PDA

View Full Version : Parents Sentenced in Daughter's Prayer Death

Play The Man
10-07-2009, 04:55 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,560941,00.html?test=latestnews

A judge sentenced a Wisconsin couple to 10 years probation and 30 days a year in jail for the next six years for praying instead of seeking medical care for their dying 11-year-old daughter.

Marathon County Circuit Judge Vincent Howard sentenced Dale and Leilani Neumann on Tuesday. The jail terms were stayed pending appeals by the couple of their convictions for second-degree reckless homicide in March 2008 death of their daughter, Madeline Neumann.

The girl died of complications from undiagnosed diabetes on the floor of the family's home while people around her prayed. Someone called an ambulance after she stopped breathing.

Prosecutors argued the parents should have rushed the girl to a hospital because she couldn't walk, talk, eat or drink.

que
10-07-2009, 08:01 AM
that is pretty wreckless i must say

Crisco
10-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm all about the power of prayer but that doesn't mean you don't try and save the person anyway.

God saves indeed but he also won't shoot food out of the sky to feed me if I sit around all day.

Pray when you get to the hospital.

Vizion
10-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Didn't God make doctors for a reason :huh:

Rev
10-08-2009, 09:20 PM
this type of "folk" theology just makes me sick.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Didn't God make doctors for a reason :huh:

Yep! In fact I believe that if someone is really good at being a Doc,Surgeon,ect. that they have a gift from God! Now thats not to discount all the work that went into gaining that Knowledge and skill but I think God gifted certain Folks with the ability to learn medical stuff!