PDA

View Full Version : Movies that make you tear up ?

Mac
10-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Me and Becky were talking about this . No i never teared up when old yeller bit the bullet. got close . but didnt .

only one movie that i know of can make me cry ha ha ha . Armagedon . There are a few parts at the end of that movie that i just cant take. Like at the wedding with the crews photos , or when Harry is talking to Grace saying his goodbyes. Lose it everytime.

Mac
10-13-2009, 07:39 PM
this scene right here is the biggie , theres some more lol but this one always gets me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj0nP9mYdvg&feature=related

TexasRN
10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Frequency. :cry: What a movie.....a good one for guys.

Also, Steel Magnolias. That movie makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

Another good chick flick tear jerker: PS I Love You.

~Amy

County Mike
10-13-2009, 07:59 PM
"Marley and Me" is the worst movie ever made.

Twinsmama
10-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I never would have expected to see you post in this thread! You getting soft on us already?:laugh:

I cry anytime I see someone else cry. Damn hormones!

Llamafighter
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Field of Dreams at the end when he's playing catch with his dad.
That movie My Girl when the kid gets stung to death by bees.

Neezar
10-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Notebook

Little Miss Sunshine

The Bucket List

Not a movie but I cry every Thursdays night when Grey's Anatomy is on. lol
(Shut up, Mac! lol)

rearnakedchoke
10-13-2009, 10:22 PM

don't say the dog dies ...

rearnakedchoke
10-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Blood in Blood Out ... when the guy is singing at his brothers grave and his parents forgive him for being responsible for the kids death

bradwright
10-14-2009, 12:48 AM

that one made me cry ! ! !
i mean geez... i spent 20 some bucks on tickets and popcorn for my wife and I and then i had to sit through that dribble ! !:angry:
i still tear up a bit when i think back on it.:sad:

Josh
10-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Well I have a friend that is prone to cry from romance movies like Pride and Predjudice or Sense and Sensibility. This certain friend was not prone to cry in movies where main characters die only romance movies when the people finally get together. Of course I would never cry in a movie...

suntereo
10-14-2009, 07:24 AM
where the red fern grows make me cry at least 5 times - every time

cinderella man where he tells the reporters the reason he's winning is because he knows why he's fighting now........... milk

and the scene where his son takes the stolen salami back

Llamafighter
10-14-2009, 12:13 PM
I totally forgot about Empire Strikes Back when they are about to freeze han and Chewy starts throwing stormtroopers around and Han tells him he has to take care of Leia. Gets me every time

SteveT
10-14-2009, 12:44 PM
The Rookie...right at the end when Dennis Quaid's character gives his Dad the game ball and thanks him for coming...gets me every time.

Shoots like a girl
10-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Steal Magnolias for me too. "I can jog across the state and back but my daughter cant! She never could!" Gets me everytime!:cry:

Primadawn
10-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I watch Steel Magnolias probably 6 times a year. Gets me every time...:laugh: (No really!)

MattHughesRocks
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
No movie makes me tear up. Wussies :laugh:

Shoots like a girl
10-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Ladder 49 made me cry too

Shoots like a girl
10-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Its ok, you can tell us the truth........you are amounst friends! :laugh:

Primadawn
10-15-2009, 05:38 PM

You are my hero, sir!:laugh:

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I watch Steel Magnolias probably 6 times a year. Gets me every time...:laugh: (No really!)

I love Ouiser. I aspire to be like her when I'm old. :laugh:

~Amy

Tyburn
10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I've only ever cried at "all good dogs go to heaven" and Mother has only cried at "ring of bright water"

:cry:

:laugh:

Black Mamba
10-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Steel Magnolias does me in everytime. I wanted to perform Sally Field's monologue when she was the funeral, but it really got to me. And I've always wanted to perform the play. :) I'd either want to be Ousier, the other rich old lady (I forgot her name), or Sally Field's character.

And I can't say the Notebook because I have never seen it. Don't want to see it either.

TexasRN
10-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Steel Magnolias does me in everytime. I wanted to perform Sally Field's monologue when she was the funeral, but it really got to me. And I've always wanted to perform the play. :) I'd either want to be Ousier, the other rich old lady (I forgot her name), or Sally Field's character.

And I can't say the Notebook because I have never seen it. Don't want to see it either.

Clairee!! :w00t: Steel Magnolias is such a great movie because it's true. The guy who wrote it is one of Shelby's brothers. The nurses in the scene where she's dying are the actual nurses who cared for the real life Shelby.

The Notebook is an awesome movie but I can't watch it now that dad's been diagnosed with Alzheimers. It is a great love story. One of the best.

~Amy

bradwright
10-16-2009, 02:25 AM
I teared up a little when Chuck got booted off DWTS.....no really...i did ! ! !...does that count ?:unsure-1:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

MattHughesRocks
10-16-2009, 02:55 AM
Rocks don't cry
Its ok, you can tell us the truth........you are amounst friends! :laugh:

:angry:

You are my hero, sir!:laugh:

mscomc
10-16-2009, 04:26 AM
I dont really cry with TV show or movies either.... but the one movie that always got to me...was saving private ryan. It was the very last scene, where ryan (now an old man) is recalling his experience with the army rangers who were sent to save him, and he goes to the grave of Tom Hanks' character and tells him "I tried to live my life as best as i could, and I hope that at least in your eyes, I earned it"......:sad:

donaldbreland
10-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Patch adams. That movie made me cry. I'm man enough to admit it.

Neezar
10-16-2009, 11:15 AM
I dont really cry with TV show or movies either.... but the one movie that always got to me...was saving private ryan. It was the very last scene, where ryan (now an old man) is recalling his experience with the army rangers who were sent to save him, and he goes to the grave of Tom Hanks' character and tells him "I tried to live my life as best as i could, and I hope that at least in your eyes, I earned it"......:sad:

:cry:

Primadawn
10-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Thinking about this, I actually cry fairly easily at movies--which is weird, because in real life, I NEVER cry!
It's kind of a joke in my family--they say I don't have feelings...that I only have one!

I cried during Marley and Me too--not The Notebook though--but Danelle--you've GOT to see it!!!

Shoots like a girl
10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
I had forgotten about Patch Adams! That one always makes me cry! Im such a softy!

Patch adams. That movie made me cry. I'm man enough to admit it.

billwilliams70
10-16-2009, 02:51 PM
It used to be few and far between when I would, and I really can't think of any titles....nothing comes to mind. But now it's a different story, I cry during any movie when someone passes away. It just evokes memories...

Later.

Spiritwalker
10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Armagedon . There are a few parts at the end of that movie that i just cant take. Like at the wedding with the crews photos , or when Harry is talking to Grace saying his goodbyes. Lose it everytime.

Agreed.

Spiritwalker
10-16-2009, 03:56 PM

That one did it to me as well...

What Dreams May Come - Robin Williams...

When he realizes that the Cuba Gooding charater is his son. rips right through me.

there are some others..

VCURamFan
10-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Any Will Ferrell movie

Neezar
10-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Thinking about this, I actually cry fairly easily at movies--which is weird, because in real life, I NEVER cry!
It's kind of a joke in my family--they say I don't have feelings...that I only have one!

I cried during Marley and Me too--not The Notebook though--but Danelle--you've GOT to see it!!!

I don't cry about anything in my life either. I would rather gnaw my arm off than cry in front of someone. But I cry every Thursday night during Grey's Anatomy. :laugh: That is my release, I guess. Sometimes it is easier to cry about someone else's pain.

Llamafighter
10-16-2009, 10:59 PM

When he realizes that the Cuba Gooding charater is his son. rips right through me.

there are some others..

I guess that won't be a surprise when I get around to seeing it...:mellow:

ufcfan2
10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Hmm,
Parts of Armageddon guess the part at the end the scene between Ben/Bruce.
Lord of the Rings:Return of the King the ending when Frodo had to leave Sam and the others...
The Patriot;scene towards the end when Mel's daughter finally started talking..

MattHughesRocks
10-17-2009, 01:58 AM
I LOVE this movie. I own this movie. Everyone needs to see this movie. But I didn't cry.

there are some others..

Chuck
10-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Hmm,
Parts of Armageddon guess the part at the end the scene between Ben/Bruce.
Lord of the Rings:Return of the King the ending when Frodo had to leave Sam and the others...

Daddy!!!! :cry::cry:

Get's me every time......

Shooter
10-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Lets see

Field of Dreams - "have a catch?" (for sure)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind- when Kate Winslet tells Jim Carrey that "This is it. Your last memory of me...what are you going to do?" and he says"....enjoy it" - the whole love lost thing just gets me.

Dances with Wolves- when they kill his horse, his wolf and he has to leave his tribe :cry:

Forrest Gump - when he breaks down after Jenny dies

Marley and me was tough too but no tears.

Saving Private Ryan was also one that had me near tears.

Spiritwalker
10-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by ufcfan2

Daddy!!!! :cry::cry:

Get's me every time......

oh wow.. yeah.. it was worse the 2nd time cause I knew it was coming.

"I'll say anything you want, just stay".....

As a father of a 6 year old girl..that one was painful.

adamt
10-18-2009, 02:34 AM
anyone ever see Fireproof?

Or facing the giants?

Primadawn
10-18-2009, 03:02 AM
anyone ever see Fireproof?

Or facing the giants?

I've seen both. Really horrible acting..but great stories.

adamt
10-18-2009, 04:03 AM
I've seen both. Really horrible acting..but great stories.

yeah the actors are just regular people, but i got caught up in the storyline....

surveyorshawn
10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Me and Becky were talking about this . No i never teared up when old yeller bit the bullet. got close . but didnt .

only one movie that i know of can make me cry ha ha ha . Armagedon . There are a few parts at the end of that movie that i just cant take. Like at the wedding with the crews photos , or when Harry is talking to Grace saying his goodbyes. Lose it everytime.

Yep, Armageddon gets me, but I guess it would for anyone who has a daughter! The scene in the Patriot where Mel Gibson's daughter talks as well. Heck, I can't even listen to "Butterfly Kisses" or "Let Them Be Little"!!

rockdawg21
10-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Armageddon
World Trade Center
Braveheart
Men of Honor

que
10-20-2009, 11:59 PM
good will hunting
saving private ryan
braveheart

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
10-22-2009, 01:55 AM
7 Pounds........with Will Smith...Awesome

The Notebook.......great true love story

Legends of the Fall...when Brad Pitt comes home after not seeing the family in awhile and this dad, Anthony Hopkins...is overjoyed...love that part

MattHughesRocks
10-22-2009, 02:41 AM
7 Pounds. I left kinda mad. I didn't like the ordrer that they did that in.

The Notebook...reminds me of Goat :blink: ( he said he liked it :laugh:)

Legends Of The Fall. I own that. And I always cry when looking at such a hot guy :w00t:

7 Pounds........with Will Smith...Awesome

The Notebook.......great true love story

Legends of the Fall...when Brad Pitt comes home after not seeing the family in awhile and this dad, Anthony Hopkins...is overjoyed...love that part

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
10-23-2009, 03:54 AM
7 Pounds left you mad???? :huh:
I admit, it did have a weird back and forth order to it....but...I loved it!:)

How he ended up falling in love again.....and he loved her so much....

excuse me, I gotta go get a tissue!:cry:

MattHughesRocks
10-23-2009, 04:12 AM

Nice avatar by the way :)

Neezar
10-27-2009, 01:58 PM

I should have listened to you.

Miss Foxy
10-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Steel Magnolias :sad:

Crisco
10-27-2009, 09:26 PM

Did you cry? I hate that movie. It's horrible.

I cry at every movie for some reason. I'm an extremely sensitive person when it comes to movies lol.

MY friends use to call me a sissy until I smacked one up. They didn't make fun again lol.

A curve ball.

Click.

Two times. When he is talking to Henry Winkler when he is paused and when he is dying at the end yelling family.

County Mike
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM

I get that all the time. :)

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
10-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Glory at the very end when Shaw was buried with his men and Denzel rolls down laying on top of him. :cry:

Via Con Dios
10-30-2009, 08:20 AM
what a bunch of girly girls!!!

Legends of the Fall

lyndsey823
10-30-2009, 08:37 AM
you all will laugh at me, but i can't watch remember the titans without crying. i don't know, something about all those guys coming together as a team and then everything else gets me everytime, lol.

that and movies like gran torino, forrest gump, hope floats, make me cry. movies that make me think and stick with me. i've actually never seen the notebook or steel magnolias, so i can't say anything about those.

Neezar
10-30-2009, 10:59 AM
you all will laugh at me, but i can't watch remember the titans without crying. i don't know, something about all those guys coming together as a team and then everything else gets me everytime, lol.

that and movies like gran torino, forrest gump, hope floats, make me cry. movies that make me think and stick with me. i've actually never seen the notebook or steel magnolias, so i can't say anything about those.

:scared0011:

I don't think you can even legally vote as a female until you have seen Steel Magnolias.

TexasRN
10-30-2009, 11:16 AM

Remember the Titans and Rudy!!! I forgot about those two. I love football movies. And yes, I cry at them too.

You have to see Steel Magnolias though. It's like, a rule.

~Amy

rearnakedchoke
10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Passion of the Christ

Miss Foxy
10-30-2009, 08:24 PM
:scared0011:

I don't think you can even legally vote as a female until you have seen Steel Magnolias.

omg YES! Especially when she breaks down at Shelbys funeral!! Uggg.. I cry each and every time PMS or not...:sad:

lyndsey823
10-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Remember the Titans and Rudy!!! I forgot about those two. I love football movies. And yes, I cry at them too.

You have to see Steel Magnolias though. It's like, a rule.

~Amy

then i probably shouldn't tell you that i haven't seen dirty dancing or pretty woman, right?? lol. is that part of the rule too? all my friends freak when i tell them that, they are determined to get me to watch them. oh, and ghost. never seen that one.

TexasRN
10-31-2009, 11:04 PM
then i probably shouldn't tell you that i haven't seen dirty dancing or pretty woman, right?? lol. is that part of the rule too? all my friends freak when i tell them that, they are determined to get me to watch them. oh, and ghost. never seen that one.

Eh, those aren't as good in my opinion although they are classic chick fliks. Steel Magnolias is in a category all on its own. Ghost was funny. I don't rewatch that one though.

~Amy

lyndsey823
10-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Eh, those aren't as good in my opinion although they are classic chick fliks. Steel Magnolias is in a category all on its own. Ghost was funny. I don't rewatch that one though.

~Amy

I just have no desire to watch Ghost, lol. Everyone tells me what a tear jerker it is. No thanks, I don't like Demi Moore. I'll pass, lol. I'll have to check out Steel Magnolias though.

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Watch the movie"INTO THE WILD"made me tear up an changed my out look on life!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

bradwright
11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I just have no desire to watch Ghost, lol. Everyone tells me what a tear jerker it is. No thanks, I don't like Demi Moore. I'll pass, lol. I'll have to check out Steel Magnolias though.

well that makes one of us.:wink:

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM

Have you seen into the wild?????

bradwright
11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Have you seen into the wild?????

no...why do you ask ?:unsure-1:

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 08:47 PM
That movie is one of my favorite movies of all time!!!!!! It was sad an made me see life alot different.When you get a chance check it out an tell me what you think!!!!!!

bradwright
11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
That movie is one of my favorite movies of all time!!!!!! It was sad an made me see life alot different.When you get a chance check it out an tell me what you think!!!!!!

is it at the video stores ?

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 09:28 PM
is it at the video stores ?It sure is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LAuzT_x8Ek

bradwright
11-01-2009, 09:35 PM
It sure is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LAuzT_x8Ek

looks like it might be good...i'm surprised i have never seen it.

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 09:41 PM
looks like it might be good...i'm surprised i have never seen it.

Sean penn made the movie an like 6 months later I went to alaska because of the movie.Let me know what you think of it when you watch it.

bradwright
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Sean penn made the movie an like 6 months later I went to alaska because of the movie.Let me know what you think of it when you watch it.

i will let you know....but i can tell you right now i wont be going there after i get done watching the movie....at least i dont think i will.:unsure-1:

chunk liddell
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
i will let you know....but i can tell you right now i wont be going there after i get done watching the movie....at least i dont think i will.:unsure-1:

LOL,will see after you see the movie.........

lyndsey823
11-02-2009, 05:01 AM

lol, sorry!!! i've just never been a big fan of hers. yeah, she's hot, i'll give her that. i just don't like her movies or her acting.

Krupp
11-02-2009, 10:50 PM
The first time I watched the Fountain I came dangerously close to shedding tears...Hugh Jackman's acting is incredible and truly will make you feel for his character every single moment of the film..

bradwright
11-02-2009, 10:56 PM
lol, sorry!!! i've just never been a big fan of hers. yeah, she's hot, i'll give her that. i just don't like her movies or her acting.

so just how "HOT" do you think she is ?:happydancing:

lyndsey823
11-03-2009, 06:03 AM
so just how "HOT" do you think she is ?:happydancing:

lol, i wont go into details!!! but i will say that i can only hope that i look half as good as she does when i am her age. yeah, she's had work done, but it was obviously well worth it.

bradwright
11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
lol, i wont go into details!!! but i will say that i can only hope that i look half as good as she does when i am her age. yeah, she's had work done, but it was obviously well worth it.

no details ?:sad:

CAMPO
11-23-2009, 05:51 PM
The Notebook is my #1 favorite movie & without fail, brings tears to my eyes...

Marley & Me - only saw it once or twice, but pass the tissues plz!

& of course Titanic...that was such a great movie.

I think I could keep going...but I'll hold out