've been sleeping in a tent with 20 others guys for the last 9 months and my folks moved into my house while I was over here so honestly a night in a hotel sounds pretty good right now. :laugh: I think everyone has my cell so shoot me a text and I'll let you know what room I'm in.

Mark, if you and the wife are free .. and anyone else that can make it and wants to go, let me know and we can hit up a broadway show and dinner (on me) Saturday night and do the expo thing Sunday. I'll get the tickets online, we just need to figured out what we want to see.

This will be a good intro back to the states. :D look forward to seeing you all again and finally meeting Mike.

Llamafighter
10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
:laugh: I'm just joshing. I hope our Dawn can make it!

Ok so I couldn't change my tickets to fly into NY, but I could move them up a day. So I'm flying out of here Friday and land in DC early Sat morning. I'll spend a few hours at home and then head on over to New York. Actually I normally go on a long drive as soon as I get back anyway so this will kill two birds with one stone.

I registered for the expo and made a reservation at the Sheraton they had listed on their site. Mark, would love to crash at your place, but honestly I've been sleeping in a tent with 20 others guys for the last 9 months and my folks moved into my house while I was over here so honestly a night in a hotel sounds pretty good right now. :laugh: I think everyone has my cell so shoot me a text and I'll let you know what room I'm in.

Mark, if you and the wife are free .. and anyone else that can make it and wants to go, let me know and we can hit up a broadway show and dinner (on me) Saturday night and do the expo thing Sunday. I'll get the tickets online, we just need to figured out what we want to see.

This will be a good intro back to the states. :D look forward to seeing you all again and finally meeting Mike.

^^^^
This is the best news since hearing Matt was coming!
No offense taken, buddy, I completely understand! I'll check about the show with my wife. We'll debate over who's paying for what when you get here:)

Boomer
10-14-2009, 07:32 PM
We'll debate over who's paying for what when you get here:)

:laugh: Mark, Honestly brother save yourself the emotional turmoil. besides .. I'll be using all of your tax dollars I got while over here to pay for it, so in a sense ... you are. :w00t:

Is Stomp still playing??

Llamafighter
10-14-2009, 07:51 PM
:laugh: Mark, Honestly brother save yourself the emotional turmoil. besides .. I'll be using all of your tax dollars I got while over here to pay for it, so in a sense ... you are. :w00t:

Is Stomp still playing??

:laugh::laugh:

LOL

I'm pretty sure Stomp is playing forever! I'll check the listings. There's a lot of new stuff opening.

Crisco
10-14-2009, 07:58 PM
:laugh::laugh:

LOL

I'm pretty sure Stomp is playing forever! I'll check the listings. There's a lot of new stuff opening.

Let me know the times of the show u guys land on... I might be available to go if its late enough =) IF you'll have me that is :tongue0011:

County Mike
10-14-2009, 08:02 PM

She fears the motorboat! :)

Possible Kelli will join us. If so, Dawn's safe.
I'll get with you Chris when I have more exact info. The directions I google-mapped have me going up 95 but the parkway shouldn't be a problem either. In fact, if that would work out, I prefer it to 95. Buck has Honda Pilot. Maybe I can talk him into driving if I pay for the gas and tolls. Better mileage and holds more people.

Boomer
10-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Let me know the times of the show u guys land on... I might be available to go if its late enough =) IF you'll have me that is :tongue0011:

Of course Chris. :wink: Gotta meet this girl friend you speak of.

County Mike
10-14-2009, 11:42 PM
This will be cool. So far, I've met Chuck but nobody else from the forum.

Boomer
10-15-2009, 12:28 AM
This will be cool. So far, I've met Chuck but nobody else from the forum.

Yea Im looking forward to this as well. It will be a good time. We'll see what kinda trouble we can get in Saturday night ... and hopfully I won't get my car towed like last time. :mellow: I now know that "NO STANDING" applies to cars and not people.

Shane Lee 2
10-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Ok If I get all the charity stuff worked out with the Fight Nerd people that are putting this on I am going to possibly be there.

We are discussing having a charity deal set-up where people can play a game against a fighter for a donation and also having a autograph session with donations all of these will go to my charity.

They called me about this at the last minute so I don't know if we will get it worked out or not. But I'll let ya'll know if we do.

It would be great to see all of ya.

