PDA

View Full Version : Violent ministry?

Vizion
10-08-2009, 01:43 AM
What do you guys think of this ? It is flippin crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9Ay4QAtW8&feature=related

Chris F
10-08-2009, 02:13 AM
This guy was exposed for the false teacher he was. Sad thing is he is trying to make a comeback.

MattHughesRocks
10-08-2009, 02:53 AM
What a joke.

adamt
10-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I'd like to "heal" him........

Vizion
10-08-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd like to "heal" him........
But you really mean "heel" him, right :laugh:

Chuck
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
This is old news thankfully!! The guy is a nut and I'm a little embarrassed this happened so close to my house.

Chris F
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
This is old news thankfully!! The guy is a nut and I'm a little embarrassed this happened so close to my house.

Haven't you heard Chuck. He married the women he slept with and is now collecting funds to start it back up. He is a nut and I hope people are no so gullible to fall for it twice.

adamt
10-08-2009, 06:02 PM
But you really mean "heel" him, right :laugh:

Exactly......God is telling me to heel him
... if he truly is of God, he won't resist :frantics::jumping0001:

rockdawg21
10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I thought this was going to be a Scientology video.

Rev
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Do you think we could organize a Preacher fight? I am giving up about 100lbs but i could still take him. Me and God vs. him and whoever he is serving.:wink:

Jonlion
10-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I am speechless. People listen to this moron???????????????????

I pray for him because to be teaching false doctrine like he is means God's wrath will be fierce.

This is so sad and disturbing to see.

Chris F
10-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Do you think we could organize a Preacher fight? I am giving up about 100lbs but i could still take him. Me and God vs. him and whoever he is serving.:wink:

I know you could take him. The people he kickc won't kick back.

Conrad
10-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Woah, WOAH....right in the beginning...Bently professes Out-of-Body stuff (according to WOTMR)?

(regarding Out-of-Body...Check out the Chris White interview with Russ Dizdar. They get into OoB experience and how they are contrary to / fit with scripture--which cases for each. I think it's about 2/3rds or 3/4th the way through or later. http://conspiracyclothes.com/nowheretorun/ra/movie/Russ_movie.wmv The interview is about 2 hours long.)

Anyway.../sigh...The HS would not have people behave contrary to His character (Gal 5). Are the people there aware that they are misled? :sad: ...sorry, that weighs on me. Ok, let's all go get into the Word before we get misled too.

Vizion
10-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Woah, WOAH....right in the beginning...Bently professes Out-of-Body stuff (according to WOTMR)?

(regarding Out-of-Body...Check out the Chris White interview with Russ Dizdar. They get into OoB experience and how they are contrary to / fit with scripture--which cases for each. I think it's about 2/3rds or 3/4th the way through or later. http://conspiracyclothes.com/nowheretorun/ra/movie/Russ_movie.wmv The interview is about 2 hours long.)

Anyway.../sigh...The HS would not have people behave contrary to His character (Gal 5). Are the people there aware that they are misled? :sad: ...sorry, that weighs on me. Ok, let's all go get into the Word before we get misled too. It says that in the end times people will turn away from sound doctrine (i.e. the literal truth from the Bible) and instead they will adhere to the doctrines of demons.

This man sounds like he is demonically possessed in his laughter, in his speech, in his swagger and even in his physical dress. His mockery of God's healing power is quite disturbing but the fact some people follow his teachings is even more troubling.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I kept thinking,Please let this be a bad joke! If not this guy is plumb loony maybe even demon possessed! I have never seen such a thing in my life and I grew up in Church!

Chuck
10-09-2009, 02:29 PM
It says that in the end times people will turn away from sound doctrine (i.e. the literal truth from the Bible) and instead they will adhere to the doctrines of demons.

This man sounds like he is demonically possessed in his laughter, in his speech, in his swagger and even in his physical dress. His mockery of God's healing power is quite disturbing but the fact some people follow his teachings is even more troubling.

Watch it now! I go to church on occasion with a bunch of bikers at a place called the Salvation Saloon. I'm pretty sure they would disagree with that part of your comment.
:wink:

Crisco
10-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Watch it now! I go to church on occasion with a bunch of bikers at a place called the Salvation Saloon. I'm pretty sure they would disagree with that part of your comment.

Instead of wine for the blood do they use Bud :tongue0011:

Chuck
10-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Instead of wine for the blood do they use Bud :tongue0011:

LOL... but people think things like that sometime.

If you ever make it down to NPR I'll take you. You'll have a blast.

http://www.salvationsaloon.com/

Crisco
10-09-2009, 08:16 PM
LOL... but people think things like that sometime.

If you ever make it down to NPR I'll take you. You'll have a blast.

http://www.salvationsaloon.com/

Oh I'm sure I would. Id love to go.

Vizion
10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
O don't get your fanny all up in a bunch Chuck, you know what I'm talkin about :laugh:

Chuck
10-10-2009, 03:24 AM
O don't get your fanny all up in a bunch Chuck, you know what I'm talkin about :laugh:

Oh it's all good my brother... that's why I tossed in the :)

No worries at all my friend... :laugh:

Vizion
10-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh it's all good my brother... that's why I tossed in the :)

No worries at all my friend... :laugh:
I know I just have to ride ya as much as I can :laugh:

Chuck
10-10-2009, 06:13 PM
I know I just have to ride ya as much as I can :laugh:

:scared0011::scared0011::scared0011::scared0011:

:D

warriorlion
10-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Haven't you heard Chuck. He married the women he slept with and is now collecting funds to start it back up. He is a nut and I hope people are no so gullible to fall for it twice.

where are you getting this information from???

for a start there was no proof he slept with anyone, he was asked to step down due to a relationship on an emotional level with a female co worker, nothing I have read said that he was sleeping with her.

and although I didnt see eye to eye with eveything he taught, he was recieving ministry from Bob Jones and Rick Joyner, among other leaders.

This wouldnt be the first time that a christian has fallen short after having a public ministry, and fallen foul to sin and indecrestion.

Who are we to judge what is in his heart towards God???

Not you and not me,

the bible says that man looks to the outward appearence and God looks to the heart. If he is repentant and seeking Jesus, then fair play to him for standing up and being counted. Pray for him, dont sit behind you computer and judge

warriorlion
10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
it also wouldnt be the first time, if he has committed adultary, that God has used just such a man to bring about His (God's) will and named that very man as one after his own heart.

Chris F
10-13-2009, 07:20 PM
where are you getting this information from???

for a start there was no proof he slept with anyone, he was asked to step down due to a relationship on an emotional level with a female co worker, nothing I have read said that he was sleeping with her.

and although I didnt see eye to eye with eveything he taught, he was recieving ministry from Bob Jones and Rick Joyner, among other leaders.

This wouldnt be the first time that a christian has fallen short after having a public ministry, and fallen foul to sin and indecrestion.

Who are we to judge what is in his heart towards God???

Not you and not me,

the bible says that man looks to the outward appearence and God looks to the heart. If he is repentant and seeking Jesus, then fair play to him for standing up and being counted. Pray for him, dont sit behind you computer and judge

His own website announced the wedding and he wrote a letter apologizing and admitting he made a mistake that more more then emotional. That letter was also avaliable on his website.

As for judging no one here is judging his heart we are judging his fruits and anyone who says we must worship angels and and all his other false beliefs is no man of God. You and I went round and round on this when he was big and I do nto plan to do it again. He is a false teacher and like all false teachers will have his place sure enough. BTW Jesus said we are to judge so do not sit on your computer and preach unless you get it right.

Neezar
10-13-2009, 10:11 PM
His own website announced the wedding and he wrote a letter apologizing and admitting he made a mistake that more more then emotional. That letter was also avaliable on his website.

As for judging no one here is judging his heart we are judging his fruits and anyone who says we must worship angels and and all his other false beliefs is no man of God. You and I went round and round on this when he was big and I do nto plan to do it again. He is a false teacher and like all false teachers will have his place sure enough. BTW Jesus said we are to judge.

Fixed.

Chris, I am going to ask Nater if I can start editing all of your posts to deliver virtually the same message but just take out the offensive stuff. What say you to that? Would you be agreeable to it for a day or two and see what happens?

:laugh:

ps I would be willing to do the same for you. If you find something I say offensive, shoot me a pm, and I promise to change it. :biggrin-1:

Chris F
10-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Fixed.

Chris, I am going to ask Nater if I can start editing all of your posts to deliver virtually the same message but just take out the offensive stuff. What say you to that? Would you be agreeable to it for a day or two and see what happens?

:laugh:

ps I would be willing to do the same for you. If you find something I say offensive, shoot me a pm, and I promise to change it. :biggrin-1:

Come on now that was not that harsh. I was just playing on the words he said to me. It was not any more offensive then what he said in my eyes. :laugh:

warriorlion
10-14-2009, 08:15 PM
you found what I said offensive???

what that judging a man based off of his mistakes. Remember Chris that the bible also teaches that the rod by which you judge you to will be judged, so how about before you jump up on yur high horse about getting things right you take some perspectic into account.

My question was aimed at you, where did you get this information.

The rest of what I said was based off of what everyone else was saying. You want to take offense thats really up to you. So if you want me to get it right, maybe you need to do that same thing. Not look at just one thing and follow that but look at the whole message.

Any time you want to do a bible study with me on judging and if it is our place to, I am very happy to!!!!

care to start now

Matthew 7:1-5
John 7:24
Romans 2:1-3
James 4:11-12 - please note the last statement here
"So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another." (Romans 14:1-13)

Ephesians 4:29 - not exactly what I am talking about, but along the same lines

and thats all without samuel 16:7 which I previously stated - so I think from the bible what I sit at my computer and 'preach' seems to be pretty much spot on

BUT

Chris I invite you to bring the other side of this discussion.

Conrad
10-14-2009, 10:35 PM
what that judging a man based off of his mistakes.

That's, "based on his mistakes," not, "based off of..."
I didn't know what to make of the beginning of the line. :laugh:

Ok, seriously then, WL, I don't see what was supposedly offensive in what you wrote. Perhaps I missed an administrative edit or don't get something there. Next, Chris said that he got the info from Todd's website.

I agree with judging the fruit, but I don't agree with other comments that were made, such as that the man's laugh sounded demonic....That's subjective and pulls us away from the fruit we do want to examine form people. If we wanna discuss his fruit, then let's look at his fruit. (No puns, please.) When people come to faith by him, is it a real faith or an emergent-church-style faith? Is it a false faith leading them to fall away from God altogether or to keep themselves on top of God as their handyman, etc? Do we see in him and/or his fans/follower the list in Gal 5, to start with?

Fair?

If this didn't help, then I'm sorry.

warriorlion
10-15-2009, 11:37 AM
I saw that Chris said he got the info off of his website, I have looked at his web site and didnt see the information he referred to I wanted a source. what web site was being looked at, there are a ton of web sites that claim he is a false prophet.

fresh fire ministries is his website they have reformed with Rick Joyner of morningstar ministries on the board of directors.

My responce to chris was more about his statement of my false preaching, which I dont think I am in the wrong about what I said.

I didnt say that his fruit previously was perfect, I stated plainly that I didnt agree with everything that Todd said, and yeah he made mistakes and sinned, I have found out that he has recently married the woman that he was emotionally involved with, but that doesnt change the fact that no matter what he may have done in the past we can not judge the guys heart or how he stands before God, who are we to judge him.

We can judge that the fruit of what he did before was tainted, especially due to his sin, but I was once a sinner, now I am a sinner saved by grace.

All i was saying was that its wrong to judge the man by his mistakes, sorry if my grammer was not perfect, it was a post ( not a grammer test ;] )

as for galatians 5 - were the reactions to the video really showing love, patience, joy etc???

Crisco
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I saw that Chris said he got the info off of his website, I have looked at his web site and didnt see the information he referred to I wanted a source. what web site was being looked at, there are a ton of web sites that claim he is a false prophet.

fresh fire ministries is his website they have reformed with Rick Joyner of morningstar ministries on the board of directors.

My responce to chris was more about his statement of my false preaching, which I dont think I am in the wrong about what I said.

I didnt say that his fruit previously was perfect, I stated plainly that I didnt agree with everything that Todd said, and yeah he made mistakes and sinned, I have found out that he has recently married the woman that he was emotionally involved with, but that doesnt change the fact that no matter what he may have done in the past we can not judge the guys heart or how he stands before God, who are we to judge him.

We can judge that the fruit of what he did before was tainted, especially due to his sin, but I was once a sinner, now I am a sinner saved by grace.

All i was saying was that its wrong to judge the man by his mistakes, sorry if my grammer was not perfect, it was a post ( not a grammer test ;] )

as for galatians 5 - were the reactions to the video really showing love, patience, joy etc???

All that is well and good but if he is infact encouraging people to worship angels he is easily considered a heretic.

Chris F
10-15-2009, 05:16 PM
you found what I said offensive???

what that judging a man based off of his mistakes. Remember Chris that the bible also teaches that the rod by which you judge you to will be judged, so how about before you jump up on yur high horse about getting things right you take some perspectic into account.

My question was aimed at you, where did you get this information.

The rest of what I said was based off of what everyone else was saying. You want to take offense thats really up to you. So if you want me to get it right, maybe you need to do that same thing. Not look at just one thing and follow that but look at the whole message.

Any time you want to do a bible study with me on judging and if it is our place to, I am very happy to!!!!

care to start now

Matthew 7:1-5
John 7:24
Romans 2:1-3
James 4:11-12 - please note the last statement here
"So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another." (Romans 14:1-13)

Ephesians 4:29 - not exactly what I am talking about, but along the same lines

and thats all without samuel 16:7 which I previously stated - so I think from the bible what I sit at my computer and 'preach' seems to be pretty much spot on

BUT

Chris I invite you to bring the other side of this discussion.

I'd be happy to be judged the same way I judge others. I can take everything I dish. I know for a fact that any man who worships angels will not have much of a chance for salvation with that belief. Also you said in another post you could not find it on the website. Well it is old news. Unless they archive it is unlikely any website keep news items months old.

Chris F
10-15-2009, 05:21 PM

Look at the fruit he did.

1. Fabricated healings
2. encouraged angel worship
3. pimped the gospel message w/prosperity
4. bore false witness countless times
5. Claimed the bible is incomplete and we need new revelation.
etc etc etc.

His fruits were rotten way before he ever slept with his intern. I am all for restoration of fallen saints, but he needs to publicly denounce his false doctrines before I would call him brother.

warriorlion
10-19-2009, 10:12 AM
that underlines my point Chris, why does he have to do anything to please you. Its not about you , and people shouldnt judge where a person is now with God based on their past, nor should they have to publicly do anything to appease man, as we are not God.

There are people on this boad that have questioned the validity of what others have said to, does that mean they have to public apologise to be called brother???

doesnt it say somewhere about going to a person privately to sort things out, nothing about public apologies, of course I am happy to be show biblical basis for public apologies

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-19-2009, 12:54 PM
I kinda figured he was fake when he started claiming God had him to beat up other Folks! If someone can show me scripture backing his claims of God having him Kick Folks in the face and other such violent acts to heal them I will at least study it some. But as of right now there ain't no way I'm gonna take it as real! I like to consider myself reasonably open to unorthodox ways of Preaching but that's a bit to much for me! On a side note the type of Preaching I like best would be called by some Hillbilly Southern style preaching! The type where they really get into the Bible and the Sermon! And no I ain't talking about snake handling either! I do not believe that's of God!

NateR
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM
It's not this guy's past that proves he is a false teacher, it's his teaching.

Chris F
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM
that underlines my point Chris, why does he have to do anything to please you. Its not about you , and people shouldnt judge where a person is now with God based on their past, nor should they have to publicly do anything to appease man, as we are not God.

There are people on this boad that have questioned the validity of what others have said to, does that mean they have to public apologise to be called brother???

doesnt it say somewhere about going to a person privately to sort things out, nothing about public apologies, of course I am happy to be show biblical basis for public apologies

It has nothing to do with me he is no Christian with those beliefs.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-20-2009, 12:09 AM
It's not this guy's past that proves he is a false teacher, it's his teaching.

And that's what I've been trying to say! A person can repent and overcome their past. But with the False doctrine he is teaching I cannot accept his ministry!

warriorlion
10-20-2009, 04:55 PM
I didnt once say that you have to accept this guys ministry, or the things he said in the past, like I have stated I did not agree with things he said, but you cant turn round and claim the guy is not saved because of what has happened before.

You dont know what he has dealt with before God, and like I saidm he shouldnt have to go public with that, its between him and God alone.

I agree that his teachings previously were not right, but that doesnt mean that he is not now right before God.

shouldn't we wait till we see his messages that are to come before writing him off.

I'm sure the early church felt much the same apprehension before Saul until he started teaching again after his conversion. I'm not saying todd bentley is like paul, but the idea that he is not saved due to his past teaching is judgemental.

If we are all for the restoration of fallen saints, shouldnt we be praying that since todd entered ministry for his sin, that God has dealt withy him and set todd on the right path. not writing him off due to his past faults. otherwise theres not one person here who can open theier mouths, as we all are guilty due to our past

Crisco
10-20-2009, 05:35 PM
I didnt once say that you have to accept this guys ministry, or the things he said in the past, like I have stated I did not agree with things he said, but you cant turn round and claim the guy is not saved because of what has happened before.

You dont know what he has dealt with before God, and like I saidm he shouldnt have to go public with that, its between him and God alone.

I agree that his teachings previously were not right, but that doesnt mean that he is not now right before God.

shouldn't we wait till we see his messages that are to come before writing him off.

I'm sure the early church felt much the same apprehension before Saul until he started teaching again after his conversion. I'm not saying todd bentley is like paul, but the idea that he is not saved due to his past teaching is judgemental.

If we are all for the restoration of fallen saints, shouldnt we be praying that since todd entered ministry for his sin, that God has dealt withy him and set todd on the right path. not writing him off due to his past faults. otherwise theres not one person here who can open theier mouths, as we all are guilty due to our past

So your saying if he continues to teach his heresy he is not saved.. But what if we had this conversation like 2 years ago?

warriorlion
10-21-2009, 10:32 AM
I didnt say that, I said wait till we see his fruits now, judge the fruit not the man.

We could have the same conversation all the time, it doesnt change that a person can backslide, be wrong and alter his lifestyle before God and be saved.

You past does not reflect on who you are in God.

If he starts preaching heresy again., I will still say not to judge the man, just dont follow his ministry.

Crisco
10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I didnt say that, I said wait till we see his fruits now, judge the fruit not the man.

We could have the same conversation all the time, it doesnt change that a person can backslide, be wrong and alter his lifestyle before God and be saved.

You past does not reflect on who you are in God.

If he starts preaching heresy again., I will still say not to judge the man, just dont follow his ministry.

I'm not really judging him I don't have the authority but I can say whether or not I believe what he is doing is wrong.

Dude is a heretic and he's leading people astray that is a no-no.

warriorlion
10-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm not really judging him I don't have the authority but I can say whether or not I believe what he is doing is wrong.

Dude is a heretic and he's leading people astray that is a no-no.

calling him a heretic is judging dude.

He is a fallen man that previously did wrong and lead people astray, with heretical teaching in the past, but that doesnt mean that he has not turned from those ways.

Rev
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Just a quick question. Why does everyone always say that we arent supposed to judge? Think about it before answering?

Crisco
10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
calling him a heretic is judging dude.

He is a fallen man that previously did wrong and lead people astray, with heretical teaching in the past, but that doesnt mean that he has not turned from those ways.

But what exactly has he done to show that he has gone from his heretical teachings?

Doesn't the bible have a special kick in the ass for heretics who lead others astray?

warriorlion
10-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Rev, the bible is clear that other than fruit, you should not judge. See my previous post with the scripture to back it up

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-23-2009, 05:08 PM

If he has repented and stopped teaching such craziness that's one thing! But what I seen on that video was most definitely NOT of God!

warriorlion
10-23-2009, 05:15 PM
that video was not at all recent

Crisco
10-23-2009, 05:55 PM
that video was not at all recent

What ahs he done to show he has repented at all?

warriorlion
10-26-2009, 11:08 AM
he's been recieving ministry and correction, why does he have to prove to us that he has repented???

Neezar
10-26-2009, 01:27 PM
he's been recieving ministry and correction, why does he have to prove to us that he has repented???

Well if he isn't trying to lead christians then he doesn't.

warriorlion
10-26-2009, 09:43 PM
I dont think he needs to prove anything at all. If he chooses to lead people again, we will see from his preaching if he is right with God. but he doesnt have to prove his penitance, I dont, no one else on here does.

I guess the proof is in the pudding, if todd starts preaching again, then we will see if he has turned from his sin. But only that will prove it.

Vizion
10-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I dont think he needs to prove anything at all. If he chooses to lead people again, we will see from his preaching if he is right with God. but he doesnt have to prove his penitance, I dont, no one else on here does.

I guess the proof is in the pudding, if todd starts preaching again, then we will see if he has turned from his sin. But only that will prove it. So, should we up and wait for him to make a comeback? I think he's done so much damage and misrep'd scripture, Jesus, that he's better off NEVER returning to a pulpit. Not to say he cannot minister, just not from that platform.

warriorlion
10-27-2009, 06:01 PM
if people are that much against the man, wy are they worried about him, he's not currently ministering on THAT platform. I am not hung up on waiting for him. If he starts ministering publically as before again I will check out what he is saying, and weigh it up with the bible, if it checks out, I will see what he has to say if not, so be it. But I dont expect him to publically apologise to me for his past mistakes

Crisco
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
if people are that much against the man, wy are they worried about him, he's not currently ministering on THAT platform. I am not hung up on waiting for him. If he starts ministering publically as before again I will check out what he is saying, and weigh it up with the bible, if it checks out, I will see what he has to say if not, so be it. But I dont expect him to publically apologise to me for his past mistakes

I exepct him to apologize to the people he led astray.

warriorlion
10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
but who are you that he should apologise to??? that goes for those he led astray also. They are told in the bible to weigh up what people say against the bible, even Paul told the people he wrote to to check their understanding of what Paul said to scripture

Crisco
10-28-2009, 06:37 PM
but who are you that he should apologise to??? that goes for those he led astray also. They are told in the bible to weigh up what people say against the bible, even Paul told the people he wrote to to check their understanding of what Paul said to scripture

K. Stand up for him if you want.

What he did was wrong and when you do something wrong you should say your sorry. It's common decency.

If I punch you square in your face and have sex with your wife but then I repent truthfully to God you don't think it right that I should apologize to you in order to make amends?

warriorlion
10-29-2009, 07:39 PM
do you honestly think that if you did that to me an apology would make a difference???

Crisco
10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
do you honestly think that if you did that to me an apology would make a difference???

It would show I was man enough to admit I did wrong to you.

warriorlion
10-31-2009, 08:33 PM
yeah but would you feel the need to go to everyone else and tell them you did wrong to me???

Chris F
11-01-2009, 04:59 PM

The bible says if we do not forgive our heavenly father will not forgive us so an apology better make it right or else you may find yourself on the outside looking in. Also the bible is clear if you have an offense with your brother to lay down your gift at the altar and make it right then come back and offer the gift. So when you sin against your fellow man you need to make it right before you can make it right with God. That is not my interpertation but what Jesus Taught.

warriorlion
11-02-2009, 08:17 PM
think the passage you are referring to is Matthew 5

23"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.

its actually if you know your brother has something against you. It means you shouldnt wait for someone to come to you when you know that you have wronged them, it means go to them yourself and sort it out. so not about you holding offense against your brother.

As for not forgiving, I didnt say that there would not be forgiveness, but the fact remains in that situation that saying sorry doesnt change the act.

Just in the same way that expecting an apology from Todd Bentley publically will not change the past.

but by your view Chris, perhaps you need to go to Todd since your hold an offense against him clearly

Chris F
11-03-2009, 01:30 AM
think the passage you are referring to is Matthew 5

23"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.

its actually if you know your brother has something against you. It means you shouldnt wait for someone to come to you when you know that you have wronged them, it means go to them yourself and sort it out. so not about you holding offense against your brother.

As for not forgiving, I didnt say that there would not be forgiveness, but the fact remains in that situation that saying sorry doesnt change the act.

Just in the same way that expecting an apology from Todd Bentley publically will not change the past.

but by your view Chris, perhaps you need to go to Todd since your hold an offense against him clearly

I am not offended by the heretic. He is the one who proclaimed false doctrine and I know what scriptures says will happen to false prophets. :)

warriorlion
11-03-2009, 12:52 PM
if that was true, why dont you just leave it alone, why do you have to keep posting that seem to be vailed attempts to be insulting???

Chris F
11-03-2009, 04:31 PM
if that was true, why dont you just leave it alone, why do you have to keep posting that seem to be vailed attempts to be insulting???

If you look back you will notice I did not say anything till recently when Crisco made a very good point and you still found a way to justify this man's ministry. I do not veil nothing. I am very open in my insults towards false teachers. He is a sham and a heretic and will pay for the damage he has done to many people. Just as I am sure I have said thing in the past that causes damage that I Too will be expected to pay for as well. Those in ministry are held to a stricter level then the layity with God and I have been far from perfect. However false teachers I feel very sorry for.

warriorlion
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
exactly when did I JUSTIFY his ministry. Never once have I justified Todd Bentley, Not once. What I have said from the very first post I made was you should not judge the mans status with God now based on his past faults. That you should not be saying the man isnt saved or that he needs to repent, because you dont know what he has dealt with before God. I have said a lot of times that I dont agree with his past teachings, but I am not going to say he is not right with God becuse thats not for me to say, if Todd starts preaching again, I will see what his fruit looks like, and if it is bad as before then we will know he has not got right with God. But before that happens I will not, and as far as I am concerned, nor should anyone else state his position before God.

Sometime Chris I think you read what you think is there, not whats actually said

Chris F
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
exactly when did I JUSTIFY his ministry. Never once have I justified Todd Bentley, Not once. What I have said from the very first post I made was you should not judge the mans status with God now based on his past faults.

What you conveyed whether it was your intention or not is that he has a valid ministry until he messes up again and that we have no right calling him out on what he did in ministry. When scripture clearly tells us to judge every minister and to test the spirits involved. His salvation is of no consequence to anyone on here because God alone tends to that. But everyone on here needs to judge his actions and his ministry. We are doing that you said we shouldn't that is all I am saying. His status with God as a person is his cross to bear. His status with God in public ministry is ours.

Crisco
11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
yeah but would you feel the need to go to everyone else and tell them you did wrong to me???

Sorry for being late i just noticed this.

I would probably go to everyone I punched in the face and did their wives. Because I in my sinful ways did severe harm to them.

This man was one of the reasons these people where led astray. He should apologize to ANYONE and EVERYONE he MAY have influenced away from God.

warriorlion
11-03-2009, 10:34 PM
What you conveyed whether it was your intention or not is that he has a valid ministry until he messes up again and that we have no right calling him out on what he did in ministry. When scripture clearly tells us to judge every minister and to test the spirits involved. His salvation is of no consequence to anyone on here because God alone tends to that. But everyone on here needs to judge his actions and his ministry. We are doing that you said we shouldn't that is all I am saying. His status with God as a person is his cross to bear. His status with God in public ministry is ours.

No thats not at all what I conveyed. Telling you not to judge him, after you said more or less stated that he was going to hell( I know for a fact that any man who worships angels will not have much of a chance for salvation with that belief.) . does not validate his ministry its saying that yeah he made past mistakes and that lead to his downfall but you are nt the personto judge his salvation. Thats what I said from the beginning.

Not once will you fiond in anything I have said that say Todd bentley was right in his preaching. Nor will you find me saying that you shouldnt judge the fruits, but I can go back and re post your statements if you like, as well as my own, I have said from the beginning, dont judge the man. Never said not to judge his fruits.

As I stated before Chris you read what you want to read, not what has been said

warriorlion
11-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Sorry for being late i just noticed this.

I would probably go to everyone I punched in the face and did their wives. Because I in my sinful ways did severe harm to them.

This man was one of the reasons these people where led astray. He should apologize to ANYONE and EVERYONE he MAY have influenced away from God.

do you feel that he wronged you???

if not then he doesnt need to apologise to you, so a public apologies is not needed.

did you go and apologise 1to everyone that you have wronged before you got saved???
I didnt, does that mean I am not forgiven and that I am condemned due to my past mistakes.

Crisco
11-03-2009, 11:59 PM

if not then he doesnt need to apologise to you, so a public apologies is not needed.

did you go and apologise 1to everyone that you have wronged before you got saved???
I didnt, does that mean I am not forgiven and that I am condemned due to my past mistakes.

I feel he wronged every Christian

and I never ministered false doctrine to people and risked their salvation.

Chris F
11-03-2009, 11:59 PM

You are making it personal when it is public. He preached false doctrine and need to publically renouce those false doctrines. I can careless what he did in his private life God will address that with him.