PDA

View Full Version : Reports on my American Tour

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 11:12 AM
:laugh:

This is the thread where I'm going to post my reports, I know your all climbing over one another to catch a glimpse :rolleyes:

I'm going to do things Chronologically, so I'm going to start with my outbound trip and my time at Virginia...but before I get on to that...I want to say thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGhzjV3H11g

:dopey:

Chuck
10-11-2009, 12:24 PM

This is the thread where I'm going to post my reports, I know your all climbing over one another to catch a glimpse :rolleyes:

I'm going to do things Chronologically, so I'm going to start with my outbound trip and my time at Virginia...but before I get on to that...I want to say thank you.

Great video Dave. I commented on it on YouTube!! :happydancing:

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Great video Dave. I commented on it on YouTube!! :happydancing:

:w00t: thanks, it took me THREE HOURS to make that :ashamed:

I actually put some work into it :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
10-11-2009, 02:53 PM
:happy0159: Good job!

Llamafighter
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM
:w00t:when are you coming to America?!

:tongue0011:

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
:happy0159: Good job!

:laugh: I thought You'd like that! I had that music planned BEFORE I left Virginia with you and Denise I mind Primarily :laugh: Just my little way of saying thanks for stealing all your free moments :unsure-1: I'm sorry you didnt have chance to make a goodbye call...I hear that my phone was chockerblock in Washington, but I could only take one call at a time...the guy at the Harrington Hotel Desk, told Denise not to keep ringing back every 5 moments or something :laugh::laugh:

Llamafighter
10-11-2009, 03:57 PM
:w00t: thanks, it took me THREE HOURS to make that :ashamed:

I actually put some work into it :laugh:

Very well done, Dave!
Sorry to miss you on the tour. Glad you had a great time.

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
:w00t:when are you coming to America?!

:tongue0011:

:blink: I asked that to myself, the moment I got off the plane in England...Heck...in Granite City I began Planning for my third trip :laugh: Bonnie wants me to take in Texas...I keep missing Chuck and He's down South, then there is Michelle on the westcoast...and maybe Jens will be further up the westcoast by then...you'll understand what I mean when I publish my dialogue video.

Amtrak do a southern rail in the same way they do a northern one like I used...what they dont cover well is the central States...fat chance of EVER getting to Wyoming :angry:

But If I could plan it right to coinside with a UFC in Nevada....and I'm sure Utah is down there also...it might be possible to fly into Washington DC, then go Florida, Alabama, Texas, Arizona, Nevada/Utah, California, Idaho, Washington State....or at least that would be the Zone for my next trip...you know...I'd just fly straight to Miami...why bother with Washington DC again??

but then...I feel like I owe another trip to HIT Squad since I came at the wrong time for them really, over a weekend, and...I'd like to go back to MFS...and I love Chicago...and I really oughta at some point, do New York...and Bens says how come I did Virginia but didnt cover any of the places that actually were involved in the British/American wars....and Boomer says he wants to take me to the Pentagon which I missed in DC.

:frantics:

I wish I could answer your question with more...clarity :happydancing:

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Very well done, Dave!
Sorry to miss you on the tour. Glad you had a great time.

:laugh: Thats allright...if you remember, it was me who cancelled on you that time :mellow: I do plan on doing the New York section at some point...but who knows...I hadnt realized how close it was on the train, I headed your way for a while then snapped off into pensylvainia and headed the opposite direction...but of course I never got off the train, so a meet would have been impossible...:laugh:

Llamafighter
10-11-2009, 04:02 PM
:blink: I asked that to myself, the moment I got off the plane in England...Heck...in Granite City I began Planning for my third trip :laugh: Bonnie wants me to take in Texas...I keep missing Chuck and He's down South, then there is Michelle on the westcoast...and maybe Jens will be further up the westcoast by then...you'll understand what I mean when I publish my dialogue video.

Amtrak do a southern rail in the same way they do a northern one like I used...what they dont cover well is the central States...fat chance of EVER getting to Wyoming :angry:

But If I could plan it right to coinside with a UFC in Nevada....and I'm sure Utah is down there also...it might be possible to fly into Washington DC, then go Florida, Alabama, Texas, Arizona, Nevada/Utah, California, Idaho, Washington State....or at least that would be the Zone for my next trip...you know...I'd just fly straight to Miami...why bother with Washington DC again??

but then...I feel like I owe another trip to HIT Squad since I came at the wrong time for them really, over a weekend, and...I'd like to go back to MFS...and I love Chicago...and I really oughta at some point, do New York...and Bens says how come I did Virginia but didnt cover any of the places that actually were involved in the British/American wars....and Boomer says he wants to take me to the Pentagon which I missed in DC.

:frantics:

I wish I could answer your question with more...clarity :happydancing:

yeah, well...:rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll catch ya in one of those places. I looked up a bus trip to DC to but the scheduling was not ideal. Thought about showing up unexpected and taking in the sights with ya..oh well

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 04:15 PM
yeah, well...:rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll catch ya in one of those places. I looked up a bus trip to DC to but the scheduling was not ideal. Thought about showing up unexpected and taking in the sights with ya..oh well

:laugh: Hey...stranger things had happened...we have a lurker on the website whose part of The United States Customs...I know :ninja: When I was asked why I was entering the country I made reference to "the forum" the guy wanted to know WHICH forum so I told him...and the look of recognition was...shocking...:cool:

People at work have stumbled onto my videos, and I'm collecting a group of English people who are now interested in MMA/UFC :happydancing: so whenever I walk through Provisions I'm always stopped and taken into some discussion about some fight or TUF or something....80 weeks ago, there was none of that whatsoever

My Video Camera has served me well :laugh:

bradwright
10-11-2009, 05:29 PM
good video Dave i enjoyed it.:)

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M1J-We1g5s

You guys might think this video is a waste of time...but keep watching the whole thing, I explain towards the end why I created it :)

Jonlion
10-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Glad to hear that you had a great tour of America!

I can whole heartedly recommened hitting up Texas and Colorado.

Enjoyed your video of the birds, you know the bit where the Bird came up on the table and ate the chip, was that anywhere near the Lincoln memorial?

I'll try and catch up with the other videos at a later date.

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Enjoyed your video of the birds, you know the bit where the Bird came up on the table and ate the chip, was that anywhere near the Lincoln memorial?

It was on the Mall, outside the Natural History Museum...so...not to far away. There is a cafe right by the Lincoln Memorial on the North side of the round-a-bout that goes across to Arlington. I imagine its another haunt for the same birds...why do you ask :huh:

Everytime someone mentions the word Colorado, I think of Jacob Hey...its almost to the word association level now :laugh:

Tyburn
10-12-2009, 01:20 AM
:laugh: you asked for it remember :laugh: you'll get a different part each day :frantics:

Mad Dogs Part One

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.
The Japanese don't care to, the Chinese wouldn't dare to,
Hindus and Argentines sleep firmly from twelve to one,
But Englishmen detest a siesta,
In the Philippines there are lovely screens,
to protect you from the glare,
In the Malay states there are hats like plates,
which the Britishers won't wear,
At twelve noon the natives swoon, and
no further work is done -
But Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

I was seated on a post box, praying that the landing of my butt was not a federal offense, but I was partched. Well you would be after a five mile trek in a foreign land with temperitures soaring and no sign of your hotel. I flapped my map, alot like I had done just outside the Main Street Station of Richmond Virginia about three or four hours before hand. At that point I flapped the map to assure the hovering cabbie that I was absolutely certain I could find my way and didnt need to be paying his excessive fees. Afterall I had a nice map. Granted, it looked like that of a theme park, but then it was a free map I picked up inside the main hub of the station for free. I liked that last word, maps in England cost many pounds. Here even though the map assured me it was "not to scale" I must have looked a sight for sore eyes because with me were several bags and a suitcase that I had until this point been lugging happily up and down each large curb between main street station and the west city limits. But taking your life into your own hands everytime you looked the wrong way before crossing a street where the cars drove the wrong way up and down, and every curb seemed like everest compared to european standards was begining to give my hands sores, and I knew I had blisters already. This was my first full day in the United States, and things had already gone horribly wrong twice.

The first time I had been in a situation was when I stood dumbfounded at the elderly black guy in the Washington Airport Metro station. I had been led to believe they all spoke English in America, particularly in the olde English collonies, but this guy was like something out of the movies. I couldnt for the life of me work out how to get myself a ticket, with their overly complex machines that ate notes and flashed buttons like an arcade game, and the guy just kept pointing and gesturing to the bank of empty machines everytime I began "excuse me..." He of course was safely across the other side of the barrier and didnt have a hefty suitcase. Perhaps I am being a tad unfair however as I wasnt as fresh in mind as I could have been.

My Tour began outside my house on Granville road in the pitch of freezing night wandering if the Taxi I had booked the day before would actually turn up, and if not, how I would make my train in a city half an hour away by road at 1.30 in the morning. I had spent the last year sorting out travel and accomodation that like a ladder stretched nearly three weeks into yonder, but like a ladder each rung had to be in order or else i'd end up in a pickle. It would be an absolute miracle if this worked. It needed flights to be on time, it needed Amtrak to run like clockwork, and it all began in the hands of an elderly taxi driver whose smokers cough wracked his pre bantamweighted frame. Twas a worry indeed. I began to have the cold sweats because I was now outside of my sleeping rythmn and slightly anxious, that much had been evident through the truely fittful 6 hours of attempted sleep I'd just suffered through unsuccessfully.

Then as we jolted round leeds/bradford roundabout the nausea kicked in. I hate cars. I'm fine on a bus, boat, or plane...but cars make me feel vulnerable and they mess with my peripheral vision which makes me feel sick. So I closed my eyes cutting off the stimulas as we hurtled like a bullet through the blackness of night. I could have sworne that I heard on the radio that Patrick Swaize had died. Or perhaps I really was feeling very ill at that time.

Once in leeds and once it was evident the station was open even at such a dark hour, the clouds parted on my psyche and suddenly I felt excited. only 23 hours lay between me and Washington DC. How I discovered the Train was actually a rail replacement bus service remains a mystery in all three of my records. I believe that I went to the Station side. In England, unlike in the US, we go right onto the track and wait for the trains. I remember waiting there for a while and seeing a sign that pointed me instead to the outside coach stop. When the bus was on time, and so sparse that I could have a whole seat to myself. I looked at my itinery and suddenly understood why it took the train so long to cross the pennines towards Liverpool. The train had always been planned as a bus I reckon and they had taken into consideration the extra time it would take for the coach to follow the route by road.

The exact story behind this section of the journey lies in the reason behind the frequency of such recent journies across the pennines. I had been travelling to Liverpool every two months for over a year to visit my friend Emile Coleman and to cover his MMA Promotion called Cage Gladiators. He would have been having a promotion at the Liverpool Olympia in exactly 19 days time. Precisely as my Tour was due to end. No, it wasnt my fortune cookie that enlightened me, it it the manner of any good J to plan and to kill as many birds with one stone as possible. So then Liverpool John Lennon Airport seemed the appropriate arrival point, which for the due of low finances meant it must also act as Departure point. Only one problem. Emile Colemans Cage Gladiator Company had collapsed two months prior. Now I was left trying to get to the airport at the bloody end of the world.

The coach encountered no roadworks, for which I give eternal thanks, and we arrived on schedual at Manchester Piccadilly Station, in order that I join the train to Liverpool Lime Street of which I am well familiar. The Train was beautiful. I guess it was a decomissioned First Class Carriage acting late night overtime or something. But I had a table and everything. Pity the journey takes all of a blink of the eye though. Even at about 4am I could make out the signs for Edge Hill and knew we were a stones throw from Liverpool....and then later I passed Edge Hill again on the journey to Liverpool South Parkway Station, sadly, this was on a bone jarring, and ricketty train. From the sublime to the riddiculous is the way of National Rail I'm sorry to report. I was squashed in the corner to stop my suitcase from barfing my undies all over a well dressed suit who was evidently an early morning commuter. The Train had little else to offer so I wasnt missing much, and managed to subdue the case recoil

I was expecting Liverpool South Parkway to be a dingy and unlit station. But it was a glass fronted as a polytechnic University. I got to its shuttle bay in time to see the smiling face of a woman who was just opening a small in station coffee shop. Thank GOD for her. She was so pleasent and provided me with a nice cup of tea and a croissant. As the sun rose upon Liverpool I caught the full rays of the early dawn, and it was beautiful. This day would be elongated as when I started to fly, I would effectively fly backwards in time because of the Difference between Greenwhich Mean Time and Eastern Time, Five hours longer was my day! But first I had to get up to ten thousand feet, and for that I begrudgingly took the 501 airlink Bus. Why John Lennon Airport isnt attached by train to the rest of the World, and why it feels like its further then warrington central I dont know, and to be honnest, Iwouldnt have cared if it hadnt been such an inconvineience. The Shuttle Busses gave no exact time of departure and arrival, only that they left every so many moments...and yeah...ive been there before where those moments have execptions like "Dont start until 9 am" or "dont run on the day you need them" I was anxious to be there for check-in within advance of three hours. Its the margine I leave myself for the custom official who decides he thinks he can have me. I am undefeated when it comes to custom officials, but there is always a first time. All it takes it the forgettfullness of a passport still lying by the computer at home, or the absence of the credit card you used to pay for your boarding pass, or the execption that your suitcase weighs to much...or perhaps your a bloody terrorists because all you want to do is take you cola on board with you. As it was. The Desk wasnt open. So when I got there I had nothing to do for an hour and that floored me.

After a quick complaint to Mother, who told me to get a hot chocolate, which I subsequently did which tasted so weak it could have been muddy dishwater, I decided to wait, patiently, infront of the empty check-in desk. I would be first in line in any case. So like custers last stand, I drew my suitcase to my side, strolled into the middle of a very busy concourse and stopped. Laid down my bags, and remembering what my friend Boomer said about the US Marines. I decided to sit down. It worked. The BA checkin desk took pity on me, and decided that they had nothing better to do. One flight woman came across and asked if I'd like to be checked in early. My only worry was that because she was on a different desk she might absent mindedly put my stuff onto the wrong plane, like a BA flight rather then a Delta KLM flight. I did double check with her. Bless her heart. I should write to John Lennon Airport and Commend her, she did me a great service.

British Customs lay ahead of me, and they didnt even check my camera case for liquids. pity I had my lens cleaner with me. What if that had been a-oh nevermind. John Lennon Airport is tiny, and has very little in the way of shops or post customs anything really. So I plonked myself at a bar, and ordered a cola whilst watching the barmaids be hastled by early morning alcholics. I already knew where my gate was, so I just vegetated for about two hours. There are three sizes of planes, Huge, Big, and far to small. I'm pleased to say this plane was a reasonable size for a city hopper. My first port of call was actually about an hour south east, so completely in the wrong direction for the US, but, I had time to kill, if you pardon the pun. The unnerving thing was after we had passed the gate we walked down the tunnel and stept out onto the runway. Hello, where the hell was the plane. Then I realized, I had to act like President Obama catching Airforce One..directly from the runway and up the steps. Woohoo and at that point in time I truely felt presidential. A feeling that left me when I stept off onto the runway in Schiphol Airport Amsterdam. I hate the airport with avengance. Its stupid directions take you the long way round the airport, and if you are changing flights you have to go to a T insert number gate, not just a gate. So A24 is not the same as T-A24. For some reason that level of inappropriate attention to detail really pissed me off when I made that initial mistake. The United States obviously felt it was something important, because they had established an in-gate extra security initiative, which meant I had to take my shoes off, and take off my waste pouch which always made me feel like a dofus for having to life my shirt in order for it to be taken off.
The flight left early, because the times had changed the morning of my departure. that was unnerving. Whatelse might have changed?

I had told the lady specifically I wanted window seats. So I sat in my transatlantic window seat, to discover I was actually on an aisle instead. To make things worse I was sat next to an enourmous man. He was not fat, he was just large. I say that not out of spite, but because he was a champion weightlifter, who had just won 6 trophies in the world weightlifting championships or something that had apparently been hosted in manchester or something. That was news to me. he was off to Katamandoo or something which I could have sworne was in Africa, but he assured me it was a stones throw of a flight from Michigan Anyway, so it was then that I realized rather then being a five hour flight it was going to be an 8 hour because we were flying against the worlds axis or something, so we couldnt go straight across, we had to go back across England up as far as greenland, and then down over Canada. I would have been quicker swimming the Atlantic. But for all my pessimism I was secretly enjoying the travel. I dont fly often and take off and landings are always exciting, so is turbulance...plane sailing (if you pardon the pun) is something of which the novelty of flying fast wears off. Naturally I bussied myself with the free inflight entertainment...but there is only so many times one can watch Terminator Salvation...even if its a good movie. So I switched to kill-shot and wished I had not, it was a dismall and boring movie in which the only interesting character gets a bullet through the nut so suddenly and unexpectedly I thought I'd been shot myself. I never did get the name of the Champion weight lifter, I suppose I should follow that up eventually. I can trace it of course since the event is English.

Finally we arrived in Detroit Michigan. Somewhere I had never been before. It looked nice from inside. The airport fancied itself as large since it had an inside metro system which although I didnt use, I admired from a distance. Quirky, Unique, American. Outstanding!

There was no time to waste however, as we were late in arriving. We also had to fetch and recheck in our luggage which made me cross. Also because this was the first entrance into the United States it meant time to cross paths with the Feds for the first time. The ques kept mounting up, and I was wishing I'd tried harder to sleep in those 6 hours that seemed so long ago, and wishing I had more to eat...and hoping I didnt miss my Washington connection. There were, I kid ye not THREE barriers to pass, first came the strip off and be patted down by a firearmed wearing hulk who looked larger then Tim Sylvia..not that I've ever met him, though I do hear he's depressed and has to return to Iowa, but thats beside the point, the guy was larger then I felt comfortable with. Then came the little box where you fill in the meaningless visa, and where you get probed as to why you wish to come into America...thats a real dumbass question...everyone knows that America is the best country on Earth, so of course all the mexican migrants want a piece of the rio to get in. No, I wasnt planning on any terrorism, and yes, they asked, as if a true Terrorist would admit it anyway. Then there was a third Barrier which wasnt there on my first journey. At this point I really was fed up, and so I was blunt with the guy. He asked me why I was coming to the United States and I said to meet Forum Patrons, so he naturally asked what Forum...so I told him of Matt-Hughes...and his dull eyes suddenly shone bright. Freaky-deaky, well they do say Lurkers come from many walks of life. Needless to say I was allowed to pass.

Boarding my flight I had another window seat, but my worry was that my luggage wouldnt make it to the plane in time. I twisted my neck to see the guys packing the cargo, and I kid ye not. I saw my luggage arrive and go aboard. Relief was swept away quickly by tieredness as the sun finally began to set and we flew over Washington DC at night and saw the Congress Building lit up.

So thats how I came to be standing by the banks of machines trying to get into the Metro System of DC. Already I had been set back by having to have caught a bus from the arrivals terminal to the underground...I assumed from the map the two were connected. I watched another group of people intently using the machine, and then finally plucked up the courage under the watchfull eyes of the black man to buy a ticket and arrive on the station. Now the original plan was to go to union station, but there was no direct route, so I went via Arlington and changed at Metro Central...but never boarded the train to Union, as I had not eaten and I saw signs for 11th Street on which I knew was my hotel.

Then I began to panic, The roads were so big, it was dark and I couldnt find the Hotel, and I was unsure about how to use the crossings and I was frightened of accidently jay-walking since its permitted in England. I went up and down, getting more and more frustrated. Finally I saw some late night workers on the road so I asked them. In America its acceptable to disturb others and ask questions. In London for example I'd have been screwed. Anyway, they didnt know, so I kept walking, and by now I could feel my eyes burning and my lip began to quiver and I knew I would be in tears if I didnt find what I was looking for soon. 24 hours of travel after a period of at least 12 hours without sleep, would bring you to tears to, dont pretend it wouldnt, I know I'm not a wuss. Anyway, finally I found a police man, and he could tell I was agitated and asked me what I was doing. I cant remember what I said to him, but I got the point across and he gave me simple instructions, and I was at the Harrington Hotel in no time, and after a bite to eat in their eatery, and missing phone calls from all three patrons chuck, michelle and denise, Everything went black.

An appropriate place to stop?

Nope, remember the Mail box in Richmond Virginia? Well the next day I hurried to Union Station and discovered the delights of Amtrak. Its so civilized its unreal. Comfy seats, Boarding slowly and methodically, different coaches for different destinations, seniors and women with children first. This Is America.

When I boarded I sat opposite a black guy called Quarry. He was really friendly, and once he woke up, he had obviously boarded at an earlier stop, he discovered he hadnt got his ticket, so I helpped him look for it. It had fallen from his pocket and was under the chair by the side of the aisle. The trip was short, but long enough for me to discover with horror that my mobile phone wouldnt work. I tried calling my friend Ben, but to no avail. Oh dear and he knew I would be in his area and would be expecting my call. So I spoke sternly with Mother, since texts to and from me and her were the only thing working, to get onto the case. Finally we discovered that if I typed plus 1 rather then 001 I could call a landline only. Well at least I could contact the gyms I suppose, but I required more.

What more is there to tell? I arrived at Main Street and began my walk. I walked all the way to the VCU Campus. Virginia if you didnt know sees itself as a commonwealth, which I thought was rather, socialistic for a state, but never mind, I say that because I finally discovered what VCU stands for...no its not just a shorthand way of saying Ben...it means the Virginia Commonwealth University. I stopped for a brief respite in a place called Munroe Park, and that was the last I ever saw of my sunglasses, goodness knows what happened to them, maybe they were stolen, maybe they just fell off without me noticing (I clipped them to my bag) but by the time I got onto Monument Avenue I was sad for the lack of them, as mid-day approached and the heat rose, and suddenly, there appeared no end to the street. Finally I saw on the map that over the rail bridge the next turning was the correct one for my hotel. So with joy in my steps I quickened my pace, but the next turning wasnt the right one...infact turning after turning came and went and none were on the map at all. In the space of a fingernail I was to discover a five mile onus on the map! At one point I sat on a tree stump but the ants looked...bigger and more menacing so I pushed on. Finally, I saw the City limit marker and I scratched my head and sat on the post box.

I could have waited there all day but as I shook my head at the map, the mailman arrived and enquired after my health. I told him I was lost and he sounded suprised since he covered the area regularly and had never heard of my hotel. So He phoned, as I couldnt get my phone to work and told me I had another 5 miles. Sod that. He directled me to a nearby willow mall, where I called a Taxi at the local kroger store.

Half a day later then planned I checked into The Ramada Inn Motel in Richmonds West-end...and began the task of blister popping.

Neezar
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM

:applause::applause::applause:

Loved it!

(The music was classic. "Hello, Ladies" :laugh:)

Tyburn
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
:applause::applause::applause:

Loved it!

(The music was classic. "Hello, Ladies" :laugh:)

:laugh::laugh: I thought you'd love that....I have been planning it for a LONG time, and I'm pleased with the results :laugh:

...and I really am thankful for your calls :ashamed:

Llamafighter
10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
:laugh: you asked for it remember :laugh: you'll get a different part each day :frantics:

Mad Dogs Part One

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.
The Japanese don't care to, the Chinese wouldn't dare to,
Hindus and Argentines sleep firmly from twelve to one,
But Englishmen detest a siesta,
In the Philippines there are lovely screens,
to protect you from the glare,
In the Malay states there are hats like plates,
which the Britishers won't wear,
At twelve noon the natives swoon, and
no further work is done -
But Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

LOVE NOEL COWARD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdEnxNog56E

Tyburn
10-12-2009, 04:13 PM
LOVE NOEL COWARD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdEnxNog56E

:laugh: seemed oddly appropriate :)

Jonlion
10-12-2009, 08:17 PM
It was on the Mall, outside the Natural History Museum...so...not to far away. There is a cafe right by the Lincoln Memorial on the North side of the round-a-bout that goes across to Arlington. I imagine its another haunt for the same birds...why do you ask :huh:

Everytime someone mentions the word Colorado, I think of Jacob Hey...its almost to the word association level now :laugh:

Because them chairs looked exactly like the ones of the cafe i sat in as I rested by the Lincoln memorial.

And there was birds! So just wondered!!!!!!!!!!!

What amazing words!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg186/jonlion/100_3131.jpg

Tyburn
10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Because them chairs looked exactly like the ones of the cafe i sat in as I rested by the Lincoln memorial.

And there was birds! So just wondered!!!!!!!!!!!

What amazing words!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg186/jonlion/100_3131.jpg

yes I took pictures of certain portions of that text to.

I dont like that they call it a "temple" and speak of Lincoln being "enshrined" those were the words on the back wall above his head.

I love the bit about both reading the same bible, praying to the same God and invoking him against one another...and I like the bit also about the fact that if everything is used up completely but the union survives then it is a permissable...ive read it again and perhaps thats not quite true...perhaps he isnt even praying for a northern victory here...he's actually praying for GODs will to be done, but hoping that his discernment is more true then that of the others. How some Americans can claim these people were not men of GOD, and would ascribe to a freedom of religion that sees the mighty rise of Islam...is beyond me. These writing are precious...and I think as close to a scriptural doctrine on politics as one can get...ohh...and its monarchic...for he's an ikon pointing to THE King in this case

Did you go see the World War One memorial...now THAT was fascinating :ninja::laugh:

Tyburn
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I've decided to do a video Diary instead of written reports

Here are the first few, some of them are more like music videos to slide shows, some of them are like of the local areas or my hotels, and some are the recaps...I hope some of you will look at them and enjoy them...I've put next to them the people that should watch them because they are mentioned in them :ninja: if thats you, I'll be awaiting your reply. :happydancing:

Part 0ne Part music video of clips of me enroute to America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmhv9bJVazA

Part Two, recap of how I got to America, worth watching because the bit about the flight over is quite funny :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFpGytebD1k

Part three, Discover the Ramada Inn West

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvBRdvmh4Fc

Part Four, visiting some of the Richmond Malls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FajMEvq5rqw

Part Five covers Combat Sports Centre, and VCURamFan :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_BoVqPU3KI

Part six, Chicago Music Video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CSiztj50IY

Part Seven reviewing the Travel Lodge in Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpubuimfJh0

Part Eight Reviewing Chicago, worth a watch because of...well, the Nudes :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA_Hik4i7bo

The rest are still to come :ninja:

Tyburn
10-19-2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcYlkc6MLvA

I speak abit about dinner with Jens :w00t::ashamed:

Tyburn
10-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Part Nine, a music video about leaving Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROdeil_euSE

Part Ten Super 8 Motel Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGzC40tr7LY

Part Eleven is the lunch with Jens and Wednessday Group, thats in the above post

Part Twelve MFS Recap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyw4Wlez4Ms

glad to see people are enjoying them :unsure-1:

Tyburn
10-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Part Thirteen (Music Video of the Granite City leg of the Journey)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD-pWLEM-34

Part Fourteen (Review of Econolodge)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLqxIJtDo6k

Part Fifteen (HIT Squad Recap)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRbM4rYdhc0

Tyburn
10-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Part 16 (Washington DC and The Harrington Hotel Review)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZuDxkyEl4

part 17 (Going Home)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bF_mqpv7jc

part 18 (Soundbytes of America)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqFJCclm88M

thats it :unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
10-26-2009, 02:54 AM
No that isn't it :angry:

Part 16 (Washington DC and The Harrington Hotel Review)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZuDxkyEl4

part 17 (Going Home)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bF_mqpv7jc

part 18 (Soundbytes of America)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqFJCclm88M

thats it :unsure-1:

Tyburn
10-26-2009, 02:58 AM
No that isn't it :angry:

:laugh: I meant, the end of the Video Diaries...not the end of the videos

do you know im working on MFS related footage right now :ninja:

MattHughesRocks