Psykojojo
10-15-2009, 01:24 AM
http://ic2.pbase.com/o6/54/73654/1/77461572.TE579ERW.vincemotorboat.gif

Llamafighter
10-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Ok If I get all the charity stuff worked out with the Fight Nerd people that are putting this on I am going to possibly be there.

We are discussing having a charity deal set-up where people can play a game against a fighter for a donation and also having a autograph session with donations all of these will go to my charity.

They called me about this at the last minute so I don't know if we will get it worked out or not. But I'll let ya'll know if we do.

It would be great to see all of ya.

That would be awesome, Shane. This thing is growing by the minute! awesome

Shane Lee 2
10-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Thanks!! I hope it grows exponentially so we can help the masses!

County Mike
10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Yea Im looking forward to this as well. It will be a good time. We'll see what kinda trouble we can get in Saturday night ... and hopfully I won't get my car towed like last time. :mellow: I now know that "NO STANDING" applies to cars and not people.

I won't be there until Sunday, probably in time for lunch. Having our annual Halloween Party Saturday night and I'll need most of Saturday to get the hall set up. That "No Standing" always seemed strange to me too. Who came up with that phrase and expected people to know what it meant? Was it from the days of horse and buggies?

Crisco
10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
If we can get maybe at 8 o clock showing me and my girlfriend would definately be going. She has work till 5 sometimes later so 8 is a perfect time. Could probably swing 7 though.

I wish your cell phone worked right now boomer lol

Llamafighter
10-15-2009, 02:13 PM
If we can get maybe at 8 o clock showing me and my girlfriend would definately be going. She has work till 5 sometimes later so 8 is a perfect time. Could probably swing 7 though.

I wish your cell phone worked right now boomer lol

Almost all the shows start at 8.

Boomer, if you want you can bring your car out to our place in Queen's and park it on the street in our neighborhood. it's really safe and it would save you the ridiculous parking fees for a garage in the city. It's a quick train trip into the city from there.

Crisco
10-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Almost all the shows start at 8.

Boomer, if you want you can bring your car out to our place in Queen's and park it on the street in our neighborhood. it's really safe and it would save you the ridiculous parking fees for a garage in the city. It's a quick train trip into the city from there.

pfft smart ass.

:tongue0011:

Mark would it be possible for you to meet us at the train station or around it when we head into the city?

Llamafighter
10-15-2009, 02:30 PM
you're better off parking in Hoboken or Jersey City and taking the PATH train in (4 bucks round trip)
I can probably meet you guys once you get to 33rd st. station and we can walk to the Javitz center. there are a lot of bars and restaurants over in that area so a place to hang out will be no problem.

No CrisCo:laugh:

Crisco
10-15-2009, 02:35 PM
No CrisCo:laugh:

smart ass

Crisco
10-15-2009, 02:36 PM
and Actually I ment on Saturday there buddy.

Where we meeting for saturday night not sunday lol

Llamafighter
10-15-2009, 03:42 PM
and Actually I ment on Saturday there buddy.

Where we meeting for saturday night not sunday lol

won't know until we pick a place to eat and a show to see. probably around 46th between 8th and 9th. a lot of good restaurants in that vicinity. it's also close to most of the theatres

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 03:52 PM
won't know until we pick a place to eat and a show to see. probably around 46th between 8th and 9th. a lot of good restaurants in that vicinity. it's also close to most of the theatres

Have a drink for me. And buy one for Boomer and tell him it's from me. K?

~Amy

Llamafighter
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Have a drink for me. And buy one for Boomer and tell him it's from me. K?

~Amy

I'll try, but it's easier said than done. I spent the entire weekend in Vegas trying to buy something (a coffee, and drink, anything) for Boomer, and he'd always get to the register and pay for it before I finished ordering.

Crisco
10-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I'll try, but it's easier said than done. I spent the entire weekend in Vegas trying to buy something (a coffee, and drink, anything) for Boomer, and he'd always get to the register and pay for it before I finished ordering.

It's kind of creepy sometimes haha. Feels like your on a date and your the chick haha

Boomer
10-15-2009, 05:41 PM

Since it's AMY .. I'l llet yea. :wink: :laugh:

It's kind of creepy sometimes haha. Feels like your on a date and your the chick haha

Humm I would have coined it as Big brother vs little brother ... cool uncle or some other type relationship. Buuuut if you wanna feel like a chick we all have our vises. Just don't show up to the show in pumps and a mini and expect any popcorn from me!!! :mellow:

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Humm I would have coined it as Big brother vs little brother ... cool uncle or some other type relationship. Buuuut if you wanna feel like a chick we all have our vises. Just don't show up to the show in pumps and a mini and expect any popcorn from me!!! :mellow:

:happydancing: You boys have a blast wreaking havoc on the Big Apple....

~Amy

Crisco
10-15-2009, 06:06 PM

Its sad that it's right where my mind goes right?

I gotta work on that.

County Mike
10-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Sorry I won't be able to join for the Saturday night fun, but I'll be having a pretty good time juding for the sexiest costume at the party. ;)

Don't worry. I'll post pics.

Boomer
10-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Sorry I won't be able to join for the Saturday night fun, but I'll be having a pretty good time juding for the sexiest costume at the party. ;)

Don't worry. I'll post pics.

:w00t: Hey I still have my man cow costum! I've been told I make the sexiest cow around .... :Whistle:

County Mike
10-15-2009, 06:32 PM
:w00t: Hey I still have my man cow costum! I've been told I make the sexiest cow around .... :Whistle:

Invitiation's open to anyone who wants to come. Sexy cow you may be, but it will take more than that to win our contest. :)

Boomer
10-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Invitiation's open to anyone who wants to come. Sexy cow you may be, but it will take more than that to win our contest. :)

oh yes ... I forgot about the chair thing I saw pictures of last year. :blink:

:laugh: :laugh:

County Mike
10-15-2009, 06:40 PM
This chair?
http://www.countysports.com/personal/gallery/2008_Halloween_Party/images/H024.jpg

That little yellow chair got busted that night. We'll have a replacement for this year's party.

Boomer
10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
This chair?
http://www.countysports.com/personal/gallery/2008_Halloween_Party/images/H024.jpg

That little yellow chair got busted that night. We'll have a replacement for this year's party.

:laugh: I just see a red X mike ... some pictures show up out here some don't ... but I'm sure it's probably the same chair ... :laugh:

Tyburn
10-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Sorry...I'm washing my hair that weekend :blink:

Can we delay Hughes for Two Years and I'll rearrange the southern 3rd States trip to be northern again :huh:

No...I didnt think so :rolleyes:

Llamafighter
10-23-2009, 12:52 PM
got my ticket for Sunday. How's it looking for everyone?

County Mike
10-23-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm going along with a few friends. We're picking up Crisco on the way.

Llamafighter
10-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm going along with a few friends. We're picking up Crisco on the way.

should we just meet there? where you guys parking? haven't heard from Boomer. I hope it's because he's on his way!

Mac
10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
We'll debate over who's paying for what when you get here:)
Mark , save yourself an argument . Let the man pay. He is going to pay no matter what . He will get in front of you if you try to hand money to someone .

Trust me pal , take a backseat on this one LOL!!! :laugh:

Llamafighter
10-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Mark , save yourself an argument . Let the man pay. He is going to pay no matter what . He will get in front of you if you try to hand money to someone .

Trust me pal , take a backseat on this one LOL!!! :laugh:

You're totally right, Mac. I feel like a punk not even making an effort. When I bought my ticket for the expo online I expected an email saying that Boomer had already gotten my ticket. LOL!

Mac
10-23-2009, 05:36 PM
You're totally right, Mac. I feel like a punk not even making an effort. When I bought my ticket for the expo online I expected an email saying that Boomer had already gotten my ticket. LOL!

I know LMAO . At the bonfire me and Boom went to walmart for supplies .Had a shopping cart over flowing , ran it through the checkout line and i knew id have to be quick so i pulled out pretty much everything i had in my wallet and handed it to the clerk . Boom took it out of her hand and payed with a credit card . Then when i wouldnt take the money back he held it over the Kids charity jug infront of the doors and said " Im gonna drop it you better take it back " LOL. I said its your money , help the kids if you want to , its a win win for everyone and he dropped it in and all i could do was laugh :laugh::laugh:. Thats as close as ive ever gotten to paying for anything with him around :laugh:

Mac
10-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I cant believe you guys are letting Crisco go . Better leave the dayglo spandex at home ! HA HA HA

Llamafighter
10-23-2009, 07:15 PM
I know LMAO . At the bonfire me and Boom went to walmart for supplies .Had a shopping cart over flowing , ran it through the checkout line and i knew id have to be quick so i pulled out pretty much everything i had in my wallet and handed it to the clerk . Boom took it out of her hand and payed with a credit card . Then when i wouldnt take the money back he held it over the Kids charity jug infront of the doors and said " Im gonna drop it you better take it back " LOL. I said its your money , help the kids if you want to , its a win win for everyone and he dropped it in and all i could do was laugh :laugh::laugh:. Thats as close as ive ever gotten to paying for anything with him around :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:That's awesome!

Crisco
10-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I cant believe you guys are letting Crisco go . Better leave the dayglo spandex at home ! HA HA HA

I'd be offended but I don't know what your talking about...

Explain yourself so I can verbally thrash you about goat love. Pics to prove it.

Mac
10-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I'd be offended but I don't know what your talking about...

Explain yourself so I can verbally thrash you about goat love. Pics to prove it.

intro section

Hey Bobby

My name is Crisco , im from Jersey

Turn ons = Fellers with tight butts in dayglo spandex and any hand lotion or soap that has pumice!

Turn offs = straight fellers and brillo pads.

Crisco
10-23-2009, 07:47 PM
intro section

Oh **** I thought that was a pm...

Crisco
10-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Nuff said.

TENNESSEAN
10-24-2009, 03:07 AM

Cool story.
Wish you could have made it to vegas mac we would have had a ball. Or should I say we had a ball wish you where there.

TexasRN
10-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Alrighty, I'm sitting here impatiently waiting for someone to tell the tale....:Whistle:

~Amy

Llamafighter
10-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Alrighty, I'm sitting here impatiently waiting for someone to tell the tale....:Whistle:

~Amy

Boomer just got out of the city and is driving back to VA with Dave Morris. I will say that he has officially earned the title of a New York driver. I'm going to let him tell the tale as he is the best story teller and Matt even mentioned that this would be a Boomertale.
Got to spend some good time with Boomer and Matt and Dave today. Crisco and his girlfriend and my wife Bridget and the guys went to a show last night and had dinner. today was a tour of NY and Queens via the Boomer mobile.
Expo was really nice.

TexasRN
10-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Boomer just got out of the city and is driving back to VA with Dave Morris. I will say that he has officially earned the title of a New York driver. I'm going to let him tell the tale as he is the best story teller and Matt even mentioned that this would be a Boomertale.
Got to spend some good time with Boomer and Matt and Dave today. Crisco and his girlfriend and my wife Bridget and the guys went to a show last night and had dinner. today was a tour of NY and Queens via the Boomer mobile.
Expo was really nice.

Ya'll let Boomer drive in NYC???? :unsure: I'm glad ya'll had a good time. I expect the full story with details tomorrow. Now I need a good, stern, mama-faced smilie to insert here. :laugh:

~Amy

Llamafighter
10-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Ya'll let Boomer drive in NYC???? :unsure: I'm glad ya'll had a good time. I expect the full story with details tomorrow. Now I need a good, stern, mama-faced smilie to insert here. :laugh:

~Amy

No one better to drive in this city than someone with warzone driving experience. he was a pro:laugh:

CT Hughes Fan
10-26-2009, 11:37 AM
I drove down to New York just to meet Matt at the expo. He was the nicest guy and I got a great picture of me with him. Thanks Matt for the best birthday in years. :) :) :)

County Mike
10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry I missed it. The Halloween party took much out of us. I guess Matt will get to meet me some other time. :)

Llamafighter
10-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I drove down to New York just to meet Matt at the expo. He was the nicest guy and I got a great picture of me with him. Thanks Matt for the best birthday in years. :) :) :)

:w00t:Upload the photo onto your profile album! The expo was really nice, huh?

CT Hughes Fan
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
The expo was small but there were alot of interesting things, training supplies, supplements and some booths that dealt with the fighter's health. There was even a booth that was doing massage. Everyone was really nice especially the people in the autograph area. Since I was waiting for Matt as soon as the show opened the staff was very nice to me.

I will try to post the picture later.

Neezar
10-26-2009, 01:25 PM
The expo was small but there were alot of interesting things, training supplies, supplements and some booths that dealt with the fighter's health. There was even a booth that was doing massage. Everyone was really nice especially the people in the autograph area. Since I was waiting for Matt as soon as the show opened the staff was very nice to me.

I will try to post the picture later.

Nice.

Chuck
10-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Sorry I missed it. The Halloween party took much out of us. I guess Matt will get to meet me some other time. :)

He must have been crushed.... :wink: