PDA

View Full Version : COUNTDOWN TO BOOMER'S RETURN TO CIVILIZATION

Llamafighter
10-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey I thought I'd start a thread since two other threads have gotten derailed with this topic:)
As of today we are at 15 days til Boomer returns to our beloved country!

P.S. really tick Boomer off by telling how cool you think he is:)

Crisco
10-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey I thought I'd start a thread since two other threads have gotten derailed with this topic:)
As of today we are at 15 days til Boomer returns to our beloved country!

P.S. really tick Boomer off by telling how cool you think he is:)

If you

(Awesome + Super + Duper + Uber+ Mega) X 5 = The Boomz

TexasRN
10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
15 days still sounds too long. He only has 2 more Mondays by my count. :w00t:

~Amy

Primadawn
10-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I've started sewing the costumes for our debut as a karaoke duet. :happydancing:

TexasRN
10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I've started sewing the costumes for our debut as a karaoke duet. :happydancing:

I can see it now....Boomer, stilettos, lotsa leg.....:ninja: :w00t:

~Amy

Primadawn
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I can see it now....Boomer, stilettos, lotsa leg.....:ninja: :w00t:

~Amy

I'm thinking fringe...I'm thinking fishnets....:laugh:

TexasRN
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking fringe...I'm thinking fishnets....:laugh:

How about a big 80's style bow on his backside? One that wiggles when he shakes his money maker?

~Amy

Primadawn
10-09-2009, 07:12 PM
How about a big 80's style bow on his backside? One that wiggles when he shakes his money maker?

~Amy

I like it...I like it! And SEQUINS!!!! MILLIONS of SEQUINS!!!

Conrad
10-09-2009, 07:35 PM
When you start thinking about how you're a nervous, weak, scared little, stupid, worthless boy, just think, "...unlike Boomer."

Crisco
10-09-2009, 07:59 PM
The girls made this thread gay.

I'm all about the hetero man love.

Primadawn
10-09-2009, 08:47 PM
The girls made this thread gay.

I'm all about the hetero man love.

Sorry...I have to keep it on the "show tunes" level or Boomer starts to feel dirty...:ashamed:

Crisco
10-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Sorry...I have to keep it on the "show tunes" level or Boomer starts to feel dirty...:ashamed:

I forgive you :)

Boomer
10-09-2009, 10:48 PM
:laugh:

well thanks ... two more Mondays (amy you started a trend out here) and I will be on a jet plane right back to DC. It's seems like I have been gone a lot longer than I have ... which is not really normal for me. I'm pretty institutionalized and it will take me some time to adjust to having weekends and work days that aren't 16 hours long ... but I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things pretty easy. I did blow up at my boss the other day .. which he just said "Matt .. I've kept you over there way to long." :laugh:

As far as any costums or all that jazz goes .... half shirts and cut offs are more my style. :D

Things I'm looking forward to:

Sleep

Talking with people bout stuff other than work

100 people not needing my attention

no "incoming" sirens at 300am

going to a movie

Mexican food

Hitting up some local MMA shows

and of course

FOLLOWING THE COUNTRY SAGE INTO HIS NEXT FIELD OF BATTLE AND BOTTLING THE TEARS OF THE PREY ON WHICH HE FEEDS FOR VICTORY!!!!!! TOOO WARRRRRRR!!!!

Mac
10-09-2009, 10:59 PM

well thanks ... two more Mondays (amy you started a trend out here) and I will be on a jet plane right back to DC. It's seems like I have been gone a lot longer than I have ... which is not really normal for me. I'm pretty institutionalized and it will take me some time to adjust to having weekends and work days that aren't 16 hours long ... but I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things pretty easy. I did blow up at my boss the other day .. which he just said "Matt .. I've kept you over there way to long." :laugh:

As far as any costums or all that jazz goes .... half shirts and cut offs are more my style. :D

Sleep

going to a movie

Mexican food

and of course

FOLLOWING THE COUNTRY SAGE INTO HIS NEXT FIELD OF BATTLE AND BOTTLING THE TEARS OF THE PREY ON WHICH HE FEEDS FOR VICTORY!!!!!! TOOO WARRRRRRR!!!!

well then let me know when you hit illinois . We just poured a bunch of concrete up here for a new mexican restraunt here in town , pretty good grub .

Boomer
10-09-2009, 11:04 PM
well then let me know when you hit illinois . We just poured a bunch of concrete up here for a new mexican restraunt here in town , pretty good grub .

pfftttt you know you'll be one of the first folks I call Mac. :wink:

TexasRN
10-09-2009, 11:05 PM

Sleep

going to a movie

Mexican food

and of course

Um, I hate to break it to ya but you will still have 100 people needing your attention. I'm one of them and I can easily name 50 more from this forum alone. :laugh:

~Amy

Boomer
10-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Um, I hate to break it to ya but you will still have 100 people needing your attention. I'm one of them and I can easily name 50 more from this forum alone. :laugh:

~Amy

:blink: eee gads!! You might be right ... :ninja:

I guess that is ok ... since I won't be making decisions that effect your lives or defusing politically charged situations or writting policy for your day to day activities ... 100 people with a Jack & Coke in hand will do just fine. :wink:

TexasRN
10-09-2009, 11:14 PM
:blink: eee gads!! You might be right ... :ninja:

I guess that is ok ... since I won't be making decisions that effect your lives or defusing politically charged situations or writting policy for your day to day activities ... 100 people with a Jack & Coke in hand will do just fine. :wink:

:laugh: Make mine a vodka cranberry. And nope, no decision making for me. I'm all growed up and my mama lets me make my own decisions now. I stay far away from all charged objects. And my day to day policy is to have fun and enjoy life.

~Amy

Boomer
10-09-2009, 11:21 PM
:laugh: Make mine a vodka cranberry. And nope, no decision making for me. I'm all growed up and my mama lets me make my own decisions now. I stay far away from all charged objects. And my day to day policy is to have fun and enjoy life.

~Amy

Sounds perfect .... :cool:

Oh and Dawn I forgot to thank you for not taking me tot hat daaaaaark place you always sem to bring me round to. :blink: :laugh:

Boomer
10-09-2009, 11:33 PM
When you start thinking about how you're a nervous, weak, scared little, stupid, worthless boy, just think, "...unlike Boomer."

Conrad ... where have you been??? I see you post in the Training section every once in a while .... but are you in the states?? :huh: Or off on another mission trip!! :D

Primadawn
10-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Sounds perfect .... :cool:

Oh and Dawn I forgot to thank you for not taking me tot hat daaaaaark place you always sem to bring me round to. :blink: :laugh:

Good...cause Boomer...I want you...I don't want anybody else..and when I think about you...:wink:

Black Mamba
10-10-2009, 06:39 PM

Sleep

going to a movie

Mexican food

and of course

Boomer you gotta come out here for the REAL Mexican food. Less than a quarter mile from where I live, I get fresh, hot off the grill tortillas, fresh salsa/gaucamole/hot carrots, the real tequila....oh can't forget dessert. :cool: I also know some great places for fish tacos, awesome burritos, and killer nachos.

Next time I eat a taco, I'll think of you. :laugh:

Chuck
10-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Good...cause Chuck...I want you...I don't want anybody else..and when I think about you...:wink:

Oh that's just HOT!!!!!!

Boomer
10-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Good...cause Boomer...I want you...I don't want anybody else..and when I think about you...:wink:

I pee myself??? :blink:

Boomer you gotta come out here for the REAL Mexican food. Less than a quarter mile from where I live, I get fresh, hot off the grill tortillas, fresh salsa/gaucamole/hot carrots, the real tequila....oh can't forget dessert. :cool: I also know some great places for fish tacos, awesome burritos, and killer nachos.

Next time I eat a taco, I'll think of you. :laugh:

:cry: I love yaucamoles

Oh that's just HOT!!!!!!

chuck ,, yea need help brother. :rolleyes:

Black Mamba
10-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I didn't know you are gucamole fan Boomer! :cool: That stuff is good on almost anything. Put alittle lime in it....*drool*

You like yours smooth, chunky or both?

cubsfan47
10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Boomer if you come to Louisiana we'll give you some real food. :laugh:

TexasRN
10-11-2009, 01:27 PM

mmmmmm, Cajun food....They don't have any of that in NC either. :angry:

~Amy

Primadawn
10-11-2009, 01:39 PM
I pee myself??? :blink:

Actually, I was gonna go with "throw up in my mouth a little" but that works too...:laugh:

Boomer
10-11-2009, 04:10 PM

THAT is a deal. In the near term the closest I'll be to Louisiana is Houston. :wink: But when I get back there I'll look you up.

Actually, I was gonna go with "throw up in my mouth a little" but that works too...:laugh:

:laugh: Oh the wit ... how can one resist that? :laugh:

Tyburn
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
so are you back yet Boomer.

I cant imagine how difficult its been for you to be away from America...because I am feeling sad at having been back a week already...no other country, whether first world, like mine, or warzone like the one you've been stuck in...is quite the same :sad:

but at least you know your going back :laugh:

VCURamFan
10-12-2009, 12:08 AM
so are you back yet Boomer.

I cant imagine how difficult its been for you to be away from America...because I am feeling sad at having been back a week already...no other country, whether first world, like mine, or warzone like the one you've been stuck in...is quite the same :sad:

but at least you know your going back :laugh:
So did you just skip Mark's post that started this thread, or are yuo that bad at math?:tongue0011:

Tyburn
10-12-2009, 12:39 AM
So did you just skip Mark's post that started this thread, or are yuo that bad at math?:tongue0011:

I do maths...like I follow Maps Ben....:mellow:

you know how that works out :ninja:

VCURamFan
10-12-2009, 02:13 AM
I do maths...like I follow Maps Ben....:mellow:

you know how that works out :ninja:

Ah, so you only do amusement park math.:laugh:

TexasRN
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Only ONE MORE MONDAY now!!!!!!! :happydancing:

~Amy

Llamafighter
10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Only ONE MORE MONDAY now!!!!!!! :happydancing:

~Amy

you're weird...

But Sooooo right!!!:happydancing:

Tyburn
10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Ah, so you only do amusement park math.:laugh:

That map was accurate to a T....until that darn rail-bridge by the city limits...and then...it was sooo wrong :unsure-1:

TexasRN
10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
you're weird...

But Sooooo right!!!:happydancing:

Hey just wait until the day he's supposed to set foot on American soil. I'll be counting by Scooby Doos then. You know, how many Scooby Doo shows could I fit into the time until he arrives home. Hey, it's how I learned as a kid. Leave me alone. :laugh:

~Amy

Llamafighter
10-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Hey just wait until the day he's supposed to set foot on American soil. I'll be counting by Scooby Doos then. You know, how many Scooby Doo shows could I fit into the time until he arrives home. Hey, it's how I learned as a kid. Leave me alone. :laugh:

~Amy

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm going to use that method....:ninja:

TexasRN
10-12-2009, 03:36 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm going to use that method....:ninja:

It's fun at work when someone asks me when something needs to be done by and I reply, "no later than 2 Scooby Doos." :laugh: I always get this face from them: :blink:. It's awesome.

~Amy

Mac
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
It's fun at work when someone asks me when something needs to be done by and I reply, "no later than 2 Scooby Doos." :laugh: I always get this face from them: :blink:. It's awesome.

~Amy

LMAO!!!

bradwright
10-12-2009, 09:15 PM
well Boomer i wont pretend to know you because i dont,but after reading all of the posts that people have made about you not only in this thread but in several others as well i have come to the conclusion that you are a guy that most people from this forum admire so i too would like to take this opportunity to say although our paths in life outside of cyberspace may never cross i look forward to the day you arrive home as well,:)
and who knows maybe someday we will meet and it would be my pleasure to sit down and have a few Jack and Pepsi's with you. ( i dont do coke...not sure how anyone ever snorts that stuff with out burning their nose.:unsure-1:)

Tyburn
10-12-2009, 09:22 PM
well Boomer i wont pretend to know you because i dont,but after reading all of the posts that people have made about you not only in this thread but in several others as well i have come to the conclusion that you are a guy that most people from this forum admire so i too would like to take this opportunity to say although our paths in life outside of cyberspace may never cross i look forward to the day you arrive home as well,:)
and who knows maybe someday we will meet and it would be my pleasure to sit down and have a few Jack and Pepsi's with you. ( i dont do coke...not sure how anyone ever snorts that stuff with out burning their nose.:unsure-1:)

Everyone should get to meet Boomer once in their life. you know many people are a dissapointment when you finally meet them, but Boomer is one of those people who never dissapoints. :laugh:

Boomer
10-13-2009, 02:49 AM
Thank you both. Dawn was disappointed in me in Vegas ... :laugh: Of course I had just flow across the world to make the fight and was a little out of it that whole trip ... but for the most part everyone I've ever met on here is just good people. Thats makes encounters pretty easy. :wink: Im sure our paths will cross one day Brad.

Primadawn
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Thank you both. Dawn was disappointed in me in Vegas ... :laugh: Of course I had just flow across the world to make the fight and was a little out of it that whole trip ... but for the most part everyone I've ever met on here is just good people. Thats makes encounters pretty easy. :wink: Im sure our paths will cross one day Brad.

Are you saying I'm not good people? I will kick your ass you know...

County Mike
10-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Boomer Rocks! Safe Trip!

Tyburn
10-13-2009, 11:50 AM

theres always one :rolleyes:

Boomer
10-13-2009, 08:34 PM

:laugh: no dawn, i wasn't saying that at all. but ... dont let that stop the ass kicking.

that sounds kinda fun ... :mischievous:

TexasRN
10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
No more Mondays!!! :happydancing: You better start packing, dude.

~Amy

Boomer
10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
No more Mondays!!! :happydancing: You better start packing, dude.

~Amy

I am packed ... only I JUST found out that there may be some complications on me getting out of here on time. :sad: Always someth'n. Hopefully I'll have no more

VCURamFan
10-19-2009, 03:41 PM
I am packed ... only I JUST found out that there may be some complications on me getting out of here on time. :sad: Always someth'n. Hopefully I'll have no more
You know what might complicate you leaving on time? If you left early!!:happydancing:

Llamafighter
10-19-2009, 04:03 PM

:angry:If you need me to call your boss and talk to him just let me know.

Crisco
10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
You know what might complicate you leaving on time? If you left early!!:happydancing:

This

TENNESSEAN
10-19-2009, 05:10 PM
boomer boomer boomer everyone loves boomer.:)
have a safe trip buddy, look forward to talkin to yea, just fit me in between phone calls 120 and 122.:laugh:

Boomer
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM

I would if I could brotha .... thats the issue. movement is hard right now.

Boomer
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM
boomer boomer boomer everyone loves boomer.:)
have a safe trip buddy, look forward to talkin to yea, just fit me in between phone calls 120 and 122.:laugh:

No thats Marsha ... :D

Will do buddy...

TENNESSEAN
10-23-2009, 09:41 PM
two more days!!
is that right?

Llamafighter
10-23-2009, 10:12 PM
JUST HEARD FROM HIM...HE'S HOME!!!!!
Going to see him in NYC tomorrow!

flo
10-23-2009, 10:56 PM
That's great news! So glad he arrived safe and sound.

You boys have fun :-)

TENNESSEAN
10-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Good times good times.
Be safe fellas. Buy boom a j and c for me mark.

Llamafighter
10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Good times good times.
Be safe fellas. Buy boom a j and c for me mark.

I got another day to try that, buddy.
Me and my wife met up with Dave Morris and Boomer at their hotel in the city and then we went to a show last night and dinner at an Italian restaurant with Crisco and his girlfriend. Great times and I look forward to meeting up with Mike and JoJo at the expo today.

Crisco
10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
So what is he like back yet?

VCURamFan
10-28-2009, 05:52 PM
So what is he like back yet?
No, he's still in Afghanistan. Turns out his brain snapped from the pressure & this "Boomer Tale" is actually just a hallucination.:Whistle:

Crisco
10-28-2009, 05:53 PM
No, he's still in Afghanistan. Turns out his brain snapped from the pressure & this "Boomer Tale" is actually just a hallucination.:Whistle:

Shut up Ben. It's not like he bought me a drink or anything last weekend how would I know he's home.

VCURamFan
10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Shut up Ben. It's not like he bought me a drink or anything last weekend how would I know he's home.
Wow, someone gets a little pissy around this time of the month.:tongue0011:

Crisco
10-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow, someone gets a little pissy around this time of the month.:tongue0011:

I was being sarcastic because he DID buy me a drink last weekend and I DO know he's home.

Be jealous. Go ahead I don't blame you.

VCURamFan
10-28-2009, 06:00 PM
I was being sarcastic because he DID buy me a drink last weekend and I DO know he's home.

Be jealous. Go ahead I don't blame you.
Curse you for seeing through my jovial exterior to the hate burning within!:punch:

Crisco
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Curse you for seeing through my jovial exterior to the hate burning within!:punch:

I know brother... We all have a bit of the darkside in us. Becareful not to fall.

This too shall passs my friend. You will see him.

VCURamFan
10-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I know brother... We all have a bit of the darkside in us. Becareful not to fall.

This too shall passs my friend. You will see him.
Yeah, I know, I'm just pissed because I was supposed to be up there this weekend & could have joined in all the frivoloties, but had commitments here I had to fulfill. :muttering: :banghead: