PDA

View Full Version : What do y'all think of this verse

donaldbreland
10-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Isaiah 30:25
And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers [and] streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

Could that be talking about the twin towers that fell.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna have to study and think on that before I can say!

donaldbreland
10-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks. I would like a few people to study that and tell me what they think. The Bible is very accurate in the ways of the world.

Chuck
10-12-2009, 02:28 PM
The short answer.. no. :wink:

To find America in ANY Biblical prophecy is a stretch at best.

Llamafighter
10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
The short answer.. no. :wink:

To find America in ANY Biblical prophecy is a stretch at best.

I think we should ask Chris.:mellow:

Chuck
10-12-2009, 03:02 PM

:huh:

NateR
10-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I would agree with Chuck, it's not a good idea to take prophecies written for ancient Israel and reassign them to modern day America. Besides if you read that passage in context, it's talking about GOD's grace and His restoration of Israel in spite of their rebellion. That hardly fits with the events of 9/11.

Llamafighter
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
:laugh::huh:

Rev
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM

that was awesome!!!!!!!:laugh:

Conrad
10-12-2009, 07:03 PM
And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers [and] streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

Without looking at the context first.... (just of the top of my head...)

rivers and streams of water were a blessing, used sometimes as a metaphor for God's blessing. If Israel was about to face punishment ("tower" is hard to say w/o context, but vinyards and city walls had types of towers), were God used another nation to carry it out, then He's saying that in the end, he'll still sustain them (rivers), even throughout a captivity. It's like hugging your kid right after you spank him. Or, He's saying that they may be taking a hit, but that He'll sustain them through the battle to victory (the high grounds, where non-Jews would set up worship spots).

So, a lot in that vers is context dependent, which I'll look at later. --just wanted to check in for now so I don't fall asleep. Any of the above could go out the window when the context comes in. The above is just to get you, Donald, thinking is a different set of directions.

lm

donaldbreland
10-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm a born again Christian. I was baptized on august 13th 2009. I just read that and wanted your opinions. I wasn't trying to say that they were talking about now but to me it sure sounds about what we are going through.

Conrad
10-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm a born again Christian. I was baptized on august 13th 2009. I just read that and wanted your opinions. I wasn't trying to say that they were talking about now but to me it sure sounds about what we are going through.

Congratulations on the baptism. I can't tell from this post if you're just introducing yourself or reacting to something, or to whom. Otherwise, sorry about the "different set of directions." I did think you meant prophesying 2001 in your original post, just like Chuck understood it.

If God is sustaining them through a troubled time, then yeah, that sounds like that principle may be applicable to us in our times--that God sustains the faithful regardless of the disintegrating circumstances around them (politico-economic, etc).

I may look it up after work or on lunch. Thanks for the food for thought. I'm awake now....back to spanning tree protocol. :yuck:

lm

donaldbreland
10-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I really meant nothing by it. I am new to reading the Bible and ran across something I wanted people to read as well. I will keep reading and praying until God sees fit for me to understand it. It was interesting though.

Llamafighter
10-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I really meant nothing by it. I am new to reading the Bible and ran across something I wanted people to read as well. I will keep reading and praying until God sees fit for me to understand it. It was interesting though.

Keep sharing the things you find, brother!

donaldbreland
10-12-2009, 08:22 PM
I have another question. I have heard for many years that there is events in the Bible that are happening today. Like when people say that there will be 7 years of war and 7 years of peace. Could this be something along the lines of that? I'm not saying it is but to me it's very weird. I believe thought and I know God will see fit for me to understand when the time is right.

Conrad
10-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I have another question. I have heard for many years that there is events in the Bible that are happening today. Like when people say that there will be 7 years of war and 7 years of peace. Could this be something along the lines of that? I'm not saying it is but to me it's very weird. I believe thought and I know God will see fit for me to understand when the time is right.

Try Mark 13.
The message at the end is not what we typically hear. I usually hear people justifying that they want to ignore the topic with "we'll know neither the hour nor the day..." In fact, for that same reason, we are instead told to...heehee...go read it and see what.

After you read it, then take your time and pray for understanding regarding the end times.

Tyburn
10-20-2009, 10:37 PM

:blink:

No

Tyburn
10-20-2009, 10:40 PM

um are you talking along the lines of Revelation/tribulation? or are you talking about the old testament ideal of sabath years? :huh: